Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unnecessary happy pills for bullshit autism diagnoses in kids

Posted by Cambion 
Unnecessary happy pills for bullshit autism diagnoses in kids
November 16, 2011
Still combing through Nurse K's blog, and I found this particular post where she talks about young kids being unnecessarily medicated for non-existent autism, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, bipolar disorder, and so forth.

Basically she says when parents refuse to discipline their kids and then medicate them to make them shut up, the kids grow up never learning how to cope with significant emotions because they are never allowed to express them and/or learn consequences when they misbehave while being bratty drama queens.

http://crasspollination.blogspot.com/2008/01/drug-em-into-submission.html#comments

Also found this related article about a kind of old case (from 2002). It's the case of Rebecca Riley, the four-year-old girl who died of a psychotropic drug overdose. The girl was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and ADHD at age 2 and from there was medicated with Clonidine and Depakote. Her Moo was overdosing her regularly to make her shut up because it was easier than being a parent, and even when the girl was clearly incredibly sick from the Clonidine (causes organ failure in excess amounts) and dying, Moo just shoved another half of a pill down her throat because she was "acting up."

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=21100

The Riley story is probably an extreme case, but overall both the article and the blog entry make good points: a vast majority of autistic, manic, bipolar, schizo and depressed toddlers are not genuinely ill - just in need of a smack on the ass. But since Moos engage in non-discipline and discussion of their child's feelings, the kids act up, Moo's too busy Twittering to be a parent and they just doctor-shop until they find a shrink who will give their kids happy pills to turn them into bearable zombies.

When Moo's response to a kid having an outburst is to shove a pill in his piehole, Junior grows up not knowing WTF to do when he feels emotion, nor does he know how to control himself when those emotions are felt. These are kids who also likely grow up to be the budding sociopaths we read about on Smothering who have no empathy toward anyone or anything. They don't know HOW to feel and that is a very frightening kind of person.
Re: Unnecessary happy pills for bullshit autism diagnoses in kids
November 16, 2011
THIS is one of the primary reasons that this Awtard Spectrum bullshit pisses me off! People like Miss Yoshi get upset sometimes when I say that, but it's BECAUSE children get unnecessarily medicated and labeled and their lives are ruined it makes me so angry. That, and TRUE cases don't get the treatment and attention they deserve since misdiagnoses, generally based on a moo faking it for MONEY or for the kid to STFU so she can play Farmville in peace, generally cause the medical community to roll their eyes when a moo has a kid who presents with an alleged case.

I don't know about other areas, but in MY area, Southern Kentucky, their primary reason for this purposeful misdiagnosis is because they can get a kiddie crazy check for UP TO $620 for EACH "diagnosis" of Awtardism and it's spectrums, Bi-Polar bear swings, ADD-ODD, etc........ Even IF Autism truly affects 1 out of 150 like they have been saying, HOW does that account for nearly 70% of ALL elementary school aged kids in my area having a diagnosis? It's either a medical anomaly or it's BULLSHIT. Other countries, at least the ones who don't mail out checks to Moos for it, do NOT have the rash of cases the United States has and there has got to be a reason. I think the quickest way to tell would be to CEASE with the checks. In no time flats the cases would drop substantially and immediately.

I have never been able to find out WHOSE bright idea it was to give these WIC-Welfare whores an additional check as a reward for a diagnosis anyway. The kid already has Medicaid which will pay for ALL treatment and medication, he has no "lost income", he gets an aid for kid with no baby daddy check, so WHY does a kid need a disability check?confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
kidlesskim
I have never been able to find out WHOSE bright idea it was to give these WIC-Welfare whores an additional check as a reward for a diagnosis anyway. The kid already has Medicaid which will pay for ALL treatment and medication, he has no "lost income", he gets an aid for kid with no baby daddy check, so WHY does a kid need a disability check?confused smiley

I don't understand it either. It's not like they're supposed be out working and they would be missing wages. Disability checks should only be for adults, since Medicaid does cover all children's expenses.
Bipolar disorder and ADHD at age 2? Give me a fucking break. Kids are naturally all over the place emotionally and can't stay focused.

I swear, it's not long before everyone's taking fucking pills like in THX 1138.
November 16, 2011
Kim makes a good point - exploiting the label of awwtardism for money is probably the main reason for the surge in autism cases. I've read that autism cases have risen something like 850 percent since the 1980s, and I read that a few years ago, so odds are that rate is even higher. If it's not for the crazy check, I think it's a status symbol for some Moos.

Rather than be ashamed that your kid is the tard on the block, it's something they're proud of because it means they get more attention (even negative attention is something Moos crave), gives them an excuse to not do things, gives them reasons to write money-making awwtard blogs or books, and overall be martyr Moos who sacrifice everything for the sake of their children.

I don't doubt there are some genuine cases of autism, but there is no way in hell so many kids have it (I've heard it was 1 in 50 children). The thing is it's a lot like SIDS in the sense that the symptoms can easily be replicated. You can smother a baby and make it look like crib death just as much as you can "train" a child to be autistic by not disciplining him whatsoever.

Moos don't care what their kids will be like in adulthood when those Moos can be paid to medicate their kids into silence right now.
November 16, 2011
I got spanked.
What happened to that?

“I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic fucking hatreds.”
— George Carlin
Whatever the fuck happened to just wanting a "normal" kid? You know, the ones who are not diagnosed with ADHD, awetism, ODD or any other mental illness?

In LA, the moocunts try to outdo each other with the sicko brat bullshit. You should hear 'em sometime. "Cuntleigh is not only ADHD but she is Asperger's too!". "Fuckton just got diagnosed with ODD! Now I can get him more help!"

Translation: They are shitty fucking breeders and not parents, so they hypermedicate their brats to cover for their fucking mistakes.
November 16, 2011
It kind of reminds me of some backwards status symbol...instead of Coach vs. Dooney & Bourke handbags, they're mooing about chyldhood mental disorders...
They seem to use every opportunity to brag about it, and put it out there with ribbons, bumper stickers, drag Tardley to every restaurant, theatre, public place in town...hand out Tard Cards when he has a meltdown in public.
"My Aydnnn has Assburgers with a side of ODD...."
"Well my little Princess Pooptart sees your kyd's assburgers, his ODD and I raise you a Bipolar! Take that beeyotch!"
My theory is that these parents actually want the supergenius child prodigies so they can boast about what amazing sperm/eggs they have and what wonderful parents they must be to create a child who can compose music at age five and fluently speak 20 languages before first grade. However, child prodigies are incredibly rare and easy to prove/disprove.

So they go the other direction: their kid is the most special of special needs. They can easily say their kid has ADHD/autism/bipolar/schizophrenia because it's not as easy to disprove as claims of supergenius are. They get all the attention they want as superparents and the sympathy bonus as well.
November 17, 2011
paragon schnitzophonic
My theory is that these parents actually want the supergenius child prodigies so they can boast about what amazing sperm/eggs they have and what wonderful parents they must be to create a child who can compose music at age five and fluently speak 20 languages before first grade. However, child prodigies are incredibly rare and easy to prove/disprove.

So they go the other direction: their kid is the most special of special needs. They can easily say their kid has ADHD/autism/bipolar/schizophrenia because it's not as easy to disprove as claims of supergenius are. They get all the attention they want as superparents and the sympathy bonus as well.

ALL of this is absolutely true and especially so for middle class Moos and their Awtards. However, in my area the most significant reason they actively seek a "diagnosis" as young as age two is for the additional check they can get for it. For the WIC-Welfare Whore Moo a "diagnosis" is akin to hitting the "Decades of Dollars" lottery where they get a monthly annuity for 30 years. If they plan it out right, and most of them do, they will shit an extra loaf just in time before the last loaf "ages out" so they can continue to get a check for another 18 years. This is why it's common for a Moo with 5 or 6 kids in Jr and High school to shit out a late in life loaf when she is approaching 40. She realizes the gravy train is about to derail in a few years and she's seeking "job security". I have seen it on NUMEROUS occasions and didn't recognize it for what it was until I was nearly 30.shrug

Once I realized it and it dawned on me, it all started to make sense, in a Moo sort of a way. bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 17, 2011
3 words: munchausen by proxy.
November 17, 2011
Snark Shark
frenzy
I got spanked.
What happened to that?

oh, it might hurt a FEELING and cause BRATLEE to CRY.[/quote

I just saw an example today. I was in WalMOO, in the food section and it was crowded. So this moo is trying to get down the asle and Travisty is riding on the front of the cart. Moo tells him to 'be careful sweetie.. maybe you shouldn't do that. ... and kid promptly falls off. Moo says 'Oh I TOLD you to be careful.. this store is crazy' (she wasn't near anybody when the kid felloff and just what does the store have to do with YOU letting your kid hang off the front of the cart?) Anyhow, instead of diciplining him and saying "see, that's what happens when you don't listen" she picked him up (I think he was about 5) and kissed and held him like he'd just fallen off a 2 story building. "Oh sweetie I am soooo sorry. I'LL be more careful next time". saying 'wtf'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login