Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teen struck by TWO trains

Posted by Tiquer 
Teen struck by TWO trains
May 24, 2011
This 16 year old got off the school bus, ducked under a gate and was hit by both a CSX and an Amtrak train.

Entire article
Re: Teen struck by TWO trains
May 24, 2011
What an overachiever (by today's school standards).
navi8orgirl NLI
May 24, 2011
That would have made great video....dodges CSX freight train but doesn't see Amtrak in the opposite direction. Gets hit by Amtrak and thrown into the path of the CSX train. Where are the "World's Dumbest..." videographers when you need them.

Moral of the story: trains are bigger than you, the gates are there for a reason, and you are trespassing on private property when on the tracks.

To a train, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
May 24, 2011
WHY do they go under the warning bars? This is unbelievable and yet it keeps on happening. Why do they always make mention of having counselors on hand at the schools when shit like this happens? What is the counselor for exactly? People die and everyone else goes on, especially classmates of the deceased. I fail to see the need for counseling each and every time any student dies.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 24, 2011
Thing is, you could have signs, warning bars, a fence topped with razor wire, locked gates, and some kids would still get through that gauntlet to cut across the tracks. They are bound and determined to cross the tracks, regardless of how dangerous and colossally stupid it is, and despite how many stories are in the news of people getting killed in that very way.

A very brief update to the story--his brother is now saying, "it was a simple mistake."
May 24, 2011
Agreed about the counseling part. Particularly for the kids WHO WEREN'T THERE.
May 24, 2011
I have always thought that having counselors present at school was more of an ass-covering technique than anything, to prevent phone calls to the principal from whiny, bleating parents demanding what the school was doooooing to help their precious sneaughplaiques deal with the sharp edges of reality.
May 24, 2011
I know dogs smarter than this kid. And cats. And chipmunks.
May 24, 2011

WHY do they go under the warning bars?

Because they have been raised to believe that things like crossing arms, warning bars, "no entry" signs, etc. etc. etc., even if for their own protection, don't apply to them. As we are all painfully aware, this is just one outcome of the "no boundaries, gentle discipline" school of child-rearing.

Darwin is a busy man lately.

the world 'fail' on flames

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
May 24, 2011
He wins a trophy for breaking the record!thumbs upup

It's a Darwin Award!grinning smiley
The Slumbering Ghost of Anna Marie Stickel
May 24, 2011
I've been waiting for a story like this!
May 24, 2011
She's baaaaaack!
May 24, 2011
How did those other posts in the old place go?
oh you don't know her she was gentul sowl, how can you jujdge, someone who, why did not know what doing, angel up in air now, loking down to gate on train

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 24, 2011
DEMON TRAIN WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Anonymous User
May 24, 2011
Another one for the Darwin awards....
May 24, 2011
navi8orgirl NLI
That would have made great video....dodges CSX freight train but doesn't see Amtrak in the opposite direction. Gets hit by Amtrak and thrown into the path of the CSX train. Where are the "World's Dumbest..." videographers when you need them.

The banner over the article is missing a line

Western NY village mourns teen struck by 2 trains
**While the rest of the world shakes their head and laughs**
May 24, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 24, 2011
What IS IT with teens and trains in the past two decades?confused smiley Are there more tracks? More trains and less teens? More teens living near tracks? More train companies hiring crazed drivers?

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 24, 2011
Too many morons who think they are invincible and that danger signs do not apply to them. Kinda like the one here who fried himself because at 9 he could not read "DANGER: HIGH VOLTAGE" on a high tension wire tower.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 24, 2011
The ante has been upped: We're now looking for a THREEPEAT!

As I thought this - the game of 'Bunco' came to mind - doesn't that have something to do with six?

Ah, it's only a matter of time til they get into the switching yards grinning smiley
The Idle Ghost of Anna Marie Stickel
May 24, 2011
Was there an iPod involved? Because it's just not a True Teen Train Trauma Tale without an iPod. I know.
May 24, 2011
What I find amazing about this one is that the article states the dumbass was TRYING TO BEAT THE TRAIN! I remember someone here saying, they don't seem to realize that their 7 mph running can't beat the train's speed, which can range from tens to hundreds of miles per hour. Either way, I'm glad that the trains of the world aren't being denied the teens that sustain them.
May 24, 2011
CHOO CHOO! DEMON TRAIN!!!!

navi8orgirl
Too many morons who think they are invincible and that danger signs do not apply to them. Kinda like the one here who fried himself because at 9 he could not read "DANGER: HIGH VOLTAGE" on a high tension wire tower.

I believe that this is exactly it. I see it with the younger kids that I work with. They think that the playground rules do not apply to them, and go home and cry to moomie when they are disciplined. Moomie then calls and bitches that we are crushing Bratley's spirit by telling him not to do something. Bolstered by moomie's attitude towards the staff, Bratley continues to misbehave and ends up with a concussion for running where he's not allowed to run/covered with poison ivy for not staying away from the bushes/stung by a billion bees for throwing wood chips at the hive he found. These kids are being taught that rules are for other people, and this is the result.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
May 24, 2011
:eh??Will the school have someone on hand to explain how stupid this kid was??? Will they be given a warning about not doing this themselves???

:headbrick::eh??Dunce cap
May 24, 2011
CSX and Amtrak, among other RR companies, have already tried to appeal to the galactically stupid:

http://www.CommonSenseUseIt.com/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login