Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 2450: too many crotchdroppings

Posted by catmeow 
Entry 2450: too many crotchdroppings
September 14, 2007
I would love to see this policy here and see the bill the Duggars get for the fines!
Re: Entry 2450: too many crotchdroppings
September 14, 2007
And childfree people should get plenty of tax breaks for not contributing to the overpopulation and the depleting of resources, dammit!
Everybody, either the globe has a problem with overpopulation or it doesn't. Most of us here suspect that there is a problem. So we have on the one hand a country such as China taking active—and often heavy-handed—measures to restrict breeding, while countries such as the US allow a potentially unlimited number of exemptions to income tax for dependents, that is, chyldren. The American policy makes no sense when one considers what China is doing.

Breeding should either be a tax-neutral event, where you get no extra exemption for having a chyld, or the break should apply only to the first child. After a certain number of children, say when you hit No. 3, penalties should apply instead of tax exemptions.

I've brought this up before, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record—or a smudged CD for you younger folk—we are in grave peril from resource depletion (especially oil) and environmental destruction in the not-so-long term. The time to limit population to try to ameliorate these effects is now. Big breaks for breeders now make little sense.
September 15, 2007
we are beyond the capacity of the world to regenerate itself. only a massive extinction could we give the world chance again.

look at the world population, 6 billion plus, and over 1/3rd are starving. look at all the new diseases out, in any society whether its rats, or cockroaches or any animal, when population becomes too great they have more infertility, more diseases and wars to thin the herd out.

extend that to us, i am more into the vhemt, that the church of euthanasia. but this world is sick and we the humans are the disease. we kill the host, and we would move on if we could to grow and kill other worlds.

it would take a complete overhaul of society, before we can survive. but religions wont allow it, governments wont allow it, as it takes power from them.

i can see in a few years, humanity will be wiped out, due to our own stupidity.

at least we the childree arent creating more ecological imbalances. for creating a child you dont just create 1, you create their children and theirs and theirs. so us not having children, saves potentially millions of resources.. however, those who breed and breed and breed like the relgious duggars, take the things we have saved and uses them..

i find the childfree have more respect for nature for life.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
September 15, 2007
k-man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Breeding should either be a tax-neutral event,
> where you get no extra exemption for having a
> chyld, or the break should apply only to the first
> child. After a certain number of children, say
> when you hit No. 3, penalties should apply instead
> of tax exemptions.
-------------------------------------------------------

I always believed that any break should be for having one only. If you have two, you should be neutral. You should be penalized beginning with kid #3, with increasing penalties for each additional brat.

Yeah, under my plan, the Duggars would be more than broke!
nowhiggers
September 16, 2007
By the time the entire planet wakes the hell up to what the childfree already know, the disease and suffering is going to be on such a grand scale that everything we have tried to tell people NOW, will be for naught then. :shudder: I'm just glad that I probably won't be here for this monumental collapse of the environment and also glad I didn't bring another human into the world to struggle either.
I agree with you, nowhiggers. My reason to breed is not just because I don't want to be a parent. I also don't want to contribute to the destruction of the planet by overpopulation OR make some poor kid suffer in the cesspool that Homo sapiens have created on Earth through their unbridled proliferation.

Hmmmmm

Prolife.
Proliferation.
Interesting.
Duh! I meant, "my reason NOT to breed" (but you probably figured that out...)
September 17, 2007
I agree, the more loaves you have, the more taxes you pay and they should go up exponentially with each loaf shat out. I'm tired of paying for people's kids by way of schools, welfare, etc.
Anonymous User
September 17, 2007
There are FAR too many people on the planet, we are completely fucking it up, killing other species, destroying the natural world and generally being vermin and yet people keep breeding because they are either too selfish or too thick to realise that they and their brats are the worst thing that can happen to the environment and they probably don't give a shit anyway.

I never wanted kids because they are horrible, a bind and a prison sentence and because the world is already overpopulated.

I think the politicians and environmental groups are too cowardly to address the problem of human overpopulation. If we don't do something by passively reducing the population then nature will and it won't be pretty.
CFinPDX
September 17, 2007
Good points all.

I will disagree with one aspect though. I don't believe that people should get tax breaks for even one kid. The fact is that people who have kids use more public resources and they should have to pay the most for them, not the rest of us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login