Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teen struck by TWO trains

Posted by Tiquer 
Re: Teen struck by TWO trains
May 24, 2011
kidlesskim
What IS IT with teens and trains in the past two decades?confused smiley Are there more tracks? More trains and less teens? More teens living near tracks? More train companies hiring crazed drivers?

there are less tracks and more idiots.
May 24, 2011
Snark Shark
kidlesskim
What IS IT with teens and trains in the past two decades?confused smiley Are there more tracks? More trains and less teens? More teens living near tracks? More train companies hiring crazed drivers?

Teens are STUPIDER than they used to be.

and YES, THAT'S PRETTY FUCKING STUPID.

it's called "teaching to the test"
May 24, 2011
zatoth
Snark Shark
kidlesskim

This. They are taught how to spew out facts and information (poorly, at that), as opposed to thinking for themselves, learning how to find information, and assimilating it in ways that make sense to them. It's bullshit, and it's hurting this country's future. (Not whining that chyldruuun are our fyooochur, just acknowledging that the current education system is fucking up the up and coming workforce).

It's your hell; you rot in it!
May 24, 2011
Oh wow, has Anna been de-throned? Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2

And yup, the reason for this shit is what CrabCake and a few others have said: the belief that rules and warnings are for everyone else, but not for the special snowflakes themselves. This is what happens to kids who are never told "no," or who are taught from the get-go that they are better than the rules because they are better than everyone else. Eventually, they begin testing the laws of physics and gravity and find out that, in the case of human versus train(s), the human will never EVER win.

Eh well...at least it will take the spoiled special snowflakes out of the gene pool before they become spoiled, bratty adults.
May 25, 2011
I wonder how many of them actually see the train approaching and just stand there.:drool

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 25, 2011
Okay, so one of my students wanted to know what I was reading. I told him that it was an article about a person who was hit by not one, but two trains.

He said, "The trains were probably aiming at her."

Me: "Huh? Trains can't aim, they are on tracks."

Kid: "Yeah, but the tracks move."

Other kid : "At certain places, little pieces of track move to switch the train over to another track."

Kid: "No. That makes no sense. A train can go from Pittsburgh to Virginia or Chicago."

Me: starting to laugh

Other kid: "How much track do you think they move?"

Kid: "I don't know. It's on rollers. Maybe 300 miles or so? However far it is between the places. The track rolls into position to get the train there."

Other kid: "I have to leave. There's too much stupid here." laughing.

Me: "Are you serious?" typing "Look at this train switch."

Kid: "That's so inefficient!"

Me: "Okay." giggle, snort, laugh. Deep breaths.

Anonymous User
May 25, 2011
Silly trains. It's not like stupid teens are in short supply...why couldn't the second train just go find one of its own to play with?
May 25, 2011
i think they were tag teaming this teen.
May 25, 2011
reaperess
Okay, so one of my students wanted to know what I was reading. I told him that it was an article about a person who was hit by not one, but two trains.

Other kid : "At certain places, little pieces of track move to switch the train over to another track."

Kid: "No. That makes no sense. A train can go from Pittsburgh to Virginia or Chicago."

Kid: "I don't know. It's on rollers. Maybe 300 miles or so? However far it is between the places. The track rolls into position to get the train there."

next time you see this kid, ask him how they get the three hundred miles of rolling tracks around houses and mountains? we can have fun with this kid...
May 25, 2011
reaperess
zatoth
Snark Shark
kidlesskim

This. They are taught how to spew out facts and information (poorly, at that), as opposed to thinking for themselves, learning how to find information, and assimilating it in ways that make sense to them. It's bullshit, and it's hurting this country's future. (Not whining that chyldruuun are our fyooochur, just acknowledging that the current education system is fucking up the up and coming workforce).

schools don't make money on intelligent kids that achieve. they get boatloads of cash for sucking, however. having a bunch of semi-literate, gadget addicted morons with two kids by ninth grade give them all kinds of suckage support.
May 25, 2011
reaperess

NEVER let that kid watch the movie Maximum Overdrive. :kill
May 25, 2011
reaperess

That shit is ridiculous, especially the part about the train "aiming". How old are these kids and PALEASE don't tell me that they are above the 4th grade.:hs

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
May 25, 2011
He was a senior in high school. Dunce cap

May 25, 2011
Somebody quick call Mensa.
/sarcasm
May 25, 2011
reaperess

let me guess-the valedictorian of his class, right?
May 25, 2011
zatoth
reaperess

In this day and age, probably. In all seriousness, though, we do have a few really bright, mature kids who will go far in life. The percentage of that type of kid, however, is going down, while the percentage of railroad track kids is rising. It's sad.

May 25, 2011
reaperess
zatoth
reaperess

In this day and age, probably. In all seriousness, though, we do have a few really bright, mature kids who will go far in life. The percentage of that type of kid, however, is going down, while the percentage of railroad track kids is rising. It's sad.

i hope not too many get sliced and diced on the train tracks-i hate having to speak spanish on those rare occassions i go to get a big mac.
May 26, 2011
reaperess

I suppose it's not too surprising a view, given that he probably thinks they roll out the road like a red carpet in front of him.

Maybe you should assign a report about trains.
May 26, 2011
reaperess

I am honestly surprised. I mean, I knew that things were bad, but that dialogue that you posted sounds like the utterances of elementary aged kids in a "special needs" class. Train tracks "rolling" into position, trains "aiming" at anything, it's just pitiful. I have no special "train knowledge" and have never even been a passenger on a train or had a toy train when I was a kid because that's what "boys" got for Christmas, yet somehow I know these things and can't remember when I didn't know it.

May 26, 2011
kidlesskim
reaperess

I am honestly surprised. I mean, I knew that things were bad, but that dialogue that you posted sounds like the utterances of elementary aged kids in a "special needs" class. Train tracks "rolling" into position, trains "aiming" at anything, it's just pitiful. I have no special "train knowledge" and have never even been a passenger on a train or had a toy train when I was a kid because that's what "boys" got for Christmas, yet somehow I know these things and can't remember when I didn't know it.

i'm not surprised. if it's not on some standardized test, it ain't taught. period. and parents these days would rather buy their kids a load of technological "shut the fuck up while i play farmville" gadgets than to explain even the basics of self preservation (look before crossing the damn tracks).
May 26, 2011
And why shouldn't the future cancer curers take this literally? Trains are EVIL.

Dethklok - Murdertrain a Comin'

Here comes the soul collecting
train of murder a-comin'
It longs to take your putrid
blackened soul away from you

Your face will leave your rotting
head, in the early morning
Your guts will leave your
corpse, your spine will break
and crack in two

It cannot be stopped
The train is fueled by chopped bodies
Filled with sorrow
There is no tomorrow

Ticket is your life
Ended by a knife
Called the murder train
Eternity of pain

Oh yeah, you know what I'm talking about

There is no escape but death
Your life is just
A murder train a-comin
May 26, 2011
The album version of that song cracks me up:

Mashed Potato Johnson: I've been listening to your playing, Skwisgaar.
Skwisgaar: Yeah?
MPJ: And I think you might have forgotten a couple of lessons about them blues.
Skwisgaar: Sos, who cares?

blondie
And why shouldn't the future cancer curers take this literally? Trains are EVIL.

train of murder a-comin'

and crack in two

It cannot be stopped
Filled with sorrow
There is no tomorrow

Ticket is your life
Ended by a knife
Called the murder train
Eternity of pain

Your life is just
A murder train a-comin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
May 26, 2011
blondie

train of murder a-comin'

and crack in two

It cannot be stopped
Filled with sorrow
There is no tomorrow

Ticket is your life
Ended by a knife
Called the murder train
Eternity of pain

Your life is just
A murder train a-comin

MST3K....far side...now dethklok...now i know why i like hangin' around you all!
lenona
May 27, 2011
From George Carlin's book "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?":

"This item demonstrates how stupid the average American is. Every ninety minutes someone in this country is hit by a train. A train, OK? Trains are on tracks; they can't come and get you. They can't surprise you when you step off the curb. You have to go to them. Got that?

"There are five thousand highway/rail-crossing accidents annually. To counter this problem, the Department of Transportation issued the following rules for people to follow at railroad crossings.

• Don't drive around lowered gates. "Okay, got it."

• Don't cross in front of a train. "Never thought of that."

• Don't walk on the tracks. "Check."

• Be aware that trains can't stop quickly. "Good to know."

• Always expect a train. "This one would probably be tied in to the fact that these are railroad tracks, is that right? Correct me if I'm wrong on this."

• Look for more than one train. "Frankly, this is one I never thought of. Maybe if I remember the others, this one will take care of itself."
May 27, 2011
lenona
From George Carlin's book "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?":

"This item demonstrates how stupid the average American is. Every ninety minutes someone in this country is hit by a train. A train, OK? Trains are on tracks; they can't come and get you. They can't surprise you when you step off the curb. You have to go to them. Got that?

"There are five thousand highway/rail-crossing accidents annually. To counter this problem, the Department of Transportation issued the following rules for people to follow at railroad crossings.

• Don't drive around lowered gates. "Okay, got it."

• Don't cross in front of a train. "Never thought of that."

• Don't walk on the tracks. "Check."

• Be aware that trains can't stop quickly. "Good to know."

• Always expect a train. "This one would probably be tied in to the fact that these are railroad tracks, is that right? Correct me if I'm wrong on this."

• Look for more than one train. "Frankly, this is one I never thought of. Maybe if I remember the others, this one will take care of itself."

waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login