Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

python under dishwasher

Posted by Beatrix 
Beatrix
python under dishwasher
August 04, 2005
What I can't believe is why this is even a fucking news story!
This is crap not news.
"Oh, let's call the news and tell them we found a snake (that's not poisonous) under the dishwasher! We have have ickle pwecious chyylldrens."

Growing up, I had direct encounters with snakes more than once. (I lived in Florida.)
I was elementary school aged and I woke up one Saturday morning and found a snake mere inches from my face. My bed was in a corner of the room and the snake was stretched out ON THE WALL in the corner where the two walls met, with its head pointed down towards me. I very calmly and slowly edged away and woke up my parents. My dad said "Go back to bed, knock it off."
"But, daddy, there's a snake in my room, over my bed."
He didn't believe me at first. He finally got up and went into my room.
"Holy shit!"
He went to get my brother's BB gun and started shooting at it. The snake flew off the wall, twisting and slithering. It was kind of funny.
SnakePitier
Re: python under dishwasher
August 14, 2005
BEATRIX:
I think it's really sad that you think it was funny to see the snake struggle in pain after being shot. The snake didn't do anything wrong... It certainly didn't know that your family "owned" the house (or rented, or whatever). Before humans had to multiple like crazy and cover the better part of this planet with concrete, asphalt, and buildings, wild animals had plenty of places to live their lives without "intruding" on humans. Now, there's less and less habitat for them to call home. I feel very sorry for that snake that your father tortured and you laughed at.
Snake Killer
Re: python under dishwasher
August 16, 2005
I think its really sad that there's people out there who can't distinguish between animals that have to be taken care of and animals we can do without one invading our personal space.

I've killed plenty of snakes.. and not all of them were rattlers. I didn't need them snapping at me, or my dogs, or spooking the horses, cows and goats. (I also think guys that call animal control over some pissy little garden snake ought have their balls removed and fed to them, the damn wimps.)

Were there better ways for dad to handle that snake? Well sure.. I've always been a fan of using a shovel and chopping off their little wee heads. Fact is, most people are not wholly aware of which snakes are truly dangerous and which aren't. I could very well understand someone that wanted the damn thing dead without worrying about notifying the next of kin.

Not everything out in the wild is a cute little huggly critter that is really just misunderstood. If you want to be the tree hugging hippie that picks up poor widdle Mr. Snakiepoo and gives him a soy mouse to munch (cause we don't want him to hurt an ACTUAL mousie) and send him on his way with a hug and a pat, you be my guest.

I'm sticking with the shovel.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.