Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
November 03, 2011
For us folks over 50 the time has to be taken into consideration. 35 years ago there was still a 'stigma' about living together so that's is another reason we married. Anyhow, it's worked this long. If it ain't broke... you know. LOL Really though, even though I was a 'fence sitter' for a year or so, having kids was not the reason we got married at all. It seems like it was a little side thought that we had for one moment in time... and then came to our senses.
amy NIL
November 03, 2011
WTF?! If you're marriage free,good for you,but don't make ass-humptions about the rest of us.

My husband and I got married because we wanted to be together always and make it official.Yep-it was that simple.There was also another very good,non lifescripty reason.The quickest way for us to both legally be able to permanently live in the same country without lots and lots of bullshit was to get married.
Anonymous User
November 04, 2011
lol, you mad..?
Good!
I'll gladly take heat for pointing out the irrelevance of an outdated and irrational institution that also happens to be intimately linked to another personal pet peeve of mine: organized religion. Which not only offers fodder for every nut job from here to the remotest dusty spot in the Sahara but is also an open and avid supporter of indiscriminate, unreasonable breeding and rat like multiplication of our precious species.
If you're in love with that special someone? That's fantastic! My joy for you knows no bounds.
So don't hate me for pointing out the silliness of getting the government, of all people, involved in your love life and cuffing yourselves to the proverbial radiator till death do you part or whatever the fuck the trend is these days, just because you finally encountered someone who would screw you twice.
I get it. The insurance thing and the tax breaks and living together etc? Getting the families to bond? I suppose that might be a good enough reason...
But someone please explain the whole ceremony shit to me and how people can shill out the amounts of hard earned money just to validate a union that they KNOW doesn't require any kind of sanctioning, least all from the fuckwads of the powers that be and especially your local "house of god".
So you took on another mortgage to have that perfect ceremony and a nice shiny rock some unfortunate soul in Africa probably lost an arm over. Well don't you have much to be radiant about.
But maybe you get off on exposing your most intimate feelings to all your friends and family? Do you truly believe they get a kick out of it? Tell you what; if I'm going to be privy to your innermost feelings of attachment, I'd much rather just watch you fuck!
So this all just amounts to another case of bed made lie, if you're silly or blind enough for all of the above, then even I can see how someone might consider you silly enough to pinch loaves in the not to distant future as well. Hell, I might even bingo you myself just for the lulz.
And I am terribly sorry.
November 04, 2011
To each his own. That's what makes a world.
I do agree on the religeon aspect... as well as the over the top wedding crap.(mine was small and simple) I still don't think that marriage is outdated. I just think that some are better suited for it than others... just like some are better suited to be parents than others. I am glad to be married because my family is gone and so is his. (except for some relitives we don't want to think about) so we have eachother. End of my part of the discussion.
November 04, 2011
Different strokes for different folks.

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
Anonymous User
November 05, 2011
entheogen
But someone please explain the whole ceremony shit to me and how people can shill out the amounts of hard earned money just to validate a union that they KNOW doesn't require any kind of sanctioning, least all from the fuckwads of the powers that be and especially your local "house of god".
So you took on another mortgage to have that perfect ceremony and a nice shiny rock some unfortunate soul in Africa probably lost an arm over. Well don't you have much to be radiant about.
But maybe you get off on exposing your most intimate feelings to all your friends and family? Do you truly believe they get a kick out of it? Tell you what; if I'm going to be privy to your innermost feelings of attachment, I'd much rather just watch you fuck!

If you oppose the ceremony and the religion why the fuck didn't you say that? I don't want either in my life....EVER! We are going to the courthouse for the LEGAL DOCUMENT signed by the JUDGE with a 15 minute ceremony AS REQUIRED BY LAW and then going to dinner. No God/dess/Jesus/FSM/Invisible Pink Unicorn.

Don't shit all over everyone who wants to get married because of how most people get married without asking first. I don't think any of us want to go the traditional route or like religion all that much...I'd think that someone who has been around for a year would know that by now.
Anonymous User
November 05, 2011
entheogen
lol, you mad..?
Good!
I'll gladly take heat for pointing out the irrelevance of an outdated and irrational institution that also happens to be intimately linked to another personal pet peeve of mine: organized religion. Which not only offers fodder for every nut job from here to the remotest dusty spot in the Sahara but is also an open and avid supporter of indiscriminate, unreasonable breeding and rat like multiplication of our precious species.
If you're in love with that special someone? That's fantastic! My joy for you knows no bounds.
So don't hate me for pointing out the silliness of getting the government, of all people, involved in your love life and cuffing yourselves to the proverbial radiator till death do you part or whatever the fuck the trend is these days, just because you finally encountered someone who would screw you twice.
I get it. The insurance thing and the tax breaks and living together etc? Getting the families to bond? I suppose that might be a good enough reason...
So this all just amounts to another case of bed made lie, if you're silly or blind enough for all of the above, then even I can see how someone might consider you silly enough to pinch loaves in the not to distant future as well. Hell, I might even bingo you myself just for the lulz.
And I am terribly sorry.

Yep, everyone who's married is EXACTLY like that. You're some kind of genius who can see into people's souls.
I shall immediately request a divorce, so that I can be as delightful and satisfied as you. thumbs upwink

Or

You're a knob that sees people as cardboard cutout caricatures, with stereotypical ideas and motivations, which saves you a great deal of the effort of understanding people as individuals. :drool
amy NLI
November 05, 2011
Enthoegen,why would any of us be mad? You are entitled to your opinion.You sound like you're the mad one,and you also are as ranty as a charging moo hoping to irritate others because misery loves company,but,hey,whatever gets you through another day,I guess. winking smiley
Anonymous User
November 05, 2011
*shrug* Courthouse and a few weeks later with a few kegs and damned good food for dirt cheap. We wanted to be hitched, we just don't want crotch droplings. I see no reason to demonize us for our choice. I'm also over 30 and married a younger guy so yeah, sooo wasn't following the "life script". We're happy with our decision, that's all that matters.
Anonymous User
November 07, 2011
thecorpseflinger
*shrug* Courthouse and a few weeks later with a few kegs and damned good food for dirt cheap. We wanted to be hitched, we just don't want crotch droplings. I see no reason to demonize us for our choice. I'm also over 30 and married a younger guy so yeah, sooo wasn't following the "life script". We're happy with our decision, that's all that matters.

It's funny how people who vocally reject the lifescript still can't help buying into it.
The actual rules say you have to turn up to the register office/courthouse, verbally agree to the arrangement, sign a document and leave. Absolutely everything else is entirely up to the preferences of the individuals involved.

I'v got no idea why the entheogen has their knickers in such a twist about it, unless someone's holding a gun to their head and forcing them to marry against their will. Does that sort of thing still happen?
November 07, 2011
Or someone could be in the midst of a nasty divorce......
Anonymous User
November 08, 2011
I'm a nurse and I've been bingoed more times than I can count, mostly by my co-workers. I've pretty much heard it all... "How come you don't want kids?" "What if you find the man of your dreams and he wants kids?" "Who's gonna take care of you when you get too old?" "How can you be so selfish!" "But you're so young, what if you change your mind" The list goes on and I'm sure the rest of you have also heard it all and could probably write a book on it.
The worst bingo, however, was back on 4/22/11 when I went into the hospital for my tubal; I just turned 29 and I feel very lucky to find a doctor who would do it and not just dismiss and try to push an IUD on me. I got bingoed by just about every nurse I dealt with from the preop prep stage to when I was in the PACU(recovery room). I didn't react badly at the time because I was so doped up but looking back I'm a little more than a bit miffed about what I felt was a lack of professional behavior. It doesn't matter why I was in surgery, just do your job and keep your questions to those needed to complete an assessment. I think the most professional staff I dealt with while I was there was the guy from anesthesiology who put my IV in and the doctor who did the surgery.
November 09, 2011
hotlipsliz
I'm a nurse and I've been bingoed more times than I can count, mostly by my co-workers. I've pretty much heard it all... "How come you don't want kids?" "What if you find the man of your dreams and he wants kids?" "Who's gonna take care of you when you get too old?" "How can you be so selfish!" "But you're so young, what if you change your mind" The list goes on and I'm sure the rest of you have also heard it all and could probably write a book on it.
The worst bingo, however, was back on 4/22/11 when I went into the hospital for my tubal; I just turned 29 and I feel very lucky to find a doctor who would do it and not just dismiss and try to push an IUD on me. I got bingoed by just about every nurse I dealt with from the preop prep stage to when I was in the PACU(recovery room). I didn't react badly at the time because I was so doped up but looking back I'm a little more than a bit miffed about what I felt was a lack of professional behavior. It doesn't matter why I was in surgery, just do your job and keep your questions to those needed to complete an assessment. I think the most professional staff I dealt with while I was there was the guy from anesthesiology who put my IV in and the doctor who did the surgery.

Ah, that sucks. I got my tubal this year too (at 22.) I didn't get really harassed by anyone, except after the sedation was started some nurse who I'd never seen before wandered over, looking at my chart. She confirmed my name and social and then what I was here for. ( I did't know why, as obviously it had already been done before the start of sedation.) After we confirmed that I was here for a tubal ligation, she said "you know that means you can never have kids, right?" I laughed in her face, because, really, how else can I respond to that? That was the end of that conversation.

Then I made some remark about the sedation burning my arm and then passed right out.
November 09, 2011
Being as young as I am, all I ever get is an EXTREMELY condescending "you'll change your mind".
Always.
Not even a "might" inserted.
Just the same very sure of themselves, pretentious and obnoxious bingo whenever I offer my opinion.
I can argue and threaten to beat it into their thick skulls and they still don't fucking listen.
Even my dad pulled out a bingo on me.
First time I heard it from a parent.
After that, I've been pretty cold towards my dad.
He chose to be an asshole and I chose to say fuck you right back.
I'm not looking forward to hearing anymore.
Because this one bingo is ridiculous enough as it is.
I've mainly stopped trying and just walk away thinking of how wrong they'll be in 10 years when they're miserable parunts and I'm happy living my life.

— George Carlin
November 09, 2011
I was actually bingo-ed the other night, but to his credit he sort of corrected himself. Most people I know are aware that I am CF, but this I hadn't seen this one friend in a while because we aren't that close. When I was telling him how I never, ever want to have kids, he said, "Won't you change your mind one day?" I said, "Nope. As a matter of fact, I will be discussing a tubal ligation with my doctor sometime next year." And he actually said, "Wow. I guess you really are serious about it then." At least he didn't try to change my mind or anything after that.
Anonymous User
November 09, 2011
frenzy
Being as young as I am, all I ever get is an EXTREMELY condescending "you'll change your mind".
Always.
Not even a "might" inserted.
Just the same very sure of themselves, pretentious and obnoxious bingo whenever I offer my opinion.
I can argue and threaten to beat it into their thick skulls and they still don't fucking listen.
Even my dad pulled out a bingo on me.
First time I heard it from a parent.
After that, I've been pretty cold towards my dad.
He chose to be an asshole and I chose to say fuck you right back.
I'm not looking forward to hearing anymore.
Because this one bingo is ridiculous enough as it is.
I've mainly stopped trying and just walk away thinking of how wrong they'll be in 10 years when they're miserable parunts and I'm happy living my life.

I get the "you'll change your mind" bingo all the fucking time too. It just pisses me off. I get that bingo all the time from my mother. When I told her I would get an abortion should I ever get pregnant, I was told "don't be silly".

I have also been told by my one of my friends and my sister that "oh wouldn't it be funny if you end up having a kyd?"
My response: "Only if you enjoy child abuse."
November 09, 2011
zombie bitch
I have also been told by my one of my friends and my sister that "oh wouldn't it be funny if you end up having a kyd?"

Oh, I know right?
Or "you never know".
The passive aggressive bingo.
Hate it so much.
Then I respond: Yeah, like, you never know. Maybe your kyd will grow to be a serial rapist. c:

— George Carlin
Anonymous User
November 09, 2011
frenzy
zombie bitch

Oh, I know right?
Or "you never know".
The passive aggressive bingo.
Hate it so much.
Then I respond: Yeah, like, you never know. Maybe your kyd will grow to be a serial rapist. c:

Exactly. Not every child will find the cure for cancer.
Anonymous User
November 09, 2011
Guess I'm lucky because am almost 30 but look younger (all the ink and crazy hair helps too haha) and people often assume I'm a uni student, just out of school.

As such, I generally don't get asked when kids are on the cards.

Whenever it does, I'll say something really random like:

- But I'll shake it to death the first time it disobeys me, then be forced to eat it to hide the evidence. Do you reckon people really taste like pork? that's what I've heard. Where would the bacon-y bit be located on the baby?

- But I need minimum 2 hours chill time EVERY NIGHT to unwind. Tell me how I can do that with a kid. (they neverr can)

- Well, will you promise to take it if I get sick of it?

- If I have a kid, can I still smoke weed every day to chill out? At what age can the kid smoke with me so we can bond better?

- There's no way I'm gonna compromise THIS (gesture to body)

- The only person I want sucking my nipples is my boyfriend and Mila Kunis.
amy NLI
November 10, 2011
Nightshade,the good news is,if you are young looking,take care of yourself well, and are cf,you get to stay that way for a very...long...time. Soon,you will likely experience the incomparable joy no broodsow will ever know.

By this,I mean the joy I've so far experienced three times,of having some haggard,tired moo tell you "Oh,you'll change your mind.When you get to be my age,you''ll have a whole different perspective/priorities/etc."...only to discover that the silly cow is actually YOUNGER than you!grinning smiley

The greatest joy,though,is the look on their faces if you decide to TELL THEM :yeah
Anonymous User
November 10, 2011
amy NLI
Nightshade,the good news is,if you are young looking,take care of yourself well, and are cf,you get to stay that way for a very...long...time. Soon,you will likely experience the incomparable joy no broodsow will ever know.

By this,I mean the joy I've so far experienced three times,of having some haggard,tired moo tell you "Oh,you'll change your mind.When you get to be my age,you''ll have a whole different perspective/priorities/etc."...only to discover that the silly cow is actually YOUNGER than you!grinning smiley

The greatest joy,though,is the look on their faces if you decide to TELL THEM :yeah

Ha! That must be so satisfying. This hasn't happened yet, hope it will :biggrin2
November 10, 2011
nightshade
amy NLI

Ha! That must be so satisfying. This hasn't happened yet, hope it will :biggrin2

This has happened to me many times. (not so much in the past 5 years or so...but a lot in my 40's) However, there was that time several months ago where a woman asked if I was preggers because I was wearing a loose top. I'm 58!! LOL!
When I was 40 I had a hyst. My 40's was my BEST most active decade. I must have acted like I was in my 20's. (feeling so good after the hyst may have been part of it) I lost a lot of wieght and people who didn't know me well thought I was much younger than I was. That's when I got a lot of BINGOS where they'd ask "when are you and dh going to settle down and start that fambly?" LOL
Hey... I was more CF than ever with the 'parts' all gone and I would just laugh at them. But then... they'd start on the "Awww.. but... you could adopt" Oh geeze. Leave it alone people.
November 10, 2011
nightshade
But I'll shake it to death the first time it disobeys me, then be forced to eat it to hide the evidence. Do you reckon people really taste like pork? that's what I've heard. Where would the bacon-y bit be located on the baby?

waving hellolarious i hope i can use this response too.
years ago, there was a cannibalism case in my country done by a psychopath. he stole parts of freshly buried body, cooked the meat into a pan of beef stew, then give some of it to his unaware father. his father loved it very much. i guess what you have heard is true.

* p.s. to frenzy and other CF people in their teenage, let's wait 20-25 years later to experience what starlady has experienced smug epic win to starlady and amy NLI!
looking young as long as possible is one of my obsession. staying out of having kids is one of the most natural way to look young as long as possible.

yesterday, for the first time ever in my life, i admit my childfreedom to people who literally don't bingo me.
"you don't want kids EVER? wow, you are so cool!"
Anonymous User
November 11, 2011
nightshade

- If I have a kid, can I still smoke weed every day to chill out? At what age can the kid smoke with me so we can bond better?

May I please steal this ^^? waving hellolarious
November 11, 2011
* p.s. to frenzy and other CF people in their teenage, let's wait 20-25 years later to experience what starlady has experienced epic win to starlady

^^^
Thank ya! I always hated looking younger when I WAS younger... but now it's fun. Not only do I look a bit younger than I am ... but, compared to my friends who are between 55 and 65, I run circles around them. More energy and the ability to still sprint across the room. LOL Yes ladies... take care of yourselves and don't pop loaves and you too could be getting asked if you are inpig well into your 50's LOL!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login