Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Halloween celebration at school cancelled

Posted by Annie 
I'm constantly amazed (although I shouldn't be in this pc age) how a few religious or self-righteous bigots get their way. It doesn't matter if it's at a school, college, etc.

It reminds me of what happened at the college I attended last year. A few religious nut students raised holy (and only holy) heck because when they had a Halloween festival they did NOT want people to wear witch and/or devil costumes. The dean of students rubber stamped this without checking with any of his superiors. This was a college, not an elementary school. The dean caught holy hell, and the order was rescinded.

Talk about morons. Granted, this was in the south, which is more or less synonymous with backward people, backward thinking, and just generally, backwards (hey, sometimes stereotypes are there for a reason, people!!!!).

The gist of this rant is, if you don't like something, don't participate, do something different, change channels, whatever. Just stop screwing others out of some harmless fun.

Thanks. I feel better now.

I'm also saving up money to get out of this hellhole that is known as the Bible Belt.

Bleah.
Well, this just goes to show, that in these times, the will of the few outweighs the good of the many. That principal is a spineless twit.
Annie, you seem way too normal for the bible belt. Best of luck to you!
So what this teaches us is...if you whine, cry, pout and make threats to take your toys and go home, you will get your way...but only IF you are religious enough. I highly doubt PETA will EVER get a thanksgiving celebration cancelled, nor will any agnostic or athiest group ever get easter or christmas celebrations cancelled in schools. We live in a stupid christian society where there is NO seperation of church and state and every politician is more than willing to bend over and take it up the ass...as long as the person who's giving it is rich enough or holy enough. The bible is FICTIONAL, and not even that good.
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: Halloween celebration at school cancelled
November 02, 2005
The bible, like a baby/child, is totally useless. Good for little more than starting a fire.
November 02, 2005
The people who got Halloween cancelled in Newton are not fundies, but of the politically correct/we-can't-offend-anyone sort. They preach "inclusiveness," but it's only of those they approve. Their brand of religion is as repulsive as that of the fundies.
That they preach inclusiveness is just ironic... They don't even realise how stupid they sound.
reincarnation of groucho
November 04, 2005
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members
Anonymous User
November 11, 2005
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what this teaches us is...if you whine, cry,
> pout and make threats to take your toys and go
> home, you will get your way...but only IF you are
> religious enough. I highly doubt PETA will EVER
> get a thanksgiving celebration cancelled, nor will
> any agnostic or athiest group ever get easter or
> christmas celebrations cancelled in schools. We
> live in a stupid christian society where there is
> NO seperation of church and state and every
> politician is more than willing to bend over and
> take it up the ass...as long as the person who's
> giving it is rich enough or holy enough. The
> bible is FICTIONAL, and not even that good.

Yes, I agree totally. If majority ruled, the world would be flat. These people have no respect for the beliefs of others. All they keep spewing are rhetorical questions and "society says" bullshit. The thing is the Bible also speaks about not fucking and breeding outside of marriage, but how many of these fucking christians follow that. I've had it with their excuses.
Go to google...type in "Republican Pedophiles" and get your bucket.
November 12, 2005
But this time, it wasn't the fundies. Newton is a very much of the liberal, politically correct, hippie-dippy religion. They're just as repulsive as the fundies. I don't live too far away from this city, so I know how it is there.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.