Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Anonymous User
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
September 02, 2011
juliewashere88
kaylachrist
One of the stupidest ideas I ever heard came from a high schooler who bingo'ed me when I was in high school the first time I said I never wanted kids. Here's her "genius" idea:

"If you marry somebody who wants two babies and you don't want any, why don't you compromise and just have one?"

:headbrick

Because, it's not really a compromise if you're still doing something you don't want without anything actually being given up by the other. The hypothetical second child would, in that scenario, be imaginary. The man in the scenario got half of what he wanted without giving up anything.

If she thinks that's a compromise, you should have told her that you want her to give you $200 for nothing and that if she doesn't want to give you any, she should compromise by only giving you $100.

OMG, THISTHISTHIS!!

I'm so gonna do this, the next time I get bingo'd.
September 03, 2011
fade_to_pale
juliewashere88
kaylachrist
One of the stupidest ideas I ever heard came from a high schooler who bingo'ed me when I was in high school the first time I said I never wanted kids. Here's her "genius" idea:

"If you marry somebody who wants two babies and you don't want any, why don't you compromise and just have one?"

:headbrick

Because, it's not really a compromise if you're still doing something you don't want without anything actually being given up by the other. The hypothetical second child would, in that scenario, be imaginary. The man in the scenario got half of what he wanted without giving up anything.

If she thinks that's a compromise, you should have told her that you want her to give you $200 for nothing and that if she doesn't want to give you any, she should compromise by only giving you $100.

OMG, THISTHISTHIS!!

I'm so gonna do this, the next time I get bingo'd.

logic simplified!
September 07, 2011
I just got bingoed by a client on my phone sex service. I was getting paid by the minute, which was the only reason I didn't hang up in his ear. Dude calls me for fun, and then follows with a 30 minute long explanation as to why men fall for certain types of women (hot girls in their 20s) and women develop baby rabies when they find "da right mayann.."
According to him, nature forces people to breed, beyond their control. I told him that I was childfree, and that despite having a great body and being female, I also have a mind which has evolved past my basic urge to breed...he tells me it's just because I haven't found the right babbydaddy yet....and to give it time.
Grrrrr.....I was getting annoyed, and told him that I have NEVER wanted kyds, and that my mind is not wired to want kyds. I know what a miserable existence that would bring me, and I have opted out...not to mention the fact that we human beings are breeding ourselves into extinction as we speak. Someone has to make the choice to opt out.
Of course, as soon as my point was clearly unshakable, he had to go. This, coming from a dude who wanted to be called "Bambi" and fucked up the ass with a vibrator. He is preaching to me about natural fucking selection.... :eyebrows
OKayy....I got paid for the call, but I will never get that 30 minutes of my life back.
ETA: If the only girls men want to impregnate are young hotties, how come all the moos I see are friggin' fugly looking females? Not to mention da mayannns. They are fat, slovenly and disgusting looking. It doesn't seem as if it's only the superior DNA is being duplicated here..
From what I see, many of the attractive people are NOT breeding! That includes many of my childfree friends, who are pretty attractive, especially for their ages.
This whole theory seems to hold less weight than a wet paper bag.
September 07, 2011
mumofsixbirds
ETA: If the only girls men want to impregnate are young hotties, how come all the moos I see are friggin' fugly looking females? Not to mention da mayannns. They are fat, slovenly and disgusting looking. It doesn't seem as if it's only the superior DNA is being duplicated here..
From what I see, many of the attractive people are NOT breeding! That includes many of my childfree friends, who are pretty attractive, especially for their ages.

They want but they can't. devil with smile

Or...after they shit out kids the hotties become ugly cows.
Kelli
September 07, 2011
Pregnancy turns them into fat, lumpy cows without even another brain cell to rub against the another brain cell.
I always wonder why people think "you'll want babies when you find the right man." If you really spent that long of a time looking for the right person, who you supposedly love, then why would you doom them to 18 years childrearing and ruining your/her body (which is sure to put a damper on the marriage). Kids usually make marriages highly unstable, too.
September 14, 2011
If the right man for you will want kids, why are so many breeders unhappy, divorced, cheaters, or otherwise single? If the guy was so right for them, why does he usually run off or fuck behind Moo's back? How many Moos have assloads of kids, each by a different baby-daddy? Were any of them the right one? Of course not. smile rolling left righteyes2

Most guys either want kids or don't care if they knock a woman up, so helping make a kid does not make a man the right one. If you go by that logic, a man who rapes and impregnates a woman is the right man.
Anonymous User
September 23, 2011
blackpearl
mumofsixbirds

They want but they can't. devil with smile

Or...after they shit out kids the hotties become ugly cows.
This. They were probably hot before, but pahrunting made them fugly. It's one of the reasons I'm awaiting my high school reunion. tongue sticking out smiley
Anonymous User
September 24, 2011
OMG, I saw pics from my 10 year reunion (which now, I'm disappointed I didn't attend, because/) and all of the girls got fat. WAY fat. Kids? Yep. Man, I'm still gonna look like a bombshell at the 20-year, and they'll all be truly MOO. And, they'll still hate me. LOL.
September 24, 2011
I went to my 10 year reunion and most of the hot chicks were still hot.. but by the 20 year.. they were saggin' and I was lookin FINE! LOL One other thing I noticed was that the guys who looked nerdy in HS actually turned out looking dang good as they aged. The hot guys from school...mostly bald and fat. LOL I loved it!
September 25, 2011
I have a friend with a 12-year old daughter. Said friend got pregnant at age 15 and gave birth at 16. For the most part, my friend has done a pretty good job of raising her kid; she does very well in school, is polite, and is actually quite mature. Although she’s a little immature for her age in some ways, my friend has always been employed for as long as I've known her and her daughter isn't the only topic of conversation she's interested in. So, although I generally shy away from befriending breeders, I've never really had a problem with this friend. Until just recently.

We've talked before about her experiences with pregnancy and parenthood at such an early age. She is the first to admit that having a kid can be a real pain in the ass and it definitely limits her freedom in many aspects. She admits that it's a lot of work raising a kid right (although she's aware it's her responsibility and I do respect that she takes it seriously). When we first became friends, I already knew I never wanted to have children and she never bingoed me or pushed the subject.

Now that I'm engaged, she is getting into the habit of bingoing DF and I. Not too often, but still. She tells us we should have kids because we'd make great parents....um, ok. I'm sure I would if I WANTED to be a parent. DF is adamantly childfree (part of why I love him so much!) and probably wouldn't make a good parent because while I can tolerate and maybe even like well-behaved children, he can't stand them at all. She also says we should have a kid because it would be such a cool person, tells us her daughter could babysit for us all the time (I'm sure her kid would love to be voluntold) and other things of that nature. Oh, and recently, she begins the bingoes with, "I know you guys don't want kids, BUT..."

DF and I always politely restate how we feel but it’s just starting to get old. It seems she’ll start the bingoing after bitching about her kid or parenthood in general. I’ve told her that it seems misery just loves company and there’s no way I’m joining that club. I wish she would stop because other than the bingoes, I really like her and value the friendship. I don’t know, maybe I need to be firmer in my rebuttals. It just sucks.
Anonymous User
September 27, 2011
I find it interesting that she's only started bingo-ing you since you got engaged. Maybe she's seeing some possibilities that she herself missed out on, and is feeling a bit jealous and insecure. This could lead to her trying to 'big up' her own situation (being a parent). It's also possible that she is broody for another child and is kind of playing this out through your life, if that makes sense.

Maybe the blunt approach is best. Next time it happens try saying 'One of the things I've always appreciated about our friendship is that you understand and accept that I'm CF'. Big smile. Hold eye contact.

Maybe she'll realise what she's doing, and stop it.

I hope you find a way to resolve this, good friends are hard to find and it's a shame to lose one over something like this.
September 27, 2011
Thank you for the insight, happysammy. I do think it's likely that she sees possibilities she has since missed out on. While I can understand, it was still her choice to keep the baby. Now that I think about it, she is a little insecure in some ways. I know she's definitely not broody for another child because she recently had her tubes tied and is thrilled about it (smartest thing she ever did, in my opinion).

Maybe the blunt approach is best. Next time it happens try saying 'One of the things I've always appreciated about our friendship is that you understand and accept that I'm CF'. Big smile. Hold eye contact.

I love it! I'm totally going to use that next time. :yr
Anonymous User
September 27, 2011
Definitely agreeing to that approach.
September 28, 2011
Let us know how it goes, Blueorchid!
Anonymous User
September 28, 2011
I hope it works out well, let us know how you get on next time she tries to bingo you. smiling smiley
September 28, 2011
Thanks all, I will definitely update!
Anonymous User
September 29, 2011
I've had my share of the usual bingoes too and when I can restrain myself I shrug them off or just change subject as quickly as possible. Usually they're just annoying but a recent one actually made me sad (but not due to a change of heart on my part!).

My brother is married with 2 young kids, he's very happy with the whole set up so that's fine with me except I don't visit much anymore! I thought he shared the same views about being CF but he's burdened with the sprogs now so that's that.

Recently we were talking about things, man to man over a few beers on a rare occasion where he actually had time and energy to do so and he started dropping the bingoes like mad "but it's different when it's your own", "it's all worth it", blah blah blah....I just said look, I know that's how you feel, you changed your mind, you have kids now and it's working out for you, great, but the thing is, I don't have any kids, it's a choice, I can choose and I choose not to have any and keep my freedom instead.

What made me sad was the look for just a second of realisation on his face. A look that seemed for the first time to be a realisation that he too had that choice but now it's too late to go back. He's happy with his lot anyway but I can't help but think how our lives are now on completely different paths. How I have my freedom, spare cash, more energy to explore new things in life but he's now working 2 jobs and cleaning nappies and puke and watching barnie the fucking dinosaur on his time off!

I think that the bingoes are often (but not always) meant more as a reassurance to parents like they're repeating a healing mantra. Still bloody annoying to be on the receiving end though!
Anonymous User
September 29, 2011
Yes. More often that not, when people are trying to convince you of something, what they're really trying to do is convince themselves. Otherwise, repetition wouldn't be necessary.
September 29, 2011
i agree with fade to pale - if parenthood was so awesome we wouldn't need to be convinced.

i mean, no one has to "convince" me that gelato is awesome...it just IS and everybody knows it.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
Anonymous User
September 30, 2011
My problem is that I own a minivan..and have no intentions in the slightest to ever have kids....I just like it and love the space and I can put my bike in the van and stuff like that....

People just assume that you have to pop out POS kids when you own one of these....they assume that I am going to have kids and just arent admitting it but the joke is on them as I never want one of those brats!
October 01, 2011
My husband was asked few days ago by a work colleague when are the babies coming since she saw the ring on his finger. He said that i'm sterilized but that didn't shut her up...she continued mentioning adoption. I just don't get it...doesn't she know the difference between getting sterilized and being sterile from mother nature? She just didn't believe that somebody would get sterilized because thet person does NOT WANT kids. Finally she shut up when husband told that it was our personal decision but with a horrified look on her face. OMFG how can a woman mutilate herself?!? the horror!:yeah
October 02, 2011
Well, I'm finally getting around to posting in this thread. A few weeks ago, maybe a month now, I was talking with my boss who was in an excitable state due to the fact that his daughter is now preggo with #3. I think he said this will be their 3rd in maybe 5 years of marriage. I said to him, "Wow, that sounds like a lot of hard work. I'm going on 0 kids in 15 years." He promptly gave me the stare down and said, "There are too many people right now having too many kids and the people that SHOULD be having kids aren't having any."

He just outright Bingo'd me on the spot. I told him I had work to do and turned around and left. saying 'wtf'
October 02, 2011
lisbeth
Well, I'm finally getting around to posting in this thread. A few weeks ago, maybe a month now, I was talking with my boss who was in an excitable state due to the fact that his daughter is now preggo with #3. I think he said this will be their 3rd in maybe 5 years of marriage. I said to him, "Wow, that sounds like a lot of hard work. I'm going on 0 kids in 15 years." He promptly gave me the stare down and said, "There are too many people right now having too many kids and the people that SHOULD be having kids aren't having any."

He just outright Bingo'd me on the spot. I told him I had work to do and turned around and left. saying 'wtf'

You kind of walked right into that one. We all do sometimes.

Amazing that he didn't seem to listen to what he said. "There are too many people right now having too many kids and the people that SHOULD be having kids aren't having any." What does that very quote say about him? Talk about bingo backfire! You don't even need to give a comeback, he burned himself with that one. smile rolling left righteyes2
October 02, 2011
juliewashere88
You kind of walked right into that one. We all do sometimes.

Amazing that he didn't seem to listen to what he said. "There are too many people right now having too many kids and the people that SHOULD be having kids aren't having any." What does that very quote say about him? Talk about bingo backfire! You don't even need to give a comeback, he burned himself with that one. smile rolling left righteyes2

I'm not sure if he even understood what he said. He's the kind of tool that talks just to hear himself talk. He'll ask you something and when you attempt to answer he will start talking over you, sometimes about a completely non-related topic. I'm just hoping that he will catch my meaning and stop talking to me about his grand-brats since I don't give two shits about them.
Anonymous User
October 02, 2011
dogfish
I think that the bingoes are often (but not always) meant more as a reassurance to parents like they're repeating a healing mantra. Still bloody annoying to be on the receiving end though!

I agree very much with this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login