Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Anonymous User
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
November 11, 2011
That's hilarious and awesome,Starlady! grinning smiley

I was very tall and looked mid-late 20s by the time I hit 13....and still get guessed arround that age and still occasionally get modelling work I'm technically much too "old" for.

Nothing says :yeah to a breeder using the "you'll change your mind when you're older and wiser..like meee" bingo like being,well,older and wiser smug
Anonymous User
November 13, 2011
I got bingoed at the old folks home while visiting my grandfather today...by a staff member!
I had my sweet little dog with me and this lady starts fussing over him then proceeds to tell me how she just had dogs too till she got knocked up at 38.eye rolling smiley
Nurse: "I never wanted kids either till it just happened when I was 38!"(ya...it "just happened"smile rolling left righteyes2)
Me: "My husband and I JUST have pets, no kids."
Nurse: "When you have one you'll see how much more work they are!"(...no shit they're more work, why do you think I don't have any?!?)
Me: "We are very HAPPY without kids and won't be having any."
Nurse: (a bit taken aback) "Oh well it's a personal decision."
Me: "Yes it is and we are confident that it's the right one!"grinning smiley

We still had a nice visit with my 92 year old grandfather but I'd love to have some time to spend with him minus the nosy nurse!
November 16, 2011
The discussion I had in my maths class today was ridiculous.
There's a teenmoo in there but she wasn't here today.
So I talk to her wannamoo friend who wants 4 BRATS ALREADY.
I said, you're insane. I never want brats.
She looks at me and gives me the old, oh you never know.
I ask her straight out, alright then. Give me ONE unselfish reason you have for wanting kids.
She couldn't do it.
All her explanations included some form of you want, I want, etc.
"I want to something of my own to raise better than my mom raised me."
"I want a little helpless creature to depend on me."
"Don't you want a mix of you and your boyfriend/fiance/husband?"
I just shook my head and said, no. I want a reason that doesn't involve YOU.
She went blankfaced.
Idiot.

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
November 17, 2011
nice one, Frenzy! I love it!

I was commenting on a board yesterday about somone dithering over whether they should have kids.
I said, "being childfree is better for the environment"
Someone else said "aww, I bet your momma didn't say that"
I said, "oops, a bingo from r********l! Having kids is a choice, and my mother defends my choice not to procreate. I'm not insulting her choice, and I accept that others want kids, so why can't my decision be acceptable too?"
I got a couple positive responses from that.
Someone else said in response to my first comment, "but bad for the economy"
So I said, " Well adopt then! Recycling!"

I was proud of myself! haha
November 17, 2011
frenzy
I ask her straight out, alright then. Give me ONE unselfish reason you have for wanting kids.
She couldn't do it.
She went blankfaced.
Idiot.

- FOUR?? when i was in high school i didn't even want a single one of it!
- you never know. because you don't want kids but making kids is a miracle; you don't know when a miracle is given upon you! you could be the first person in the modern time who experience virgin birth! how awesome is that!
-why exactly should i want a mix of myself and other person?
-she went blank-faced because she couldn't comprehend how could you be that cold-hearted, frenzy! i bet she didn't even realize that she'd mentioned 'IT'S ALL ABOUT ME, ME, ME' reasons as you'd pointed in your argument.
November 17, 2011
felisdomestica
frenzy
She couldn't do it.
She went blankfaced.
Idiot.

- FOUR?? when i was in high school i didn't even want a single one of it!
- you never know. because you don't want kids but making kids is a miracle; you don't know when a miracle is given upon you! you could be the first person in the modern time who experience virgin birth! how awesome is that!
-why exactly should i want a mix of myself and other person?
-she went blank-faced because she couldn't comprehend how could you be that cold-hearted, frenzy! i bet she didn't even realize that she'd mentioned 'IT'S ALL ABOUT ME, ME, ME' reasons as you'd pointed in your argument.

She's always struck me as a bumpkin so I wasn't too surprised.
And she's stuck raising her sister's kids (saying 'wtf') .
Eh, I breeze through that class and she always needs my help.
Shows what she's gonna do with her life.
And mind you, I am number challenged, so.
Lol, nice CCL!
I love to counter bingoes.
It's fun for me to fight back and boggle the wannabreeds here.
bouncing and laughing

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
November 18, 2011
I used to just listen to the bingos, but now I have started fighting back. I get a lot of responses by reading my two CF boards. Lots of them I can't WAIT to use. At least I'm past the 'you'll change your mind' stage. Now I am in the 'you missed so much' stage. Boy, do I have a library of replys to that one now.
Anonymous User
November 19, 2011
I just got bingoed by my dad. The same parents who have been telling me for years not to have kids and not screw up my future were horrified that I am looking into getting Essure/ tubes tied. To quote my father, "don't you dare!". they think that just because they couldn't conceive and had to adopt that everyone wants to have kids. These are the same people who were so hyper vigilant about me being out with boys and made me (under the table so God couldn't see) get plan B after the rapes, that now are telling me that "don't i dare" get sterilized, and i must just be in 'one of my moods'. Sighhhhh
November 20, 2011
togspled
I just got bingoed by my dad. The same parents who have been telling me for years not to have kids and not screw up my future were horrified that I am looking into getting Essure/ tubes tied. To quote my father, "don't you dare!". they think that just because they couldn't conceive and had to adopt that everyone wants to have kids. These are the same people who were so hyper vigilant about me being out with boys and made me (under the table so God couldn't see) get plan B after the rapes, that now are telling me that "don't i dare" get sterilized, and i must just be in 'one of my moods'. Sighhhhh

Dare.
Your body is yours. No one else has any right to it. Do as you like.
November 20, 2011
My husband said he got bingo-ed at work the other day. Apparently he got hit up with the classic line, "My life meant nothing until I had teh bay-beez!" from a breeder co-worker. He looked this cow in the eyes and said, "So, are you telling me that MY LIFE MEANS NOTHING????" Then she got scared and started to back-pedal and whatnot. If I had been there, I probably would have shot laser beams out of my eyes :eyebrows
November 22, 2011
This isn't mine, but I found it on FML and had to share.

Today, I was happily playing with my young niece and nephew. Their grandmother was watching and said, "You are so good with children! Why don't you have any?" My husband died 3 months ago. FML

Whatabitch!
November 26, 2011
My BF, who I live with, told me about a conversation he had with his father over the phone recently. Despite him telling his parents for years (before he even met stubbornly childfree me) that he never wants kids, they don't seem to have gotten the message as has been made abundantly clear on numerous occasions

"Just wait until you have kids," his father told him. There it was, the classic assumption that the life-script is an inevitability, that everyone wants and will have kids some day. How lacking in imagination.

After my BF reminded his father that he will never have kids, his father replied, "You say that, but sometimes kids just happen." #$##@%##$@#$!!!!

I absolutely hate that attitude. Kids do not just happen! That sort of irresponsible attitude to the direction and control of one's own life makes me absolutely sick! :x Children are not brought by the stork. They do not "just happen."

What's worse is that he was presumably speaking about the use of my uterus, as if it was his business to comment on. It's hard not to be personally offended.

My BF, being much more tactful that I would have managed to be, reminded his father that I've been "fixed," and didn't bring up abortion, as I happily would have.
November 27, 2011
Nah, I wouldn't be personally offended if I were you. It's your BF who should be offended, as his own father seems to think his son can't handle the responsibility of pregnancy prevention himself.
November 27, 2011
GeorgeX
But this is fact: I am not saying all of you, but SOME of you, if you got pregnant and gave birth would have hormonal changes that would alter your thinking to be pro motherhood. There are many examples of women who never thought they really wanted to have kids until they actually had one, and who now could not imagine their lives any other way. There are also many 40+ year olds who have come to now regret never having kids. These are just facts. My ex girlfriend is a grade school teacher who has never wanted kids and I never tried to dissuade her from her choice so don't be hating on me too much.

1)What peer-reviewed, scholarly journals did you read to back up your "facts"? I'll answer my own question: No journals for GeorgeX. They're too hard for him to understand because he's a functional illiterate (as evidenced by the sentence fragment "don't be hating on me too much").

All you've done is spew the same tired anecdotal bullshit that we've heard before...we'd change our minds after we shat out a loaf...when we're middle aged we might regret it...blah, blah, blah. sleeping
November 27, 2011
GeorgeX
But this is fact: I am not saying all of you, but SOME of you, if you got pregnant and gave birth would have hormonal changes that would alter your thinking to be pro motherhood. There are many examples of women who never thought they really wanted to have kids until they actually had one, and who now could not imagine their lives any other way. There are also many 40+ year olds who have come to now regret never having kids. These are just facts.

What a load of shit.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
November 27, 2011
'GeorgeX', you are so full of shit it hurts. This is a BRAT FREE board, go away.

The irony that this douchetard bingoed us on the 'I got bingo-ed' thread is almost funny.
November 27, 2011
If I got pregnant I WOULD NOT be pro moohood, but I would be a lot more pro abortion than I am now.
November 27, 2011
Oh, look, a troll.

GeorgeX
Y'all are way too sensitive! If you are truly secure in your decision not to have kids then why would it bother you when others give you their opinion? I would think that in most cases they honestly think they are giving helpful advice.

Undermining someone else's personal decisions, or trying to manipulate someone else's behavior, is not "helpful advice."

I don't see how being secure in my decision means that I have to tolerate being insulted for it.

GeorgeX
I don't have a problem with anybody choosing not to procreate. But this is fact: I am not saying all of you, but SOME of you, if you got pregnant and gave birth would have hormonal changes that would alter your thinking to be pro motherhood. There are many examples of women who never thought they really wanted to have kids until they actually had one, and who now could not imagine their lives any other way. There are also many 40+ year olds who have come to now regret never having kids. These are just facts. My ex girlfriend is a grade school teacher who has never wanted kids and I never tried to dissuade her from her choice so don't be hating on me too much.

Oh, look, the completely irrational "you'll love them once they're here," bingo, that flies in the face of reality as demonstrated by every single regretful parent. Yeah, those hormones? Turns out they're not fucking magic. A casual stroll through a Planned Parenthood can show you that.

It's a fact that there are people who regret never having kids? And these are people who chose not to have kids rather than people who weren't able to? Prove it. Citation fucking needed. I'll wait.

"... don't be hating..." Perhaps you should sit in with the grade school students on a class so your ex can teach you English.

Also, to the "Having kids is selfish, should just adopt" crowd I say this: We are all lucky enough to grow up in a world full of reasonable and productive people. But the fact is if all the reasonable and responsible and productive people decided to stop having biological kids and started adopting then the percentages of messed up, irresponsible, and criminally minded people in the population would start to grow and the world really would go to pot. Already I think this is the case actually, as in general, the more responsible one is the less children they are choosing to have and the later in life they are deciding to start having them (if at all).

What total and complete bullshit, completely divorced from all reality.

----------------------------------------------

ANYWAY, taking the thread back...

I didn't learn this until after my earlier post, but after my BF reminded his father that I've been fixed, so, no, we'd be having no "accidents," his father responded, "well, there's always adoption."

Why does this guy think I got fixed and my BF supported that in the first place? What part of "no kids," is so damned hard to understand? The mind boggles.

Oh, and I told my BF to tell his father that he's a horrible salesman. That kids are horribly expensive to the extend that our dog's veterinary bills will pale in comparison is hardly a selling point to have some.
November 28, 2011
satansbitch
If I got pregnant I WOULD NOT be pro moohood, but I would be a lot more pro abortion than I am now.

SAME HERE.

My husband would be taking me directly to the clinic to get that little parasite removed. I have NIGHTMARES about being impregnated (and I tend to wake up with a sore abdomen from beating myself in my sleep to get rid of it). I would never be a moo. This guy is a fucking retard.
November 28, 2011
I'm not sensitive, i'm fucking sick and tired of weirdos like you telling me what i shoulddo with my cunt and how i should live my live. If i didn't ask for advice then KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF! I don't need it.

And the fact that you ended up on childFREE board bingoing us proves who is the insecure one.
November 28, 2011
Why is it that when you get 'fixed' they always say "you can adopt" ???? My father was after me with the adoption bingo till ..almost litterly... the day he died. I think the last time he mentioned it to me was in the hospital between bouts of meds that knocked him silly. I was 44 at the time.

My aunt (his sister) held it against me for the rest of her life that I did not 'provide my parunts with a grandbrat' She dispised my poodles for that reason.. because I know she generally liked dogs. I just don't get what part of 'I simply do not want any' that they can't understand. I can fully understand someone wanting one..or wanting a cat over a dog... or craving to adopt... so why can't they understand when I do not want kids? Most CF's I know do have pets. We do know how to love and nurture.. we just don't want to shower it on our little dna replica.

Oh geeze... then there's the 'you don't know real love' :BS I would never say 'you don't know what unconditional love is till you have a (insert pet here)' Why do they feel the need to comment on my ability to have emotions?
November 28, 2011
starlady
Why is it that when you get 'fixed' they always say "you can adopt" ???? My father was after me with the adoption bingo till ..almost litterly... the day he died. I think the last time he mentioned it to me was in the hospital between bouts of meds that knocked him silly. I was 44 at the time.

My aunt (his sister) held it against me for the rest of her life that I did not 'provide my parunts with a grandbrat' She dispised my poodles for that reason.. because I know she generally liked dogs. I just don't get what part of 'I simply do not want any' that they can't understand. I can fully understand someone wanting one..or wanting a cat over a dog... or craving to adopt... so why can't they understand when I do not want kids? Most CF's I know do have pets. We do know how to love and nurture.. we just don't want to shower it on our little dna replica.

Oh geeze... then there's the 'you don't know real love' :BS I would never say 'you don't know what unconditional love is till you have a (insert pet here)' Why do they feel the need to comment on my ability to have emotions?

I'm just amazed at the phrase "provide parents with grandchildren," as if they're owed that or something. As if the grandparents would immediately take custody of the kid, and have it be their responsibility. It's just such nonsense.
November 28, 2011
satansbitch

So true-true-true, Ms. Satan!
screw hormonal changes, not all people are governed by their id. we actually capable to think on our own.
November 28, 2011
Got sort of passive aggressively bingoed by the 'rents over Thanksgiving. For ten years the Man Partner and I have visited them over that holiday but this year he wanted to go visit his elderly sisters instead, which I highly recommended since he doesn't get to see them very much and they're never in one place together. So this was a rare occasion during which I, an only child, just spent Thanksgiving alone with my somewhat aging (knees are starting to give out, otherwise they're fine) parents.

They wanted to take me out to breakfast before I drove back home Friday and there is a Panera near them, which is an absolutely shitty place to go for breakfast when you have blood sugar issues, as I carefully explained to them for the upteenth time......but they usually make these little egg souffle thingies and I figured I could just get one of those to get some morning protein in my system instead of all the usual bagels, danishes, and muffin crap that are the only things they sell there in the morning.

We get there, and of course they're all out of souffles and tell us they're not even going to make anymore because it takes an hour. Um, okay.

So I put LOTS OF CREAM CHEESE on a bagel and hope for the best, figuring I'll grab a burger after I hit the highway on my way home.

Paneras just fucking suck. They are always filled with breeders and loads of kids, especially this one near my parents' place. I was trying to have a nice conversation over coffee with my parents and of course this was impossible because very small brats were literally crawling all over the place like disgusting worms.

I figure, I'm out of here in ten minutes, so I'll just try to chill and enjoy being with my folks before I head home.

My dad gets up to get some coffee and my mom mentions something to me --- that the main reason why my dad likes to come there for breakfast on the weekends is to BE AROUND THE KIDS.

Because, you know, I'm the childfree only child who isn't shitting out any loaves.

What's so fucked about that is he wasn't into kids at ALL during all the years I was a kid. It's not like he interacted with many of them or showed much interest in them. Admittedly, I was a pretty indulged and spoiled only child, and he had his moments, but really I've only enjoyed my relationship with him since I could relate to him on an adult level since he could be very scary and angry and emotionally, almost physically, abusive when I was growing up.

So why the fuck is there suddenly this desire to be around other people's kids?

Even if I HAD had kids sometime within the past ten years, my parents are overweight and can't move around very much, so they couldn't even have ever babysat or been helpful to me as grandparents. So there appears to be some weird, late life crisis going on there.

I was VERY happy to get out of there.
November 28, 2011
Oh my father liked to go places where there were kids too, He'd watch them with a stupid grin on his face. Would drive me nuts when he'd interact with them in front of me (as a CF adult) Ofcourse an older man watching kids in a public place with a dumb grin on his face could be considered a bit weird... but... that's what he did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login