Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Police officer killed by the lethal vomit of a 3 month old

Posted by Amethyst 
Police officer killed by the lethal vomit of a 3 month old
March 18, 2011
Police officer dies from illness he caught trying to save newborn baby with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation

A police officer who responded to a 911 call in Florida and tried to save a newborn baby with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation -- thereby coming into contact with the bacteria-laden vomit of the kid -- has died after a five-year battle with an illness he caught from the infant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367328/Police-officer-dies-illness-caught-tried-save-newborn-baby-mouth-mouth.html

You copy, you paste.

Five fucking years of extreme sickness until his heart finally gave out and stopped beating. TAKE NOTE. Children are fucking POISONOUS.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Re: Police officer killed by the lethal vomit of a 3 month old
March 18, 2011
:::speechless horror:::
March 18, 2011
How tragic for the police officer.

lab mom
March 18, 2011
Shitsacks are germ-vectors. I'm so glad that I had decided not to become an EMT, even after all of my training and my certification. I thought about re-certifying in CPR, but decided not to, after reading this story. Five years of agony... stupid, ignorant moo for not having forewarned the officer that her little shitbag was SICK.
Florida, huh? Won't disclose the bacterial infection that fucked his heart, eh? Wanna make a bet that the kid's another illegal fresh off the boat from Havana with a crazed jungle disease?
March 18, 2011
lupabiyotch
Florida, huh? Won't disclose the bacterial infection that fucked his heart, eh? Wanna make a bet that the kid's another illegal fresh off the boat from Havana with a crazed jungle disease?

I would almost certainly bet on it. And moo's REAL name is not what the article says it is...

When I did my clinicals in the ER, I had a patient who had active TB. When I told him that I was going to take his blood pressure, he looked at me and said, "no comprende." Before that time, TB had pretty much disappeared, all of a sudden, it's mysteriously made a comeback. Hmmm....
labwoman
And moo's REAL name is not what the article says it is...

Before I stopped college (to sort out tsunami that is my home life) I was working on my BS in journalism. Nearly EVERY professor tried to sway the journalism students to take another route because working for the media corporations isn't worth it anymore (and it's NOT because of the internet). After reading Hard News (the Jayson Blair fail idiocy) I'm finishing my degree and applying to grad school to become a librarian. I hate the media, they've gone TOO DAMN far with the PC :BS and self-censorship. Nine out of 10 people who want to regulate immigration do it because of incidents in the article, the outbreaks of TB and meningitis, the jobs that are taken away from citizens, and not to mention the COMPLETE break down of medicaid and welfare- not because they're racists! I mean where do MRSA, swine, and avian flu come from? Scandinavia? hitting over the head with a hammer
March 18, 2011
lupabiyotch

This.

lab mom
March 18, 2011
lupabiyotch
labwoman

Before I stopped college (to sort out tsunami that is my home life) I was working on my BS in journalism. Nearly EVERY professor tried to sway the journalism students to take another route because working for the media corporations isn't worth it anymore (and it's NOT because of the internet). After reading Hard News (the Jayson Blair fail idiocy) I'm finishing my degree and applying to grad school to become a librarian. I hate the media, they've gone TOO DAMN far with the PC :BS and self-censorship. Nine out of 10 people who want to regulate immigration do it because of incidents in the article, the outbreaks of TB and meningitis, the jobs that are taken away from citizens, and not to mention the COMPLETE break down of medicaid and welfare- not because they're racists! I mean where do MRSA, swine, and avian flu come from? Scandinavia? hitting over the head with a hammer

I too, am sick of this PC bullshit! ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION and the desire for American citizens to want it to stop is NOT out of racism - it's because of all of the facts that you have mentioned above! FACTS. People need to research what these people from south of the border are doing to the USA; they're raping this country in every way possible. Another thing I cannot stand about them is their complete REFUSAL to speak English and the fact that I have literally been butted out of potential jobs because I don't speak SPANISH. In my own fucking country! So yeah, I will admit that I am starting to hate them. Hell, even my 3rd & 4th generation hispanic friends HATE THEM. Because they're LEGAL, working, tax-paying CITIZENS of America - and just as sick of this shit as the American people are! (that is, except for the bleeding-heart assholes who are pretty much brain-dead.)
March 18, 2011
labwoman
lupabiyotch

I would almost certainly bet on it. And moo's REAL name is not what the article says it is...

When I did my clinicals in the ER, I had a patient who had active TB. When I told him that I was going to take his blood pressure, he looked at me and said, "no comprende." Before that time, TB had pretty much disappeared, all of a sudden, it's mysteriously made a comeback. Hmmm....

The actual comeback of TB isn't out of Latin America. It began as a byproduct from HIV poisitive IV drug users.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/1101/p1761.html

My exposure and subsequent year long need for INH (very liver toxic and requried frequent lab draws and monitoring) came after we picked up an 18 year old just past sprog who was hacking all over the ambulance (on a Christmas Eve volunteer EMS run) Kid admitted to being HIV positive but said nothing about anything eles. There wasn't a lot of information out abut TB then. Well four months later I needed a TB test for a job. Came back positive! Traced it back to this kid. I had to take a toxic medication for a year and have to get chest x rays every two years.Lilly white suburban jerk who had to play with recreation pharms. I get to cash that check from a volunteer duty.

Sorry, but it just seems to me that once the INVASION started happening, MANY diseases, both old and new, seemed to pop up. This is yet another reason why I hate illegals - they do NOT get any kind of medical tests before they sneak into this country... and they hide in the woodwork... kind of like... termites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so glad that I have no goddamned kids - it gives me more time to spend with my pets, who will always love me unconditionally.
March 19, 2011
Was at Kohl's the other day, and their was a Mexican family there, probably illegal. Whiny kids the whole bit. Afterwords, when I was walking out, a clerk checked their purchases to see if nothing was stolen. Very telling.

lab mom
March 19, 2011
thom_c
labwoman
lupabiyotch

The actual comeback of TB isn't out of Latin America. It began as a byproduct from HIV poisitive IV drug users.

MRSA (a disease listed in another thread) and other antibiotic-resistant diseases, such as the antibiotic-resistant variation of TB, have a number of contributing factors.

1) Overuse of antibiotics - in some countries, antibiotics are given out when the patient wants them, rather than when they are deemed medically necessary (France is an example of this mindset). Some bacteria won't be targeted by the particular antibiotic, and won't be killed..they can then swap genes with other bacteria which should have been targeted.
2) People not finishing antibiotics - Lots of people start antibiotic courses but don't finish them because they are too lazy, don't want to pay for the pills, can't afford to continue the medicine, or don't see the point in finishing the prescription when they feel fine. The problem is that some bacteria survive, and they were the ones which were most immune to the drug. It drives the bacteria to evolve for resistance to the antibiotic.
3) Overuse of anti-bacterials - the craze for anti-bacterial soaps in a home setting pushes bacterial evolution. If the soap claims to kill 99% of all bacteria, what do you suppose is happening to that other 1%?
4) Factory farming - because animals are kept confined and overcrowded, disease outbreaks are likely unless the animals are dosed with antibiotics. The conditions aren't improved, and the disease is still present, mutating, but the animals just aren't dying of disease and can therefore provide us with cheap meat.
5) Prolonging life - modern medicine lets people who are very sick or who have problems with their immune systems stay alive. Such people are good hosts for all sorts of illnesses, which can then spread into the wider community (e.g., MRSA used to be a hospital disease which affected the sick and weak, and now it's possible to get community-acquired MRSA which attacks healthy people). I'm not just talking about people with AIDS, but also transplant patients, and others. Modern medicine has focused on how to save the individual, and doesn't appear to have thought much about the impact on the community if large numbers of individuals have compromised immune systems.

Of all these reasons, none is specific to developing countries. Quite a lot of them are more common in developed countries. The one which is most often seen in developing countries is people stretching or diluting medication because they cannot afford the proper dose, which is reason #2. This is probably behind the spread of malaria which is resistant to traditional treatments. But it's not the source of all disease. You can also blame the anti-vax breeders (not for antibiotic-resistant diseases, but for the return of many diseases we considered eradicated in the developed world), the modern medical culture of life at all costs, intensive animal farming, and the idiots around you.

The procedure for entering the US legally with a green card involves a medical test for TB. So legal immigrants should not be infected when they arrive. However, the test is not mandatory for a tourist visa (presumably because of the economic impact), so someone who is infected with TB could easily spread it during a 3-month visit. These are not isolationist policies.

That's why I think we need to recognize that disease is a global issue, and that disease can and will spread, unless we suddenly stop all the thousands of flights taking place each day. Immigrants can carry disease, but so can tourists or citizens returning from trips abroad. Squalid conditions within can also foster disease within a country. It's in our own self-interest to combat the factors which are leading to the rise of antibiotic-resistant diseases, whether that means ensuring that poor people get sufficient anti-malarial drugs or tackling our own culture of cheap meat.

As for immigration, I can see it both ways. I can see why someone would want a better life. I can also see why a host country wants to preserve its culture, without feeling threatened by overwhelming immigration. It seems to me that limited immigration, driven by personal feelings (such as a partner, a desire to travel, etc) rather than economic reasons would be best...but that won't happen so long as there is great economic disparity in the world. In most countries the economic elites are in favor of immigration, because it provides them with cheaper labor, and are thus deaf to the complaints of cultural dilution which are keenly felt by the average citizen. That's why I don't think that legal immigration is going to slow down much despite criticism, and stopping illegal immigration will always be like trying to stop a tidal wave. As long as there is motivation, people will try, and in their position I might well do the same.

My sympathy is with all the people who don't benefit from the current situation.
March 19, 2011
Can't read anymore. openmouthed shock
March 19, 2011
Bringing this back to more on topic, moos and breeders are always saying "there's no greater love than that of a mother." well this cop, people like me, show that is a line of bull. There are parents who do what we do but the loudest and most sanctimonious would never think of sticking their necks out like this. Especially like I do as a volunteer for no pay.

Moos are all about "the family" and "my babies." This cop died, I got exposed to TB for people we'd never met. We do it because it is what we believe is right. The great love they talk about is selfish and limited to their own. This cop cared enough to step up and take an ultimately fatal risk. I take that same risk. (My current job is listed as one of the most dangerous in the nation - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/nation/medical-helicopters/fatal-crashes.html) That love is not limited to one box. It moves beyond one's own and to all. It involves caring for and about even the most unlovable,

Much of the mooing and lowing involves Fundamentalist Christianity. Well lurking BNP's John 15:13 says Greater Love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for his friends. Not son, not father, not mother, not brother, not sister - his friends. In good Christian scholar-hood that means your fellow man, any fellow man. This is superior to those who limit their love to family only.

labwoman
lupabiyotch

same with all these other damned diseases. then you have the idiot moos and duhs who think their kids getting innoculations will turn them into a water headed retard. breeders don't innoculate and their kids are around these illegal mexicans and whatnot. then when the kid gets some tropical disease in a non-tropical region and the doctors have no clue how to diagnose it or treat it, the breeders want to sue. kids are as toxic as komodo dragon spittle.
Thank you, Thom C, for the amazing work you do on behalf of all of us.

One thing is definitely true. Breeders elevate "selfish" love - the love for one's own genes as manifested in a sprog -- to high levels, but they possess zero understanding of altruism. All societies need a certain amount of altruism to become great and to be functional, peaceful, enlightened, inventive, etc. The only time a breeder makes noise about some "larger issue" that on the surface would appear to affect lots of lives, say, for example, safety issues for child car seats or something, the ILLUSION is that they are doing this out of altruistic love (giving a shit about the larger world.) The fact is that breeders are ALWAYS self-motivated. The mom campaigning for safer car seats probably had a kid whose toe got amputated in a seat accident or something. It's ALWAYS about them.

They really don't get altruism at all. That's why when we childfree have time and energy to do something like volunteer and so forth their eyes get glazed over and the revert to "You're selfish! You don't have kids!" like a retarded parrot. They don't understand the amount of hours a lot of us have spent throughout our lives doing ENTIRELY ALTRUISTIC THINGS -- with NO benefit to US, and all benefits to somebody else. It's foreign to them.

The childfree people I know are like you, Thom C. In whatever way their skills suit them to, they are donating a huge percentage of time and effort to truly making the world a better place.

Breeders? They don't give a fuck unless it involves their shitsacks.
March 19, 2011
The great love they talk about is selfish and limited to their own.

This. Having kids means you never have to do another thing for the benefit of another human being for as long as you live.

And no, doing things for your fucking kids does not count as 'doing things for other people'. It's doing for yourself, pure and simple.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
March 19, 2011
Amethyst

This. Having kids means you never have to do another thing for the benefit of another human being for as long as you live.

And no, doing things for your fucking kids does not count as 'doing things for other people'. It's doing for yourself, pure and simple.
This!

lab mom
March 19, 2011
lupabiyotch
labwoman

Before I stopped college (to sort out tsunami that is my home life) I was working on my BS in journalism. Nearly EVERY professor tried to sway the journalism students to take another route because working for the media corporations isn't worth it anymore (and it's NOT because of the internet). After reading Hard News (the Jayson Blair fail idiocy) I'm finishing my degree and applying to grad school to become a librarian.

Yay! Welcome!

Just be aware that there is a certain amount of PC-ness in the library profession. ("Undocumented workers" - I hate that phrase!) But for the most part, it is rewarding and enjoyable.

TB was my first guess. What a shame to lose a fine officer. All police departments and EMTs should rethink resuscitation policies. (It's my understanding that mouth-to-mouth is actually out of favor now? Thom C, is that true?)
March 19, 2011
ShimmyMuse
lupabiyotch
labwoman

Before I stopped college (to sort out tsunami that is my home life) I was working on my BS in journalism. Nearly EVERY professor tried to sway the journalism students to take another route because working for the media corporations isn't worth it anymore (and it's NOT because of the internet). After reading Hard News (the Jayson Blair fail idiocy) I'm finishing my degree and applying to grad school to become a librarian.

Yay! Welcome!

Just be aware that there is a certain amount of PC-ness in the library profession. ("Undocumented workers" - I hate that phrase!) But for the most part, it is rewarding and enjoyable.

TB was my first guess. What a shame to lose a fine officer. All police departments and EMTs should rethink resuscitation policies. (It's my understanding that mouth-to-mouth is actually out of favor now? Thom C, is that true?)

Not completely. Studies show that compression only CPR does work and is being taught to lay public. The latest changes in CPR (Went to the instructor updates in San Diego and these are now standard) are - it's now CAB - Compressions , airway, circulation. Compress first for 2 minutes then open the airway and breath. 30 compressions then two breaths via a barrier method. Simple effective face shields that hang off your key chain are dirt cheep. Early compressions, early defib and therapeutic hypothermia are showing the most effect. There is much less stress on airway and advanced airway as opposed to good quality compressions.

Amethyst

thumbs upwink I agree completely.

I have noticed time and time again that, although someone might have been giving and caring to others beforehand, after having shat loaves they seem to feel that they are "paid up" in the helping other people category. I can't name the countless times that I have heard, "I can't help with that anymore, I HAVE KIDS!". or, "My KIDS are my top priority", as an excuse to weasel out of caring for an ailing parent and dumping the responsibility on UNchilded siblings. They use it to take advantage of holiday gatherings as well making it as convenient as possible to them because, "We have to do Santa, so it has to be at or near OUR home". Name a scenario and I can remember parents using the "get out of jail free" kiddie card as a means of not doing SHIT to help anyone but themselves.

It's unspoken, but they just know that they can get away with doing as little as humanly possible due to all of their alleged "sacrifices" at the alter of breederville. If they are to be believed that kids:

1)Are a blessing-gift from God, etc.....
2)Allow them to "live on" in whatever outlandish way from carrying on their name to passing along faulty genetic material, etc.....
3)Will take care of them in their old age
4)Will always share this alleged unbroken bond with them
5)Are a "mini me"

on and on and on......eye rolling smiley

Then I would surmise that these things would cancel out any sacrifices that they have made or will make and puts their "helping others" meter flat on ZERO.bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
March 20, 2011
i tell people-"the last time i had a cpr class was 25+ years ago. if something happens, you're shit out of luck."
First and foremost Thom C :yr. Not everybody has the gray matter wherewithal to do what you do- all for NO PAY (especially breeders)! Second about the MRSA, an old psych prof of mine went into the whole iogeneisis theory (scanned through an old notebook), and for the most part I think he's right (Americans love to medicate ourselves to death- or whenever the antibiotics are no longer effective forcing immunologists to come up with something better and more expensive). BUT there's NO WAY you can overlook that illegals are exposing (and re-exposing) us to diseases. Just because it isn't 1620, doesn't mean it's not happening. I was considering taking the FSO test, and on an ex-foreign officer's blog he stressed that getting your shots before going to Africa, the Mid East, and even Mainland China is imperative.
March 21, 2011
Since we're on the subject of antibiotics, I've noticed a new "trend" within the past few years... doctors giving out Rx's for them like they're candy. I know that antibiotics cannot kill the common cold or the flu, yet I was still prescribed them when I had both; I told the doctor I didn't want them and that I'd "ride it out" until the cold (or flu) went away on its own. I guess that some docs feel that something is better than nothing and that if people are taking some kind of drug, they will feel that it's helping them. Hell, we got free antibiotics from the SPCA for our dog, who had kennel cough. Research has proven that kennel cough for dogs is like the common cold for humans; antibiotics won't make it go away any faster; the animal simply has to "ride it out" for as long as it takes - which can be up to a month sometimes. I gave the dog the antibiotics for the 10 days, just out of curiosity, and guess what? He still had kennel cough for another two weeks following the last pill. Now he's fine. But my little "research" proved itself to be correct, especially after reading the stats online about kennel cough. I only hope that dogger doesn't get sick again where he REQUIRES antibiotics and they don't work because his body built up an immunity to them. Antibiotics are not always the best thing to treat an illness... just TLC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so glad that I have no goddamned kids - it gives me more time to spend with my pets, who will always love me unconditionally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login