Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Superfluous kyds in commercials

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Superfluous kyds in commercials
April 27, 2012
I'm sitting here watching the TV Guide channel, trying to see if there's something good to watch while I wait for my cold meds to kick in before going to bed, and what comes on but an infomercial for the InStyler. For those not up to date on their late-night American infomercials, the InStyler is this...thing with a rotating heated barrel that closes into a brush-thing and can supposedly both curl and straighten hair depending on how/whether or not you wrap your hair around the rotating barrel. I have no idea if it works or not and have no intention of getting one to find out (at least not right now) but I'm kind of curious about it because it seems like no matter what I do, my hair won't hold a curl.

Anyway, part of the informercial featured customer testimonials about the product...and one of the testimonials was delivered by a boy who couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 and who definitely did not have enough hair to use the InStyler, or any hair styling item other than a comb. He was bouncing around his bedroom, doing that typical kyd thing of talking in the direction of whatever caught his eye at any given moment. Fortunately I don't have the volume turned up so I couldn't hear him (or any other part of the infomercial) but the second I saw a freaking toddler boy on the screen I just couldn't believe it. What the fuck does a toddler boy with less hair on his head than I have in my eyebrows have to say about a product clearly meant for use on adult hair that's long enough to use a curling iron or straightener on? I don't know what makes me roll my eyes more, that anyone using a product would think anyone else cares what their kyd (who clearly can't and doesn't use the product) has to say about it, or that the people behind the InStyler infomercial would actually air the damn thing. shrug smile rolling left righteyes2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login