Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Titmilk icecream on sale in London *hurls*

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Titmilk icecream on sale in London *hurls*
February 26, 2011
Article on Yahoo today...

"New mothers looking for a bit of extra cash need to look no further than their own assets, as a London restaurant is now offering money for breast milk – to make ice-cream.

Covent Garden company, Icecreamists, has started serving 'Baby Gaga' to customers using milk donated from 15 women who responded to an online advertisement.

Pasteurised and churned together with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest, the unorthodox dessert is served by a costumed Baby Gaga waitress and comes in a martini glass at £14 a dish.

Now the company is looking for more women to provide breast milk – and are giving £15 for every ten ounces that are extracted using breast pumps on site.

New mother Victoria Hiley, 35, provided the first 30 ounces of milk, and said the concept was a great "recession beater".

"What's the harm in using my assets for a bit of extra cash?" Mrs Hiley said.

"I teach women how to get started on breastfeeding their babies. There's very little support for women and every little helps."

Mrs Hiley said the ice-cream “melts in your mouth”, and added that if adults realised how tasty breast milk was it would encourage more mothers to breastfeed.

Matt O'Connor, 44, who runs Icecreamists, said he thought there had been a very positive response to the dish so far.

"No one's done anything interesting with ice cream in the last hundred years," he said.

"Some people will hear about it and go, 'yuck,' but actually it's pure, organic, free-range and totally natural."

To uphold health standards, lactating women undergo health checks the same as those run by hospitals to screen blood donors.

Another 13 women have reportedly volunteered to donate their breast milk."

two faces puking
Re: Titmilk icecream on sale in London *hurls*
February 26, 2011
I look forward to their piss-n-vinegar smoothies and sourdough shit sandwiches with puke au-jus.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 26, 2011
Topic was also mentioned here. I keep wondering how they can say that women 'volunteered' to 'donate' when they are getting paid for it.
February 26, 2011
Can't wait for moo burgers, either! openmouthed shock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login