Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh this is funny - Ina Garten refuses to meet with "make a wish" brat

Posted by Dogsmeow2 
Re: Oh this is funny - Ina Garten refuses to meet with "make a wish" brat
April 02, 2011
CherryIce
If that was truly Enzo's wish, then why would his mother turn down the opportunity for him? I wonder if he knows what a hullabaloo his mom has caused and that she ruined his chance to meet Ina. That is, if he really wanted to meet Ina. I still say the whole thing reeks of the mother looking for publicity.

The boy is innocent in all of this. He can't help what his mother is writing on her blog. And why do they feel the need to blog about this sort of thing? If it was a private blog for family and friends, that's understandable, but why make it available for every Joe Schmo to read? Everyone is entitled to some privacy when it comes to their health, and I sure as heck wouldn't want my mother publishing every detail of what sort of medical issues I was having. Nothing is sacred nowadays. Everything is up for public consumption.

age of the narcissist. with facebook, myspace, youtube and other forums that allow high visible and perceived anonymity, people feel the need to advertise all aspects of their lives to 7 billion other people on the planet. everybody can be a celebrity with the click of a mouse. and the world obliges and enables-tv shows ask for submissions, news reports glorify youtube posts and internet blogs, etc.
Speaking of her blog...

http://www.angelsforenzo.com/march2011update2.htm

Enzo has ALWAYS had a rare and peaceful perspective on the world, his life, his situation and especially his cancer. This is a child who has NEVER wanted to hurt his cancer or “kick it’s butt” because he truly believes that in turn it will just cause more hurt and pain and that instead, giving it friendship and love will neutralize it and change it from bad cells to good cells and it will move on in peace. He still prays at night to “bless me and bless my cancer” and one of his main concerns and Q’s is; Where does his cancer go when it leaves his body? He is worried that it may leave his body and go to another child and he doesn’t want that. So he has spent a lot of time and energy “OM’ing” as he likes to call it, to try and move his cancer on to a neutral place where it cannot hurt anyone else.

drinking coffee LOL.

If the situation wasn't suspicious already, this would've sealed it for me.

"Befriend my cancer, pray to bless my cancer, but wouldn't wish it on any other kid!" WTF kind of fuckery is new-age moo teaching this brat?
nachtfuchs
Speaking of her blog...

Enzo has ALWAYS had a rare and peaceful perspective on the world, his life, his situation and especially his cancer. This is a child who has NEVER wanted to hurt his cancer or “kick it’s butt” because he truly believes that in turn it will just cause more hurt and pain and that instead, giving it friendship and love will neutralize it and change it from bad cells to good cells and it will move on in peace. He still prays at night to “bless me and bless my cancer” and one of his main concerns and Q’s is; Where does his cancer go when it leaves his body? He is worried that it may leave his body and go to another child and he doesn’t want that. So he has spent a lot of time and energy “OM’ing” as he likes to call it, to try and move his cancer on to a neutral place where it cannot hurt anyone else.

drinking coffee LOL.

"Befriend my cancer, pray to bless my cancer, but wouldn't wish it on any other kid!" WTF kind of fuckery is new-age moo teaching this brat?

He should call on his placenta for assistance.
supreme fatness
nachtfuchs
Speaking of her blog...

drinking coffee LOL.

He should call on his placenta for assistance.

Bwahaha. Indeed. I bet she claims he's one of those Indigo/crystal/rainbow children, too.

"Mama Pereda" is nothing but a famewhore blogger. And the type who never tires of gloating about the superior "enlightenment" she...and her child...have supposedly attained. I'm not a fan or viewer of her show, but it's a shame Ina caved in.
I read she changed her mind. Figures.
But "this is sooo important to lil' Enzo. Out of all the people in the world, he chose her! She should feel honored!" Something tells me moo's grudge, as opposed to Enzo's wishes (last or otherwise) was the first priority when making this particular decision.
April 03, 2011
nachtfuchs
Speaking of her blog...

drinking coffee LOL.

it's like he is channelling the gluten free girl
April 03, 2011
nachtfuchs
But "this is sooo important to lil' Enzo. Out of all the people in the world, he chose her! She should feel honored!" Something tells me moo's grudge, as opposed to Enzo's wishes (last or otherwise) was the first priority when making this particular decision.

he wants to befriend a cancer that is slowly killing him, but wants to exact revenge on ina garten...:BS

or-mom got it wrong and it wasn't ina he wanted to meet-it was shauna
I agree with the sentiments posted here. I think there are two delusions in operation with Enzo's family and those who are spewing vitriol against Ina: Urgency and uniqueness. Enzo is not dying (his mom says so in her blog). However, because he has a potentially life-threatening illness, he qualifies for a MAW wish. She garnered lots of sympathy for him by publishing the mess on her blog (against MAW policy, too!), but what was he denied? Food? Medical care? A roof over his head? A family to love him? No -- the opportunity to cook with a certain celebrity, which, I'm sorry to say, is not one of life's essentials. Thus, there is no real urgency in their wish/demand that Ina cook with him. The other delusion is uniqueness. It is very easy to sit behind a computer and say, "Ina's not that famous. Sure she can take some time for that one little sick boy who is a fan of hers." Ina's not that famous - really?? Then why are there blogs and message boards dedicated to sharing her recipes? Why is it that at book signings people complain about the long lines and the fact that bookstores have set up rules about how many books she can sign per person or that she can only sign books that are bought there, and pictures can only be taken while she is signing books (so she is not getting up to take pictures and slowing the line down)? Because she has lots of fans! It is so easy to say, "I'm the only one like me - I am special. Therefore, I deserve a celebrity's attention." Sorry, but there are just so many hours in the day. It is unfair to sit behind a computer and make conjectures about how someone else spends their day or should spend their day.

Also, the request has been stated differently on different (gossip) blogs - that Ina go to his home and cook with him, or he go to Ina's home (barn) to cook with her. Either way, the request takes more than "a half hour of her time." If she is out on a book tour or speaking engagements - guess what?? She's neither home nor in his city to take that time!

Lastly, if Ina did not field the two requests, but her staff did, then reporting that "Ina denied" or "Ina snubbed" is false. In fact, as soon as Ina heard about the story (after the blogosphere storm), she did call - herself, and she offered to have him come and cook with her outside of MAW so that he could have both wishes - to cook with her and to swim with dolphins. And the family turned her down. So much for urgency and uniqueness - they were going to pitch a fit because they didn't get their way and then stick it to her once she offered. Fortunately, Ina has enough friends and fans that she will recover from the media tongue/finger lashing.
This particular "wish" sounds more like extortion from the moo to the woman who just said no. Like most everyone else, I think that this is MOO-MARE'S wish rather than the kid's. Also, what with all of these kids who go into anaphylactic shock from being in the same room with peanut butter crackers and whatnot, these "foundations" really need to redefine the rules on who gets to make a wish. If they don't have deadly allergies to milk, peanuts, fish, latex, or bumble bees, then they have diabetes, morbid obesity, Bi-polar bear, Autism spectrums, etc........that can all have "life threatening" consequences. I don't think that they should be considered for any "wishes" to be granted unless they are terminally ill. Just facing "life threatening" illnesses-injuries isn't enough to get a "wish", IMHO.

I seriously doubt that a dying child would wish to meet a cook, gardener, or former child actor from the Brady Bunch or Partridge Famblee. THAT would be their moo's "wish". A dying child would be much more likely to want to go to Disney World or meet a contemporary celebrity in sports, music, tv, etc............who HE idolized.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
April 08, 2011
i think a lot of folks don't release that celebrities often do not call the shots on their schedules. they hire staff to handle contacts, donoation requests and their appointments.
April 08, 2011
kidlesskim
This particular "wish" sounds more like extortion from the moo to the woman who just said no. Like most everyone else, I think that this is MOO-MARE'S wish rather than the kid's. Also, what with all of these kids who go into anaphylactic shock from being in the same room with peanut butter crackers and whatnot, these "foundations" really need to redefine the rules on who gets to make a wish. If they don't have deadly allergies to milk, peanuts, fish, latex, or bumble bees, then they have diabetes, morbid obesity, Bi-polar bear, Autism spectrums, etc........that can all have "life threatening" consequences. I don't think that they should be considered for any "wishes" to be granted unless they are terminally ill. Just facing "life threatening" illnesses-injuries isn't enough to get a "wish", IMHO.

I seriously doubt that a dying child would wish to meet a cook, gardener, or former child actor from the Brady Bunch or Partridge Famblee. THAT would be their moo's "wish". A dying child would be much more likely to want to go to Disney World or meet a contemporary celebrity in sports, music, tv, etc............who HE idolized.

apparently, the mother had little intention of following anything maw does. i actually like maw. i had a cousin who was diagnosed with brain cancer at 14 and he fought it and lived his life as if he were going to live to 100. unfortunately, he only made it to 21. but i think maw's goal is to make some aspect of the kids' quality of life better, like my cousin tried to make his better (i think he did something with maw at some point) and that is a good thing. it is dumbass bitches such as this moo who fuck shit up for everybody.
zatoth
apparently, the mother had little intention of following anything maw does. i actually like maw. i had a cousin who was diagnosed with brain cancer at 14 and he fought it and lived his life as if he were going to live to 100. unfortunately, he only made it to 21. but i think maw's goal is to make some aspect of the kids' quality of life better, like my cousin tried to make his better (i think he did something with maw at some point) and that is a good thing. it is dumbass bitches such as this moo who fuck shit up for everybody.

My nephew was diagnosed with stage IV-B Hodgkin's disease as a teenager and was very ill. He qualified for Make-A-Wish. His wish? A drum set! He (and his parents) knew the world didn't revolve around him, and they didn't ask for other people's lives to stop because he wanted something. Thank goodness, his chemo blasted the cancer into remission and he is now 26 and a drummer in two bands. When he was diagnosed, his older brother was out on tour with his own band. A city near me was one of the stops on his tour, and when I saw him after the concert he told me he wished he could be home for his brother but he just couldn't because he was on tour and he was the frontman for his band. He eventually made it home. So, if it's impossible for a brother to leave his own concert tour, then how much more ridiculous is it to demand that a stranger drop everything?
April 09, 2011
Rose Red
I read she changed her mind. Figures.

Now I've lost all respect for her. What a twit!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine

Coddle cancer? Seriously? What a pussy.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 09, 2011
liberry
zatoth

My nephew was diagnosed with stage IV-B Hodgkin's disease as a teenager and was very ill. He qualified for Make-A-Wish. His wish? A drum set! He (and his parents) knew the world didn't revolve around him, and they didn't ask for other people's lives to stop because he wanted something. Thank goodness, his chemo blasted the cancer into remission and he is now 26 and a drummer in two bands. When he was diagnosed, his older brother was out on tour with his own band. A city near me was one of the stops on his tour, and when I saw him after the concert he told me he wished he could be home for his brother but he just couldn't because he was on tour and he was the frontman for his band. He eventually made it home. So, if it's impossible for a brother to leave his own concert tour, then how much more ridiculous is it to demand that a stranger drop everything?

cool it's in remission!

i agree-the world does not stop because of a serious or terminal disease.
April 09, 2011
Miss_Hannigan

Coddle cancer? Seriously? What a pussy.

i think enzo and lu should get together and have a zenfest.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login