Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not Gaga over titmilk ice cream, after all...

Posted by navi8orgirl 
Not Gaga over titmilk ice cream, after all...
February 28, 2011
LONDON, England -- Local government officials said Monday they have confiscated ice cream made with human breast milk from a London shop amid concerns the dessert is unsafe. THANK YOU, common sense reigns.

A spokeswoman from Westminster City Council said it was responding to two complaints from the public over whether a shop should be selling edibles made from other people's bodily fluids and awaiting guidance from Britain's Food Standards Agency. The official spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with council policy.

The official said the ice cream, marketed as "Baby Gaga" and launched last week, is being tested with the full cooperation of The Icecreamists, the parlor marketing the dessert.

Viruses, including hepatitis, can be passed on through breast milk. Hmmm, not exactly what I am looking for in a dessert.

The company has said that the milk was screened in line with blood donor requirements suuuuure before being pasteurized wait, so it wasn't raw/fresh? I smell a backpedalling... and churned together with vanilla pods and lemon zest. The dish comes in a martini glass and sells for 14 pounds ($22.50) each.

"As far as we are aware there is no law prohibiting a business from selling breast milk ice cream," Matt O'Connor, founder of The Icecreamists, said in a statement.

The company paid women who responded to an online ad to donate their breast milk and said all of its products meet the "highest and safest" of food standards. And what says they are not donating to, say, buy more meth...

The company said it has had a "huge response" to its "fresh take" on the world of ice cream. The Icecreamists said at the time that its "Baby Gaga" ice cream sold out as soon as it launched on Friday, but that women had signed up to donate more milk.

(Copyright ©2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Re: Not Gaga over titmilk ice cream, after all...
February 28, 2011
two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking two faces puking

lab mom
February 28, 2011
navi8orgirl
LONDON, England -- Local government officials said Monday they have confiscated ice cream made with human breast milk from a London shop amid concerns the dessert is unsafe. THANK YOU, common sense reigns.

A spokeswoman from Westminster City Council said it was responding to two complaints from the public over whether a shop should be selling edibles made from other people's bodily fluids and awaiting guidance from Britain's Food Standards Agency. The official spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with council policy.

The official said the ice cream, marketed as "Baby Gaga" and launched last week, is being tested with the full cooperation of The Icecreamists, the parlor marketing the dessert.

Viruses, including hepatitis, can be passed on through breast milk. Hmmm, not exactly what I am looking for in a dessert.

The company has said that the milk was screened in line with blood donor requirements suuuuure before being pasteurized wait, so it wasn't raw/fresh? I smell a backpedalling... and churned together with vanilla pods and lemon zest. The dish comes in a martini glass and sells for 14 pounds ($22.50) each.

"As far as we are aware there is no law prohibiting a business from selling breast milk ice cream," Matt O'Connor, founder of The Icecreamists, said in a statement.

The company paid women who responded to an online ad to donate their breast milk and said all of its products meet the "highest and safest" of food standards. And what says they are not donating to, say, buy more meth...

The company said it has had a "huge response" to its "fresh take" on the world of ice cream. The Icecreamists said at the time that its "Baby Gaga" ice cream sold out as soon as it launched on Friday, but that women had signed up to donate more milk.

Good thing common sense has prevailed. I certainly do not wish to consume the products of some human cows' udders. And they wonde why so many of us call them broodcows.
February 28, 2011
MerlynHerne
navi8orgirl

Good thing common sense has prevailed. I certainly do not wish to consume the products of some human cows' udders. And they wonde why so many of us call them broodcows.

This and hello no.

lab mom
Anonymous User
February 28, 2011
Breast milk is potentially hazardous human waste. I'm glad that shit got confiscated. It'd be like selling "Nutty Diarrhea Moccachino", "Dried Pus Nuggets - Now with Chives!", "Sebum butter", or "Snotsicles". Or corpse jerky. Human. Waste. End of story.
February 28, 2011
GOOD.

That SHOULD stop the exploitation of human females as livestock!:gross
March 01, 2011
Banshee
GOOD.

That SHOULD stop the exploitation of human females as livestock!:gross

This, or damn incubators. moo with baybeem

lab mom
March 01, 2011
I wonder if the ice cream place ever thought of restricting the cows' diets? "This ice cream was made from the milk of a woman who only ate (food x)."

It's your hell; you rot in it!
March 01, 2011
You know what's gross too? They probably used the same scoop for the breast milk ice cream as for the others! So even if you didn't know about or want it, your ice cream could have been contaminated. two faces puking
March 01, 2011
Ketchup
You know what's gross too? They probably used the same scoop for the breast milk ice cream as for the others! So even if you didn't know about or want it, your ice cream could have been contaminated. two faces puking

Oh god Ketchup I didn't even think about cross contamination when I first read the article. two faces puking That was probably a contributing factor to it getting confiscated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login