Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 576--Kids and Restaurants

Posted by catmeow 
Entry 576--Kids and Restaurants
November 09, 2005
From article:
"I love people who don't have children who tell you how to parent," said Alison Miller, 35, a psychologist, corporate coach and mother of two. "I'd love for him to be responsible for three children for the next year and see if he can control the volume of their voices every minute of the day."

Hey, Alison, we won't be stuck with brats because we're not as stupid as you!

Did you ever tell your crotch turds not to shoot themselves or jump off a bridge? With your placenta-brained reasoning, you must shoot yourself or jump off a bridge to tell someone else not to do those things.

Entitlement-minded breeders like her suck!!
Annie
Re: Entry 576--Kids and Restaurants
November 09, 2005
Right on the money, catmeow!!! Maybe if she'd had only one or two rugrats, she wouldn't be so nasty. I'll bet anything she had them one-two-three, with perhaps 3 months between pregnancies.

And this twit has a Ph.d? Education isn't what it used to be. I'm sure she had a sex ed class somewhere. She just must have slept through the contraception part.

Poor thing.

CF VTer
November 10, 2005
You hatters! smiling smiley

I just came here to post that very article that my friend sent me, and I got beat to the punch!

What these people don't seem to understand is that if you truly can't control your kid (which I think is nonsense), you shouldn't bring it to places where it's going to be a nuisance to others.

I like to bring up my sister's 4 year-old sprog... She goes to restaurants and sits quietly at the table, using her indoor voice, eating her food like a civilized person. No toys. No running around. It really can be done!

Moos think a "boycott" will teach us a lesson. I'm pretty sure I speak for the CF community when I say they can stay out for as long as they'd like... tongue sticking out smiley We'll go to the place more often to make up for their "loss."
sprogless
November 10, 2005
Moos should boycott everything. The world would be a better place!
I don't think the resturant owner is asking anyone to control their freakin' spawn 24 hours a day, he's only asking parents to control their damn kids while they're in the coffee shop. Once they leave the facility, they can let their kids take a crap in the gutter while screaming bloody murder from the way it sounds.

I do not understand why it is such an unreasonable request to ask parents to mind their children while in his business. I believe I am requested, by the LAW mind you, to pay attention while driving and to not be drunk and beligerant in public.

I thought parents had kids because they're so wonderful to watch and be a part of. If you're going to have kids and then spend your day schlepping them from cafe to cafe so you can read a book undisturbed, why the fuck did you have kids in the first place? Anyway, don't any of these moos know that there are simple devices which people can use to make coffee in their own homes?
mercurior 1
November 10, 2005
well i am with you all, good job on him, i would go there myself and tell him in person he is doing a good job, but as i live a little too far away over 5000 miles, a letter will do, if we can find the address i willor someone will put it on here, and we all can send a letter of support.. its about time the childfree, really fought for our freedom for a child free place.

and where would the parents go to take a break away from all their bratty kids, if kids are allowed everywhere..

i say the cf revolution needs to start with people like him, and with us, we give our support..
mercurior 1
November 10, 2005
A Taste of Heaven
5401 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60640-1209
(773) 989-0151

http://newyork.citysearch.com/review/3717389?ulink=profile_2_memberreviewfooter_1___review__1
Nour
November 10, 2005
The picture that accompanies this article illustrates the point right there. His mother is no where in sight. (I clicked on the pic and saw more of a panoramic view and his mother isn't close by.) This is a safety issue, although it wasn't brought up in the article. I'm sure several people in the cafe have tripped over kids "lying on the floor blocking the line for coffee."
Putting up a sign isn't unfriendly at all. Those offended are obviously the biggest offenders. My biggest pet peeve of moos and moo-worshippers is how emotional they are. All emotion, faulty logic.
November 10, 2005
Mercurior 1's link led to a site that has "Good for Kids" ratings. I'll look for places where the rating is poor!

Instead of going to restaurants, moos and their hellspawn should stay home and eat Ho Hos, Twinkies, canned spaghetti and frozen chicken nuggets. You know, the usual shit moos and crotchturds eat.

I'm with Sprogless--I want moos and their cuntshit to boycott not only restaurants, but everywhere else as well. If I lived close to A Taste of Heaven, I would definitely go there. Without shrieklings, the place lives up to its name.
KidFreeLuvnLife
November 11, 2005
What these dumb-ass parents don't understand is: WE CHILDFREE DON'T REALLY GIVE A RAT'S FURRY ASS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!! To me, the less breeders and brats there are in public, the more childfree couples that are going to come out. These are people who previously would not go out in public for fear of being accosted by the daily mommy and me play group. These asshole parents take their brats out in places they clearly do not belong. Tell me, what the fuck is someone's kid doing at a coffee shop, anyway? Kids already act like they've had 12 shots of espresso. The only reason breeders take their brats in places like this isn't because they are trying to teach their kid some manners and etiquette, they are just trying to be a bunch of pricks and piss us off. Pure and simple. They have the "how dare you say anything" attitude - it's all over their sleep-deprived faces. Coffee shops and the like, afternoon brunch, etc., are places for GROWN-UPS. Get it breeders? GROWN-UPS.
sprogless
November 11, 2005
The breeders are ruder than their damn kids are, so it's no wonder that they get the dirty looks they do. I salute mr. McCauley, for having the balls to do something about it! This is kicking up so much so much shit, I hope other business owners jump on the bandwagon. It's just so silly, that this is even an issue. Why, oh, why, can't they control their kids?! Makes me want to scream, but I won't do it in a coffee shop.
CF VTer
November 15, 2005
Follow-up! "A three-fold increase in business!" *giggle*

A Chicago restaurant has gotten two results from a sign telling children to behave -- fewer unruly kids and an increase in sales.

Dan McCauley, the owner of A Taste of Heaven on the city's north side, said he was tired of kids yelling and climbing on his furniture, the Chicago Tribune reports.

The sign which reads: Children of all ages have to behave and use their indoor voices when coming to A Taste of Heaven. It gained national media attention and prompted some angry moms to call a boycott.

Not everyone heeded the boycott. McCauley said the exposure has led to a three-fold increase in business.

McCauley said he just wants some courtesy. He said he doesn't like cell phones being used in his restaurant either.
mercurior 1
November 15, 2005
i know, wonderful isnt it, this is what we need to do more of supporting those places like a taste.. i am sure if all of us cf's got together we could make a bit of a difference..
CF Uter
November 16, 2005
all the chicago CFs that read these boards should pick a day and we should all go together to this place.

I would like to go really hungry and splurge and buy a lot of stuff to eat and drink so they guy knows how much we appreciate him and his stance and we will finally enjoy ourselves since kyds suppose to behave there.

:-)
Annie
November 19, 2005
Way cool, A Taste of Heaven!!! I wish I lived in Chicago. I'd be there as many days per week as I could. As it is, I've sent him a thank you and some $$ for the tip I would have left. (I'll bet anything that those MOOO's are lousy tippers - they have to spend their disposable income on booze - who can blame them - drugs, disposable - never cloth - diapers, etc.)

Would it be too much to ask the city to name a street after Dan McCauley?

CF'ers rule!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, I just love this website!!!! It always reinforcers what I knew many years ago, I made the right choice!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.