Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For Fuck's sake!!! STOP BREEDING!!!angry smiley

Posted by toomanybrats 
For Fuck's sake!!! STOP BREEDING!!!angry smiley
January 30, 2012
World lacks enough food, fuel as population soars: U.N.

(Reuters) - The world is running out of time to make sure there is enough food, water and energy to meet the needs of a rapidly growing population and to avoid sending up to 3 billion people into poverty, a U.N. report warned on Monday.

As the world's population looks set to grow to nearly 9 billion by 2040 from 7 billion now, and the number of middle-class consumers increases by 3 billion over the next 20 years, the demand for resources will rise exponentially.

Even by 2030, the world will need at least 50 percent more food, 45 percent more energy and 30 percent more water, according to U.N. estimates, at a time when a changing environment is creating new limits to supply.

And if the world fails to tackle these problems, it risks condemning up to 3 billion people into poverty, the report said.

Efforts towards sustainable development are neither fast enough nor deep enough, as well as suffering from a lack of political will, the United Nations' high-level panel on global sustainability said.

"The current global development model is unsustainable. To achieve sustainability, a transformation of the global economy is required," the report said.

"Tinkering on the margins will not do the job. The current global economic crisis ... offers an opportunity for significant reforms."

Although the number of people living in absolute poverty has been reduced to 27 percent of world population from 46 percent in 1990 and the global economy has grown 75 percent since 1992, improved lifestyles and changing consumer habits have put natural resources under increasing strain.

There are 20 million more undernourished people now than in 2000; 5.2 million hectares of forest are lost per year - an area the size of Costa Rica; 85 percent of all fish stocks are over-exploited or depleted; and carbon dioxide emissions have risen 38 percent between 1990 and 2009, which heightens the risk of sea level rise and more extreme weather.

The panel, which made 56 recommendations for sustainable development to be included in economic policy as quickly as possible, said a "new political economy" was needed.

LINKY
Re: For Fuck's sake!!! STOP BREEDING!!!angry smiley
January 30, 2012
Breeders are like cockroaches...they will consume every resource...yet the CF are the ones who are in the wrong.
I say, let humans breed ourselves out of fucking existence. The way humanity is going, I don't think anything is wrong with us going extinct as a species. The Earth needs to reboot, and allow other creatuers to flourish without us here to ruin every ecosystem.
January 30, 2012
Breeder-brains here in the US (and other first-world countries) NEVER think that they are part of the problem. It's all those poor, brown people in developing countries who need to stop breeding like rabbits. They refuse to accept that they are just as much a part of the cancer destroying the planet.

Meanwhile, we are all supposed to be OVERJOYED when someone announces they are knocked up or So-and-so had their precious BAYBEE or that the Joneses next door have decided to start fertility treatments.

I fucking HATE PEOPLE. angry flipping off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
January 31, 2012
And even when it's the breeders who are in that poverty, they will just keep right on having more babies because as long as there are employees, there's tax dollars to take to keep the serial breeders sat firmly on their ever-widening asses at home, taking the occasional break to get knocked up with their annual loaf.

I really do wonder if we as a species will ever reach a point where the government (across all nations) just starts killing people off in order to create a more sustainable population. I doubt it considering how everyone feels that babies = best thing ever. Who cares if the ever-growing population is causing a lack of resources? More babies! Maybe one of them will grow up and find a way to feed everyone! smile rolling left righteyes2

Breeders don't give a damn if there's not enough food and water and shelter for everyone because they will assume it's everyone else who is affected by it. Even when they themselves are part of that 3 billion in poverty, they will just blame it on someone else because nothing is ever their fault. If there was some way to make everyone stop fucking having kids for a year or two (making new ones, I mean), I wonder how much the population would go down.

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I've heard that somewhere around 52-55 million people die each year worldwide. Meanwhile, about 130 million are born each year. That means for every person who dies, two more people are born. Even just in the U.S., it's estimated about 2.6 million die each year, and 4 million babies are born annually. Almost the same 2:1 ratio.

If people quit fucking breeding just in the U.S. let's say for two years. So about 5.2 million people would disappear out of 307 million, leaving us with roughly 302 mil. It's not a lot compared to our total population, but every little bit counts.

And it sickens me when every fucking day in the paper, I see like 10 or more birth announcements just for my area. Those who die in the next 30 years may simply be receiving a blessing to not be around when even in developed countries, there's not enough food and water for everyone.
Anonymous User
January 31, 2012
Drastic action is needed. Any woman with more than 4 kids is going to have to hand in the extras to a kid collection facility for immediate disposal!smile rolling left rightsmile
January 31, 2012
World-wide mandatory depo shots for at least the next 5 years. That would be a start. We could go for mandatory sterilization for everyone who have already had 2 children, after that. That includes the children who are not in their custody, and the children who were put up for adoption.

That would include males. You're a baby-daddy of 2, you get the snip.
You sluice 2, you get sterilized. That might discourage people from deliberately sluicing tards.

But above all, STOP GIVING PEOPLE MONEY TO BREED!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
January 31, 2012
And of course, the Onion is spot on: http://www.theonion.com/articles/scientists-look-onethird-of-the-human-race-has-to,27166/
January 31, 2012
I was reading my email and came across a real gem. A number of years ago I signed up for email updated from the UK's Sun...just for the lulz. One of the most recent ones advocates a fertility diet. I know it's a rag, but still...:headbrick

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
January 31, 2012
IVF or the insurace programs that cover it should be OUTLAWED!!

Insurance should cover ALL BC..including the OTC ones.

There ya go...
January 31, 2012
CrabCake
Breeder-brains here in the US (and other first-world countries) NEVER think that they are part of the problem. It's all those poor, brown people in developing countries who need to stop breeding like rabbits. They refuse to accept that they are just as much a part of the cancer destroying the planet.

First world breeders are far worse than third world ones. They use more resources, pollute more in every way (from diapers to thrown away toys to food that Stynchleigh turns up her snooty nose at), and cause more damage to the environment. And first world people are always plotting how to destroy more land and resources to get what they want "right now," while blathering about making the world better for their chylldrennnn. I'm amused to think that their shortsightedness is going to put their kids and grandkids in a shitty world where they'll either starve to death or die from some disease that was eradicated back in the 20th century, but due to non-vaccinating cattle moos, made a big comeback.
January 31, 2012
i currently have two facebook friends who have posted their fetus ultrasound photos in the last 2 days. both have kids under 5 already. why?
January 31, 2012
But even in the 3rd world shitholes people continue to make kids because there is nothing to do but have sex. I guess some guys just wake up, get a hard on, and go around sexing every woman he sees, which explains so many kids. Put birth control in the water, disperse it from planes, anything to stop the babies!
January 31, 2012
I can only imagine how many more people would be alive in third would countries if starvation and disease did not run rampant. This is why I fucking hate it when I see those damn commercials asking you to sponsor a starving child in Africa so they can eat for 10 cents a day. Why? So they can survive to adulthood and breed a dozen kids that will grow up to starve and get sick? I will give 10 cents to castrate a man in a third world country. I hate to be sexist, but a woman can only shit a loaf maybe once a year. A man can knock up tons of women in 12 months. They can do more damage, so snip them.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone in a developed nation to shit more than 1-2 kids. This is not a time when people had to have ten kids in order to provide free labor out in the fields. It's not Africa where women will have ten kids so maybe three can survive to adulthood. On the contrary, even the extremely sickly kids that would have died are being kept alive, and for what? So they can be vegetables forever and suck up resources without ever giving anything back to society?
January 31, 2012
Dumbass breeders and the nutty pro-lie faction of breederdom are completely math illiterate and narcissistic on top of it. They don't give a fuck that population growth is the same as the rice illustration that you do in 7th grade math. It's exponential. But you can't use the word exponential with them because ZOMG LOOK AT THE ULTRASOUND IT'S A CYOOT HUMAN BABBY!!!two faces puking

Thanks for posting this link, TMB! Totally timely for me. Sorceress: that's exactly right.
January 31, 2012
Time to do away with the rosy vision of The Lifescript for awhile. angry smiley
January 31, 2012
mumofsixbirds
Breeders are like cockroaches...they will consume every resource...yet the CF are the ones who are in the wrong.
I say, let humans breed ourselves out of fucking existence. The way humanity is going, I don't think anything is wrong with us going extinct as a species. The Earth needs to reboot, and allow other creatuers to flourish without us here to ruin every ecosystem.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself!
January 31, 2012
The easiest way to get folks to stop breeding? Take away every child-related financial break, benefit, and credit. When breeders have to actually carry the full financial burden of childrearing, they'll figure out that condoms are cheaper. While we're at it, end this whole thing of putting motherhood on a pedestal and giving undue amounts of attention and preference to mothers. If we stop pretending that they're anything special, breeding will slow down because breeders will stop doing things that aren't giving them any attention. While we're at it, the parents of serial killers, rapists, murderers, thieves, and other social derelicts should bear full responsibility for what they foisted onto the world, meaning they have to pay reparations to the victims and they have to pay however much it costs to imprison a criminal.
January 31, 2012
I bet this is the only place on the internet where people can tell it like it is about this issue and have it be mainstream instead of "alternative". This article is going around on Fakebook, and it's being "shared" by people who have already reproduced. These people consider themselves "responsible" because they only have 1 or 2 kids and take pretty good care of them. But they would be hard-pressed to admit that they are also part of the problem. And if I were to call them on it, they would probably think i'm just trying to "justify" my choice to not reproduce (or adopt). So I remain reserved in front of them...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 31, 2012
paragon schnitzophonic
The easiest way to get folks to stop breeding? Take away every child-related financial break, benefit, and credit. When breeders have to actually carry the full financial burden of childrearing, they'll figure out that condoms are cheaper. While we're at it, end this whole thing of putting motherhood on a pedestal and giving undue amounts of attention and preference to mothers. If we stop pretending that they're anything special, breeding will slow down because breeders will stop doing things that aren't giving them any attention. While we're at it, the parents of serial killers, rapists, murderers, thieves, and other social derelicts should bear full responsibility for what they foisted onto the world, meaning they have to pay reparations to the victims and they have to pay however much it costs to imprison a criminal.

I could not agree more. Breeders get credit when their children do well in life. So they should also get credit when they don't do well in life.

I agree with holding parents accountable. I don't like how people give breeders a free pass. No matter if your mother is a junkie who abused you and didn't do her job. She still gayve you lyyyyfeeee! the sheeple croak. No matter how the children turn out and how breeders treat their children, their children are called to forgive them their tresspasses and still we are required to worship them. Fuck that.

The only exception IMO is adoptive parents. There's a lot of evidence that genes control a lot of our personality and who we become in life. When you adopt a child, who knows the truth about their sperm and egg donor? So I would not hold adoptive parents as strictly as I hold breeders. That's just me.
Anonymous User
January 31, 2012
It greatly pisses me off whenever there's an article discussing overpopulation the "experts" give in their two cents of how more money needs to be put into seed research and how we need to genetically modify crops so they can yield MORE food for the humungo population.

Let's see:
Population explosion + environmental factors that will lower crop yield = we're fucked

There's a limit to how much food this planet can produce so it would be great if breeders stopped birthing more loaves with the mentality of "IT'S ALL OKAY. MY KYD WILL FIND A WAY TO SAVE EVERYONE."
January 31, 2012
I have a feeling, with all these anti-vax mooos running around, we will have a mass pandemic before 2030 anyhow. We will wipe ourselves out with some sort of hideous disease before the planet dies.
We have come close a few times now....it's just a matter of time.
January 31, 2012
Or move to Japan - it's been predicted their population will fall 30% by 2060.

If I make it to the age of 93, that is.
January 31, 2012
paragon schnitzophonic

For years I've been saying the fed. gov. needs to stop giving famblees credits, deductions, and everything in between. If anything, famblees should have to pay more taxes, not the other way around.
And as for motherhood and mother's day - considering how my own mom treated me at times - fuck that business.
January 31, 2012
paragon schnitzophonic

You are singing my (our) song! Another thing I would do if I were queen is to make parents PAY BACK all of their income tax breaks when their little darlings go sour. Every time I read about some underage thug, it makes my blood boil that its breeders have taken advantage of the tax bennies but fell down on their end of the "deal."

Your kid commits a crime, drops out of school, gets knocked up/knocks someone up? Pay back every cent of tax breaks you've gotten for your Mystayke, and NO MORE SOUP FOR YOU.

cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck angry flipping off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Anonymous User
January 31, 2012
We need to find a way to make people think RATIONALLY about the issues of parenting and reproduction. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon though. I commented on an article about Japan's population "crisis" the other day and, after mentioning that I thought it was irresponsible of Japan to worry about increasing its population when we have 7 billion people on the planet (and that they should consider some other solutions to the problem of not having enough people to pay into their version of Social Security)...and promptly got told I should go ahead and be part of the solution and kill myself. I mean, really, THIS is what society has come to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login