Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plenty of lazy parunts in WA state simply opting out of vaccinating their brats angry smiley

Posted by CrabCake 
...as stated in this editorial.

Editorial: It’s too easy for parents to opt out of children’s vaccinations

Washington state has long had a childhood immunization rate that lags the national average, because, in part, it’s easier for parents to sign a form that exempts their children from vaccinations. While some parents opt out for religious or philosophical reasons, others may feel that getting their children inoculated is too great an inconvenience.

[Once again, it all boils down to breeders being fucking LAZY.]

It’s the latter group that is the subject of companion bills in the Legislature, and for good reason. The value of having children immunized in schools and day care centers is that it contains the spread of contagious diseases. The problem is that many parents are busy and it can be tempting to merely sign an opt-out form rather than schedule an appointment or track down medical records.

[That's right, parunts claim they are toooo bizzzzzy to get their disease vectors vaccinated.]

But the consequences of this harried reaction can be serious.

Companion bills moving through the Legislature would force parents to think the issue over by requiring them to provide a signed statement from a health care provider showing they have discussed childhood immunizations before opting out. Parents who can show they belong to a church or organization that is opposed to vaccinations would be exempt.

The hope is that through these conversations parents would learn the value of immunizations. Many people forget the scourge of polio and other childhood diseases that were common a few decades ago. Because they don’t witness measles and other maladies, they don’t make the connection between the decline of these diseases and the immunization regimen that contained them. Some parents may even be willing to risk it for their children, but they need to learn how that decision can lead to wider outbreaks of diseases such as whooping cough and diphtheria.

[So these morons breeding the next generation have to be hit over the head with a clue-by-4 the importance of vaccinations. And they don't give a SHIT how their lack of doing so can affect other people.]

Opting out can also drive up public health spending, though that wouldn’t necessarily be a discussion point for health care providers.

Public health officials support this effort. The medical community endorses the value of vaccinations. Washington state has made strides in increasing childhood vaccination rates. For instance, the 2008 Immunization Survey shows that 73.5 percent of children 19 to 35 months old have had a complete immunization series, up from 69 percent in 2007. But the state still lags the national average of 76 percent.

One chief difference is that other states do not make it as easy to opt out of vaccinations. Washington might be able to close the gap if the Legislature toughens that requirement.

[Now for the mooing and lowing to begin. I hate this bleeding-heart liberal state. I keep telling DH we need to move just 30 miles to the east to Idaho.]

angry flipping off cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck hitting over the head with a hammer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Why aren't unvaccinated kids kept out of public schools? I think that should be mandatory. Provide proof of all vaccinations or you have to homeschool whether you like it or not. So now, who's lazy? Too lazy to get your brat vaccinated = having to have the little shitlings home all day and actually try to teach them something. I bet the vaccination rates would skyrocket if welfare mombies (whose kids' vaccinations are FREE) had to have the twat turds home with them all day, interfering with their soaps and The Price is Right (how would they know, they never pay cash for anything).
I see a lot of these anti-vax Moos on Smothering who say they'll just refuse to vaccinate their kids on the basis of religion or philosophy. This means that all the illnesses that have been controlled with vaccines will start making a comeback. These selfish pigs want to rely on herd immunity, but that shit doesn't work when no one in the herd has any immunity to begin with. It's not like, "Herp derp, let's have Junior get polio and get it out of the way now like chickenpox."

I would like to see schools not allow people to enroll their un-vaxed brats. Because you KNOW these Moos are also the ones who love dumping their sickly super-viral bastards in school when they've got a triple-digit fever, a cough to rival that of a lifelong smoker's, and projectile vomiting every thirty seconds. Of course, doing so might harm the child's iddle self-esteem, so that will never happen. Shit, kids with lice used to be told to stay the fuck home until their heads were clean and now infected kids can happily sit in class scratching their heads and giving lice to everyone else.

And I can only wonder whose fault it will be when these weak little brats start dropping like flies. These sickly little freaks who were born four months premature after a dozen rounds of IVF that are allergic to everything except bread crumbs and wood...the death rates will be astounding as their non-existent immune systems will fail miserably and all the hand sanitizer in the world won't help.

But it's alright if a child dies so the anti-vax mommies can have their own way, I'm sure. Just wait until we get another big-ass pandemic floating around.
Maybe the laziness and stupidity of these parents are God or Mother Nature's way of trying to reduce the population a little. There will be outbreaks of the diseases that we've nearly eradicated and they'll kill all the little unvaccinated snots that people insist on popping out and our numbers will drop to something the planet can handle.
I'm going to point and laugh at these lazy asses when the next big epidemic of measles, mumps or whooping cough goes through their elementary school and the kids are sick for weeks on end with some maybe not surviving. How convenient is it going to be to take the time off work to take care of a sick kid for days or weeks on end? I'm boggled that these ignorant trashy breeders are too stupid to figure this out for themselves. They have already had sporadic outbreaks of whooping cough in the country with the accompanying death toll.

This scenario will only continue to grow now that the breeders are offering up their kids to be hosts for diseases that had been as eradicated as any disease ever can be.
I don't want to hear them moaning and wailing if/when their kids get sick or have permanent health issues because they were too stupid to get the kids vaccinated.

Yeah, let them get the mumps. You idiots know what that can do? CAUSE INFERTILITY. Yah, go ahead. Play Russian Roulette with your kids health and any future grandchildren you want them to spawn. If breeding is sooooooo important to you, why would you do something that would jeopardize that? DUH.
But, you know, they have to decide on whether to get Ashberleighmaynette and Tobiphennelreave vaxed or Duddy that brand new 3-D jumbo flatscreen in time for tailgate season. *LE GASP!* What will all his beer(belly) buddies say?! moo with baybeem And let's not forget that vaccines cause autism...
parents don't want to vaccine kids....illegal immigrants are coming over the border with potential tropical diseases...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what it will all lead to
No it doesn't zatoth. We'll be lucky if the eventual outbreak

As to this problem...I have a solution that would only take three gov't agents, a van, and a dart gun. One looks up the names/addresses/photos of unvaxxed children, one drives the van, and the last is a trained dartgunner to administer the shots 'remotely', if you will. (the idea is to vaccinate the snotlings, not kill them, beneficial to the gene pool as that might be.) After positively ID'ing the little self-propelled disease spreaders, just tag 'em and roll away.
I have an anti-vaxxer on my FB friends list. She's always posting shit about the medical dangers of vaxing and was involved at the Capitol thing a couple of weeks ago - the one where the Objectors had virtually no scientific support. I didn't keep track of what happened or is happening to this bill, but what I DO know is that a lot of anti-vaxxers are also Pro-Lifers who don't have any problem coercing pregnant women into listening to religious propaganda. So they're also hypocrites.
Oh and hey you anti-vaccination idiots. You better pray your kids get chicken pox when they are young. Because it SUCKS BIG DONKEY DONG to get it an adult. And if you are pregnant, you could die. Yeah you morons, DIE.

I dated an OB/GYN. He had a patient, 21 yo woman, who was pregnant and got chicken pox. She fell into a coma and never woke up.

But vaccines are the devil! Riiiiight.......
Dingo8YourBaby
Oh and hey you anti-vaccination idiots. You better pray your kids get chicken pox when they are young. Because it SUCKS BIG DONKEY DONG to get it an adult. And if you are pregnant, you could die. Yeah you morons, DIE.

I dated an OB/GYN. He had a patient, 21 yo woman, who was pregnant and got chicken pox. She fell into a coma and never woke up.

But vaccines are the devil! Riiiiight.......

I was in a retail store and there was a father and child nearby.
I noticed that the child was really spotty and said something to make sure he had noticed for medical reasons.
The kid had chicken pox !
The daddee admitted that he knew it was really contagious ( especially for that first week), but that everyone else should just suck it up because he wanted to shop!
I explained that it was dangerous and painful for adults to get chicken pox/shingles but he just didn't care!
Meanwhile, Mommy will have a shit fit if someone else's equally unvaxed snot-miner, riddled with open viral sores, goes near hers. Other people's un-vaxed bastards are gross, but when it's YOUR un-vaxed bastard, everyone else better learn to shut the fuck up and like it. Moos simply do not care...they don't care who their kid infects, even if it's someone with a weakened immune system who could easily die from the sickness. They don't give a fuck.

Maybe it could help cull the herd somewhat, though. Un-vaxed brat gets a virus,gives it to pregnant Moo, Moo dies. So not only does that wipe out another unnecessary mouth to feed, but also a Moo who could have shit out any number of unnecessary mouths to feed. I wouldn't wish death on a kid because of his or her mother's fucking neglect...but Moo deserves punishment. People didn't spend years researching and creating vaccines so they could be NOT used and diseases kept under control could run rampant again.
Agreed. If you must shit loaves, please inoculate them. Scientists should figure out a way to sneak the vaccines into school food and maintain effectiveness. Unfortunately, most of them have to be administered in very specific ways.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
I know that pertussis (whooping cough) is making a comeback, which means that other diseases can't be far behind. Good - let these moos cull their own herd. I've had my shots.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
I hope someday the government will grow some balls and actually remove the children - temporarily or permanently - from the parents who refuse to vaccinate them for retarded reasons. If we truly care so much about "the children," we need to stop letting the parents' opinions and "thoughts" come before the safety and health of the children who did not ask to have to deal with their parents' bullshit.

Making the situation dead serious is the only way to force these "parents" to sit up, pay attention, and act right.
Well, since most pet boarding places won't accept non-vaccinated animals, I see no reason why schools, church groups, other kindercraptastic groupings shouldn't insist on the same. Yet again a shining example of how stupid breeders treat their spawn with more contempt and less love than most of us CFers do our pets.
I'm tired of this shit. Why should the Wolf (who has congenital immunity issues) or I or anyone else have to risk illness because a bunch of lazy moos think it is their RIGHT not to get their brats vaccinated? I look at this as I do nonsense like Christian Science parents refusing medical care to their children--IT IS CHILD ABUSE, pure and simple! Vaccinations do not cause autism or any other craxy thing that Earth Moosâ„¢ think. I believe the religious objection to vaccination ought to go the way of the religious exemption for CS parents...now, if you do the kind of crap the CS used to get away with, you can be convicted of child abuse and possibly murder if the child dies--the same thing should be happening to these bitches. Just because they're lazy doesn't mean the rest of us, kids or adults, should suffer.
JayJay
I hope someday the government will grow some balls and actually remove the children - temporarily or permanently - from the parents who refuse to vaccinate them for retarded reasons. If we truly care so much about "the children," we need to stop letting the parents' opinions and "thoughts" come before the safety and health of the children who did not ask to have to deal with their parents' bullshit. .

+1. We need to grow a pair and refuse to let the right to practice one's religion override the right of a child to a healthy life. Anti-vaxxers' kids need to be pulled aside by the school nurse, Jehovahs witnesses should not be allowed to refuse blood transfusions for their children, I could go on and on.

There are limits on EVERYTHING; free speech, gun owning, lobbying, etc. That's just how an ordered society has to work. And if we actually DO give a hoot about our future, we won't let people dump toxic waste in it.
So, if there's an outbreak of, say, measles, mumps, pertussis, polio, what-have-you, and the CDC is called, and the index case is an unvaccinated loaf, could the parents be charged with possession of and attack with a biological weapon?

Sorry for the run-on sentence.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
I highly doubt that charge would be used. But they would have every right to administer some overdue medical treatment (by force if need be) and quarantine the brat.
And yet you just had to post, didn't you, Sharon?

edit to add...wow, that one disappeared fast!
In some instances, unvaccinated dogs = fine for dog owner. The same rule should apply to unvaccinated brats.
make it possesion of a WMD.....
I went to school in Washington state and we got our vaccinations AT school. Of course, that was 30+ years ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login