Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

66 Year Old Mom of Twins!!?? WTF??

Posted by jezebel_daisy 
66 Year Old Mom of Twins!!?? WTF??
March 08, 2012
Seriously?? IVF and gives birth to twins at 66? I'd like to slap the doctor that did this as well as the stupid woman!

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/134259/66year_old_mother_proves_youre

The writer of the article says that the "miracle babies were meant to be"...oh BS. It was all science. What a selfish moo-ron. Can you imagine being her kid??? Nutso!
Re: 66 Year Old Mom of Twins!!?? WTF??
March 08, 2012
Good grief. So many types of fail.

1. Technology =/= miracle.

2. IVF, when she could have adopted kids who're already on the ground and ready to go. Instead she added to the population. Not ethical.

3. A 66-year-old uterus is not built to function anymore. Even when doctors keep it hopped up on supplemental hormones, it won't be like the uterus of a 25 year old. Does this give those kids a good start at a healthy life?

3. She will likely die when her kids are teens or young adults. Harsh for those kids.

4. Doctor who went forth with this circus should have to explain him/herself before a professional ethics review board. For so many reasons.
March 08, 2012
Definitely worthy of the Double Facepalm.
March 08, 2012
Moo and sprogs will be in diapers together.
Anonymous User
March 08, 2012

Anonymous User
March 08, 2012

March 08, 2012
Boy it's gonna be a barrel of laughs if Moo starts getting dementia. I don't think two toddlers are equipped to deal with a senile old woman. Yes, this woman could die when her kids are teenagers or young adults....assuming she has an "average" lifespan. She could easily drop dead from a stroke or a heart attack before she hits 70. I bet Mommy's corpse would be an unforgettable show-and-tell item.

There's a reason why women can't have kids in their sixties - because they get 30 or 35 fertile years in order to shit or get off the pot. If they can't decide in three decades whether or not they want kids, then they don't get to have bio-babies. Of course, motherfucking IVF makes it possible for these quasi-geezer-breeders to have completely unnecessary children because apparently adopted children are just not good enough for speshul wanna-Moo.

But being a geezer breeder is probably one of the best breeding deals a person can get. You have kids in your sixties via IVF, and then you die two years later. So that way, you get the satisfaction of knowing you've spawned and then you don't even need to raise the fuckers completely. Sweet fucking deal if you're a breeder. It's like being a Duh at any age - the coveted goods without needing to do any of the work.
Anonymous User
March 08, 2012
No doctor should ever be allowed to do that to a woman of her age... we go through menopause for a reason! A very good reason. There is no way that the body of a 66 year old could ever endure pregnancy or birth properly... I'm actually a bit surprised that a uterus that old can even carry a fetus to term without miscarrying.
Besides, why in the hell would someone in her sixties want to birth and raise babies??? IVF should be outlawed after a certain age.
Did anyone here ever hear about the story of a 70 (yes! 70!) year old woman from India who had been trying to get pregnant for 50 years, and finally did through IVF? And in 2010, she ended up dying when the baby was 18 months old- now the kid has no mother. And yes, it had to do with complications from her IVF pregnancy (like I said, us women go through menopause for a reason!) Not good for either person to get pregnant so damn old! Here are the links to the stories I was talking about:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28112285/ns/health-pregnancy/t/another--year-old-india-has-ivf-baby/#.T1mOeDGGorU
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1286412/Worlds-oldest-mother-Rajo-Devi-Lohan-reveals-dying.html
March 09, 2012
I am in agreement that the doctor should be held accountable for doing this. It's like plastic surgeons who keep operating on people despite them having a zillion operations already. Sometimes they just need to say NO FUCKING WAY!
March 09, 2012
I remember reading that the uterus is remarkably resilent to the aging process. The problem with geriatric breeding lies with the eggs. Either way, just because you can do something does not mean you should. Like Cambion said, you get enough time to decide to breed or not. If you don't breed within that time period, then obviously you did not want whiny brats fucking up what you were doing in your life at that time. It is that simple breeders. So many men have drank the breeder Kool Aid as well so I am not buying that you cannot find a man to have kids with. There are sperm banks a Google away if you don't want to go that traditional route. And I don't want to hear the financial excuses because breeders get everything from Welfare to section 8 to free preschool to food stamps if their income is below a certain amount. Breeding out of wedlock is not frowned upon anymore so I don't want to hear that you didn't find the "right man" to marry. If you did not breed in the specified time period, you just didn't want to breed then. Admit it breeder. Be a woman and speak the truth.
March 09, 2012
thanks to this board, now I can't stop thinking about the term 'geezer breeder' every time I see people who had their first kids in their 40s or 50s...and continues to have more! shudder.

it's terrible to imagine being in the child's position.
"hey kid, it's very nice of you accompanying grandpa for medical checkup!"
"no, this is my dad."
Jennifer K
March 10, 2012
My mom is nearly 70 years old and healthy as a horse. But there is no way in hell she'd ever choose to have kids. She has enough energy to keep up with her grandkids, but she also has the luxury of giving them back to mom and dad and going home to chill out with a glass of wine.

And I'm not exactly thrilled with really old dudes making babies with their young trophy wives. I don't think I'd want to make a child with some crotchety Larry King sperm. Ew.
randomcfchick-NLI
March 10, 2012
Jennifer K
And I'm not exactly thrilled with really old dudes making babies with their young trophy wives. I don't think I'd want to make a child with some crotchety Larry King sperm. Ew.

Also, sperm apparently don't have the infinite shelf-life that was previously assumed. There's more correlation between aging sperm and defective fetuses/kids.
Anonymous User
March 10, 2012
so wrong in so many ways. what a selfish cunt.

my mother is 76 yo and in terrible health, I can't imagine her being able to care for herself in the next few years much less a 10 year old.
March 10, 2012
Well, I guess that's one way to ensure that somebody will take care of you when you get old. Pump out a few kids once you qualify for AARP and force them to become young caregivers as your health declines.
Jennifer K
March 11, 2012
Snark Shark
Jennifer K
some crotchety Larry King sperm.

The only sperm that wears SUSPENDERS!

Not to mention you have to have sexy time with Larry King. Excuse me while I hurl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login