Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Robert Mugabe: Gay rights take away women's rights to be mothers

Posted by toomanybrats 
Robert Mugabe: Gay rights take away women's rights to be mothers
May 25, 2012
Zimbabwe's president said Thursday that homosexuality doesn't belong in Zimbabwe and it violates women's rights by denying the union of men and women needed to bear children.

Robert Mugabe, 88, speaking at a women's HIV/Aids and gender rights conference in Harare, said the "gay world" goes against nature.

After earlier remarks by UN human rights chief Navi Pillay referring to the criminalization of homosexuality in some countries, Mugabe said Zimbabwe and Africa won't recognize same-sex marriage because it leads to human "extinction."

He said male homosexuality took away women's traditional rights of being mothers.

Link

The African continent has some of the highest rape stats on the planet. So much for "Women's Rights."
I wonder if he hurt himself when he pulled this argument out of his ass...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
I find the gay against nature argument hillarous. Look at bonobos, chimps,gorillas.

Hell dogs don't even worry about species, and will hump your leg.

Being hetro is probably a societal thing, look at ancient greece, that is much closer to our closet cousins. Do these people think that animals are somehow learning unatrual behaviour?
Re: Robert Mugabe: Gay rights take away women's rights to be mothers
May 26, 2012
His argument is as convoluted as those related to "marriage defense" in this country (U.S.). So far as I know five states have now legalized gay marriage and my own marriage of almost 6 years has miraculously not crumbled into dust. Dressing up hatred and intolerance in stupid arguments is dishonest, not that honest bigotry would be OK. He's 88; he'll be dead soon. I think homosexuality is pretty much a non-issue, as it should be, for people of about college age. Once those folks move up into positions of power we won't hear these stupid arguments anymore and the "revelation" of Obama coming out to support gay marriage will seem quaint. Someday.
Re: Robert Mugabe: Gay rights take away women's rights to be mothers
May 26, 2012
Clematis beat me to it. The comparison between Mugabe's harebrained comment and the fundies' argument here that gay marriage somehow disparages normal marriage is so striking.

Here the fundies didn't say a word about when no-fault divorce became law in 49 of 50 states (New York the exception) despite little public advocacy of it; didn't say much when shacking up in lieu of marriage became much more the norm; and haven't said much since single moodom became endemic. About 40% of all US borths are to single moos today, right? In fact, many fundie churches that would have shamed and driven out single mothers 40 years ago welcome them and their spawn with open arms today.

No-fault divorce allows one party to break the vows and destroy the marriage unilaterally over the objections of the other. This is not how it was billed when it passed, as the stated claim was that allowing it would make the process easier if both spouses wanted to end the relationship. Yet again the fundies and their churches said nothing as it spread and the reality became glaring.

Mugabe is just as stupid and behind the times as our fundies. Not only is hetero rape endemic to sub-Saharan Africa, but HIV spreads in Africa through predominantly (if not exclusively) hetero sexual activity.
We have more of a chance of overbreeding ourselves to death than dying out. And why the hell does Africa need more children? Is AIDS looking to move? (yes, I may just go to hell for that) :satan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login