Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
March 24, 2015
I'm pretty sure I won't live forever even if I do spawn. Like the joke about eating healthy food, it probably just feels like forever when you have small children pestering you.

If it was somehow a comfort to me to think of my genes persisting after I'm gone, I can either think of how I share the majority of those genes with the rest of the human race, with apes, and so on. Or I can take the long view: life on earth comes with an expiry date because of the sun (if we don't manage to kill things off first), by which time any descendents of those who are alive today will have evolved into something far different from the humans we know today...and I guarantee they won't know your name. You'd have a better chance of being remembered by being Shakespeare or Ramses, but then I give it a few thousand years. Suppose we did manage to infest other planets...well, the universe is probably not going to persist forever...

Such shoddy thinking these breeders engage in.
April 10, 2015
I don't know if this counts as a bingo. I registered myself for a first-aid course as i think it's very important to know basic stuff in case of emergency.

At the beginning of the course, the instructor encouraged us to discuss with one another and say why we need the course and how useful it would be. Out of 15 people only me and two other people said that they need it at work. The rest were SHAMS who needed it for their kids. That's not the problem, doesn't matter what you do, first aid techniques are always useful BUT...

one of the women had the guts to ask me if i had children. I said no. She continues...then why do you need this course for? After i just told her i work in customer service. *insert a huge facepalm here*
April 10, 2015
Yep, that could count as a bingo.. but it's more like a breeder brain showing how slucing a loaf has made her RUDE.... as well as one who thinks it's only important that we only saaaave the chylllldrun. Maybe one day she'll come into your customer service area with her sprogs and when little Snotley or Travestly falls and hurts itself... YOU may be the one who comes to the rescue. Breeders don't think any farther than the confines of their moo vans.
April 10, 2015
That comment from the first aid class breeder really burned me.

Some breeders are so self-centered that the 99.99999% of the population that is not their own kids are not worth making an effort to save in an emergency.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2015
I've always been bingo-ed sadly ; I been told that I was a "sickening wicked woman" and a "selfish whore" by boys back at high school, my church pastor, and my mother's uptight religious-fanatic brother with his wife. My reaction I would give them starts of: "Um, hello people...Aren't ya'll forgetting that I'm a living human being just like everyone else? Life isn't all about popping out kyds and shove them into people's faces to expect worship!"
Us women are more than just walking-talking sex toys and baby-factories, we're humans and have our own decisions in life.:cen
"Children are a woman's greatest accomplishment!"- Because the Earth(which is beyond over-populated) needs more baybeeees to suck the supplies dry, and so that more morons could worship the sprog like the Messiah, while frowning upon us CF women for not wanting to popping out 900 unwanted loaves everyday.

Yet we've got all of these wonderful women who are activists, inventors, author, etc. that made an impact in the world and are just as successful as other women with children:

Helen Keller– Blind and deaf author, political activist, and lecturer
Rosa Parks-Civil Right's activist
Joan of Arc – Roman Catholic saint
Mother Teresa-Nun
Temple Grandin -Doctor of animal science and author
Margaret Bourke-White
Sonia Sotomayor- Supreme Court Justice
Gloria Steinem-Second-wave feminist/ women's right activist
Susan B. Anthony – Civil rights leader and campaigner for women’s suffrage
Angela Davis – Political activist and author
Gertrude Belle Elion – Biochemist and pharmacologist who played a key role in developing the AIDS drug AZT. Nobel Prize winner. First woman to be inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
Alice Paul and Lucy Burns – Suffragists who helped the passage of the Nineteenth Amendment to the US Constitution in 1920
etc....
April 12, 2015
I think we have a thread somewhere where we listed CF people of renoun. Of course there's a difference between childless and CF, and it's very hard to know the intentions of people who never spoke about that part of their lives. But you're making a different point, that women can accomplish something without reproducing.

karmenthekarma99
Mother Teresa-Nun

Yeah, not so keen on that one. A lot has come out about how she imposed her views on suffering on people, but sought a completely different standard of medical care for herself.

Perhaps you'd like to add Emmy Noether -mathematician

I also don't see Queen Elizabeth I, although she can of course be said to be born into her position.

karmenthekarma99
Margaret Bourke-White

I think you wanted to write this as 'Margaret Bourke-White -photographer'. If that's not a typo, saying 'wtf'
April 15, 2015
My friend came to visit me at my part time work the other day with her kids - 10 year old stepson and her 9 month old baby. Now, I'm not normally a baybee fan, but I do like my friend's - she's a pretty happy, calm kid, probably because her parents are actually sane/PNB. So I'd picked her up and was having a cuddle with her and she was giggling at me and stuff, like she usually does, and me and my friend were joking about how she always laughs at Auntie Yummy, for some reason, this kid thinks I'm hilarious. Better that than screaming.

My friend is totally cool with me being CF, never bingoes, has always respected my stance, and in return I'm cool with her kids, and even babysit a bit (she is one of only two parent friends whose kids I will ever mind on my own). However, when I was holding her baby, I had at least THREE fucking work colleagues come up to me and be like "ohh, you look so broody" "so when are you going to have one?" and "aww, you're going to be such a great mum!"

I know holding a baby in public kinda opens you up to this stuff, but my colleagues KNOW I am CF, it's no secret at work. We run some activities for preschool kids on site, but I've made it clear that's not my thing and I don't want to be involved with the famblee side of things, although I help out when we do the adult workshops. I have been in trouble for ordering a moo out of my office when she tried to change a nappy on one of the desks, so it is known that I am not child friendly. Yet as soon as you hold a kid, or do anything with a kid, people assume that all of a sudden, you're fucking broody!

It goes back to this whole thing of breeders not being able to comprehend others (particularly women) being able to interact and even like certain children, but not be in the slightest bit interested in being a parent. In their minds, the CF all hate kyds, therefore anyone who is nice to a kid must be a potential breeder.
April 15, 2015
yummynotmummy
It goes back to this whole thing of breeders not being able to comprehend others (particularly women) being able to interact and even like certain children, but not be in the slightest bit interested in being a parent. In their minds, the CF all hate kyds, therefore anyone who is nice to a kid must be a potential breeder.

I do pretty much hate kids, and that has still happened to me...usually when I've been too nice to tell a new mother, "No, I don't want to hold your sprog" and they shove it into my arms-- take it or drop it, you know the drill. It hasn't happened in awhile, but I've already decided I'm not going to be "too nice" again. Having a stinky, leaky brat foisted on me annoys the hell out of me. angry smiley
April 15, 2015
kittehpeoples
yummynotmummy

I do pretty much hate kids, and that has still happened to me...usually when I've been too nice to tell a new mother, "No, I don't want to hold your sprog" and they shove it into my arms-- take it or drop it, you know the drill. It hasn't happened in awhile, but I've already decided I'm not going to be "too nice" again. Having a stinky, leaky brat foisted on me annoys the hell out of me. angry smiley

They're hoping for a you break it you bought scenario. Drop the kid and you have to keep it...

ducking and running waving hellolarious

I feel sorry for you yummy, I've had *had* to hold a friends baby before in public, and the shit diaorreah drivel that spews from the nearby breeders mouths about it or me holding it, assuming its mine because I'm the only settled comfterble with myself looking adult in the group, must mean I've spewed a loaf, because otherwise I must just be some depressed fat chick who let herself go out of lonlieness or lack of child.

Just makes me wanna punch those dumb bitches in ythe face every time, and say no. This is also why I'm trying to get work in serving alchole, no fucken minors aloud to be at a bar.
April 16, 2015
Bingoed by I Phone apps!

Was on standby for a possible flight into Lake Mead NRA. Was messing with the I phone looking for work apps. I want a new time logger as the cool one I had quit working 2 updates ago.

Typed ambulance into search. Up pops games. Most of them were the usual EMs as street legal NASCAR games but then there was Ambulance, new born baby and moomy care smile rolling left righteyes2 :flaming

Bean sprites LLC won't be getting cash from me.

Of course all the moos are giving it 5 stars for the kyds. Meanwhile those of looking for real tools to use for real patients ranting

And hell what if we were looking for pediatric care apps or high risk delivery apps?

exile
I'm the only settled comfterble with myself looking adult in the group, must mean I've spewed a loaf

Funny how that happens. In my experience, it's the breeders who look uncomfortable and miserable, despite what they say about being a parent being the best experience of your life.

My friend has never foisted baby on to me either, which is one of the reasons I will happily hold her/play with her. If I feel backed into a corner by a moo (or a duh) then I will be like "Take that thing away". I also know that friend being a PNB would take the baby and do something about it if she started to cry or stink - she wouldn't expect a friend to deal with that.

Puppies that come up to me for love, however - no problem thumbs upup
April 16, 2015
yummynotmummy
exile
I'm the only settled comfterble with myself looking adult in the group, must mean I've spewed a loaf

Funny how that happens. In my experience, it's the breeders who look uncomfortable and miserable, despite what they say about being a parent being the best experience of your life.

Well actually that explains a lot, I look tired from getting up early for a day I won't enjoy, bored, and irritated by the situation, thinking about it now, no wonder moos think I'm the perant two faces puking
April 16, 2015
At my wedding... there was a friend of mine there who had a 2 yo with her (who's noises can be heard in the audio recording of the ceremony...grrrrr) and my new hubby and I were standing around talking and here comes my friend with her sprog and hoists it into my arms and says "I want a picture of you two with (sprogs name)"

Well, you are polite at your own wedding so.. we stood there... sproglette in arms... while moo snapped here pic. Looking back now I can remember the comments that were going on amongst the guests. "you're next", "You look so natchurl" "Wont' be long now"

Sheesh! When my wedding pics came back I saw that my photographer had also gotten a picture of me holding that kyd. Didn't aske her to she just took it because she said (when I picked up the pics) "I thought it was like a peek into the future" WTF???

I sent that proof to the kyd's moo. My mother gets upset and says "why did you do that?"

Well crap! Wasn't MY kyd. Get over it mother.
April 17, 2015
starlady
Sheesh! When my wedding pics came back I saw that my photographer had also gotten a picture of me holding that kyd. Didn't aske her to she just took it because she said (when I picked up the pics) "I thought it was like a peek into the future" WTF???

I sent that proof to the kyd's moo. My mother gets upset and says "why did you do that?"

Well crap! Wasn't MY kyd. Get over it mother.

I'd have done the same. And the bingo from the photographer! WTF....

This is why we are having a registry office job with just our best friends as witnesses. Those two people are the only ones in our social circle that know - well, OK, OH's best friend's wife knows, and she's pissed off she won't be at the ceremony with brat, but this is precisely the sort of situation I want to avoid. There will be NO famblee and NO sprogs.

As an aside, we are not fans of marriage, but it made more sense financially/legally when we own a place together, and it also helps things stay watertight if anything happened to either of us, because I know full well if anything happened to OH, his family would be clamouring for money for the sprog.

Wish I could invite the Bratfree members though!
April 17, 2015
yummynotmummy

Wish I could invite the Bratfree members though!

Webcast !!
Anonymous User
April 22, 2015
I actually got anti-bingoed the other day, off the person I would have least expected - my grandmother. She told me that she wouldn't want to raise kids in this day and age and thought I'd made the right choice. This comming from a woman with a picture of the Pope in her living room.
April 23, 2015
@ chicken: That's interesting that it is coming from such an old and conservative (!!!)
person. Btw. my mother told me the same. She also said that she was happy that she
was old. She would not want to be young in this day and age.
Anonymous User
April 26, 2015
ha ha yeah, my Gran is good at throwing curve balls! For conservative catholics my grandparents can be suprisingly progressive.
May 14, 2015
My future mother in law is well aware neither her son nor I want children and is apparently supportive. Earlier, she informed us that we'd need to get genetic testing in marriage for a hereditary condition that runs in the family.

Why? 'For when you have kids, of course!'
June 11, 2015
It's been forever since the last time I posted something in bratfree board. Hello everybody, please be nice.
Currently I'm struggling in grad school and descended into anxiety/depression thing. Sometimes when I was having existensial crisis, I bitched to some male friends in other department. They are pretty okay people, aside from occasional sexist remarks and bingo.
Upon hearing my rants about grad school woes, separatedly, both of the guys responded: 'hey, after this, you should get married to your boyfriend, and be a stay at home mother! You're a girl after all! Yay to easy life! Your husband pays everything for you!'.
Apparently, me saying 'ME DON'T WANT KIDZ BIG TIME' repeatedly always goes above their head. 'But... But... Old folks without kids are soooo lonely! No kids, no grandkids!'.
One of them even had the audacity to add, 'you are an only child! Your parents' house will be yours, their money will be yours, you don't have to work again'.
why so backward? Apparently aptitude in math and physics doesn't translate to forward thinking mode.

I never bitched to them anymore after that.

Why people assume that CF women only want to be CF because they want good careers? So when their career path gone sour, they would just go ahead and breed?
Even if I am desperate and feel stuck, I would never see having kids as a way out. It would be like throwing anchor to an already drowning person.
June 11, 2015
felisdomestica
It's been forever since the last time I posted something in bratfree board. Hello everybody, please be nice.
Currently I'm struggling in grad school and descended into anxiety/depression thing. Sometimes when I was having existensial crisis, I bitched to some male friends in other department. They are pretty okay people, aside from occasional sexist remarks and bingo.
Upon hearing my rants about grad school woes, separatedly, both of the guys responded: 'hey, after this, you should get married to your boyfriend, and be a stay at home mother! You're a girl after all! Yay to easy life! Your husband pays everything for you!'.
Apparently, me saying 'ME DON'T WANT KIDZ BIG TIME' repeatedly always goes above their head. 'But... But... Old folks without kids are soooo lonely! No kids, no grandkids!'.
One of them even had the audacity to add, 'you are an only child! Your parents' house will be yours, their money will be yours, you don't have to work again'.
why so backward? Apparently aptitude in math and physics doesn't translate to forward thinking mode.

I never bitched to them anymore after that.

Why people assume that CF women only want to be CF because they want good careers? So when their career path gone sour, they would just go ahead and breed?
Even if I am desperate and feel stuck, I would never see having kids as a way out. It would be like throwing anchor to an already drowning person.

They probably thought your depression/anxiety was from not having kids, as is normal for most females, they could also be douche bags that feel threatened to be around an intelligent woman, thinking if they push the subltely card enough times you'll take the hint and leave to breed.

When you don't leave to breed they'll likely push you more until you just want to leave and not be around them, good call stopping telling your woes to them, a close friend or us bratfree are good for what ales ya.
June 13, 2015
exile
thought your depression/anxiety was from not having kids, as is normal for most females, they could also be douche bags that feel threatened to be around an intelligent woman, thinking if they push the subltely card enough times you'll take the hint and leave to breed.

When you don't leave to breed they'll likely push you more until you just want to leave and not be around them, good call stopping telling your woes to them, a close friend or us bratfree are good for what ales ya.

Yes, they might be the type of men who feel threatened by independent women, but I don't think they are vicious enough to have breeding propaganda or anti women agenda XD I don't think they are capable to think that far, anyway. They genuinely think staying at home with a bunch of kids make women happy. Good intention, but misplaced, nonetheless.
June 14, 2015
Spent a few weeks in Takeo's hometown in the middle of nowhere. FiL died last year and MiL waited until May to have his wake/funeral due to weather. FiL was the only male of his generation to live to adulthood and as a result Takeo is now the Sole Living Male, last of his name. There's a county named for his family, seems like that's a bigger legacy than squeezing out a brat.

Everything I did or didn't do was a sign of inpigness. I'm heavily medicated from April to November due to allergies so I don't drink. Not drinking, must be inpig. I'm not a cold weather person so when it's cold (and holy fuck it was cold 34F/1C), I'm a bit sluggish. I hear MiL muttering to herself "lethargic, must be pregnant, good".

Bright side is Takeo said to his breeder family after hearing nephew's girlfriend go on about teen daughter and her problems in school that he was glad we would never have children and never have to deal with school bullshit. First time I ever heard him say anything vaguely CF ever.
June 14, 2015
God I hate it when breeders take any indication of the slightest change as being inpig. My old coworkers used to claim my acid reflux and inability to lose weight was a sign I was preggo, regardless of 4 years without a sexual partner, also my tablet auto corrects preggo to pretty :eh??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login