Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Mooing About Husbands Who Don't Give a Shit About Moo-Day:rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/297855

"We have 3 chiIdren & I got nothing for mothers day from my husband...not even a happy mothers day.....what would your response be?":bawl

and the winning answer:bowing

"He did what? Did he at least take the kids out to get you something themselves? If not I would be livid because I make a big deal out of Father' Day for him. As I'm sure you do. You need to sit him down and tell him how hurtfull this was. He needs to realize that without you that happy lifestyle he has wouldn't exist, not the kids, not the clean house and laundry, no dinner on the table, and not the sex."waving hellolarious

shrug...and herein lies the problem. That "happy lifestyle" is very likely an opinion open for debate. So, she will just extort a gift from him by refusing to do her agreed upon job AND refusing sex? That's just ridiculous and pathetic.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I think the real winner is the one who describes throwing things at her boyfriend on valentine's day. How is someone supposed to know that some holiday is sacred to you if you never discuss it? Do they expect men to read their minds (oh, wait, they do, because communication would be too difficult).
What a bunch of immature, whiny, baseless mooing. I can't get beyond how much passive-aggressiveness, entitlement, and even violence there is on that link.

Take the kids to HIS favorite restaurant, leave him behind, put it on his credit card. Enjoy yourselves. He won't forget next year.
Ohhhh, I see that maturity gene kicked in when the baybees came along.

On Valentine's Day
He didn't show up til 7pm, dressed like a bum, sweaty - blood stains on his clothes- and asked if I would help cut up and smoke the wild boar that he and his friends had killed that day. No card, no chocolates, no flowers....nothing. And no excuse except he didn't know that day was that important to me. (???) Soon after he was dodging a variety of flying projectiles. I threw anything within reach at him including the cookies, the picture and I got him square between the eyes with that stupid cupid thing. Then he left and I cried my eyes out, feeling so hurt.
I hope this guy got a restraining order. What a psycho bitch.

And let's not forget about all the talk about getting revenge by either doing nothing for Father's Day, or doing something with a comment along the lines of "even though you did nothing for me." Lets face it, a lot of dads don't even really give two shits about Father's Day, so by plotting against him, you're really going out of your way for nothing.
I don't see the big deal on V-Day...I don't need a special day to tell anyone I love them. People I care for know I care for them on a regular basis because I'll be damned if a fucking calendar is going to dictate when I can "really" give my loved ones gifts or spend time with them.

And yeah, doing nothing for Father's Day isn't going to even be a blip on a Duh's radar. Hell, he'll probably be glad to not get a shaving kit or a tie. In fact, what he wants would likely be for Moo and the snookumses to leave him the hell alone. You'd think that's what these Moos would want - for everyone to just go away fora while.

Mother's Day is a day when I think children get their mothers something or make her a card. Why would a man get his wife a Mother's Day gift? She's not his mother (at least I hope not).
kidlesskim

"He did what? Did he at least take the kids out to get you something themselves? If not I would be livid because I make a big deal out of Father' Day for him. As I'm sure you do. You need to sit him down and tell him how hurtfull this was. He needs to realize that without you that happy lifestyle he has wouldn't exist, not the kids, not the clean house and laundry, no dinner on the table, and not the sex."waving hellolarious

She needs to "sit him down"? I think she's forgetting that it works both ways. He could just as easily sit her down and explain that doing laundry and cleaning a home aren't exactly difficult tasks, and sex is readily available in western society--often times through women who are younger and hotter than your average housewife.
If someone brought me wild boar and asked me to help cut it up, I'd be thrilled. Yummy - I get a cut for helping!

What is up with bitches who expect their husbands to get them something for Moo Day? You're not his mother, idiot.
If a woman is the parent of your kyds, I don't think it's unreasonable to celebrate the holiday for her.

There are many issues going on here....if the mother of three's husband didn't get her anything but has done so in years past, it could be an indication of marital trouble or tension. If something like that happened to me, say on my birthday, DH and I would be talking, STAT.

When dating, communication comes into play. In general, when I was dating, I would observe the man's behavior on Valentine's Day. If a guy asked me what I wanted, I would give him some suggestions, in a light hearted way, and observe what he does. (Dating is all about observation, yanno?) The Deer Hunter's girlfriend sounds like a nut job. Even if she wanted something else and told him, she shouldn't FORCE him to do it her way and she totally lost her dignity. I wouldn't have been waiting around for him, personally but that's me.

I've dated guys who were lukewarm on me and I've dated guys who were nuts about me. The same guy who "doesn't believe in Valentine's Day" will throw out all the stops for a woman he's crazy about.
Oh dog, Father's Day! How could I forget? We have, what, a month's worth of reprieve before that hoopla starts up?

I would seriously quit Facebook if it weren't for a handful of friends on there. I am sick of reading inane updates. Most of the things I look forward to are pages I subscribe to rather than friends' updates.

Even the Bin Laden thing - OK, he's dead! How many ways does it need to be rehashed? Same with the royal wedding. Everything is beaten to death.

Do we have any Britcom watchers on here? If you know the show One Foot in the Grave, I realized this weekend that I am the female version of Victor Meldrew.

As for not getting anything on Mother's Day, I imagine that many of these women are SAHMs supported by their husbands. Isn't that enough of a gift?
Moos, you want candy and diamonds? Get married. Have an anniversary. When I hear a woman bitch that her husband didn't do ANYTHING for their tenth, then I'll listen and throw you some sympathy. Otherwise, if you decide to have kids, expect nothing more than macaroni art for the next few years. Actually, if it's a first child, you'll have to wait a few years.

You want something for Mother's Day while the mother of an infant? Look down. Count your blessings. Tell yourself it's all worth it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

A few years ago at a job for an aged, crusty cpa (just me and him in the office), I asked him once if he had any plans for Mother's Day. He stated that his mother was dead. I then, kinda stumbled over my words and said something in reference to his wife (they had one daughter, who was quite grown up by that point). He pointedly stated that his wife is not his mother.

I liked him. He was the crustiest fucking buckwheat on the planet, but he really helped to shape my perceptions of the world we live in. R.I.P., crusty fucking say-it-like-it REALLY-is old cpa that he was.
I got a card and a box of candy from my pet birdies for Mother's Day. Mr. Hannigan helped them pick it out. smiling smiley

Should I post this and watch the moos' heads explode in pure jealousy?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login