Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inconsiderate Breeders In My Town-home Complex

Posted by juliewashere88 
Inconsiderate Breeders In My Town-home Complex
October 14, 2011

I live in a townhome complex, each with about 6 units. The units are nice and well-maintained by the landlords, as is the lush, green common yard. It's a fantastic place! Or it would be, were it not for all the breeders. It turns out, this complex accepts section 8, which I believe might have something to do with it.

Every single day and well into the night, the kids are outside, screaming their little heads off. It's gotten better since school started, but come about 3:30... Fine, kids make noise. But they should be quieted when they do. They would be, if there were ever any adults out there, but there never are. Those kids are never supervised. Ever! I've seen kids out there barely old enough to walk wandering around out there. No parents watch, they assume that the village will see to their brats.

They're the same way with their dogs. I already mentioned the pit bull pup who was always chained up OUTSIDE their fenced patio because the breeders couldn't stand to have dog shit on their own property. I already mentioned this pup being left outside, in the heat, with no water, and no company for hours on end. I already mentioned how this unsocialized pup liked to jump on and play attack anyone who passed by on their way to their car. I already mentioned how puppies aren't allowed in the properties here by the rules set by the landlords. I already mentioned how this pup was therefore not reported by the owners for just this reason so they weren't paying their pet deposit. I already mentioned how this dog was taken away and probably put down after it bit a girl.

But there's more. Oh, is there more. When the kids aren't outside screaming, there's still no peace. Stupid breeders love to just leave their dogs outside all day and all night, ignorant of how horrible that is for dogs. Naturally, the dogs bark all night. I don't blame the dogs, I blame their shitty, inconsiderate owners.

It's not easy maintaining a nice, big green space here in a high desert. Just growing grass is no easy feat. The common yard is, as I said, maintained by the owners of the complex. But does that stop the kids and breeders from letting their dogs shit all over it, never cleaning it up? Does that stop them from throwing their garbage everywhere? Hell NO! It's someone else's problem! They're so sure that the common belongs to them and they can do whatever they want with it, so long as someone else is responsible for it.

A few weeks ago I saw some mattresses laying out in the common, on the grass. I have no idea who they belonged to, where they came from, or what they were doing there, but their were kids jumping all over it. Fine, I didn't say anything, surely it would be moved by days end. NOPE! It was there for a full week, and every day there seemed to be more mattresses in the pile. They'd be left out there day and night. Not only is that littering a SHARED SPACE, but it's killing the grass. But it gets worse! The mattress pile makes a perfect home for animals, including spiders and snakes. I've found black widows under my welcome mat, for shit's sake. How much do you want to be the breeders would sue the complex for should their precious snookums get bit by something?

Oh, have I mentioned the size of these townhomes? They're about 1,500 square feet. 2 bedrooms each, 3 if you re-purpose the basement. So a family would have 2 kids or less right? Wrong! How many kids can we shove into a small space? Hell, that's probably why they're left outside all day.

Then there's the entitlement, oh, the entitlement. Each unit has 2 dedicated parking spaces. That is, they're spaces with our unit numbers on them which we pay for as part of our rent. My space is right next to the unit of the breeder who had the pit pup (and has apparently gotten another dog, as I saw it though their window before they covered their window in newspaper.) I swear, if she ever has her guests (her grown daughter, I think) take MY spot for hours/days on end again (because god forbid her precious fruit use the visitor parking spaces like I have to when she steals mine) I'm calling a fucking tow truck.

Our very first night here, my BF and I were kept awake by shouting and screaming in the house next to us. Eventually, we went over to investigate. This unit has at least 3 kids, BTW. We look in the window and see a man and woman yelling at each-other quite loudly. They didn't even pay attention when my BF knocked on the door repeatedly. Eventually, they went down to the basement to yell some more. We should have just called the cops on their trashy asses. Yesterday, there was a note on their gate. Apparently, someone there is going to court for wrongful detainment. Should have seen that shit coming.

Fuck my neighbors.
Re: Inconsiderate Breeders In My Town-home Complex
October 14, 2011
That pile of mattresses can be taken care of with a garden hose and a complaint to management. If it was MY parking space being taken by a visitor I'd have parked behind them, blocking them in, and cussed them out about not reading the reserved signs. In Texas, complexes are supposed to tell you up front they accept section 8. If they didn't, it's dishonest.
October 14, 2011
satansbitch
That pile of mattresses can be taken care of with a garden hose and a complaint to management. If it was MY parking space being taken by a visitor I'd have parked behind them, blocking them in, and cussed them out about not reading the reserved signs. In Texs, complexes are supposed to tell you up front they accept section 8. If they didn't, it's dishonest.

Oh, I knew they accepted section 8 when I applied for the lease. I just didn't know what that was at the time. I came from a family that paid their own bills, all of them.

I didn't have a hose for the mattresses, but I knew they got wet. The common has an automatic sprinkler system that comes on every night. The kids played in it anyway. The dampness would have served to attract black widows, but the breeders didn't care. I'm betting the eventual removal was because someone complained to management, as these people don't clean up after themselves.

I considered parking behind them when they took my spot, but that would put me parked in an alley. I didn't want to get towed myself. Oh! I forgot to mention, apparently, someone took their spot one day as I saw a car parked in their spot with a sign that read "DO NOT PARK HERE!" taped to the window. HA! They'll take my spot all the time, but heaven forbid anyone else to that to them!
October 14, 2011
juliewashere88
I live in a townhome complex, each with about 6 units. The units are nice and well-maintained by the landlords, as is the lush, green common yard. It's a fantastic place! Or it would be, were it not for all the breeders. It turns out, this complex accepts section 8, which I believe might have something to do with it.

I learned everything I needed to know when I got to that statement.

Before we bought our house, we lived in a townhome rental complex. It was so beautiful. Two years in, we got notification that the complex was being sold to a new company, but the front office staff and most regulations would stay the same. Ok, no big deal.

Boy, was I ever wrong. Loud fights happening several times a week. Police cars showing up (and not in the good way, like when they used to just come to drive through the lots as part of their rounds). Trash, clothing, and dog crap all over the formerly beautiful grounds. Shady people hanging out in the parking lots late at nights. Our rent started to skyrocket. I was physically threatened in the parking lot because I backed out in front of someone (who ran their stop sign and flew around the corner, btw).

We moved out not long after that. I found out later that after the complex had changed hands they started to accept Section 8. All of a sudden it made perfect sense, even the rent skyrocketing. I guess someone has to pick up the financial slack.

My advice would be to start fighting back by calling the police/tow truck and reporting incidents to the front office. If you are able, start looking for a new place to live. When you're searching, don't just look at the apartments themselves. look REALLY CAREFULLY at the people that live there. That was the rule that we followed when we looked at houses, and it turned out really well. I didn't get a basement, but I got good neighbors (until the breeders two houses down moved in, at least...).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 14, 2011
i would leave a note on the car, saying "i paid for this parking space. never use it again or i will have you towed." and then follow through if it happens again.

i don't know what you can do about the kids. if they are really young you could call CPS and tell them these kids are unsupervised all day and you are "worried" about their safety.

is moving even an option?
October 14, 2011
myrna minkoff

is moving even an option?

No. I have a one year lease. Maybe when the man and I go looking for a permanent residence (something not rented.)
October 14, 2011
Nothing strikes fear in me more than Section 8 housing. And you're not safe when you buy a free-standing house...there's a former foreclosure in my nice neighborhood that's been rented out to goddamn welfare trash with trampolines (that's plural) in the front yard.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Miss_Hannigan
Nothing strikes fear in me more than Section 8 housing. And you're not safe when you buy a free-standing house...there's a former foreclosure in my nice neighborhood that's been rented out to goddamn welfare trash with trampolines (that's plural) in the front yard.

Trampolines with an S? What the fuck does a famblee need more than one of those colossal hideous things for, anyway? One can only hope that they're "real" trampolines and not those damned mattresses that Julie is stuck with. :headbrick
October 14, 2011
Is there a legal limit on how many people can occupy these homes? If so, report them to the city if some of these people are overcrowding the units. As for the parking space, I would just have them towed.

Too bad you have another year left on the lease. The only advice I have for then is to look at places that don't accept Section 8. I don't know what state you're in but NY has so many ridiculous discrimination laws with renters who don't accept it. I know it's usually not allowed to be advertised, depending on how big the building is. This is exactly why most landlords in my neighborhood "just accepted a deposit from someone else" when Section 8 renters show up to look.
October 14, 2011
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou
Is there a legal limit on how many people can occupy these homes? If so, report them to the city if some of these people are overcrowding the units.

I have no idea. I may find out though, if these people keep pissing me off.
October 14, 2011
juliewashere88
forgot to mention, apparently, someone took their spot one day as I saw a car parked in their spot with a sign that read "DO NOT PARK HERE!" taped to the window. HA! They'll take my spot all the time, but heaven forbid anyone else to that to them!

go here: http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

thom_c
juliewashere88
forgot to mention, apparently, someone took their spot one day as I saw a car parked in their spot with a sign that read "DO NOT PARK HERE!" taped to the window. HA! They'll take my spot all the time, but heaven forbid anyone else to that to them!

go here: http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

You have made my day. smiling smiley
October 14, 2011
LoveToLurk
When you're searching, don't just look at the apartments themselves. look REALLY CAREFULLY at the people that live there. That was the rule that we followed when we looked at houses, and it turned out really well. I didn't get a basement, but I got good neighbors (until the breeders two houses down moved in, at least...).

Yeah, that's the problem. You can find a great place and then breeders move in. When we were house hunting, we would look in the yards for any plastic kid crap. Any house that had it, or any neighboring house, they were crossed off our list immediately. Our problem was when we bought our house, it was summer and we couldn't see the neighbor's yard behind us. At the time, it seemed quiet back there. Well now a few years later, the guy has bred and now has screeching crack monkeys. They have a big trampoline in their yard and bounce on it all the time, screaming like banshees.

We really do need childfree communities.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
October 14, 2011
what is with all the trampolines? are they a family of carnies?
Section 8 send waves of dread up and down my spine when I hear it. on my Mom's street there used to be 8 trash but now they are gone. I don't know how many times I'd come down the street and there would be cops down there. My Mom could here them screaming inside the house with the A/C on....They taged our fence and the cross street sign on the corner which is on her property also...At my place the last tennants beore me trashed the place, took me weeks on end to get rid of the cigarette smell. We had the U.S. re-done with laminate, the contractors told me the found all these plastic baggies under the carpet. Well all know what that means. Thank you useless filthy white trash for trashing my inheritance and literally leaving the mess and expense for someone else to clean up, go to Hell and do us all a favor.....Oh and top of that there were 2 weeks moving out I literally was going into panic attacks over it...ayi ayi ayi

That's the 1st thing I'd asking when renting anywhere or even buying is this Section 8, do you accept section 8 or is there 8 housing nearby, seriously this trash needs to be in there own barb wired fenced off area like the projects or something...

I live in a townhome also, but I'm very lucky it's my Mom's properrty & one day I'm to inherit. Mum knows I'm not ripping out the drywall or running a math lab inthe bathroom lol. I have good neighbours with no kids on the units either side of me, it's quiet, no real dog barking issues. There is a family on corner unit down the steet and there front area is nothing but dirt and there is always some kiddy scooter or other kinder crap out front. Annoys the hell out of me. Given that not much anybody has what you would call a lawn here and with the drought the only thing that started growing again are the weeds.
Hi I'm new. I wanted to interject here for a moment as someone who has had Section 8 housing. Sometimes, we need help standing on our own two feet, especially if we have severe depression and anxiety as I do. I realize now that I may have done some things that were inconsiderate of my neighbors and for that, I wish I could apologize to them. Truth be told, those were the worst days in terms of my life long depression and I couldn't see beyond my own self-hate and mental agony. I barely took care of myself and really didn't understand what my neighbors were going through, hearing this woman screaming and crying must have terrified them. Anyway, my point in all this is that not everyone on Section 8 is a bum or a breeder.
I really don't want to come off as preachy because I know better than to preach to you guys, I have been lurking for a while. I am just trying to give my viewpoint since I'm an "insider" so to speak. I will concede that the neighborhood I lived in was scary and I was afraid to go out at night. Whether it was because of Section 8 housing or not, I do not know. I met a lot of other Section 8 people too and most of them were also battling depression, many had scars from previous suicide attempts or because they were cutters. Being a breeder doesn't protect one from depression, if anything, it gives you MORE reason to be depressed. Chances are that they are just entitled assholes and expect someone else to watch their kids, but maybe chances are they are inside, wanting to kill themselves and wondering who will take care of the kids when they go. I'm not excusing them or their actions by any means, they are still selfish and don't realize how their actions affect those around them. The childfree aren't immune to depression either and as many people as there are here, I'm sure a few of you know what I'm talking about. Whether we know someone or are someone with depression, I think we've seen that point where someone just doesn't care enough about themselves or anyone else to realize how hurtful it is to everyone around them.
Again, I really apologize if I come off preachy, I'm not trying to be. I'm just posting from my heart about a deeply personal thing and want people to realize how crippling it can be. We sometimes don't know when we're being so hurtful and if we do realize sooner than later, we can't care. We can't CARE because we are using every cell of energy to not just end it all and fall to bits on the floor; We think still staying alive for our family and friends is the most we can muster because being alive is agony sometimes and we don't want to put them through what we're going through.
However, having depression doesn't excuse you from not using birth control. That's just plain stupid.
Anyway, I think I made my point and back again and am hoping not to be ripped to shreds by you guys because I would like to hang out here for a while.

Here's some content: Drove into my complex parking lot today to find the closest parking spot taken by some brats' bicycles. I could have going to the farther parking lot because it's only about 50 feet more, but why the fuck should I? My rent pays for a parking space and it can be any one I want and I wanted THAT one. So I yelled at the kids outside my car windows to move the bicycles. They move one and leave the other behind. So I drive half way into the spot, got out of my car and moved the bicycle, dropping it on the ground roughly. Before I got back in my car, I yelled at the kids that this was a parking lot and not to leave their toys in the spaces. One girl gave me a nasty look and I noticed their father watching them from outside, but he didn't say shit to me. While walking upstairs, I heard one woman yell from inside their apartment "QUE PASO?!" and I laughed wondering if anyone was going to knock on my door and yell at me. No one did though, I was a little disappointed at that... I was ready to do battle!

P.S. I was stoned when I wrote this, please forgive my rambling.
October 14, 2011
darkkarma42

Anyway, my point in all this is that not everyone on Section 8 is a bum or a breeder.

Please explain to all of us how you qualified for Section 8 without having minor dependents. Everyone I know who has ever been on Section 8 has had at least 1 kid. Also, I know people who have kids who were turned down for Section 8 (and food stamps - but that's a different ball of wank). So how in the hell did you get it? Are you saying if you're depressed and cut yourself, they'll give you a free apartment? Wish I'd known that when I was on Social Security/Disability. I could have spent my check on like, food or something other than rent.

We're all ears.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
I don't have any children, nor do I want any. Truth be told when I got Section 8 I was 17 and my sister and mother took care of all the details. I worked with a rehab and mental health department called RSS in upstate NY. I remember they had me see doctors and psychologists before I could get Section 8, doctors and psychologists on their payroll so they knew what to look for, I guess. While I had Section 8, I was required to continue seeing a psychologist at least once a month and had an "aide", so to speak, come see me once a week to make sure I was okay, make sure I was taking my meds, that I had food in the house, that sort of thing.
As to how someone that is 18 and over, I don't know they get Section 8 without minor dependents. I never asked, because I didn't know you had to have minor dependents. I just know Section 8 paid for half the rent and RSS paid the other half. I suppose I could ask my sister how I got it since, like I said, she was attending to the details. Who knows if she remembers- She's a breeder herself and has a bad memory.
I just realized that my post sounded judgmental and wanted to apologize. I tend to let my feelings get in the way and do not realize it until it's too late. I put my foot in my mouth a lot and end up alienating people without meaning to. If anyone's upset about my post, I'll delete it. Just please...Don't give me the Leah Wright treatment sad smiley
October 14, 2011
darkkarma42
I just realized that my post sounded judgmental and wanted to apologize. I tend to let my feelings get in the way and do not realize it until it's too late. I put my foot in my mouth a lot and end up alienating people without meaning to. If anyone's upset about my post, I'll delete it. Just please...Don't give me the Leah Wright treatment sad smiley

You seem okay darkkarmathumbs upwink I would like to know though how clinical depression can cause people to be loud, let their dogs shit all over creation, or make horrific messes, childed or not? I'd think a depressed person would stay mostly inside and not make much noise. Are you basically just saying that not everybody on section 8 housing assistance is like that or that you too made a lot of noise, etc.....? confused smiley I have suffered from debilitating depression in the past and if anything was different, I was MUCH more quiet and kept to myself. The LAST thing I would have wanted to have done was to have drawn attention to myself, so I don't understand how depression plays a role in the bullshit the OP was ranting about.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Well, I suppose depression doesn't really play a part in the OP's post. It's just something I've noticed that a lot of people seem to think only bums go for Section 8 housing and I kind of wanted to explain my view, to let people know there are a lot of legitimate reasons for being given Section 8. Having a shit ton of children really shouldn't be a requirement of Section 8... That shit is a choice and my depression sure as fuck wasn't.
I can't speak for how everyone else acts while on Section 8, I can only speak of the circumstances that might have contributed to the reason for being Section 8. Which may not even be true, since apparently you just need minor dependents to get it, which kind of renders my whole point moot.
I'm ashamed to give the details of how I lived in my former apartment, I will just say that I was inconsiderate to those around me, including my neighbors.
I apologize for turning this into the "darkkarma42 depression" thread- I was enjoying the stories.
October 14, 2011
darkkarma42

Don't ever apologize for being judgmental. Just own it. I do that all the time and i say "fuck you" to people who don't like it. i just don't try to fool myself into thinking i'm not judging people because i don't like to be in denial if i can avoid it.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

October 14, 2011
You can definitely get Section 8 housing if you aren't a breeder - you just have to wait years for it.

There are various types of housing vouchers for people who are on SSD, SSI, etc., but if you have children, they shuttle you into Section 8 almost immediately.

When my private disability ended, and my SSD and pension went into effect, SSD asked me if I needed help with housing. I told them no. They told me about the various housing vouchers, but there was a FOUR YEAR wait for people without dependents.
October 14, 2011
I revise my earlier statement about not having known anyone without minor dependents who got section 8. In 1988 a friend of mine was in the psych hospital and there was this other girl who lived there because she was a ward of the state and had no relatives (and was probably "depressed" and cut herself which was why she was in McLeans instead of with a foster family or a regular group home) - she just turned 18 and was being let go and they set her up with Section 8. I didn't know what it was called at the time. My friend just told me that "the state" was helping pay this girl's rent and that she was getting a whole apartment by herself and only had to pay a certain amount that she could afford.

October 14, 2011
Sorry, it's not section 8 that I have a problem with, it's the types of people it seems to have attracted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login