Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ask Annie's Mailbox

Posted by Sheila 
Sheila
Ask Annie's Mailbox
November 07, 2005
Here's the response I turned in to Ask Annie. I hope everyone who reads here has sent in their comments. Thanks for posting the link!

"My comments is that your reader is right on. There's a reason working women are hired last and it is their own fault from their poor work habits. I work in a very large law firm, so I have countless of mothers as my co-workers. It is shameful how little work they do because they are so overly involved with their children. From having lengthy daily phone conversations about their child, from calling in sick during a crunch because their child has the sniffles, from walking around hitting up all their coworkers to buy their child's latest fundraiser (of which my employer finally made a policy against), for not hesitating to fly out of here for a weekly soccer game during an important time, etc. The list is endless. Next time you're looking for a job, think about how many people you have shirked your responsibilities on. Now multiply that times millions of working mothers. It's time to wake up and fly right because are tired of doing your work and we are voicing our concerns to our employers and they are pretty tired of it too."
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.