Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
October 02, 2013
I think what's wrong is that we're seeing the products of a crumbling education system. Probably can't be helped by this time.

Hey, strange aeons, is that handle from the couplet in Lovecraft? I thought it looked familiar.
October 03, 2013
louiedalump
I think what's wrong is that we're seeing the products of a crumbling education system. Probably can't be helped by this time.

Doesn't exactly fill you with hope for the future, that's for sure. :smn

louiedalump
Hey, strange aeons, is that handle from the couplet in Lovecraft? I thought it looked familiar.

Yep. Was it the handsome fellow in my avatar that gave it away? grinning smiley

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."

I really want a tattoo of that one day. Somewhere.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

October 03, 2013
I didn't know if I should start a new thread, so move it if it is new.

I go to a blog called the The Truth About Cars. As I will say, it is not The Truth About The Writer's Kids. This article is written by one of their breeders and it is about how he wanted to buy a classic Camaro but did not have the money but somehow he always mentions his kids. I pointed out that if not for his kids, he could have the Camaro in his driveway. Here is the comments:

First I said:
The part that is kind of sad here is that since that Camaro was for sale you have probably spent much more than $3500 on Fisher Price, Playskool, Little Tykes, Huggies and Pampers. And all of that ended up in the middle of the Pacific ocean when you could have had a classic in the driveway. Almost makes one who likes cars want to cry.

Someone else agrees:

krhodes1October 2nd, 2013 at 4:01 pm
I just looked at one of the online “cost to raise a kid” calculators. In New England, for someone at my income level who plans to send the kid to a public college, it is about $363,000 for 0-college. That is if I have a kid today. $393K for private college. They figured almost $15K just for the first year alone. And going by a couple of friends who have recently had kids, I believe it, every penny.

Cars are WAAAY cheaper than kids. The species will have to go on without my DNA.

PradoOctober 2nd, 2013 at 4:31 pm
On a somewhat related topic, Toys that Gen X, grew up with …like Fisher Price, Hot Wheels, early video game consoles …. are quite collectable and can have suprising values. Maybe that nostalgia will translate well into cars eventually…. or maybe not.

I also point out:
That might be true but most of those toys are going to end up swirling around in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Thomas, in most of his posts, somehow brings up kids in almost everything he writes, as if to say he is a “complete man” because he has children and I just like telling him that he could have everything he ever wanted if he had not bred.

Oh, I did forget to mention Atari and Intellivison, there are probably some of those in the middle of the ocean too.

Now the breeder writer:

Thomas KreutzerOctober 2nd, 2013 at 5:20 pm
I think you may be reading into that some…

I bring up kids because I most often write about the world through the lens of my own personal experience. My own personal experience involves kids. I don’t believe I have ever said that everyone should follow my example or that anyone else’s life was less complete because they don’t have children.

So long as I am writing stories based upon my own life experiences, those stories are going to have kids. That’s just how it is.

Marcelo de VasconcellosOctober 2nd, 2013 at 5:30 pm
Hey Thomas, don’t mind them. They have no idea. Having kids is something that just cannot be expressed in dollars or arithmetic. Like you, I say let them think what they want, but for those who choose to embark on this marvellous adventure of parenting, well, we know what we know very well the ROI is unquantifiable.

Oh, now I want to puke! What can I say back? Oh, and here is the link:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/10/missed-opportunities-forever-a-day-late-and-a-dollar-short/#postcomments

Oh, and one more shot at the childfree:
Kid haters huh ? .

After my wretched childhood I didn’t want to have any kids for fear if being a bad parent but my ex wife decided otherwise and it’s bee great ~ I was able to share my love of everything motorized with him , he’s a good racer and a Journeyman Mechanic , I’da rathered he finished College but , he’s happy and stable , no dope , tattoos , bastards etc. and gets along well with everyone .

He comes over to help me out with the heavy lifting things I can’t do anymore too plus we can spend hours to – gether driving , working on things or just figuring out the maladies on all those junkers that follow me home =eye rolling smiley .

If you don’t want kids fine , no need to take childish pot shots at those who do , remember this : one day one of those kids you yelled to get off your lawn , will be changing your diapers and rolling you to the dining hall , hopefully before the fruit cups are all gone .

-Nate

Nate, get off my yard! Now you can change me and get me fruit cups!
Anonymous User
October 08, 2013
Got bingo'd by a friend today! Love him, he's just got a lot of stuff going on in his head and I don't think he really knows how he feels about anything one way or another right now, so I didn't really hold it against him, just told him to cut it out.

We were watching Mrs. Doubtfire [amazing movie even if it is breederific as fuck and full of bad child actors, who can resist Robin Williams in drag and an adorable, extremely subtle gay couple?] and I was watching Robin Williams' character go through ALL this crazy shit, all the dressing/undressing scenes just to see his children and I was like, "I'm glad I don't have kids, I can't imagine going through all of this bullshit just to be around them. It doesn't seem worth it."

He said, "You wouldn't even do it for your own kids?" Nope! "Nah, you'd change your mind if you had kids of your own. You'd do it for them."

So close to a typical "You'll change your mind/It's different when it's your own", and yet not quite the same. Harmless and silly bingo from a friend who's working through some stuff emotionally/mentally [and who probably hasn't thought any more about breeding than what he is told by his environment], so I take no offense.
Anonymous User
October 08, 2013
I interned at a nursing home a few years ago and a group of elderly ladies residing there asked if I had kids. I politely told them "no". They asked why, and I replied that I didn't want any. They all gasped, and I was amazed that they didn't drop dead of heart attacks.
On occasion, I hear some condescending remarks from strangers who don't pay my bills informing me that I'm obligated to give my parents grandchildren. I tell them that I'm broke, single, and not feeling the brat thing. So far, no one has debated further after my response.
My dad's girlfriend has a moo daughter who bred 3 babies in a row, so for the most part, my father is content with having them in his life.
Anonymous User
October 08, 2013
One reason why me and my boyfriend's relationship failed. His moo didn't help matters they both kept telling me its my job as a woman to have kids to help with the future generation. I think we have enough of the "new" generation running around and I refuse to contribute to it. She had the nerve to tell me that I was being selfish, excuse me lady but i am not the one pressuring a woman with medical issues into bringing another chyld into our already overpopulated planet.cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck After I refused to have a womb parasite growing inside me he dumped me I have a feeling his moo convinced him to break up with me but I am glad he did, because last i heard the wannabe duh went back to his ex girlfriend who herself is baby rabid she wants ten kids!:headbrick Well good for him as long as he is no longer trying to bingo me I am good.smiling smiley
October 12, 2013
*grumbles* Got one from the bride to be last night.

"I never wanted them either until I found such amazing love and partnership"

So what my husband I have is what, again? *shrugs* Oh well.
October 13, 2013
Missmycats, I frequently get the bingo about how me and my partner are basically just fuck buddies because we have chosen not to get married and we are CF. I have even been asked what the point of our relationship is if we are not going to get married or spawn.

Oh, I don't know, love, companionship, mutual support, someone to share your life with, and the sex is pretty good too. But I guess none of those things matter unless you're following the LifeScript! :headbrick
October 13, 2013
I have a friend who doesn't believe in marriage and I am personally on the fence about it. I'm also asexual and I've basically been told I have no chance at finding even a decent relationship, let alone a great one because of that.

But then, I've gotten bingoed about not being afraid to be alone and not having finding a relationship as my top priority. AHHH! :headbrick

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
October 13, 2013
brown-eyed diamond
I have a friend who doesn't believe in marriage and I am personally on the fence about it. I'm also asexual and I've basically been told I have no chance at finding even a decent relationship, let alone a great one because of that.

But then, I've gotten bingoed about not being afraid to be alone and not having finding a relationship as my top priority. AHHH! :headbrick

Ultimately in life when it all boils down to it, the only person you have to answer to is the person in the mirror. Your harshest critic and the only one you have to please.

October 13, 2013
I thought being fixed was going to mean the end of getting bullshit from doctors. It's done now, so they can stop lowing about it, right?

Nope.

I went to the doctor recently -- one I'd never seen before. I have a couple cysts, so I was running over my reproductive history and get to the most recent: I was fixed a year ago and my ovary was healthy at the time. That's the last time it was looked at.

The dude gave me this disgusted look and said, "Why would you do that to yourself?"

SERIOUSLY!?

Even AFTER it's all said and done and there's nothing anyone can do about it, they're STILL gonna give me shit about it?

I was so done. I just stared at him coldly and said, "Because I wanted to. Are you going to talk about how you think you know me better than I do now? Because I'm frankly burnt out on that particular speech."

He looked a little embarrassed of himself (GOOD!) and we got back to the business at hand.

Fucking idiot.

I tried to schedule the follow-up with the ob/gyn who did my tubal, but she's booked out into mid-November and I really shouldn't wait that long. So, no doubt, I will have to deal with this shit yet again.
October 14, 2013
lilin_unite
I thought being fixed was going to mean the end of getting bullshit from doctors. It's done now, so they can stop lowing about it, right?

Nope.

I went to the doctor recently -- one I'd never seen before. I have a couple cysts, so I was running over my reproductive history and get to the most recent: I was fixed a year ago and my ovary was healthy at the time. That's the last time it was looked at.

The dude gave me this disgusted look and said, "Why would you do that to yourself?"

SERIOUSLY!?

Even AFTER it's all said and done and there's nothing anyone can do about it, they're STILL gonna give me shit about it?

I was so done. I just stared at him coldly and said, "Because I wanted to. Are you going to talk about how you think you know me better than I do now? Because I'm frankly burnt out on that particular speech."

He looked a little embarrassed of himself (GOOD!) and we got back to the business at hand.

Fucking idiot.

I tried to schedule the follow-up with the ob/gyn who did my tubal, but she's booked out into mid-November and I really shouldn't wait that long. So, no doubt, I will have to deal with this shit yet again.

WTF?! Even if he thinks that he shouldn't verbalize it. That's very unprofessional. Thank God you embarrassed him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
Anonymous User
October 14, 2013
milenascarlet
WTF?! Even if he thinks that he shouldn't verbalize it. That's very unprofessional. Thank God you embarrassed him.

You would think. These are ob/gyns. I'm sure that if I had made up a story about how I'd had 30 unprotected sexual partners in a month, he'd be able to keep a straight face while he told me condoms might be a good idea.

But tell him I'm CF and fixed? Well, that's just crazy! He just HAS to put in his 2 cents about that. AIDS, schmaids. The REAL concern here is my lack of interest in breeding.

You know, I should try that some time. I should make up a sexual history that's extremely stupid and insane, and then tell them I'm fixed, and see which one they react to more. I'd bet dollars to donuts they'll freak out more about me being fixed.

For some reason, being totally unprofessional is ok if someone doesn't want to breed. I'd say 80% of doctors I've told I'm CF have made similar comments towards me.

I had just hoped against hope that being fixed might make them shut up about it already.
Anonymous User
October 16, 2013
Heard today out of some old bag, how my life will be empty without children and that most people once they reach middle age regret it.
Don't even ask me how I ended up in this conversation with her.. I promptly told her to get fucked and walked off . The old dear almost had a heart attack on the spot.

And yes her life is so full that all of her four grown kyds ignore her and so do the grand kyds. She is a person my grandmother knows I don't even know her but she seemed to think I did even though I was like 4 when I last saw her.
Anonymous User
October 16, 2013
lilin_unite
milenascarlet

You would think. These are ob/gyns. I'm sure that if I had made up a story about how I'd had 30 unprotected sexual partners in a month, he'd be able to keep a straight face while he told me condoms might be a good idea.

But tell him I'm CF and fixed? Well, that's just crazy! He just HAS to put in his 2 cents about that. AIDS, schmaids. The REAL concern here is my lack of interest in breeding.

You know, I should try that some time. I should make up a sexual history that's extremely stupid and insane, and then tell them I'm fixed, and see which one they react to more. I'd bet dollars to donuts they'll freak out more about me being fixed.

For some reason, being totally unprofessional is ok if someone doesn't want to breed. I'd say 80% of doctors I've told I'm CF have made similar comments towards me.

I had just hoped against hope that being fixed might make them shut up about it already.

Ugh that attitude pisses me off it is completely unprofessional to even comment on it. I'm Australian but am having a hell of a time finding a doctor that will sterilise me. It's all but you will change you're mind someday! Which all us have heard that bingo.
Thankfully my general doctor didn't even bat and eyelid and is now hunting to find one that will do it.
Anonymous User
October 16, 2013
UPDATE: I saw a different doctor for my follow-up. Again, a new one, because I had to get a follow up quickly and my ob/gyn who did my tubal was booked out.

Turns out, this guy was actually one of the people who trained the ob/gyn who did my tubal when she was doing her residency.

I told him what happened with the doctor mentioned above, and he called him a douchebag.

I laughed. And felt a big vindicated.
October 16, 2013
Is it any kind of a shared practice, or is douche a sole practitioner? Knowing that other doctors also don't think highly of him, I think it would be worth making a complaint about his unprofessional conduct if he isn't self-employed.
Anonymous User
October 17, 2013
yurble
Is it any kind of a shared practice, or is douche a sole practitioner? Knowing that other doctors also don't think highly of him, I think it would be worth making a complaint about his unprofessional conduct if he isn't self-employed.

He worked at a fairly major urgent care. The guy I just saw didn't say that he knew him; just that the way he acted with me was douchey.

Honestly, if I reported every one who did something like that, I'd have reported about 15 ob/gyn's by now (I've had a lot, due to my mysterious reproductive organs and their antics). It's almost all of them.

My inclination is that no one will give a fuck.
Anonymous User
October 17, 2013
Snark Shark
yurble

and he shall now be known as DR DOUCHE! bouncing and laughing

Both catchy AND true!
October 17, 2013
lilin_unite
yurble

He worked at a fairly major urgent care. The guy I just saw didn't say that he knew him; just that the way he acted with me was douchey.

Honestly, if I reported every one who did something like that, I'd have reported about 15 ob/gyn's by now (I've had a lot, due to my mysterious reproductive organs and their antics). It's almost all of them.

My inclination is that no one will give a fuck.

You're right, they probably won't, but on the off-chance that they will, you could have a form letter to send in complaint.
Anonymous User
October 17, 2013
Snark Shark
lilin_unite
due to my mysterious reproductive organs and their antics

Sounds like they're part Monthy Python, part Agatha Christie!

Pretty much. My docs, past and present, have been debating what the fuck is going on for the better part of 10 years. I've had structural anomalys appear and disappear, and my system attacks any change in my hormones as if it were a virus. It's bizarre.

Weirdly, I am also perfectly healthy overall. I am not diagnosed with anything except "strange."
October 17, 2013
I got bingoed by the mom of a friend of mine who passed away about 5 years ago. I developed a friendship with his mom after he passed, and I really thought she was accepting of my being CF based on previous conversations, but today she lobbed every bingo my way that she could while we were having a conversation about something else and the subject kind of forayed into my being CF. I just changed the subject because I didn't want to risk getting really bitchy in response. It really angered me and hurt my feelings based on previous interactions with her where she was quite accepting and even said I "stand taller than most." It's odd that all these bingoes just came out of nowhere. How does it affect her in any way, in any case? :headbrick
Anonymous User
October 17, 2013
Well I got bingoed again today by my new psychologist , I'm seeing her for issues related to having a shitty and abusive childhood.
Any way on my notes it apparently says patient does not want any children and is looking into sterilisation.

She looks at me asked about it, I tell her yes I want no kids blah blah, she then says "if I were you I'd be keeping all my options open" wtf ....I lost my temper with her and snapped "I do not want them for a variety of reasons and already know were I stand on this issue I am not here to discuss changing my mind.

She then pulled the whole it must be because of my shitty childhood is the reason for not wanting them. I don't know what to as this psychologist is covered cost wise by a government plan thing that I'm under here in Australia and my health insurance covers the rest of the cost. So I can't exactly go find another one that easily either.
October 19, 2013
cosmictraveler
I got bingoed by the mom of a friend of mine who passed away about 5 years ago. I developed a friendship with his mom after he passed, and I really thought she was accepting of my being CF based on previous conversations, but today she lobbed every bingo my way that she could while we were having a conversation about something else and the subject kind of forayed into my being CF. I just changed the subject because I didn't want to risk getting really bitchy in response. It really angered me and hurt my feelings based on previous interactions with her where she was quite accepting and even said I "stand taller than most." It's odd that all these bingoes just came out of nowhere. How does it affect her in any way, in any case? :headbrick

I am sorry that this happened to you. But, it just goes to show everyone that you cannot trust breeders. They dragged people here in spite of the fact that there are so many kids already here without parents. How much sense does that make? They are narcissistic and stupid. The only reason breeders have kids is to have a free CNA in their senior years or because of peer pressure. No matter how sane a breeder seems, don't trust them or they will turn on you.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
October 20, 2013
rose
Well I got bingoed again today by my new psychologist , I'm seeing her for issues related to having a shitty and abusive childhood.
Any way on my notes it apparently says patient does not want any children and is looking into sterilisation.

She looks at me asked about it, I tell her yes I want no kids blah blah, she then says "if I were you I'd be keeping all my options open" wtf ....I lost my temper with her and snapped "I do not want them for a variety of reasons and already know were I stand on this issue I am not here to discuss changing my mind.

She then pulled the whole it must be because of my shitty childhood is the reason for not wanting them. I don't know what to as this psychologist is covered cost wise by a government plan thing that I'm under here in Australia and my health insurance covers the rest of the cost. So I can't exactly go find another one that easily either.

Don't ask, DEMAND a new therapist, and make it explicitly clear WHY you are rejecting this therapist. It doesn't matter how the costs are being covered, you deserve to have a compatible therapist. And be very, very clear with any new therapist you get that the subject is NOT up for debate, or you will complain about them. Sometimes you just have to advocate for yourself really hard, and waiting for a new therapist who's more compatible for you will be worth the wait. When I was undergoing therapy a few years ago, I told them explicitly that I need an LGFT-friendly therapist with a fairly liberal mindset. This was a state-funded program and I got who I asked for. Never even asked me about my CF stance or anything, but I knew if it came up, she wouldn't bingo me (and I think she was CF as well). Be clear about the kind of person you need to speak with for therapy, because the purpose is to help you overcome stress, anxiety, and other issues, NOT to try and alter who you are as a person. Best of luck to you. I feel the utmost sympathy for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login