Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
The "I got bin go-ed" thread
June 22, 2011
Share your bingo-ed stories.

Apparently, I don't even have to be present to be bingo-ed. Yesterday, my boyfriend told me about a conversation he'd had with an employee of a video game store. He'd gone in to return Duke Nukem Forever, on account of it being a crappy game. He must have used his store card, because the woman noticed that his birthday was coming up, and asked him what he was doing for it. He answered her that he'd be taking his girlfriend (me, of course) to the hospital.

Drawing her own conclusions, the woman asked if I was having a baby. My boyfriend answered that the truth was just the opposite, he was taking me to be sterilized. Right about at this point, as my boyfriend first told me about this story, I really wished I'd been present for the conversation. I also feel that I should point out that I don't know this woman and she doesn't know me.

The woman was scandalized when, after asking, she was told that I was 22 and had no kids. Her reaction was accusing my boyfriend of making me do this. Of course, he's making me get sterilized. Because he can totally do that, right? I've seen this crap before. It's a common cliché for anti-choice misogynists (but I repeat myself) to insist that men make their girlfriends wives get abortions. I mean, that has to be the case since women aren't capable of independent thought, right?

My boyfriend pointed out the obvious, that he has nothing to do with influencing my decision to be sterilized and that it's something I've wanted since before I'd even met him. Then the woman insisted that I'd regret it someday, and went on about how she didn't want kids and then went on to have four, blah, blah, blah. I've heard it all before. It seems that I wasn't the only one. I wasn't present, but I'm sure by boyfriend was trying to be polite, as that's his nature. Another employee saw no need to be subtle, telling his co-worker to stop trying to make everyone have kids.

His business done, my boyfriend turned to leave. The woman, however, wasn't quite finished. "Good luck with the sterilization!" she yelled across the store, eliciting a WTF response from bystanders who weren't in on the conversation.
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
June 22, 2011
I'm too old to get bingoed. Interestingly, when people ask me if I have kids and I say no, they say things like "good for you!" or "you didn't miss out on anything." I haven't been bingoed about having kids in YEARS. Thank the gods.
Anonymous User
June 22, 2011
I'm 23, and female, and people are always really shocked that I do not want to have kids. Most people just assume that all women have some innate urge to birth something, which is extremely far from the truth.I would love it if one day us CF ladies could not be subject to these reactions and ridiculous assumptions from people.
I also hate it when people say things like "becoming a mom is one of the best things that can happen in a woman's life", and that having kids makes a woman more complete- total BULLSHIT!
June 22, 2011
How many of you have gotten the almost-kind-of-a-compliment bingo of, "You two are actually the kind of people who should be having kids!" Or, "That's a shame, you'd be such great parents!"

Usually these come from well-meaning casual friends, so I try to answer kindly. Better friends know why we don't, and would never ask, and people who know us less don't know our situation.

-------------------------
"They will say that you are on the wrong road, if it is your own." ~Antonio Porchia
June 22, 2011
Just a word of unsolicited advice from a 48 year old fellow childfree who has just about seen and heard it all regarding these rude and intrusive questions. Your boyfriend volunteered too much information and left himself wide open for a bingo fest. We are not obligated to discuss or defend our own reproductive choices and the less said, the better. IMHO. Something as personal as whether someone wants kids and what measures they take to avoid having them is NO ONE'S business.angrily flogging with a whip

As for bingos, I still get them. Even at my age I get a few here and there, but this is because of all of these STUPID moo-cunts who are dropping loaves like a winning slot machine does quarters in their 50's via IVF, borrowed wombs, and otherwise tampering with nature. That, and I don't look as old as I am. When anyone is aware of my age for whatever reason, often times I get, "So, how many grand baybees do you have?"eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 22, 2011
nullipar-tay
How many of you have gotten the almost-kind-of-a-compliment bingo of, "You two are actually the kind of people who should be having kids!" Or, "That's a shame, you'd be such great parents!"

Mr. Tiquer and I have gotten both.
Interestingly, we've also gotten many comments along the lines of "you aren't missing a thing!" and "I wish I never had them!" from other people--usually the ones who have a 30 year old man-child living in their basement, refusing to either work or pay child support.
June 22, 2011
My DW is 8 years older than me. The worse one I got was from some asshole biddy who told me I should divorce my wife and "marry some young chickie and have some babies."

The subsequent asschewing was not pretty. :mad2

kidlesskim
Just a word of unsolicited advice from a 48 year old fellow childfree who has just about seen and heard it all regarding these rude and intrusive questions. Your boyfriend volunteered too much information and left himself wide open for a bingo fest. We are not obligated to discuss or defend our own reproductive choices and the less said, the better. IMHO. Something as personal as whether someone wants kids and what measures they take to avoid having them is NO ONE'S business.

Yeah, my boyfriend doesn't quite get that yet. See, as a young guy, he's not really used to people openly challenging his decision not to have kids (not that it doesn't happen to guys, I'm just saying that apart from the casual suggestions of his mother, no one has really bothered him about it before.) It probably didn't even occur to him that it was something that was going to cause a stir. But since the conversation about a young woman getting fixed, one who wasn't even present, things quickly went south, much to his shock.

Since I wasn't around myself, he was regarded much like a proxy for a young woman whom the clerk didn't even know, and received all the bingos that young childfree women are more prone to face. I think it was a bit of a reality check for him, stepping into my shoes for a minute.

I don't think he did wrong, I'm certainly not ashamed of my upcoming tubal and I don't care who knows it. I'm just annoyed that that woman said those things, just as I would be if they'd be directed at me (and in a way, they were,) and I'm amused at my BF being so shocked to see how different the world looks to a CF person who happens to be female.
Anonymous User
June 22, 2011
I feel your pain julie, but I kinda-sorta agree with kidlessk. But if I were your man (what with that parting "I'm jealous and bitter" retort) I would've said:

"Okay, let's see the road map on your beer gut and bubble ass!"

Moo-cow is stunned and your (rightly) pissed BF throws up her shirt exposing her pain/blubber to the world.

"N-n-n-n-nope! Not gettin' it up any time soon!" :yeah
YoungCFergrl
June 22, 2011
I've been bingoed by my brother!! :mad: he called me selfish for not wanting kids! Last time I checked, the entitlemoos (love that!!) are the truly selfish ones here! Not me!!
June 23, 2011
Snark Shark
truth!

as a guy, I can certainly say I haven't been exposed to NEARLY the amount of KYD related questions gals have to endure. also, when asked why I don't want kids, I simply say I DON'T LIKE THEM, and that ends the topic. you'd TRULY have to be over the top NUTZO to tell someone who DESN'T LIKE KIDS to HAVETHEM ANYWAY.

Oh, I've gotten that. It works like this:

woman
I don't like kids.

what sexist man hears
I don't like kids.

Because, you know, all women do.

sexist man
You should have kids.
June 23, 2011
I posted something on Fakebook about how having kids would be stupid and boring, and my friend bingo'd me with 1) "smart people like you should be having kids" and 2) "you don't want to let the species die out."

1) Smart people like me are smart enough not to have any because we know it means the throwing away our lives etc. in exchange for a living death,

2) Yes I DO want to let it die out, fuck humanity.

I got a few other bingoes in there too and eventually just concluded with "you all can shit your loaves I guess, *I* will be sleeping in late and enjoying all that cash I'm not throwing away." :yeah
June 23, 2011
marco polo
I posted something on Fakebook about how having kids would be stupid and boring, and my friend bingo'd me with 1) "smart people like you should be having kids" and 2) "you don't want to let the species die out."

1) Smart people like me are smart enough not to have any because we know it means the throwing away our lives etc. in exchange for a living death,

2) Yes I DO want to let it die out, fuck humanity.

I got a few other bingoes in there too and eventually just concluded with "you all can shit your loaves I guess, *I* will be sleeping in late and enjoying all that cash I'm not throwing away." :yeah

The only danger of #2 happening comes from our inability to limit our breeding to sustainable levels, and our polluting, wasteful, destructive ways (exacerbated by our sheer numbers). The human race is more likely to survive if more of us opt out of having children.

Which does not mean that I'm going to suggest that you should breed, if our extinction is your ultimate goal winking smiley
June 23, 2011
Snark Shark
[
truth!

as a guy, I can certainly say I haven't been exposed to NEARLY the amount of KYD related questions gals have to endure. also, when asked why I don't want kids, I simply say I DON'T LIKE THEM, and that ends the topic. you'd TRULY have to be over the top NUTZO to tell someone who DESN'T LIKE KIDS to HAVETHEM ANYWAY.

Sexism can be so bizarre.

Men are supposed to be obsessed with sex and have a phobia of any kind of serious relationship and especially of commitment.
And women aren't supposed to like sex, although we're supposed to swoon over men, and our only thoughts are supposed to be breeding.

Seriously fuck gender stereotypes.
June 23, 2011
Co-irker: How old are you?

Me: 27

Co-irker: So not a young-un anymore. When are you and your boyfriend taking the next step? K firstly I object to being asked my age. Secondly, the cheeky bastard in question is at least 7 years old as me and doesn't look half as good. Thirdly, how fucking insulting is it to call me old? At twenty fucking seven no less? Thanks for making me feel like a grandma (already sensitive about my age because I haven't achieved what I'd like to have achieved at my age

Me: Oh lets see. How about next No-NEVER.

Co-irker: How does your boyfriend feel about that?

Me: He's fucking thrilled. Not sarcasm even if it sounds like it.

Blah blah blah

Co-irker: Well when you're too old in ten years time you'll regret it.

Yep. I'm sure I'll regret a quiet and clean home and having plenty money. I went on to say "you don't have kids". "Yeah because I'm waiting for the right woman". Good luck with that, asshole.
June 23, 2011
KitsNotKids
Co-irker: How old are you?

Me: 27

Co-irker: So not a young-un anymore. When are you and your boyfriend taking the next step? K firstly I object to being asked my age. Secondly, the cheeky bastard in question is at least 7 years old as me and doesn't look half as good. Thirdly, how fucking insulting is it to call me old? At twenty fucking seven no less? Thanks for making me feel like a grandma (already sensitive about my age because I haven't achieved what I'd like to have achieved at my age

Me: Oh lets see. How about next No-NEVER.

Co-irker: How does your boyfriend feel about that?

Me: He's fucking thrilled. Not sarcasm even if it sounds like it.

Blah blah blah

Co-irker: Well when you're too old in ten years time you'll regret it.

Yep. I'm sure I'll regret a quiet and clean home and having plenty money. I went on to say "you don't have kids". "Yeah because I'm waiting for the right woman". Good luck with that, asshole.

1. It's not appropriate to ask someone their age, unless necessary for a damned good reason.
2. 27 is NOT old.
3. Who says that there has to be a next step or what that next step would be? If someone asked me what the next step for me and my BF was, I'd say getting a townhouse suitable for the two of us plus the dog we plan to have.
4. That jerk certainly doesn't deserve an answer to any of those questions.
5. I'd like to think that there's no "right woman" out there for people like him, women with no goals or sense of self apart from breeding, but sadly that isn't true.
June 23, 2011
Yeah I was a bit pissed about the age thing. He's also a sleaze bag that doesn't help. One of these guys that's always finding an excuse to touch women...not in a dirty way just enough to stay off most people's "creep radar" by touching a shoulder or waist when he moves past you..

I actually at first assumed the "next step" was marriage at first. I'm not exactly "marriage-free" in the way I'm CF, if my OH really really wanted to marry me then I'd do it, but I can take or leave marriage really. Yeah my next step would be a home in the country, hopefully with a horse...but it's a ways off yet!

Yep, it's a shame he'll probably have a few mini-idiots running around in a few years!

Regarding your story, your boyfriend is uber polite. If someone shouted at me about a sterilisation in a shop, I think I'd hit the roof...then complain. For someone who works in customer service that's appalling behaviour...I wouldn't expect someone to behave like that towards me after six pints of beer in a bar!
Anonymous User
June 23, 2011
My MD bingo'd me today. There's a reason I look as though I'm in my 30's when I'm 44. Nor do I like noisy, illiterate people so why would I have one live with me full-time?

If someone didn't like dogs, would you advise her to get a Dalmatian?

Besides, what if my upcoming mammogram shows unpleasantness? What if I birth some horrid twitching, deformed thing? Too many risks to run, with no redeeming characteristics.
June 24, 2011
In a way they are right: we are smarter then they are and we'd probably have smarter kids than theirs..

But I ain't gonna prove them right, eh??

Save that they'd never get the point of it..

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 27, 2011
oh! how i love bingo! i love all of your responses!

1. "be fruitful and multiply" the bible said, said my christian friend
2. "don't be so selfish" from my best friend
3. "you'll change your mind, after all you are a woman, no matter how great your career is, a woman will always be the happiest when they settle down, raise a family as stay at home mother."
4. "i am the only child, who will continue my parents' family?" ---->this was a bingo i said to myself several years ago in junior high school

i thought my nice boyfriend would come with better response than
'you can still pursue your dreams; you can count on me helping half of the housework. we can always drop the child into my parents' house, they'll love it so much since they will have much free time in their retirement age'

well then why don't your parents have another child of their own?
June 27, 2011
@snark shark :
so you are an only child too? smile rolling left rightsmile

i am an only child and i'm going to be extinct! ha!

spread meme, not genes

to my uterus: Y U NO GET THE FUCK OUT FROM MY BODY?
June 29, 2011
3. "you'll change your mind, after all you are a woman, no matter how great your career is, a woman will always be the happiest when they settle down, raise a family as stay at home mother."

I used to date a much older man who knocked me up (I believe on purpose) and I aborted because, well it's not important to the story. But we stayed friends after I broke it off with him. A few years later I met and married my husband, and I remained friendly with the guy and we'd talk on the phone on occasion.

I called him up one night to shoot the shit. DH and I were married about a year and DH was working in an office as a temp to perm for a construction firm. Friend then asked, "So when are you guys gonna have kids?" By that time I had discovered the world of CF and DH and I were 99% firm on him getting the snip. I told friend that we probably weren't doing the kid thing. He FREAKED THE FUCK OUT on me, then gave me the above-bolded bingo, that no matter what a woman says about wanting a career, what we all REALLY want is to stay at home and be with our babies."

I never talked to that friend again, but I did leave him a message on his phone the following evening, words to the effect that his premise was wrong, because DH just lost his job because the position he was in was for a moo on maternity leave who didn't want to stay at home and do TMIJITW, so they kicked out DH to give her a job.
annieapp
June 29, 2011
My dumbass brother tried to bingo me yesterday during a phone call. He started going off on my comment about "I like kids, but I like babysitting them and then taking them home." He ranted about people like me who won't have kids. I told him I made an intelligent choice, and this planet isn't in danger of being under populated.

I then found out his sleazy/skank/slut of a daughter was pregnant for the 3rd time (still no husband). Said brother and his wife are going to get custody of her first two kids to raise, 'cause slut daughter didn't want to bother raising her own kids (at one point after she shit out her second kid she ran away from HOME - yes this prize bimbo was shitting out kids and still living at home).

I tried not to laugh my ass off while he's regaling me with this complete trainwreck. He justified/rationalized that other parents he knows are in the same boat. Logic has never been his strong suit.

I merely told him to keep deluding himself, and I hope he won't be raising his great grandkids. (I'm sure he'll die from the stress before that.)

His wife and all the women in her family (and she trained her only daughter to be one as well), are nothing more than braindead baby factories. And I hope they all rot in hell. (Heck, they're already there, in the messes they've created.)

Karama's a bitch, and so am I.

AND INSANELY GLAD TO BE SO!!!!!!
Anonymous User
June 29, 2011
The bingo that annoys me the most (well, they all annoy me mightily so it might be hard to quantify that) is "but smart people aren't having enough kids!" Sigh. Yes, I do agree that Idiocracy is a documentary of the future but that doesn't mean I feel obligated to breed so as to stave off the inevitible genetic decline. And even if all the smart people did decide to be altruistic and breed, we're smart, so we'd still be having smaller broods anyway. Because smart people don't have more kids than they can care for properly. Face it, we're going to be outbred by the mouth-breathing hordes anyway so why should I sacrifice my progeny to that future?
June 29, 2011
nomooingzone
The bingo that annoys me the most (well, they all annoy me mightily so it might be hard to quantify that) is "but smart people aren't having enough kids!" Sigh. Yes, I do agree that Idiocracy is a documentary of the future but that doesn't mean I feel obligated to breed so as to stave off the inevitible genetic decline. And even if all the smart people did decide to be altruistic and breed, we're smart, so we'd still be having smaller broods anyway. Because smart people don't have more kids than they can care for properly. Face it, we're going to be outbred by the mouth-breathing hordes anyway so why should I sacrifice my progeny to that future?

And I'm not sentencing someone to have to live in that dystopia hence the altruistic choice to not have children.

Click here to login