Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yeah, and I'd like CF-friendly flights, too ...

Posted by Dorisan 
Yeah, and I'd like CF-friendly flights, too ...
June 01, 2011
... is my general response to Parents Want More Family Friendly Airports

If the airlines can pony up for crap like:

soft play areas at airports
areas where kid-oriented TV shows or films could be offered
special play areas restricted to the under-five crowd
video game zones
storytelling services
stroller rentals
a kids’ café and bar with complimentary refreshments

..then they can also create an environment more friendly to non-child-burdened travelers. I myself wouldn't ask for much, just a section in the plane that is strictly for adults.
Re: Yeah, and I'd like CF-friendly flights, too ...
June 01, 2011
I work for an international airline. If we could afford this shit, we would still have food on airplanes and free checked bags.

Parents need to entertain their own cooter shooters. It is not our job to do so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 01, 2011
Dorisan
... is my general response to Parents Want More Family Friendly Airports

If the airlines can pony up for crap like:

soft play areas at airports
areas where kid-oriented TV shows or films could be offered
special play areas restricted to the under-five crowd
video game zones
storytelling services
stroller rentals
a kids’ café and bar with complimentary refreshments

..then they can also create an environment more friendly to non-child-burdened travelers. I myself wouldn't ask for much, just a section in the plain that is strictly for adults.

99.6% of everything in the US is "family friendly," and what doesn't pass as being friendly for families, society is trying to *force* to be friendly toward families. (R Rated movies, Las Vegas, expensive restaurants...)

The common thread among breeders is an arrogance and an entitled feeling that they want and deserve special treatment and circumstances... and that this special treatment should be financially subsidized by those who don't have children. This kind of entitlement threatens long term stability of any society because it delivers the message that some people are inherently more important than others, based on something other than merit.

CF'ers want CF flights.... so isn't that the same kind of attitude? Not exactly. CF'ers want CF flights but are in my estimation perfectly willing to pay the extra money it would take to secure such an arrangement. They want something that would actually benefit all members of society and are willing to pay for it. Breeders want something that will benefit themselves only and want someone else (childfree people) to pay for it. That's ass backwards.
June 01, 2011
navi8orgirl
I work for an international airline. If we could afford this shit, we would still have food on airplanes and free checked bags.

Exactly. The thing that really gets me about this is not so much that the parents want this shit but that they want it for FREE! As if the "Kids Fly Free" and lap baybee bullshit isn't enough! It's never enough when it comes to these selfish fuckers.

cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck angry flipping off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
June 01, 2011
Storytelling services? Can't breeders bring some books and read to their sprogs themselves?
Complimentary Refreshments? Who is supposed to pay for all of this BS? Oh yeah, I forgot...the rest of us!
Video Game Zone? When I was a kyd and had to wait in airports or travel, none of this stuff was available to me, and I did just fine with a puzzle book and such.
Breeders are becoming more demanding as time goes on. Perhaps they'd like someone to baybeesit their loaves and brats, have titfeeders handy as well as free nanny services on flights and in airports so they don't have to do anything for themselves anymore.
I'm sure if they got all those things and more, they'd still be demanding more, or whatever was offered wouldn't be good enough for their precious little snowflakes.
June 01, 2011
Where exactly do these breeders think the money for these amenities is going to come from? The prices are bad enough as is, if all these "free" kid-friendly things are added it's going to make it a lot worse.
June 01, 2011
Whatever happened to the simple joy and excitement of just sitting by the windows and watching the planes take off? Anyone remember going to the airport as a sort of cheap kid entertainment thing, and you would watch the planes take off and land? It was the coolest thing when I was little.

I have two really great nieces who are very well behaved thanks to my brother's strict hand. But, they travel a lot. The older adopted one is 14 and the other is 11. In the past five years they've been to China, Mexico (numerous times), Caribbean cruises, Costa Rica, all over the states, Montreal, Banff, Germany, Greece, Hawaii, and the list goes on.

The 14 y/o recently posted on her FB, words to the effect, "Riding in the convertible with the top down and singing songs with K (younger sister). Can it get any worse?"

At least my brother said, "Life doesn't get much better than that!"
I replied, "I've got this song in my head, can't think of the name of it, but it was done by The World's Smallest Violin..."

My brother is pretty much 99.9% PNB, but even he has his "the world should be child friendly" moments. He actually said that Pan's Labyrinth COULD have been a kid's movie.
What the FUCK are shitlings doing on planes anyway? Do these dumb breeder shits think an infant or toddler is going to remember going to see Grandma in Dubuque? On other boards I've asked this question and, of course, breeders got butthurt. "What if they're going to a FUNERAL???" Yeah, like all the squalling turds at the airport are on their way to a funeral or to see a relative on their deathbed.
June 02, 2011
One of the few times I've flown in the past ten years was for a funeral. My dad's funeral. Actually, he wasn't dead yet. He had a stroke/heart attack after surgery for esophogeal cancer and was on life support. I live over 2000 miles from them.

When the flight I was on was cancelled, and we all had to be un-boarded, noone cared about my plight. The airport employee acted as if I was going on vacation and no big deal if I didn't have a boat drink later rather than sooner.

I did get there after a delay. Since my sister didn't know where my flight was, she wasn't at the gate. I was wandering around the gate area all alone until I heard my sister say my name and she looked at me and said, "He's gone."

Where's MY free flight, Southwest?
June 02, 2011
Oh for fuck's sake....Put the dagnam famblies in the fucking cargo area so they can marinate in their own fucking stench and noise without bothering the rest of us.
Problem solved.
June 02, 2011
Instead of catering to the famblees they need to create more deterrents. Kids don't need to be flying anyway. Isn't it bad for their ears or something? I can think of few reasons that a kid would need to board a plane and this free baybee sitting on the lap thing is dangerous for baybee AND the other passengers. That ten pound bundle of joy becomes a dangerous projectile in the event of certain air emergencies and is a health and safety risk to all on board as well as to himself. The last thing we need is to entice them further by turning the airports into fucking kinder cares and playlands.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 02, 2011
starvingauthor
Where exactly do these breeders think the money for these amenities is going to come from? The prices are bad enough as is, if all these "free" kid-friendly things are added it's going to make it a lot worse.

Believe me...the prices are not remotely close to what they should be.

Noodler, I am in my 40s and STILL consider airplanes entertaining. It never fails to intrigue me that 200 tons of steel can fly. (And I had sat down one day next to a mother who announced her kid was autistic and she pointed out that I worked there....I actually dreaded that, but turns out the kid was not that bad though he peppered me with questions about airplanes. If a "not all his dogs on one leash" kid with the attention span of a gnat is entertained by airplanes, how can other kids not be.)

As for the parents, let the kid play with your MacBook, your iPhone, bring it some books, stop being a cheapass and buy one of those 50 dollar DVD players. Pack it some snacks....bring a water bottle with those little packs of Kool Aid. Problems solved.

I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
The flight area can be CF, as in anyone traveling without a child. Why do parents, with their children with them, assume that any adult without a child with them, has no children?

They assume that all people in restaurants without children at their table are giving them the stinkeye as their 2 yr old stands on the table and shrieks. Well, those adults MUST be CF and don't understand! No, ALL people are annoyed by a shrieking loaf in a restaurant.

And, don't forget: if you don't have a child with you, you MUST be CF, AND you're an alcoholic and party all the time and go to work hungover every day.
June 02, 2011
the noodler
Whatever happened to the simple joy and excitement of just sitting by the windows and watching the planes take off? Anyone remember going to the airport as a sort of cheap kid entertainment thing, and you would watch the planes take off and land? It was the coolest thing when I was little.

OK, I am not a kyd anymore, but this is still exciting for me. I didn't need a DVD or a goddamn PSP!
June 02, 2011
I'm pretty sure those days are gone; when we dropped my nephew off at Jacksonville International last week, he went into an area with frosted windows that was passengers only and that was it. No one is allowed to watch the planes come and go from the windows anymore. The airport was a pretty boring place. But that being said, there's no reason people and their damn brats have to be on planes, either. We saw some parunts going in there with at least three cuntshits in tow and a huge fucking stroller. That's not gonna inconvenience the staff or other passengers at all. He also said on his flight back, there was someone with a baybee sitting in front of him and the thing screamed for the whole flight and could be heard even with earbuds jammed in and music blasting.
If an airline does try this, which I doubt any will be stupid enough to do, the irony will be that ,when they go bust, it will be not because the cf and anyone who isn't forced to endure all things brat will understandably choose to go elsewhere, but because soon after,all those whinging breeders will also fly cheaper because Moo Air is toooo expeeennnnnsiiiive.

By the way, it seems that if a moo and Its larvae sit next to you and there is actual contact with the thing or it otherwise disturbs you, and you repeatedly but politely complain,the moo will actually face consequences. A friend of mine got a moo moved on a flight earlier this week. I dunno what airline, but aparently, the far stricter than in the past laws can be used to keep moos with noisy,grabby,grubby spawn in check IF you word your complaints the right way.(I soooo hope this becomes the norm)
June 02, 2011
Snark Shark
FUCK THE FAMILIES!!! Give us TALL PEOPLE some MOTHERFUCKIN' LEGROOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! I'm only 5'8 and I flew an airline different from the one I usually fly recently. Seat in front of me was against my fucking knees in the upright position. Then the bitch in front of me had to go Barcolounging batshit crazy and recline so they were crushed hard enough so that the air in my water bottle popped the top off and splashed water on them.

Poor dude next to me was in the middle seat and at least 6' tall. Asshole in front of him also went Barcolounging batshit crazy and he had no choice but to straddle the seat in front of him with his legs so he could fit them in the space without cutting them off. Which meant he was in the space of the folks on either side of him (me and the window seat person). I knew he couldn't help it but it made for an uncomfortable flight.

Paid an extra $50 to "upgrade" to an exit row seat on the way home. It was either that or try to persuade a friend with prescribing powers to get me some Xanax. Which didn't feel morally ok to me. But I'm definitely asking my doctor for some the next time I fly.

Oh in addition to some leg room. I'd like free martinis and free chocolate ice cream for dessert. And how about some of that world peace?
June 03, 2011
FUCK THE FAMBLEES!!! FUCK THE FAMBLEES!!! FUCK THE FAMBLEES!!!
Snark Shark
nokids4me
Snark Shark
FUCK THE FAMILIES!!! Give us TALL PEOPLE some MOTHERFUCKIN' LEGROOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! I'm only 5'8 and I flew an airline different from the one I usually fly recently.

I'm 6 ft. and that's mostly legs!

Snap! (As in I'm 6feet tall ,mostly legs, too, not as in snap legs, though they feel like it after having to sit too long in a seats that must have been designed by someone with claustrophobia in reverse)
June 03, 2011
The extra legroom is the way to go, and the upgrades at the gate are not much more.

And I can't even get free martinis and I work there....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login