Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not a joke: Moo kills kid for interrupting Farmville

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
Not a joke: Moo kills kid for interrupting Farmville
May 06, 2012
Old news but still worth a read:

Alexandra V. Tobias is awaiting trial after pleading guilty to shaking her 3-month-old son to death. Can you believe that the Florida woman committed this senseless act of violence because her infant's cries were distracting her while she was playing Farmville on Facebook? How could this happen?

If there is any justice Alexandra V. Tobiaswill spend the rest of her life behind bars. The 22-year-old Jacksonville, Florida resident recently plead guilty to killing her 3-month-old son over an online game. She admits that Dylan Lee Edmonsonhad been crying for a while as she played the popular Facebook game Farmville.

Alexandra told police that when the infant wouldn't stop crying, last January, she stepped away from the game long enough to shake the boy, smoke a cigarette and then shake the boy again. The unfit mother suggested that little Dylan "may have hit his head during the shaking."

Disgusting. I can't stomach this kind of abuse. Considering that so many of my friends and family are struggling to conceive, it really enrages me that mothers can be so careless with the kids they were blessed to have.

Dylan's death has been classified as second-degree murder, so if convicted, Alexandra faces the possibility of life in prison. The Farmville craze - it has more than 75 million users who earn virtual money by growing and harvesting crops - is becoming a big cause for concern because there are so many reports of players, like Alexandra, have become addicted to the game.

Dr. Phil even featured a Farmville-addicted mother on his talk show in January. Playing Farmville online became an obsession for this woman. She admits to being on the computer playing from the moment she wakes up until late into the night, while her kids were eating microwaveable meals and living in filth.

If you find yourself spending way too much time taking care of your cyber crops, Dr. Phil suggests deleting the game to ensure that it doesn't become a bigger problem.

I'm going to share this story with every single one of my Facebook friends that like to boast about how well their corn crop and avocado harvests are doing. I suggest you do the same thing!

SPONSORED LINKS

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Re: Not a joke: Moo kills kid for interrupting Farmville
May 06, 2012
"DAMMIT, DYLAN! BE QUIET SO MOMMY CAN HARVEST HER MAC AND CHEESE TREE!!! Dylan? Dylan? Fuck..."
May 06, 2012
Time to BAN Facebook games. And Facebook, too! XD
May 06, 2012
Of course Dr. Phil is going to blame Phakebook and Farmville and not the disgusting and retarded moooooos who neglect or kill their sprogs. hitting over the head with a hammer
May 06, 2012
The follow up - she got 50 years.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-farmville-baby-killed,0,1098388.story

Do they have 50 year crops on Farmville?smile rolling left righteyes2
May 06, 2012
And here she is today:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list
May 06, 2012
Don't you love when people blame the addicting thing for problems rather than the addict? The things people get addicted to are not the issue - did Facebook hold a gun to this woman's head and make her play? An addiction is solely the problem of the addict - they are the ones who let themselves get addicted and more often than not, they deny there is anything wrong with what they're doing and will get huffy with anyone who suggests there may be a problem.

I'm guessing this Moo was a SAHM/welfare Moo with no baby-daddy around, meaning she had no job to go to and thus no one to kick her in the ass and get her off Fakebook. Not that it's anyone else's job to intervene, but having no one else around meant no one to save the kid.

Well I sure hope those digital internet crops were worth half a decade in the clink. Who's gonna water the corn and pick the rice now? Oh noes! :Violin
May 07, 2012
marco polo
And here she is today:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list

And this < redacted > had the gall to get RIP Dylan jailhouse tatooed on her left leg.
Sometimes I hate humanity.

FarmVille is not like booze or drugs that it goes in and fucks with your braincells. It's a game. I play it. Exactly what was she doing that she could not do later? It's not like Doom where something can creep up on you and kill your dude. If your crops die, take 5$ of your cigarette money (it's not like you are doing anything productive with it anyway) and unwither your plants.
May 07, 2012
Oh, but remember. Motherhood makes you a better person. So it HAD to be that EBIL farmville game! Ban farmville before it shakes more BAYBEES! waving hellolarious

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
May 07, 2012
Linked in the sidebar is ANOTHER story of a mom going to prison for diddling around online--this one's baby drowned:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-facebook-drowning-boy,0,2151588.story
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login