Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridezillas & Babies

Posted by amethusos* 
Bridezillas & Babies
September 12, 2007
Annie's Mailbox had a bridelet who was considering rescheduling her out-of-state wedding due to her sister due to birth that Almighty Baby around the same time. The burning question was if the bitch needed to reimburse guests who spent money to book flights and to pay for lodging for the public announcement of the couple's legalized fucking and sharing the same living space. Annie said the woman was not required to reimburse anyone. Talk about the ultimate in self-centered behaviour as if weddings were not already about being so into self to get gifts since the couple bouncing the bed springs is now considered a "sacrament" by a church and a legal contract by the state. I highly doubt the people who paid to see this thing will view a baby's birth as more important.
Anonymous User
Re: Bridezillas & Babies
September 12, 2007
I hope that none of these guests end up going to the shindig and definitely don't end up sending this inconsiderated bitch a gift. What a slap in the face to those people who spent their hard earned money to find accomodations to the event. I would be so pissed off that I would probably not talk to anyone involved in fiasco. I hope Karma bites this bitch in the ass someday. What a way to start off a life with someone.
September 12, 2007
palominogrl_78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a way to start off a life with someone.

Yeah...the bitch also basically stated with this "I wanna change the wedding date because Sis is shitting out a baby" tells her husband-to-be that HE is less important than this kid. If the bint does change the date of the wedding, the man should just tell her to fuck off and leave her high & dry. No need to tie his life up with someone who puts him as #2 in her priority list.
September 12, 2007
Christ. If that fiancee was smart, he'd run like the very hounds of hell were chasing his ass. What a fucking nightmare! And a self-centered bitch to boot.
September 13, 2007
Ug, my inlaws to be are starting to make me nuts with this wedding thing, and I've said over and over "Don't do anything except wear clothes and show up". But NOOOOO...they say they're going to pay for the "rehersal dinner", which I wasn't even going to have, because I wasn't planning on a rehersal, because really...what is there to rehearse for a 20 minute ceremony in a building that only holds 90 people anyway? And since they've got it in their heads that they've got to pay for this non-existant rehearsal dinner, the female inlaws have decided it's appropriate to comment on MY wedding choices. I'd add here that I am paying for most of the (already cheap) wedding out of my own money, because I want it the way I want it, and I don't want anyone saying "well I gave you x amount of money, so you have to do this meaningless bullshit thing". While they've said they were going to give us a rather large monetary gift, I'm pretty much on the verge of just saying, "listen, if your "gift" comes with all this unwanted bullshit, I rather you just show up and have fun because I don't want anything else."

So here's the most recent comment...one of the sister in laws recently moved to what is now an 8 hour drive away, and has two kids...sooooo...
why on earth are we having our wedding in May in my hometown?

Gosh, I don't know maybe because it's the BEST FUCKING MONTH to do this bullshit. Because it's not a bazillion degrees. Because there aren't 18,000 other wedding parties trying to book space at the same time? but most importantly because if it wasn't in May, it would be in October or November, which are MY personal favorite months, and May was my compromise for everyone else who doesn't want to travel in the snow.
Anyway, there's only ONE child in school and she's fucking 6, so it's not like she's going to miss anything important by missing a day? And her mother CHOSE to move that far away and if she doesn't want to make the drive SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO?
MAYBE they should consider that if we didn't have the wedding none of them would get to see their ONLY SON and BROTHER get married, because I would have seriously just eloped in Vegas. I know my family would have traveled to that as well, but not his.

Sorry, I had to go all bridezilla on you all...but man, those inlaws are going to seriously have their minds blown if they're expecting anything NORMAL or TRADITIONALESQUE about this particular ceremony planned by an anti-materialistic faghag atheist raised by hippies. I can't wait for them to find out the person who does our ceremony is a gay Santeria priest..and my best friend who knows to keep any mentions of deities, obeyence or children out of it.
September 13, 2007
tell me about it, my mum is going a bit over board, she wants rowan to have this, to have that, she wanted to buy me a suit, i have one (2 parts, one bought from a charity shop).

i keep telling everyone and so does she. we dont want a fuss, we dont want a big thing, just me and her, and her dad and rowans friend.. in case the rules for witnesses have changed..

i dont want anyone else there, just us 4. because its not about them, the wrdding, its about you.

(btw my wedding will be on october 31st in just over a month).

so feh, the wedding isnt about them, its about you. your choice, your decision, those are the only things that matter. no presents, (apart from the aviodance of one person and her brood)..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
September 13, 2007
AAAH! Merc! I always wanted to get married on Halloween!!

Congrads!
September 13, 2007
Feh...you KNOW how I feel about weddings and marriage. All I can suggest is that you and your husband-to-be possibly elope to escape the family craziness. You do not need to get caught up in the Suburbia Attitude re: Weddings. Do what you want even if it makes everyone else PO'd. As Merc would say, "Sod them!!!" I'm a Santera, Feh. What a small world...
September 13, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AAAH! Merc! I always wanted to get married on
> Halloween!!
>
> Congrads!

If ya got to do it, that is the day!!!!
September 13, 2007
there will be an offical announcement on the boards nearer to the time.

at the moment we are NOT thinking about it, if we think we worry if we worry we get nerves, we get nerves we really worry.

so we are not discussing it apart from a few minor matters.. for our own sanity.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
September 13, 2007
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAH! My inlaws like me, but they don't KNOW me. They will soon though, oh yes, oh yes they will.

The only reason I'm doing a ceremony is for my grandparents, who I don't want to have to deal with the trauma of air travel to Vegas. I'm their oldest grandchild, and the only one to get married yet and I think they'd like to see that. The only reason I'm doing a reception is because I want to throw a kick ass dance party while I'm all dressed up.

I think it's a testament to my love for my betrothed that I'm not encouraging my friends to FREAK IT UP for the benefit of my redneck relatives and the small town in-laws. The redneck branch KNOWS me, and would just say "Ahhh, that's just what we expected from Feh. A fun, drunken party filled with drag queens and other assorted freaks." The in-laws? My SO is worried about freaking out his family, so I'm going to respect that to the best of my ability, and at the very least encourage my friends to tone it down a bit, since they won't get ANYTHING like the TRADITIONALESQUE weddings they're used to.

Anyway, there's no worries about me becoming anything close to suburban, I was raised to fear that lifestyle, and the more I learn, the more horrifying it is to me. It's my family Tradition, I have to keep it up, right?
September 13, 2007
Also, thanks for letting me rant on this. I actually feel much better AND stronger in my resolve to do things the way I want. Phew! I almost felt bad about being me for a minute.

Wow, Am. I've never met a female santera...though my friend knows many, obviously.
September 17, 2007
Just be yourself. That's all anyone can ask. And so long as one is a good person, there should not be a problem.

I'm also the "family oddball" - my family knows what kind of person I am, but just sees my "oddness" as an interesting piece of the family genetics.

Enjoy your wedding planning! smiling smiley
Anonymous User
September 18, 2007
Although...is this woman moving the wedding because if she doesn't, no one will come because they'll be busy visiting the crotchproduce? Or is she moving it because everyone in the family is bitching about "you can't have it when your sister is having her baybee!!!"

If I got married I'd want a small affair with a few people I care about and a party afterward. No big deal.

The boi is of the opinion that it's the height of rudeness to not invite every relative you have, even if you barely know them and you and they both know they don't want to be there. Apparently all of his relatives, even if he's not close to them, would be insanely offended if not invited to his wedding. (It was hard for me not to say "WHO GIVES A SHIT???"

'S okay though...if we ever got married, I bet he'd lose his "manners" really quick once he was looking at the COST of feeding all those people! Like hell my hard-earned money is going to entertain folks who don't give a shit about me and/or are just there for a free party.

Of course, there'd be another hugeass argument between us because I do NOT want alcohol at any wedding of mine...between my alcoholic relatives (not all of whom get along, like my dad and my mom's brothers) and his alcoholic frat-boy friends and cousins (not all of whom act like civilized people when intoxicated--like his friend who gets belligerant and shove-y with his wife, or his cousin who left him a REALLY NASTY and threatening voice mail because he didn't go to the afterparty after the reception of his other cousin), alcohol + party would be a REALLY BAD FUCKING IDEA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login