Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yeah, I'm going to rush right out and see this movie :td

Posted by Dorisan 
Yeah, I'm going to rush right out and see this movie :td
July 26, 2012
LINK

I bet the asshole plays the criminal and probably insisted on repeated takes of the rape scene to get it just right.
Re: Yeah, I'm going to rush right out and see this movie :td
July 26, 2012
http://www.allthatknowhim.org/

Stephen Baldwin was the first recipient selected and this honor was entirely unsolicited by him.

Yeah okay, fucko.

___
I had to leave. They were having fun wrong.
July 26, 2012
I used to think Stephen Baldwin was the hottest thing in pants, but ever since I watched him on The Apprentice, I have found him to be condescending and extremely irritating. I cannot stand Born Agains who want to shove religion at me.
July 26, 2012
He used to be cool, back when he was a skateboarder preaching acceptance and love. I think that lasted all of six months before he went all Kirk Cameron.

Well, that movie will be played to death on TBN. Might have to tune in with a bottle of Jim Beam and some of those styrofoam TV bricks.
July 26, 2012
I hate it when victims forgive and embrace their attackers or WORSE, when do that Christian love nonsense with someone who MURDERED a family member. If they feel some great need to forgive and forget for their own conscience, so be it, but MUST they publicize and glorify it? I can say with absolute certainty I would NOT forgive a rapist and I damned skippy wouldn't forgive anyone who murdered a loved one in cold blood. I'd be at their execution if possible or at EVERY SINGLE parole hearing like Sharon Tate's family and others. I wouldn't be at peace until they were dead and I'd be gleeful every time I heard they were assaulted in prison too.smug

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Dorisan
I bet the asshole plays the criminal and probably insisted on repeated takes of the rape scene to get it just right.

No, Baldwin played a fellow cellmate.

Interestingly, the movie is from 2010. In May of 2011, at least, it had not been released to the theatres.

Maybe that's because despite at least one truly creepy, gushing review at the IMDb (the solo user review) the user RATINGS are only at 3.1 out of 10?

Other creepy facts:

1. While it's not clear whether or not there was a gender imbalance in the presumably very religious audience (as opposed to those who took the time to RATE it), the men who rated the movie liked it almost twice as much as the women who rated it.

2. Practically everyone under 45 who bothered to rate it LOATHED it (not once did the average rating for that group go over 1.5). However, women older than that LOVED it. Men over 44, not so much, oddly.
kidlesskim
I hate it when victims forgive and embrace their attackers or WORSE, when do that Christian love nonsense with someone who MURDERED a family member. If they feel some great need to forgive and forget for their own conscience, so be it, but MUST they publicize and glorify it? I can say with absolute certainty I would NOT forgive a rapist

Thankfully, movies about post-Roe women who choose to give birth after being raped by strangers AREN'T that common. (Of course, heaven forbid that any fictional rape victim have an ABORTION....but at least Hollywood generally doesn't try to suggest that they don't.)

But anyway, this movie makes the female character sound a good deal more sane than the one in the Baldwin movie:

"The Price She Paid," (1992 TV-movie), with Loni Anderson:

"Twelve years ago, Lacey was raped and had a son as a result. Now her rapist is out on parole, and since he's the father of the child and has shown signs of rehabilitation, he's been granted visitation rights by a judge. Slowly but predictably, Lacey realizes things just aren't right with him, but thanks to her rapists manipulation, everybody she knows, from her boss to her friends, dismisses her feelings and thinks she's crazy. Meanwhile, her attacker is primed to finish what he started 12 years ago."

Unfortunately, from what I heard, such legal rights for rapists WERE perfectly common back then at least. What's odd is that there are no reviews at the IMDb at all - just a 5.5 average viewer rating. (Of course, anyone can guess that the tide turns in favor of the woman.)

In the meantime, it seems the Baldwin movie was released on DVD this month.
July 26, 2012
stephen baldwin? oh right...the baldwin who isn't alec. smile rolling left righteyes2
July 26, 2012
myrna minkoff
stephen baldwin? oh right...the baldwin who isn't alec. smile rolling left righteyes2

Yeah. Alec was most famous, and Billy was not far behind. Stephen cruised on their coattails but really did not amount to much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 26, 2012
lenona

Must be why Baldwin is shilling it. The actual news story is recent.

I googled the title, looking for reviews. First thing that came up was a trailer on youtube (not going to add to the view count by watching it :lips ) and a synopsis.

Loving the Bad Man is a compelling story about faith, love and redemption.
This feature-length movie explores how God is present in all of us, and shows His glorious power even in the face of racism and such heinous acts as rape and murder. This film reveals the endurance of the human condition, and how we are all part of God's great universe no matter how good or bad we are.
This story focuses primarily on Julie Thompson (Christine Kelly), a young conservative Christian woman, who is truly tested by God and gives birth to a child conceived in rape. This decision leads her on a journey that forces her to explore and redefine her relationships with God, her family, friends and even her rapist Mike Connor (Arturo Fernandez), as she struggles to forgive the man who violated her by boldly visiting him in prison and forging an unlikely bond.

Ummm .... ewww. "...forging an unlikely bond." I'm getting a '50 Shades of Grey' vibe. I wonder if the release to DVD, coinciding with the popularity of '50..' is a subtle marketing measure, hence Lenona's stats (above) on who liked the movie.

ETA: checked Amazon reviews.

"Came across a picture of the movie about 4 hours ago and it interested me to the fullest to the point that it's the first i've actually paid for to see online. It teaches us the greatest lesson in life which is to love the ones that hurt us the most. Thanks to Jesus and then to the one of the idea of making this movie. It changed my life in a way... TOTALLY RECOMMENDED."

"This movie is a true representation of what Christianity should not only look like but be like .
So much work to be done agree or not this is what it is all about."

Has anyone here ever known a person with those kind of views? I couldn't forbear looking at them like they had two heads if I was ever subjected to that kind of nonsense. It's almost like something that would go along with the characteristics of a sociopath: "well, yes, I hurt you, but you're supposed to forgive me. That's what Xst teaches."
I can't imagine forgiving cold-blooded murder.

However, when it comes to those things that are, unfortunately, more or less legal, Miss Manners put it best when she said that often, instead of forgiving and forgetting, she just forgets.

In 1996, Roger Ebert began his review of "Welcome to the Dollhouse" thus:

".........I can recall today with perfect accuracy the names and faces of 11-year-olds who made my life miserable. If I met them today, so many years later, would I forgive and forget? Not a chance. I still hate them. Was I also cruel? Did I have my own victims? Strange, but I can't remember..."

I'm guessing he was lying in that last sentence. What he didn't mention is that all too often, given another 20 years to reform in, the more mild types of bullying DO tend to get completely forgotten by the bullies (as opposed to things only psychopaths would be able to "forget," such as Mitt Romney's cutting off the hair of a young, screaming schoolmate).

In addition to that, the victims will often stew in their juices and make the mild bullying worse in their memories than it really was, which, as a certain notorious person once said, is like drinking poison every day and expecting the other person to die. Moral: If you really want redress or an apology for something that most people wouldn't consider criminal, you have to get it off your chest early, or chances are the bullies won't even remember your NAME.

More on that:

http://www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/inspiration/annies-mailbox/when-bullying-lasts-a-lifetime.html

And a response:

Dear Annie: I read the letter from "Strong but Broken," who wanted to confront the bully she knew in high school 40 years ago. Her therapist was probably right that the bully won't remember.

I found out at my 20th class reunion that the bully in my life had no recollection of making one solid year of high school a living hell for me. What a waste of my energy to hate her for 20 years.

A friend told me to write down everything I'd ever wanted to say to her, read it, tear it up and bury the pieces in the backyard. I did that and then washed my hands of the dirt, as well as the entire experience. — Feel Better Now
July 26, 2012
lenona
... all too often, given another 20 years to reform in, the more mild types of bullying DO tend to get completely forgotten by the bullies (as opposed to things only psychopaths would be able to "forget," such as Mitt Romney's cutting off the hair of a young, screaming schoolmate).

That sentence made me remember this. I'm pretty sure it has already been discussed on this board.

Q. Revenge of the Geek?: I enrolled my two boys into an exclusive private school in our new hometown. At a school event I bumped into an attractive woman whom I didn't recognize. She came by and asked if I remember her. It turns out that she was someone I bullied in high school. After that day I noticed other moms slowly avoiding me. I think she must have told them about how I used to bully her. Eventually my boys started coming home, crying and upset that other kids wouldn't play with them. My younger son was not allowed to join a game of hockey during recess because another boy told him, "My mom says your mom is a b***h." They are now openly being ridiculed and ostracized at school by their peers. I asked to meet my former classmate and apologized for bullying her as I was young and stupid, although I don't much remember what I did. She smiled at me in a creepy way and said she went through therapy for what I put her through. I haven't told my husband about this woman because I'm a little ashamed at how I used to treat her. Putting my boys into another school is not a feasible option, but I just don't know what to do.

A: So this woman's revenge on your long ago mistreatment of her is to lead her children in a campaign to ostracize and bully your children. Boy, oh, boy does she need more therapy. You're understandably ashamed of what you did and want to keep it quiet, but for the sake of your sons you need to tell your husband about it, and how your misdeeds are being revisited on your innocent boys. Then the two of you need to get in touch with the school administration and get this issue addressed. They should take immediate steps to stop the bullying of your sons.

But what may never stop is your own shunning. You have entered a Hollywood-ready high school revenge story. Twenty years after your reign as a mean girl, you're going to find yourself black-balled at the school bake sales and rejected as class mother. Even if you get the other kids to back off your boys, you've got a tough road ahead since now all the other mothers know just how miserably you treated their friend. Let's hope some parents will decide not to relive the worst of high school, understand people change, and refuse to be drawn into this drama. Leading a campaign to have your children mistreated may eventually backfire on this other mother and she may find herself as the unpopular girl all over again. Let's hope with some intervention, your sons' situation dramatically improves in the fall. You say there is no other feasible option but this school, but if all of you find yourselves isolated and unhappy there, there are always other choices.
July 26, 2012
Dorisan
lenona

Must be why Baldwin is shilling it. The actual news story is recent.

I googled the title, looking for reviews. First thing that came up was a trailer on youtube (not going to add to the view count by watching it :lips ) and a synopsis.

Loving the Bad Man is a compelling story about faith, love and redemption.
This feature-length movie explores how God is present in all of us, and shows His glorious power even in the face of racism and such heinous acts as rape and murder. This film reveals the endurance of the human condition, and how we are all part of God's great universe no matter how good or bad we are.
This story focuses primarily on Julie Thompson (Christine Kelly), a young conservative Christian woman, who is truly tested by God and gives birth to a child conceived in rape. This decision leads her on a journey that forces her to explore and redefine her relationships with God, her family, friends and even her rapist Mike Connor (Arturo Fernandez), as she struggles to forgive the man who violated her by boldly visiting him in prison and forging an unlikely bond.

Ummm .... ewww. "...forging an unlikely bond." I'm getting a '50 Shades of Grey' vibe. I wonder if the release to DVD, coinciding with the popularity of '50..' is a subtle marketing measure, hence Lenona's stats (above) on who liked the movie.

ETA: checked Amazon reviews.

"Came across a picture of the movie about 4 hours ago and it interested me to the fullest to the point that it's the first i've actually paid for to see online. It teaches us the greatest lesson in life which is to love the ones that hurt us the most. Thanks to Jesus and then to the one of the idea of making this movie. It changed my life in a way... TOTALLY RECOMMENDED."

"This movie is a true representation of what Christianity should not only look like but be like .
So much work to be done agree or not this is what it is all about."

Has anyone here ever known a person with those kind of views? I couldn't forbear looking at them like they had two heads if I was ever subjected to that kind of nonsense. It's almost like something that would go along with the characteristics of a sociopath: "well, yes, I hurt you, but you're supposed to forgive me. That's what Xst teaches."

I do. I know MANY people who claim they forgive people for often times heinous wrong doings. I will forgive someone IF I truly believe they are sorry for what they did to me AND they don't repeat the behavior. However, I have never been faced with something like a rape or murder personally, so I can't say for certain, but I really doubt forgiveness would be part of it. Also, many people have said to me over the years how revenge, not forgiving, and stored anger is bad for ME. I'd like to say that isn't true in my case because I enjoy getting people back, I THRIVE on planning out the revenge and laying in wait until the prefect moment to exact it even if it takes years, and I take great delight in exacting revenge, when it's deserved. I can't explain the elation and feeling of satisfaction I derive from it,but it borders on giddiness.drinking coffee

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 26, 2012
I got back at a bully from first grade about twenty years later. I just had the opportunity and it was fun and it was like something out of a comedy movie (I spashed muddy water all over him with my sports car and sped off). The enjoyment of that act almost makes it worth it that he ever bullied me.

Mostly I haven't actually forgiven people but I'm not looking for revenge either. I am more worried about these people that think because I don't hate them that we can go back to being like it was before or go out for a beer. No, I'm not mad but we're done and it's ok..some people don't get it.
I always thought Baldwin was nuts, but he really tipped the scales when he got Miley Cyrus's initials tattooed on his arm.
July 26, 2012
kidlesskim

I do. I know MANY people who claim they forgive people for often times heinous wrong doings. I will forgive someone IF I truly believe they are sorry for what they did to me AND they don't repeat the behavior. However, I have never been faced with something like a rape or murder personally, so I can't say for certain, but I really doubt forgiveness would be part of it. Also, many people have said to me over the years how revenge, not forgiving, and stored anger is bad for ME. I'd like to say that isn't true in my case because I enjoy getting people back, I THRIVE on planning out the revenge and laying in wait until the prefect moment to exact it even if it takes years, and I take great delight in exacting revenge, when it's deserved. I can't explain the elation and feeling of satisfaction I derive from it,but it borders on giddiness.drinking coffee

You took the words right out of my mouth. I would seek retribution, delight in every moment of it and never ever regret what I did.
navi8orgirl
myrna minkoff

Yeah. Alec was most famous, and Billy was not far behind. Stephen cruised on their coattails but really did not amount to much.

Adam Baldwin is the best Baldwin by far... though I am strongly biased by my love of Firefly and Serenity... Oh, Jayne.

"Jayne's a girl's name..."

"WELL JAYNE AIN'T A GIRL."
July 26, 2012
I'd never forgive. Not in me. As for revenge? I'm a firm believer in karma...but DAMN I want to be there when they get smacked with it!
July 26, 2012
badgersqueaks
I always thought Baldwin was nuts, but he really tipped the scales when he got Miley Cyrus's initials tattooed on his arm.

Wait, what? He has a tattoo of Miley Cyrus' initials? Why? She is almost as irritating as Justin Beiber. Also, she has the biggest teeth I have ever seen outside of a bridle. She is like a human version of Mr. Ed.
July 26, 2012
jezebel_daisy
I'd never forgive. Not in me. As for revenge? I'm a firm believer in karma...but DAMN I want to be there when they get smacked with it!

Yeah, that about sums it up for me, too.

Forgiveness is for someone who's 10 minutes late, or for a few unpaid parking tickets. Not murder. Not rape. Not anything serious.

Since it was mentioned - let me rant on about this "50 Shades of Grey" book angry smiley

Actually - I remembered a piece I saw about this, probably better articulated than anything I can come up with ~

http://www.hercircleezine.com/2012/05/02/anti-feminist-ideals-in-fifty-shades-of-grey/
chevygirl54
badgersqueaks

Wait, what? He has a tattoo of Miley Cyrus' initials? Why? She is almost as irritating as Justin Beiber. Also, she has the biggest teeth I have ever seen outside of a bridle. She is like a human version of Mr. Ed.

I was wrong, he got Hanna Montana's initials, which is even fucking worse.

http://gawker.com/5097844/42+year+old-stephen-baldwin-reveals-tattoo-of-teenaged-miley-cyrus
July 26, 2012
badgersqueaks
chevygirl54
badgersqueaks

http://gawker.com/5097844/42+year+old-stephen-baldwin-reveals-tattoo-of-teenaged-miley-cyrus

Oh dear. Hannah Montana? Did he lose a bar bet?
July 27, 2012
I was badly bullied during pretty much all my elementary school by a teacher (when I was between 5 and 10) and later by classmates.

Honestly? I don't give a damn. Yeah, ok, they bullied me and hurt me. So what? It happens, to me and to thousands of other. You learn and get on. I wouldn't be friend with those people, but come on, revenge on their children? *eyeroll* repeat after me: Parenting make you more mature.

People should whine less and march on more u.u

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
July 27, 2012
Snark Shark
" It teaches us the greatest lesson in life which is to love the ones that hurt us the most."

THAT'S ONE OF THE STUPIDEST THINGS I'VE EVER HEARD. smile rolling left righteyes2

Agreed. If someone ever murdere or hurt one of my family members, love is not an emotion I would ever associate with that person, ever. Massive, white hot hatred would be the more likely emotion.
July 27, 2012
chevygirl54
badgersqueaks
chevygirl54
badgersqueaks

Oh dear. Hannah Montana? Did he lose a bar bet?

Short version: He was so desperate for a role on her show that he agreed to have the Hannah Montana initials tattooed on his arm.
Miley Cyrus never gave him a role on the show.

WARNING: Link is to a "spirituality" site
http://blog.beliefnet.com/idolchatter/2010/01/stephen-baldwin-regrets-miley.html/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login