Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flaming Turtle

Posted by anon 
anon
Flaming Turtle
June 23, 2005
Give it up.. the guy didn't want to deal with the whole mess anymore, and that was his call.

Plenty of folks have stepped up to do their best to take up the slack.. and heck, I think some of the replacements look and work better than the old Brats rants did anyway.

In short, if I had Turtle's email info, you're the last person I'd hand it to.
Anonymous User
Re: Flaming Turtle
June 23, 2005
I agree, it was his board after all and I guess I can agree with him that sometimes there was a bit of wallowing that went on. I do miss the board tho.
Anonymous User
June 23, 2005
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I must admit I'm still surprised by all the "fuck you's" aimed at Turtle. I miss the site too and yeah, it would have been great if he'd given some notice, but he ran that site by himself for 7 years. I don't think too many people could have lasted that long.
CF Uter
June 24, 2005
ITA. Why all the frustration after all this time? I miss it like hell but we have our new communities, better in someways and worse in others, but we still have them. IMHO, there was some negativity on that board that didn't make sense anymore to me. You would rant about something legit, and then people would start flaming ya about nothing,"if you don't like your job, then quit." "if you don't like your family, then disown them" "if your spouse isn't as militant as you, then leave him" Yes, sometimes it may come to these things but it was a rant board that people didn't want to hear the rants on and had a solution for everything. Also, some people would just post every damn People mag article, every little sizzler item or every celeb comment every damn day, even tho I agreed w/ the rants, it got boring in that regard.

Please give it up. He was nice enough to get us together in the first place, let him live his life. This is one point where I think it is appropriate to say that you gotta get over it.
June 24, 2005
just think of it this way, we grew reading turtles (i was a new reader then he went).. and now we have spread out and made our own boards.. our own places.. he has passed the baton on to us, and we are running like mad.

the king is dead, long live the king (and queens)..
CF Scorpio
June 25, 2005
Maybe we should just go ahead and let the ranter email turtle...it will remind him of exactly why he stopped doing the bratpage! Nothing like a hostile entitlement-minded CFer telling an unpaid webmaster what to do with his website. I had to laugh at that part where he/she was all offended that turtle called some CFers bitter!

Ranter, if you really want to email turtle, his email address is not that hard to find. Even though the rant page is gone, there are still other childfree parts of turtle's site that are functioning.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.