Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

REAL Women Share Their Bodies With Their Babies

Posted by law 
REAL Women Share Their Bodies With Their Babies
August 17, 2012
Found a particularly offensive little piece dogshit on Jill Stan-ick's Posts By Others section on her FB wall. http://www.facebook.com/JillStanekProLifePage

A large pink meme states "Real Women Share Their Bodies With Their Babies." There are now 30+ comments between I, another pro-choice woman, and a pair of pro-life morons arguing whether the above comment is offensive towards women and whether or not women who give birth to defective children are responsible for the birth defects.

Feel free to join in.
Re: REAL Women Share Their Bodies With Their Babies
August 17, 2012
Wow. Jeremy is a complete and utter dickwad. Amanda rocks! Is that you? You go girl!
August 17, 2012
smiling smiley

Jeremy also got his ass reamed on Ahnold Schwazeneggah's page. I think he went back and deleted a bunch of his pissy posts but Ahnold managed to save some of them.

Dickwad doesn't even begin to cover it.
August 17, 2012
I can't seem to find the discussion on her page sad smiley
August 17, 2012
CFinPenthouse

It's on the Facebook page under Recent Posts By Others. Click See All.

http://www.facebook.com/JillStanekProLifePage
August 17, 2012
law
CFinPenthouse

It's on the Facebook page under Recent Posts By Others. Click See All.

http://www.facebook.com/JillStanekProLifePage

Thanks! I'm a little lost on FB as I don't have an account.
August 17, 2012
Huh. And here I thought this was going to be about breastfeeding.
August 17, 2012
technically real women has XX chromosome.

naahhh, I don't care if I am not a real woman anyway. fuck on being real woman.
August 17, 2012
felisdomestica
naahhh, I don't care if I am not a real woman anyway. fuck on being real woman.

Hear, hear! I don't need somebody setting harsh boundaries on what constitutes womanhood.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 17, 2012
The only thing that should constitute womanhood is the posession of a vagina. Nothing more.
August 17, 2012
I'm someone who was subjected to I dunno how many permutations of the "real women" bingo, among other bingoes, and it PISSES ME OFF TO NO END.

Making statements about "real women" and tying them into childbirth, breastfeeding, diaper changing, reproduction, etc is probably one of my greatest pet peeves pretty much ever. That and those gawdawful famblee stickers on the backs of cars, and any statement about how "feminine" pregnant women and mothers are.

August 18, 2012
I don't think 'womanhood' is such an exclusive club that we need to be defining boundaries. You say you're a woman, that's good enough for me. I have difficulty figuring out why a person's sex matters at all except in a few rare physical circumstances, although our language forces sex identification. I most certainly don't care about identifying strength of affiliation, genuineness, or whatever it is that they're trying to pinpoint.

What's the goal of this meme attempt? To get barren women to have 'sexless' instead of 'female' printed on their driver's licenses?
August 18, 2012
I hate Jill Stan-ick and wish she would fall into a woodchipper or active volcanoe. I treated her page like I do with every other facebook page for hate groups or "homegrown terrorist" groups (pro-liars, millitant christian pages, 1 million moos, ect) and reported it as hate speach.
August 18, 2012
Idea: somehow argue that Jesus was pro-choice. Post. Watch. eating popcorn

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
August 18, 2012
Anyone who subscribes to pronatalist rhetoric of this sort always come across as devolved in their thinking for a myriad of reasons. They are excluding so many people from the "real woman" category including infertile women who have adopted, infertile women who are unable to adopt for reasons not their own faults, women who are celibate for lofty or religious reasons such as nuns like Mother Theresa, and of course us "childless by choice" women who may dedicate their lives to charitable philanthropic work including helping children. Also lumped into that bunch are women who chose to never marry because they dedicated their lives to other endeavors that involve children such as medical staff in the Peace Corps types of fields.eye rolling smiley

In addition to that, they are completely ignoring the blatant fact that in The United States alone, there are about a MILLION kids within the adoption-foster care system due to their shitty mothers' behavior and probably twice that many whose abuse and negligence by their mothers goes undetected. Then we have to figure in all the tens of thousands of cows who knowingly give birth to terminally ill babies who only suffer until they die. Let's not also forget all the "real women" who are in PRISON, leaving behind countless children to fend for themselves. The staggering numbers of mothers who stand by idly as their men hurt and kill their kids and the mothers who murder their own children need to be counted among the legions of "real women" too.confused smiley

It's preposterous that the measuring stick of a "real man" or "real woman" has become whether they are a parent. As my brief summary of "real women" descriptions above kind of speaks for itself, my only conclusion is that shitting a loaf does NOT a "real woman" make.shrug

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
August 18, 2012
Also, how can a womban share her body with a baby? Do they stick it back inside her after it transitions from fetus to infant?
August 18, 2012
By this anti-choicer's definition, most people who have abortions are "real women"! Most abortions are given to women who already have other children (70% of all abortions since 2008), and of course a number of childless women who have abortions go on to become mothers.

I would expect that those of us who never want to spawn are probably less likely to have abortions than the general population, because we tend to be much more careful about contraception.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login