Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo asks, "Could I have PPD (Post Partum Depression) for SIX years?":litebulb

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1282287/ppd-over-a-period-of-years

"I have been pregnant as follows

Nov 2004-July 2005 (resulted in stillbirth at 35w3d)

Mar 07-Nov 07 (healthy baby girl)

Sept 08-Nov 08 (miscarriage at 11 weeks)

Feb 09-Nov 09 (healthy baby boy)

sept/Oct 10-present (currently approx 8 weeks)

I have had a history of depression my whole life.. I first recognized it around age 8, but this past approx 6 years I have been feeling so bad, I want to check myself into a hospital. I have feelings of being OK, usually around the time I go to therapy (it figures).. but a few days later I am back to feeling lethargic, anxious, sad... antidepressants seem to work for a while but then I just start feeling awful again. Could I be in the midst of a 6-year bout with PPD? did my hormones just never go back to normal? Or is this just part of regular depression?

I am so tired of feeling like this! Thanks for any help.
Kerri, mom to Doran (born still 7/6/05), Mairaed (3 years old) and Kieran (1 year old). New baby coming July 2011"

saying 'wtf' In order to have POST partum depression one first has to be UNpregnant and the udder milk factory shut down for more than five minutes! MY GOD! This moo has been inpig and/or had a suckling attached to a teat since 2004! WHY I have to wonder does she keep getting knocked up and especially since she already suffered from depression anyway, but now it's so severe that she wants to check into a hospital AND she's eight weeks INPIG again? This is an Andrea Yates just waiting to happen and why she or her husband can't see it is beyond me. What could be the purpose in this perpetual state of inpigness if she is SO unhappy? She can't be a good moo to the current kyds if she wants to check herself into a nuthouse, IMO.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I would hazard a guess that she suffers from postpartum psychosis. Hide any sharp objects now.

A small minority follow a relapsing pattern, usually related to the menstrual cycle. Mothers who suffer a puerperal episode are liable to other manic depressive or acute polymorphic episodes, some of which occur after other children are born, some during pregnancy or after an abortion, and some unrelated to childbearing. Puerperal recurrences occur after at least 20% of subsequent deliveries, or over 50% if depressive episodes are included.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postpartum_psychosis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Buyer's remorse, plain and simple.
"...mom to Doran (born still 7/6/05)..."

Is this "normal" for a moo to refer to a dead baybee who was still born as 1)"Mom to" and 2) "born still"? I haven't noticed other moos using this terminology and God knows I have lurked on their forums enough in the past couple of years to gather comedic material for our fodder. Perhaps I just overlooked it, but I don't remember ever having seen this particular terminology and I think that it's weird.:crz

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I've seen "born sleeping" but not that. But then, this is MDC. I'm not quite sure anything they do there is normal. They seem to be a rather nutty lot.
kidlesskim

Is this "normal" for a moo to refer to a dead baybee who was still born as 1)"Mom to" and 2) "born still"? I haven't noticed other moos using this terminology and God knows I have lurked on their forums enough in the past couple of years to gather comedic material for our fodder. Perhaps I just overlooked it, but I don't remember ever having seen this particular terminology and I think that it's weird.:crz

It IS weird and very similar to that obituary I posted about a couple months ago that read "John is survived by 4 children, 8 grandchildren, and one on the way." The notion of a dead person being "survived" by an unborn one is just.....creepy. :crz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
CrabCake
kidlesskim

It IS weird and very similar to that obituary I posted about a couple months ago that read "John is survived by 4 children, 8 grandchildren, and one on the way." The notion of a dead person being "survived" by an unborn one is just.....creepy. :crz

I think that it's creepy as hell too and it makes me wonder how she would have referred to it if it had been born alive, but then died shortly thereafter. Would it be, "Born moving, but later turned still".? In those cases they probably consider it a live birth and just refer to it as a child who died even if it was born without a brain, but breathing for a few minutes. I haven't really delved into their dead baybee etiquette any further than to create my "Hierarchy of Moo Losses" chart. which refers to which type of child loss and at what age is entitled to the most sympathy, attention and grief. I'm not sure that the dead baybee etiquette is a field of study which I have the time or inclination to pursue at this time, although I'll keep it on the back burner for a rainy day.:Violin

kidlesskim

I have seen (1) quite often, to the point that I was surprised that her second miscarriage at two-missed-periods wasn't listed or named! (She also deviated by not listing the age of the living kids in months, or giving birth dates in her sig.)

I haven't seen (2) before, and at first I thought it was just someone unfamiliar with the actual term (as in 'honor row'), but the rest of her post seems to be free of the usual glaring errors that decorate the CL-beggar style of breeder. My guess is that she's trying to be cutesy about it, and thinks that 'born still' has a less negative connotation than 'stillborn'. Who knows what goes on in the brain of a breeder?
I've seen the 'born still' and 'angel babies' shit a lot over on the Commode too. It's normal to them, which immediately means it's abnormal by sane standards. It doesn't matter what cute or PC name they give it, the fact of the matter is they've got a dead kid. Same shit as calling retards "neurotypical" - changing the name does not change the condition.
Hell, I'd probably be depressed too if I spent the better part of the last six years pregnant or dealing with a loaf. But the thing is this was not an unavoidable thing - nobody held this bitch down and forced her to have kids. So if she's depressed, it's her own fucking fault. I'm assuming she's one of those delightful morons who keeps having baybees to try and fix the depression the last one caused. Fabulous.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login