Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
January 28, 2013
lilin_unite
fade_to_pale
Lol, yeah- lemme get myself in top physical and mental shape, just so I can flush it down the nearest toilet, for the next 20+ years!!

Moo logic.

That's what I was thinking. What in the fuck is the point of getting yourself in shape just so you can watch yourself turn into a beached whale?

There isn't any point. But i think that they want to get in shape for the pignancy, so the body can stand it easier. I don't know, that's the only explanation that comes to my mind. I need to do some research in this area because the logic just baffles me.
Anonymous User
January 28, 2013
blackpearl
lilin_unite
fade_to_pale
Lol, yeah- lemme get myself in top physical and mental shape, just so I can flush it down the nearest toilet, for the next 20+ years!!

Moo logic.

That's what I was thinking. What in the fuck is the point of getting yourself in shape just so you can watch yourself turn into a beached whale?

There isn't any point. But i think that they want to get in shape for the pignancy, so the body can stand it easier. I don't know, that's the only explanation that comes to my mind. I need to do some research in this area because the logic just baffles me.

It would also be easier to continue exercise and get some semblance of a figure back, but we have all heard the "why I'm still fat 20 years after sluicing" excuses.
Anonymous User
February 05, 2013
I remember getting bingoed when I was 8 by a classmate. Me and my friend (Now ex-friend) whom I'll refer to as E were discussing something, and somehow got onto the topic of children. I stated that I never wanted any, and E agreed. That was when we were interrupted by someone who I'd never talked to much (She'll be M). She asked why. "They're annoying. All they ever do is whine, cry, pee, and poop." M began talking about how "sometimes it just happens" and "sometimes it can't be helped." We all began discussing it (E and I giving reasons not to have kids, M giving reasons why you should). It ended with us discussing how shitting out a loaf was an option. I said something that could have been translated to "Birth control pills exist, dumbass."
February 07, 2013
cake is a sometimes food

Sorry about the threadjack, but I love this screen name. Especially after reading The Hambeast's latest tweet about chocolate cake. waving hellolarious
Anonymous User
February 09, 2013
A few months ago I went on a walk with a friend who is quite a bit older than I am and she asked me about having kids. When I told her I didn't want kids, she bingoed me with, "Kids are the best thing that ever happened to me. There's nothing like the unconditional love. Bingo. Bingo. Bingo." blah blah blah. I changed the subject after a few minutes and haven't talked about it with her since. (I have since learned some kind - and some not so kind - comebacks for bingoes.)

I just got back from seeing her tonight and after telling me all about her kid who relapsed (21, addicted to heroin, got clean, relapsed), she looked me in the eye and said, "You are smart to not have kids."fainting

The other bingo burned into my mind was when I lived with my Dad for a week or so after I left my husband before my apartment was ready. One of the main reasons my marriage ended was because I decided once and for all I didn't want kids (my ex thought he could change my mind). My Dad and I were standing together in the kitchen making dinner when he said, "So you really don't want kids, huh?" "Nope, absolutely not." "Well, just know you'll never have a moment like THIS (waving his hands around the room) with your child." I was incensed and replied, "So I'll never have to have a kid come back to live with me after her marriage breaks up, and I have to tell her everything will be OK and hope she believes me as her world is falling apart? Wow, THAT sounds like exactly why I don't want kids." ranting He's never said a word about it since.
February 11, 2013
I had a doctor's appointment this morning. The waiting room had a TV with 'educational' information playing. One of the segments claimed that parents get fewer colds than the childfree, and it was put down to a better psychological state. Yeah, right.

I'd rather get the flu every year for a week than deal with a brat 24/7/365.
February 11, 2013
JoJo
I had a doctor's appointment this morning. The waiting room had a TV with 'educational' information playing. One of the segments claimed that parents get fewer colds than the childfree, and it was put down to a better psychological state. Yeah, right.

Better psychological state? More like due to a built-up immunity from constant exposure to all kyd germs. Blech.
Anonymous User
February 14, 2013
JoJo

waving hellolarious

That is the most hysterical load of bullshit I have ever read in my life. Are they fucking kidding?

Everyone I know with kids has been sick at least 3 times so far this year. And it's like that EVERY year.

I got sick for the first time in 2 years last month.

Besides that, it is well-proven that parents with kids in the house are more likely to be unhappy than couples with no kids (assuming they aren't baby rabid). The stress of the kids is part of it, but also the fact that kids tend to wreck marriages.

What a load. Just straight-up natalist propaganda.

night owl
Better psychological state? More like due to a built-up immunity from constant exposure to all kyd germs. Blech.

It doesn't work that way with seasonal viruses. They mutate very quickly - sometimes multiple times in one season. By the time the next year rolls around, the virus has changed enough that your immune system might not recognize it, and you can get it again. That's why you have to get a flu vaccine every year, and even then it's a crap shoot.

Besides that, breeders -- especially if they have younger children, who are absolute germ farms -- are more tired and more stressed than their CF counterparts. Exhaustion and stress = weakened immune system. Not to mention that pignancy destroys your immune system as well.

This sounds like a straight-up lie to me.
February 15, 2013
Overheard someone else get bingoed while out for dinner.
There was a fairly intoxicated extremely old lady who sounded like she'd been a chain smoker her entire life declare
"I'm going to hang on (live) until I see them have children" gesturing to a couple across the table from her.
They just laughed it off and buried their heads in their pints .

No pressure then.
Goddamit I hate breeders.
February 18, 2013
I've been having a conversation via e-mail with this person I know, eventually the topic of kids came up and I said that I wouldn't be having any. She asks why, I explain, and she responds with this:

"You go to some effort explaining why you don't want kids, but my hunch is that you do want children but feel you can't and are trying to rationalize that fact away by telling yourself that you don't want one."

smile rolling left righteyes2
Anonymous User
February 18, 2013
segaface
I've been having a conversation via e-mail with this person I know, eventually the topic of kids came up and I said that I wouldn't be having any. She asks why, I explain, and she responds with this:

"You go to some effort explaining why you don't want kids, but my hunch is that you do want children but feel you can't and are trying to rationalize that fact away by telling yourself that you don't want one."

smile rolling left righteyes2

Sounds like she's pissed that some people actually STOP AND THINK about things that could ruin their lives, as well as others'. She's trying to make you sound/feel like an asshole or defective for being one of those ppl who, according to society, "thinks too much" about things (lol, there's no such thing, unless you wring your hands about shit that is of no consequence and doesn't affect you or anyone else negatively).

Methinks she should've thought things out, instead of taking a load,willy-nilly.

You can quote me directly in your response, and tell her to leave the analyses to the psychiatrists.
February 28, 2013
I got bingoed twice times in the past week. About to snap here. (Also almost a bottle of wine in)

The first was by one of those people with clipboards from some social organization that tries to stop people on their way to work. I was on my way to get some clinical work done when some guy from some pronatalist organization (there are so many in my city that I can't keep the acronyms straight) stopped me and asked what children need. I responded, "People to stop having them irresponsibly. Or at all. If people have children, they should be thought out, wanted, and well cared for. Or aborted." The activist clipboard guy asked, "So when you have children, what do you want them to physically have." I replied, "I will never have children because I don't want to give life to something I don't want, won't want to care for, and didn't ask to be born." He started in with his "babies are our future, you are a bad person for hating them, you'll never find a man" speech, and I lost my shit and replied that if babies grow up to be like him, I am happy I provide no future, and if he was the kind of man I'll never find, than I am happy with a vibrator.

Second, I was at happy hour with friends from law school; boyfriend was not with me. I got one of those hangers on type of guys who would not take no for an answer, who started to give me shit because I am both taken and not interested anyway. I've mentioned before that since I am tiny in stature (about 5' or so on a good day), blonde, and with delicate features, many guys think that I am fragile, docile, and basically an easy target. In reality, I am all muscle and a total bitch (I've fought off more than one mugger before), but they can't seem to accept that. I think this was one who enjoyed towering over me. He started in with all this crap about how he has a good job and can't find anyone who wants his kids, and being creeped out, I tried to get away from him, but he wouldn't take the hint. Finally, I lost it an said, "look, so many women want babies, apparently you aren't exactly a prime specimen. I am not single, I despise children and never want any, and furthermore, I am not interested in your pathetic excuse for manhood, so I suggest you respect my choice and fuck off." He replies, "Beautiful women like you are disgusting if they refuse to grace the country with children. Who will take care of you when you're old?" At that point he was shouting so I got him thrown out.

The last guy reminded me of bad dates I went on before I met my boyfriend, where guys would quiz me about kids and motherhood. I don't like kids until they are 11, I want a career, and no, I do not want to pass on my crippling anxiety, OCD or ADHD. Though I directly avoided much of my hereditary bullets such as alcoholism, eating disorders, and a shit ton of other mental illness, I am likely a carrier and I do NOT want to put some poor innocent being in the position of inheriting such crap. And no, buddy, I don't give a shit what your deity says, since I told you that I am a fucking atheist, and so is the boyfriend. I like being small, I like being attractive, but for fucks sake, I AM NOT PASSING IT ON AT THE EXPENSE OF PASSING ON TERRIBLE MENTAL ILLNESS OR OTHER GENETIC DISORDERS!! Why is it that perfect strangers think they can comment on it? Seriously. Fuck off. /endrant
February 28, 2013
I would reply to your last questions with: some people are just fucking rude and besides, the fact that you are a woman = your body is public property. It sucks, i know. And i feel you about the idiots who think they can just abuse you because of your outer looks. I'm also a very nice person and quite small and it happens the same to me. Males think that i'm naive and they can just do whatever they like and feel entitled to my attention just because. And when it doesn't happen like that they become very agressive.

I mentioned here about the idiot who started shouting at me "if i give you my child you would consider it a parasite? fuck you whore!" Not only that i'm married, but he totally ignored that by implying that he would knock me up. I don't take serioulsy these kind of people anymore because from the attitudes that you mentioned i draw just one conclusion: very frustrated Og. Otherwise why would you get mad that a woman who is already taken wouldn't want kids? It doesn't affect them in any way...besides their hurt male ego. How come a woman doesn't worship my dickwerks ability? Raaawr!

But i liked your blunt answer with the vibrator!grinning smiley
February 28, 2013
Just when I thought my parents had accepted the fact that I'm CF, my mom bingoes me twice. She used the "you're lucky your father and I didn't think like you do" and "you were a child once!" bullshit. When I asked her what relevance that had to my decision to be CF, she didn't have an answer, of course.
March 01, 2013
alana
Just when I thought my parents had accepted the fact that I'm CF, my mom bingoes me twice. She used the "you're lucky your father and I didn't think like you do" and "you were a child once!" bullshit. When I asked her what relevance that had to my decision to be CF, she didn't have an answer, of course.

I will never understand he "You were a child once" line. I was a snot nosed punk of a teenager once, too, and I don't like them either. The point of this is?
Anonymous User
March 16, 2013
Ugh. My husband and I eloped last year, though we've been together since we were 14 (now in our early 30s).

My generally-wonderful dad, who has always been one to lay off the pressure and accept my life choices readily, recently asked me when we're having kids. When I said something along the lines of "never," he said, "awww, bellatrix, don't be selfish!"

He's NEVER said anything like this before, and this feels very unlike him in general. I was too flabbergasted to respond well, but I managed to say, "isn't it more selfish to have a kid we don't want?" which seemed to stop him in his tracks- he agreed, at least at that moment.

Blah. I am so disappointed that this came from him, of all people.
March 21, 2013
Ugh, just got treated to my first "well, you might have kydz if you find the right person" bingo. Like I'd be staunchly CF, then meet the "right" man, and just drop everything and breed for him. Y'know, because I'm female, so obviously I'm not capable of my own thoughts and opinions. Obviously.

Sad thing is, this bingo came from another woman.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

March 21, 2013
strange aeons
Ugh, just got treated to my first "well, you might have kydz if you find the right person" bingo. Like I'd be staunchly CF, then meet the "right" man, and just drop everything and breed for him. Y'know, because I'm female, so obviously I'm not capable of my own thoughts and opinions. Obviously.

Oh, your first! Congrats! :bal
Isn't it something how they think we don't know our own minds.
March 21, 2013
Bellatrix, I believe I know what’s going on here. Your dad is beginning to show symptoms of a horrible disease called grandbaby rabies. It usually happens when one or more of their children get married, or in my mom’s case start dating. I’ve noticed since my brother got together with his girlfriend, my mom has been mentioning grandchildren a lot more than usual. Then again, I think she’s still having a hard time with the fact her kids are all grown up. She had me and my brother really young, so she’s never been without her kids.
That being said, I don’t plan on ever giving her grandbrats, and as heartless as this may sound I don’t care if it upsets her.
March 21, 2013
night owl
strange aeons

Oh, your first! Congrats! :bal
Isn't it something how they think we don't know our own minds.

Thanks! waving hellolarious

Yeah, us silly, silly wimminz. We ALL want baybeez eventually, don't you know? eye rolling smiley

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

April 15, 2013
I got bingoed at work today. I was ecstatically telling my coworker that my boyfriend is returning home after being gone for 6 weeks. Coworker asked if I wanted to get married, to which I replied that it would be nice but not absolutely necessary since we will not be having children.

I'm 39 years old and never married, so at this point, some people just assume that I'm too old to have chyldren, which is fine with me because then I don't have to explain anything. The problem is that I look young and this coworker does not know my age. So, he embarks upon the task of ferreting out why I don't want kyds. I politely explain that I am getting older and have never been married, but that I have never wanted kyds anyway.

He says, "But you don't know who those people (my unborn chyldren) are going to be... You don't know what parenthood is like until you are one... You don't know how awesome that life change is..."

Coworker is a nice man, and I generally like him, so I just smiled, and then my phone rang!!! Saved by my childfree coworker on the other end of the line. He must have sensed it and called in the nick of time!
Anonymous User
April 15, 2013
starbelly

I'm 39 years old and never married, so at this point, some people just assume that I'm too old to have chyldren, which is fine with me because then I don't have to explain anything. The problem is that I look young and this coworker does not know my age. So, he embarks upon the task of ferreting out why I don't want kyds. I politely explain that I am getting older and have never been married, but that I have never wanted kyds anyway.

He says, "But you don't know who those people (my unborn chyldren) are going to be... You don't know what parenthood is like until you are one... You don't know how awesome that life change is..."

I am younger than you (33) but I often get people assuming I am much younger and assuring me I still "have lots of time". I never know whether to laugh and tell them I am older than they seem to be thinking, or to tell them I really wish they would stop threatening that I had "lots of time" to have children. My husband is close to your age and no one ever seems to care about much time he has or doesn't!

Also, no one has ever explained to me what happens if I were to find out that my unborn chyld was to be the next Timothy McVeigh or Jeffrey Dalmer? Nor can they explain all the people I know who found out parenthood fucking sucks (no take backs!) and that the life change was awesomely terrible.

I like my life, I am not looking to change it by fucking it up.
Anonymous User
April 16, 2013
I'll add a bingo I got a few months ago.

I was by the front reception at work to meet a client and for some reason the receptionist (a moo who had a ~I year old loaf at the time) and another colleague of mine who has two adult children, were squawking about babies. I am not sure how it came up but colleague asked something about whether I was going to have kids. It started well because after laughing at the idea and saying no kids for me the colleague admitted that if it were not for an unplanned pregnancy and if she had waited it out she likely would have chose not to have them. She admitted it was kind of sucky a lot of times and she was not the mothering kind. She even said that if it were not for her husband who was he primary caregiver, the babies likely would have died before kindergarten.

Great! She is being honest and I am fortunate to have a few honest people in my life when it comes to this. Until a few seconds later she said "but it only takes one". She then went on to explain that while it was perfectly fine not to have kids (uh, thanks?) that it is worth having just one as it really helps you grow and mature. And to be unselfish. She asked the receptionist "isn't that true?" And of course receptionist moo, who is obsessed with her fat ugly baby, agreed. Colleague then said, in case I had not already clued in to her message, I should have JUST ONE as I get all the "benefits" of having a kid but without the true difficulty of having multiple children.

WTF? Thanks for the sneaky reference to my selfishness, and there is a big difference between NONE and ONE!

The receptionist actually pissed me off more than the colleague. She is the same one who left her husband for another man and found out she was inpig with husband's baby 2 weeks later. She stayed with new guy and went on stress leave during inpignancy as inpignancy was so hard on her and came back to work over 15 months later. Less than a month after this conversation she went back on stress leave and has been gone ever since. Clearly motherhood is all rainbows and butterflies!
April 17, 2013
Great! She is being honest and I am fortunate to have a few honest people in my life when it comes to this. Until a few seconds later she said "but it only takes one". She then went on to explain that while it was perfectly fine not to have kids (uh, thanks?) that it is worth having just one as it really helps you grow and mature. And to be unselfish. She asked the receptionist "isn't that true?" And of course receptionist moo, who is obsessed with her fat ugly baby, agreed. Colleague then said, in case I had not already clued in to her message, I should have JUST ONE as I get all the "benefits" of having a kid but without the true difficulty of having multiple children.”

Translation. “I’m totally unhappy with the life choices I made and the fact that you were smart enough not to make the same shit decisions I did really pisses me off. I understand you don’t want multiple kids, but at least have one so I can have someone to be miserable with. Please?”
And what benefits is she talking about? I would be curious to know what her adult kids have to say to that. I’ve noticed the breeders who crow loud enough about how much they lurve their chuyuldrun and what precious blessings they are were actually terrible parents who neglected or abused their kids. I have a few relatives like that.
April 20, 2013
ratherdive
Colleague then said, in case I had not already clued in to her message, I should have JUST ONE as I get all the "benefits" of having a kid but without the true difficulty of having multiple children.

WTF? Thanks for the sneaky reference to my selfishness, and there is a big difference between NONE and ONE!

My mom used to say something similar to me. When I said I didn't want kids, she would say that I should just have one, as if that would be a good compromise between the "standard" 2-3 and zero. I told her that there is a HUGE difference between zero and one!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login