Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So much for not being able to lift a finger while pregnat

Posted by Melanie 
So much for not being able to lift a finger while pregnat
August 14, 2011
Just caught part of one of those Turner Classic Movies biographical fillers; this one was about Debbie Reynolds, narrated by her daughter. Among other tidbits, she noted that Reynolds made three movies while pregnant, doing some pretty athletic dancing in each -- one clip from "Bundle of Joy" (ironically) showed a slim, trim Reynolds being tossed around by male co-dancers, doing high jumps and otherwise belying the standard moo cry of today that they are too delicate and hormonal to shower let alone lift a finger around the house, prepare their own meals to freeze for post-delivery consumption (let the village do it instead), keep their homes clean, etc.

Honestly when you think of what 20th century (and before) women went through to succeed in being taken seriously -- it's annoying to think it's all being undone by these lazy-ass special snowflakes who think that letting sperm meet egg inside their bodies is some sort of spectacular feat that renders them as delicate as a cobweb and absolves them from the need for any other effort or toil on this planet.

I actually remember one moocow thread somewhere recently where the moron was worried about getting a massage while "TTC" lest it disrupt any potential zygote! I mean, you can't make this stuff up! Can you imagine the looks on the faces of dancers, athletes, factory workers, cleaners, servers and others who worked strenuous jobs while gestating?
Re: So much for not being able to lift a finger while pregnat
August 14, 2011
According to a recent SELF magazine, they can run while pregnant... bouncing and laughing

lab mom
August 14, 2011
I used to ride horses competitively, and there were some trainers and riders who were in the irons up until the 9th month.

This whole "I am so special because I am pregnant" bullshit is borne out of Generation X and their failure Boomer divorced parents giving them whatever they want because of guilt. No one gave a crap about things like attachment parenting and all these other dramatic parenting/pregnancy things until my generation started squeezing out babies.

We suck.
My mom was playing baseball while 3 weeks overdue with me!
She played sports, worked, did housework, etc, etc, etc during her entire pregnancy and OMG we both survived it ALL!!!:hs
Moos today are spoiled fucking brats! They use their pregnancies as an excuse to lay around for 9+ months eating fried pickles and ice cream, whining, bitching and making everyone around them into their slaves!
That shit didn't fly 30 years ago!:Violin
August 15, 2011
kidsuck
My mom was playing baseball while 3 weeks overdue with me!
She played sports, worked, did housework, etc, etc, etc during her entire pregnancy and OMG we both survived it ALL!!!:hs
Moos today are spoiled fucking brats! They use their pregnancies as an excuse to lay around for 9+ months eating fried pickles and ice cream, whining, bitching and making everyone around them into their slaves!
That shit didn't fly 30 years ago!:Violin

This.

lab mom
First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Turner Classic Movies -- I'm so thankful I get to "indulge" my hobbies/interests since I don't have freakin' kids.

Anyway, I've read about a million bios of classic stars, and they ALL worked their asses off while pregnant. Our whole coddled culture is so ridiculous when it comes to pregnancy....hell, if women in SOMALIA can keep churning 'em out, I don't see why fat, lazy pregnant American women have anything to fear.
August 15, 2011
surfinbird
I used to ride horses competitively, and there were some trainers and riders who were in the irons up until the 9th month.

This whole "I am so special because I am pregnant" bullshit is borne out of Generation X and their failure Boomer divorced parents giving them whatever they want because of guilt. No one gave a crap about things like attachment parenting and all these other dramatic parenting/pregnancy things until my generation started squeezing out babies.

We suck.

I was training for a marathon with a woman who was five months along; she ran the Disney Marathon (all 26.2 miles of it) in under 4 hours while almost 8 months pregnant. IronMAN my ass.

I have seen plenty of examples of women who managed to have babies and lead a life. None resemble the pampered princesses prancing around like bloated water buffalo that pass as mommies to be today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 15, 2011
yes, pregnant women in the past did NOT lay around eating hotpockets whilst watching jerry springer all damn day and they certainly did not get 2-3 months maternity leave, special parking spaces, etc.

i was reading an article about michelle bachmann in the new yorker recently and the article mentioned how she was a tax attorney when she was younger. some of the people who worked with her at the IRS are still there and told the interviewer that she wasn't much of an attorney - she hardly ever litigated because she was constantly taking pregnancy leave, which the government is generous in doling out. they said she would go on leave, come back and get light assignments until she got knocked up again, and that they had to do the share of her work. hmmmm....seems like not much has changed in the workplace.

@surfinbird: i am SO jealous you used to do equestrian stuff! i love horses but have never even sat on one. do you still ride?

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
August 15, 2011
myrna minkoff

i was reading an article about michelle bachmann in the new yorker recently and the article mentioned how she was a tax attorney when she was younger. some of the people who worked with her at the IRS are still there and told the interviewer that she wasn't much of an attorney - she hardly ever litigated because she was constantly taking pregnancy leave, which the government is generous in doling out. they said she would go on leave, come back and get light assignments until she got knocked up again, and that they had to do the share of her work. hmmmm....seems like not much has changed in the workplace.

Bachmann is a family values candidate. In other words, she values the time she has creating a family and sitting on her ass while you CF folks do all the heavy lifting in the office, and in society.
August 15, 2011
I think if a woman loses her clump, she'll just attribute it to something she did that was too strenuous (allegedly). I never believed for a second that doing aerobics or lifting a chair would cause a miscarriage (believe me, if they could do so dependably, we wouldn't need abortion) - the woman's body just realized that the clump was real fucked up and kicked its ass out. This is why even when you intentionally try to cause miscarriage by throwing yourself down a flight of stairs or having someone kick you in the gut, it doesn't work. You might hurt some other part of your body, but you won't miscarry usually.

The Moos who are the worst about being lazy are the ones who are infertile and seem to have the most delicate of uterine linings that will release its hold on a zygote if the Moo farts sideways. Or wanna-Moos. I understand morning sickness will make you feel like shit and maybe you can't move around as well with a bulging gut, but I don't believe for even a fraction of a second that these women can't do a damn thing.

You combine the nine-month-long period of ass-sitting with "eating for two" and the end result is a woman who gains 50-100 pounds and a host of health issues on TOP of things caused by pregnancy (prolapsed organs, gestational diabetes, etc.) And then they wonder why they didn't shed those pesky 80 pounds as soon as Junior slid out.

Moos are perfectly capable of being active and doing things when they're knocked up. They just choose not to because they feel having a full uterus somehow makes them too special to do work expected of normal, not-pregnant and therefore substandard people.
August 15, 2011
First of all, I don't want to hear shit from these bitches about gaining weight.

I gained a shit ton of weight from some of the psych meds that I take and yanno what? I still manage to stay active. Yeah, it's a little more difficult, but Jesus Christ, extra weight doesn't mean that you have to sit on the goddamn couch. Get up and move. Shit.

Pregnant woman luuuuuuuuuurvveeeee attention and feeling all spayshullle, which is why they choose to sit on the loveseat like it's a goddamn throne and expect everyone to give in to their fucking demands.

Ooooh, I'm preggers - no sweets for me! I better have 2 orders of mozzarella sticks instead!

Ooooooh, I'm preggers - better take this week off - I have a slight backache! That's okay, my wonderful co-workers understand that I am incubating a fyooooture taxpayer!

Fucking bints.

@myrna - I rode hunters and eq for many years. I had a really hideous jumping accident in 2001. I ride on trails now, after going through a therapeutic riding program. My horse is 26, spoiled as all hell, and retired on my friend's farm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login