Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Anonymous User
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
June 30, 2011
I was talking to a coworker about how I was raised to be quiet so I can't stand hearing little kids screaming their heads off, but that I know they're going to do it. Dumbass asked me what I'm going to do if my kid is screaming their head off. Did I miss something? When did I have a kid? I'm pretty sure when I went to bed the night before I didn't have one. confused smiley
My grandmother is also concerned about my lack of a love life because she wants more great grandbrats. What the hell am I supposed to be a baby factory?
July 01, 2011
Months ago in the breakroom at work, somehow people got to talking about their kids and how many they had. Oddly enough, I think my new tattoo was the cause of this rabbit trail, though I forget how. Anyways, it was almost time for me to clock in so I decided to visit the restroom first, and one of the zone managers who is a very sweet lady, albeit family obsessed, asked me "So when are you going to have little ones?"

"Eh? Oh, I don't really think I ever will. I've given it a lot of thought for a long time and I've decided it's not going to be for me. Besides (and here lies my mistake), I'm not even with anybody right now."

"Oh, there's still time, you could change your mind. Besides, you don't need a MAN to have kids!"

OMG. People act like it's so abnormal to want the man INSTEAD of the baybees. I'd rather have someone at my own intellectual level to talk to, who has chosen to love me, rather than someone who loves me because it's natural and they basically have no other choice.
July 01, 2011
Shiny
I'd rather have someone at my own intellectual level to talk to, who has chosen to love me, rather than someone who loves me because it's natural and they basically have no other choice.

And/or hates your guts for taking away their ipod/nintendo/etc. or generally disciplining them in any way, shape, or form.
Anonymous User
July 01, 2011
I was told the "It's different when it's yours" crap by a coworker & what finally shut them up was when I told them I understand how someone could shake a baby. I really get it & I see it as a good way to fix the malfunction. I slap & shake my tv when it doesn't do what I want it to. She didn't like that or how I likened dogs' crates to being perfectly fine for baby.
July 04, 2011
Most of the ones I've gotten were online when I mentioned my CF status in passing, and they were all the classics...I'll change my mind, I'm too ugly to get laid, I must be a psycho for not wanting kids, you're immature and selfish, you must have had a bad childhood, and it's all worth it.

My favorite online bingo has to be that my vagina is too loose to make a man reach orgasm and impregnate me, so I'm bitter about it. That one was cute. And probably one of the only bingoes I've gotten in person (since I don't really make my choice public beyond a couple friends) was, "You WILL have children and you WILL love them."

And I have been banned from a couple sites for maintaining a staunch hard core CF status too. Snopes.com did not like that I said if I had a kid and he ran away from me in a parking lot, I'd let his ass get run over.tongue sticking out smiley
Anonymous User
July 04, 2011
If you want to shut a nosy asshole up really fast, turn the tables and make them feel like a total tool. It's especially good if they are religious...

MOO: "So how many kids DO you have?" (or some dialogue along those lines)

ME: "I don't have any children."

MOO: "Why not?? Aren't you planning on having any?"

ME: "Well, I can't HAVE any children - and THANK YOU (big sarcastic emphasis on the "thank you"part) for reminding me of that!"

Then they feel like such an idiot that they will usually leave me the fuck alone. Works about 99% of the time - unless it's a religious evangelical fuck - then they'll want to pray or whatever.
July 04, 2011
Cambion
My favorite online bingo has to be that my vagina is too loose to make a man reach orgasm and impregnate me, so I'm bitter about it. That one was cute.
Lolwhut? The persn who wrote was probably a cavern-pussied bitch herself
Anonymous User
July 05, 2011
I recently got bingo'ed by my parents when I told them I was planning on getting sterilized. Quite common from what I've seen here. The frustrating part for me is I've told then since I was a teenager that I didn't want children. You'd think somewhere along the years the message would sink in.

The bingo of choice was (drum roll): you'll change your mind when you're older. Really? REALLY?

I almost printed out the breeder bingo card to take with me and now I wished I would've.
Anonymous User
July 05, 2011
I absolutely detest it when someone tells me I'll change my mind when I'm "older".

Fucking seriously???? I'm almost 36 - husby is almost 40 - and some assholes think that I'm really going to change my mind??? GAH!!
July 05, 2011
juggsbunny
I absolutely detest it when someone tells me I'll change my mind when I'm "older".

Fucking seriously???? I'm almost 36 - husby is almost 40 - and some assholes think that I'm really going to change my mind??? GAH!!

And i thought this is my top bingo for being in my mid-twenties, i guess not. You know, thinking now of all the fertility treatments, womb transplants and all the medical developments in the breeding area i can picture being in the 60s and still get the "you'll change your mind". hysterical laughterz
July 06, 2011
Shortly before we got married my husband mentioned that to an aquaintance. She did not even say congrats or smth. of the kind. She just asked directly if i am knocked up. Apparently that was the reason we were getting married in her stupid head.
July 06, 2011
My mother, the BNP, harassed for years through my twenties and into my thirties, until I was sterilized. I loved how that shut her up completely. She had a litany of bingoes she'd use on me. They included, "You'll never know what real compassion is until you've had kids...", "You're not really an adult (or a woman) until you have kids", "You're cheating your husband out of children..."

Somewhere in the middle of this constant lowing for me and my sis to have kids, my sis did have one, and suddenly, 'Grandma' decided she didn't want to help babysit very much after all. smile rolling left righteyes2

-------------------------
"They will say that you are on the wrong road, if it is your own." ~Antonio Porchia
Anonymous User
July 07, 2011
Honestly I use the same crap that they throw on me right back at them (Im a 31 year old husband). When they tell me that Im selfish for not wanting kids, I tell them that they are contributing to overpopulation because they could adopt and think that they are so special and egotistical that they need a clone of themselves. They are the ones being selfish because they dont give a damn about the world.
Anonymous User
July 08, 2011
mariahlova
Honestly I use the same crap that they throw on me right back at them (Im a 31 year old husband). When they tell me that Im selfish for not wanting kids, I tell them that they are contributing to overpopulation because they could adopt and think that they are so special and egotistical that they need a clone of themselves. They are the ones being selfish because they dont give a damn about the world.

It's so true! That's exactly what I think—humanity is causing an ecological crisis and I'm the selfish one because I don't want to birth another witness to this tragedy?!
July 08, 2011
essuredly
mariahlova

It's so true! That's exactly what I think—humanity is causing an ecological crisis and I'm the selfish one because I don't want to birth another witness to this tragedy?!

My thoughts, exactly.
July 08, 2011
Not sure if this counts as a bingo, but my mom keeps complaining that she doesn't see enough of the graaanchyuld (my brother's kid) - even though the kid and her family live overseas - then she mentions that "she's the only graaaanchyuld I'll ever have *sniff*". She said this to me at lunch the other day, and she said this crap in front of my entire family when we were visiting my grandfather, who was very ill. "Besides J (my cousin's kid), this is the only great-graaandchyuld you'll ever have!" It's very passive aggressive and very annoying.

My mom did nothing but complain about how much having kids sucked when I was a kid, now suddenly she gets all misty eyed about grandbrats. eye rolling smiley Thing is, there's no reason not to think my brother will go on to have more kids, even if they say they don't want any more right now.
LauritaR
July 14, 2011
My immediate reaction to any questions or comments is a vehement "HYELL NO!" that I exclaim automatically lol. What can they do with that?? and then I elaborate depending on how much time I have lol. I love to defend my CFness. There is always a comeback to anything the breederific idiots have to say.:yeah
Anonymous User
July 19, 2011
I cannot believe this very thing actually came out of someone's mouth, a couple of weeks ago, at work: "I don't understand how someone can be in their thirties and not have any kids."

Really? REALLY?

I can't say I'm surprised to my core, however, as it came from betwixt the fucked-up teeth of an admitted lazy breeder, with a blown-out waist.
LauritaR
July 19, 2011
"I don't understand how someone can be in their... *whatever age YOU are*.... and not realize that everyone is DIFFERENT and won't acquiesce to someone else's vision of what their OWN LIFE should be like."

HA!

There is *always* something to say back. F%cking ignorant breeders. angry smiley
July 19, 2011
I can't believe I didn't get bingo'd....

I recently reconnected with some old neighborhood/childhood friends. They are of the major catholic variety. My best friend (when we were kids) from that family is a nun.

I popped over to their neighborhood to say hello since I heard my nun friend was in town on vacation. Between myself, the nun, and her older sister (who has six kids), we got a little on the topic of kids. I told them how I get the bingos when I say it's just me, DH and the cats.

The NUN actually said, "God made you the way you are. You have a loving husband and you have your cats. You are very blessed."

It was so refreshing to have a little support in our decision. Of course, I didn't say a word about my pro-choice political stance, as I just didn't think it was appropriate.
July 19, 2011
fade_to_pale
I cannot believe this very thing actually came out of someone's mouth, a couple of weeks ago, at work: "I don't understand how someone can be in their thirties and not have any kids."

"Just lucky, I guess."
"By understanding how to use condoms."
"By being capable of independent thought."
Anonymous User
July 20, 2011
Snark Shark
fade_to_pale

Really? REALLY?

I can't say I'm surprised to my core, however, as it came from betwixt the fucked-up teeth of an admitted lazy breeder, with a blown-out waist.

I'm almost 40 and don't have any- would that make their TINY BRAIN explode?

OOOOOOOO! Redecoration in Brain Matter GrayTM! I can just hear the explosion now.... mmm, so satisfying! devil with smile
July 20, 2011
My BF and I got sort-of bingoed while signing for our lease today.

The agent was going through the terms of our lease, and brought up children. It's part of the rules, fair enough. He started to say "You guys don't have kids yet but if you do...I don't remember what he said, because I was looking at the face my BF was making (ever see a smile that's not actually a smile? That's the face.) The agent noticed too and quickly said, "or not." Kids came up a few more times, but got a non-reaction from us. The agent started feeling awkward, I guess, since we didn't appear to be interested in anything to do with kids. "You two are together right?" He eventually asked, obviously confused.

Kids came up again as he was recapping the basic rules of the lease. My BF finally spoke up and said. "We're not having kids." The agent was trying to be professional, but didn't really know how to respond. "Ok, so you don't plan to, but accidents do happen. I know one guy who-"

"My medical insurance company paid a lot of money to make sure there will be no accidents." I interrupted, referring to my recent tubal ligation. He must have felt very awkward as the matter was immediately dropped.
July 21, 2011
Should have just said "I got my tubes tied, dumbass. You do the math." smile rolling left righteyes2
Anonymous User
July 21, 2011
juliewashere88
My BF and I got sort-of bingoed while signing for our lease today.

The agent was going through the terms of our lease, and brought up children. It's part of the rules, fair enough. He started to say "You guys don't have kids yet but if you do...I don't remember what he said, because I was looking at the face my BF was making (ever see a smile that's not actually a smile? That's the face.) The agent noticed too and quickly said, "or not." Kids came up a few more times, but got a non-reaction from us. The agent started feeling awkward, I guess, since we didn't appear to be interested in anything to do with kids. "You two are together right?" He eventually asked, obviously confused.

I'm kind of scared that this is what is going to happen to me and DF when we sign our lease in a couple weeks. At least the apartment complex is geared toward young professionals and grad students (one of the reasons we picked it, besides location. They even have a strictly enforced 10pm-8am quiet hour/noise ordinance!) Also, they know that I am a second year law student so at least there have been no bingoes yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login