Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mommy "business" cards? :wtf

Posted by CrabCake 
Mommy "business" cards? :wtf
January 30, 2011
I was signing out of eBay and was presented with a large ad for VistaPrint that showed....mommy cards. What a pathetic attention-whoring waste of money!!

http://www.vistaprint.com/mommy-cards.aspx

Gotta love the ones that subtly reveal the loss of identity, with the moo title in bigger font and above her actual name:

DYSENTEREIGH'S MOMMY
Lisa Taylor

And I see they have some for the kids themselves too. For arranging the all-important play dates, no doubt. :crz

Sooo ridiculous!! eye rolling smiley

ETA: I was looking through the selections and found this one for moos to attention-whore their defecto-brats' peanut "allergies." BWAHAHA! Which makes me realize we could have loads of fun coming up with breeder designs of our own............:satan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Re: Mommy "business" cards? :wtf
January 30, 2011
What a collosal waste of money! If anyone handed me one of these "cards" it would go in the trash immediately. It's just sad when a woman loses her identity and can only be known as so-and-so's mommy.
January 30, 2011
vistaprint does some nice cards though-mine has some of my artwork on it and says "illustrator".
January 30, 2011
We've used Vistaprint, too. Unfortunately, Moomies are a big demographic and they're just trying to make $$$$.
January 30, 2011
That's pathetic. Why can't they just use their card from work...oops they don't work!
January 30, 2011
This is one of the MOST ridiculous things that I have heard in quite some time. A moo calling card, and for WHAT purpose?waving hellolarious

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
January 30, 2011
Wow, and these cards look so damn professional, too!

What do the Moos do, hand them out to each other at the playdate to show off, as the catty Nellie Olsen did to Laura and her friends in Little Town on the Prairie? (Remember how that backfired and Laura ended up handing her plain name card to Almanzo Wilder before Nellie could force her flowery one into his hand?) bouncing and laughing

What for the Moommy business card wars! (How can I get a piece of this action...?) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
January 30, 2011
Sorceress
We've used Vistaprint, too. Unfortunately, Moomies are a big demographic and they're just trying to make $$$$.
I notice they're not on the ever present "free" offer.

Of course it's mind-bogglingly stupid, but I don't blame VP for trying to make money out of it.
They have to somewhere- it's possible to end up in profit with their freebies lol.
January 30, 2011
hey-not knocking vistaprint for it-if people want it and are willing to cough up cah for it, nothing wrong with profiting off of it.
January 30, 2011
zatoth
hey-not knocking vistaprint for it-if people want it and are willing to cough up cah for it, nothing wrong with profiting off of it.

It sounds like a great service and I cannot blame businesses for jumping on ways to get Moos to cough up more $$! Another damn hilarious idea that I did not come up with! Dammit! smile rolling left righteyes2
January 30, 2011
ShimmyMuse
What do the Moos do, hand them out to each other at the playdate to show off, as the catty Nellie Olsen did to Laura and her friends in Little Town on the Prairie? (Remember how that backfired and Laura ended up handing her plain name card to Almanzo Wilder before Nellie could force her flowery one into his hand?) bouncing and laughing

Was that from the tv series? I recently re-read the books and recall that Nellie was constantly turning her nose up at "westerners" and bragging that she and her family were from 'back East'. Turns out that behavior was a cover to deflect how dirt poor her family really was (apparently they lost their fortune between books). Nellie bragged about having obtained calling cards from 'back East' when she actually hadn't. Laura got hers first; Nellie turned up with her own set at school a few days later that obviously came from the same printer who designed Laura's.

It looks like someone has decided to partially revive a 19th century social custom. A good novel set in that time period is '..And Ladies of the Club' by Helen Hooven Santmyer

However quaint the original ritual was, trust modern day moos to take it to a level beyond fatuous into downright puke-worthy.
January 30, 2011
ROFL! I just said to my husband, "Guess who has business cards now? Mommees!"

He replied, "Hi! Legs - open for business."

:biggrin2

It's your hell; you rot in it!
January 30, 2011
I don't see what Moos need business cards for. what, are they going to list all their "occupations" - as in the ones they demand they be compensated for every Mother's Day to the tune of six figures? Maybe a title like "Child Support Collection Agent" or "Interior Vehicular Temperature Control Warden (L'il Sizzler supporter)" or "Seminal Fluid Receptacle/Procreation Production Director" would be more appropriate.

But Vistaprint is smart to sell to Moos, as they will spend loads of money on shit that glorifies their crappy life choices to make them feel better about themselves. Moomies are good for one thing: as an audience to sell to. Because they will buy anything if it's aimed at them.
January 31, 2011
kidlesskim
This is one of the MOST ridiculous things that I have heard in quite some time. A moo calling card, and for WHAT purpose?waving hellolarious

To drop in the fishbowl at local restaurants and cafes so they can reap free offers.
January 31, 2011
Cambion
Moomies are good for one thing: as an audience to sell to. Because they will buy anything if it's aimed at them.

Unless it's breastfeeding covers or the like - then you can forget it.
January 31, 2011
This is ridiculous. Nearly anyone can have a kid, big deal. Not everyone can be an EMT, or a professor, or a writer, or a doctor, or a plumber. Those folks with specialized skills and training are perfectly justified in having a professional business card to hand out as needed. As for me I have zero need for any mommie's "business" card. More over-compensation.
Anonymous User
January 31, 2011
ShimmyMuse
Wow, and these cards look so damn professional, too!

What for the Moommy business card wars! (How can I get a piece of this action...?) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

waving hellolarious

I think that any moo who actually buys these cards is incapable of getting a nice, simple one. Moos always think bigger is better. Or fancier, in this case.
February 01, 2011
You know the next thing they'll be wanting is for the company to give them out for free! Or registering for them for baby shower gifts. They should get them free, you know, because they're Mawwwms and do sooooooo much that the rest of the world doesn't do.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login