Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Toddlers in restaurants - a social battlefield"

Posted by yurble 
Re: "Toddlers in restaurants - a social battlefield"
February 17, 2011
yurble
law1204
ENA is discussing the same article. A couple of posters look like they'd fit right in here. Others are the typical MOO types.

http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372386

You should invite hexaemeron and Fudgie here smiling smiley

I would but I haven't been able to figure out how to send PMs yet. I've been on there since 2007, and just got a new ID the other day so I could fuck with my former emotionally-fucked-up pen pal who posts there regularly...it looks like PM went away?
February 17, 2011
law1204
I really don't get how breeders, in order to deflect the conversation away from their bullshit, point out how some adults act badly in public as well and are too noisy or inappropriate.

That's such a straw man. Nobody--beyond the boorish and obnoxious assholes themselves (who aren't participating in the discussion anyway)--is defending boorish and obnoxious behavior by adults. Inappropriate behavior is inappropriate behavior, and just as drunkenness is no excuse, extreme youth is also no excuse. How is it 'discrimination' if I hold everyone to the same standards of behavior?

I can only echo law. Fuck them. Fuck the lot of them. angry flipping off
February 17, 2011
I logged in under my old ID, because I have enough posts to have PM. I invited ~unknown~, Fudgie, and hexaemeron. We'll see if they like it here and can handle the flames!

Edit: Fudgie is already here but I guess hasn't been back since before the big crash. I told her it's now moderated and that the mods are doing a fab job.
February 17, 2011
law1204
I logged in under my old ID, because I have enough posts to have PM. I invited ~unknown~, Fudgie, and hexaemeron. We'll see if they like it here and can handle the flames!

Edit: Fudgie is already here but I guess hasn't been back since before the big crash. I told her it's now moderated and that the mods are doing a fab job.

I forgot to mention ~unknown~ as s/he wasn't in the first few pages. I was certainly enjoying how all three of them were handling themselves. Who knows if they'll come here, or like it here, but it seemed like they might.

Nice to hear that Fudgie was a member in the past. It's a shame that it isn't possible to let everyone know of Bratfree's return.
February 17, 2011
Well, since we are inadvertently on the subject of ENA, here is a closed thread started by a lactivist-angel clump-indigo child moo. The mods told her basically to eff herself with a rusty chainsaw when she asked that they should issue a smackdown to people being "prejudiced" against children and saying "I hate babies."

LOL!

http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337494
February 17, 2011
BTW I feel the same way about babies in restaurants as I feel about parrots in restaurants. Parrots can be either quiet or screechy. But they are always a germ vector.
February 17, 2011
law1204
Well, since we are inadvertently on the subject of ENA, here is a closed thread started by a lactivist-angel clump-indigo child moo. The mods told her basically to eff herself with a rusty chainsaw when she asked that they should issue a smackdown to people being "prejudiced" against children and saying "I hate babies."

LOL!

I recall a similar discussion on TCFL over http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2010/07/27/shorter-cuter-more-honest-people/ - I'm sure we must have torn this moronic post apart here, too, but Google is not being my friend tonight.

There is so much entitlement shit in the 'discrimination and prejudice' argument that it probably deserves a thread of its own.
February 17, 2011
yurble
law1204
I really don't get how breeders, in order to deflect the conversation away from their bullshit, point out how some adults act badly in public as well and are too noisy or inappropriate.

That's such a straw man. Nobody--beyond the boorish and obnoxious assholes themselves (who aren't participating in the discussion anyway)--is defending boorish and obnoxious behavior by adults. Inappropriate behavior is inappropriate behavior, and just as drunkenness is no excuse, extreme youth is also no excuse. How is it 'discrimination' if I hold everyone to the same standards of behavior?

I can only echo law. Fuck them. Fuck the lot of them. angry flipping off

It is a completely immature argument as well. I hear it from kindergarten aged children every time I catch them misbehaving: "Well, he was doing it too!!" Just because someone else is being an asshole doesn't make it ok for you (or your brats) to act the same way, breeders.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 18, 2011
THe same argument is used about airplanes: "Well what about the drunk obnoxious guy on the airplane? Why are you not worried about him and so against my Snowflayke."

My take: the drunk can be arrested. Would you rather we treat you to the same standard?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 18, 2011
yurble
law1204

LOL!

I recall a similar discussion on TCFL over http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2010/07/27/shorter-cuter-more-honest-people/ - I'm sure we must have torn this moronic post apart here, too, but Google is not being my friend tonight.

There is so much entitlement shit in the 'discrimination and prejudice' argument that it probably deserves a thread of its own.

Oh shit, I TOTALLY remember that article. Didn't someone post it to the secret forum since BF was down at the time?? I think that was around the same time we were ripping on Daphne Brogdon and her husband's shitty Tarpit restaurant.

Entitlement, it's what's for dinner!
The Compromiser
February 19, 2011
In response to why people hate children now, part of it is because so many parents don't teach their children to
behave. They feel like, "If they're good enough for us, they're good enough for everybody else." This kind of thinking
would be more acceptable if they stayed at home all the time. However, just as adults are expected to behave
properly in a public setting, children need to be taught to do so, or just stay home. Parenting is difficult, and sacri-
fice is part of it. I never saw the inside of a restaurant until I was about ten, and even then I was corrected when I
spoke too loudly one time. Unfortunately, so many parents today grew up eating out all the time, and they don't
want to stop. Sorry. That's part of being a parent. You need to not eat out as often, and save the nice restaurants
for a special occasion when you will hire a baby sitter.

Children need to grow into the privilege of eating out. If they can't behave, they can't go. And sometimes, neither
can you. It is to be your sacrifice. Not the sacrifice of every other person in the place. And besides, if some parents finally
do hire someone to keep the kids so they can have a pleasant evening out, what if someone else's children bother them?
It works both ways. If everyone would be considerate, it would help everyone.
February 19, 2011
The Compromiser
Children need to grow into the privilege of eating out. If they can't behave, they can't go. And sometimes, neither can you. It is to be your sacrifice. Not the sacrifice of every other person in the place. And besides, if some parents finally do hire someone to keep the kids so they can have a pleasant evening out, what if someone else's children bother them? It works both ways. If everyone would be considerate, it would help everyone.

When you say, "neither can you," you'd better be talking about a hypothetical parent and not the childfree...right?
My brother and I were taught proper table manners, and were expected to use them at home and when we went out to eat. We didn't go out to eat that often but when we did, we were expected to behave regardless of the kind of restaurant it was. Sometimes our parents would want to go out just by themselves, so we were left with a babysitter, usually a neighbor or a member of our extended family. If something happened and the sitter couldn't make it, Mom and Dad were out of luck.

Again, eating out wasn't a common thing in our family, mainly because we weren't wealthy by any means(Dad was a plumber, mom did secretarial/receptionist/clerical, and sometimes retail work), and there just weren't many places in the small town we lived in. Going out for Mexican or Chinese was a rare treat for us. When we did, we were expected to sit quietly, eat our food, and behave ourselves, there was no screaming, running around the restaurant disturbing other people, etc.

I once worked a second job in a chain restaurant. Fortunately, I worked the take out counter so I wasn't in the dining area, but sometimes the screams of brats went through my head like a knife, and the horror stories the servers would tell about the messes the kids made, and a couple of times a server had stuff thrown at them by brats and the parents didn't correct them, makes me want to just do take out if I want something from a restaurant.

It shouldn't be this way, but that is what poor parenting has resulted in.

Donna Four Eleven
January 09, 2023
labwoman
So all the other diners are supposed to "PUT UP AND SHUT UP" while a breeder couple's shitsacks squall incessantly? We're supposed to somehow tune it out like the breeders do, as they just go on enjoying their meals while everone else has to suffer because of their fucking shitsacks? I DON'T THINK SO! I will give the stinkeye repeatedly towards breeders who subject their fucking brats to everyone else, thus destroying what is supposed to be an enjoyable dining experience! Fuck YOU, breeders. If you can't afford a sitter, stay the fuck home. And for those breeder-pleasers who say, "It's just a baaaybeee, that's what they DO." A big FUCK YOU, too! Baybeez and toadlers do not belong in public dining establishments unless it's McPuke's, Booger Fling, or FuckECheeze's. Leave the goddamned brats at home, assholes!

Can you tell that I've had one too many experiences with this shit? Too many to count. I hate breeders AND their brats.

Preach! People need to learn not to be pieces of shit and inflict their howling crotchfruit on everyone else. If little Shitley's gonna cauterwaul, you remove him from the area ASAP!
January 09, 2023
here's a zombie post risen from the great beyond...
interesting. been a loooooong time

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 10, 2023
law

LOL!

The above link gave error: Sorry!
The page you requested does not exist

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 11, 2023
twocents
here's a zombie post risen from the great beyond...
interesting. been a loooooong time

really.

Why are all these old threads being necromanced? The new stuff isn't interesting? shrug
January 12, 2023
Link probably doesn't work because it has moved or ceased to exist.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 12, 2023
twocents
Link probably doesn't work because it has moved or ceased to exist.

If this link has been necromanced, probably.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login