Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"abortion is never medically necessary to save the life of the mother"

Posted by yurble 
"abortion is never medically necessary to save the life of the mother"
October 19, 2012
From rape not causing pregnancy it is a small step to saying that women's lives are never endangered by pregnancy.

Rep. Joe Walsh, R-Ill., said a debate last night that he is against abortion “without exception,” even in cases of rape, incest, and when the life of the mother is in danger. When asked by reporters if he means that it’s never medically necessary to save a pregnant woman’s life, Walsh said “absolutely.”

“With modern technology and science, you can’t find one instance,” he said. “… There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing.”

Personally, I believe (although I am not backed by any trained doctors) that a blow from a shovel to the head is not dangerous, and is in fact a damn good way to improve the minds of people like Joe Walsh. I challenge anyone to come up with a single paper studying the effects of shovels and Joe Walsh's head which disproves my theory.
Re: "abortion is never medically necessary to save the life of the mother"
October 19, 2012
I sometime wonder.

I wonder if it would be possible to implant an uterus on people like Joe, fertilize an egg, put it here and trow him out in the World.
And then laugh.

Yurble, we could make such a paper. I think it would need lost and lots of tests before being accepted. I am willing, in the spirit of advancement in medicine, to help you with that for free.
I'll also bring my shovel.

Honestly. This... Joe-thingie is a little embarassing. For humanity in general and the US in particular.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
October 19, 2012
Why bother giving him a uterus? Just implant it in the abdominal cavity. Thanks to his recent comments we know that ectopic pregnancies present no risk whatsoever.

Says wikipedia:

Two percent of ectopic pregnancies occur in the ovary, cervix, or are intraabdominal. Transvaginal ultrasound examination is usually able to detect a cervical pregnancy. An ovarian pregnancy is differentiated from a tubal pregnancy by the Spiegelberg criteria.[5]

While a fetus of ectopic pregnancy is typically not viable, very rarely, a live baby has been delivered from an abdominal pregnancy. In such a situation the placenta sits on the intraabdominal organs or the peritoneum and has found sufficient blood supply. This is generally bowel or mesentery, but other sites, such as the renal (kidney), liver or hepatic (liver) artery or even aorta have been described. Support to near viability has occasionally been described, but even in third world countries, the diagnosis is most commonly made at 16 to 20 weeks gestation. Such a fetus would have to be delivered by laparotomy. Maternal morbidity and mortality from extrauterine pregnancy are high as attempts to remove the placenta from the organs to which it is attached usually lead to uncontrollable bleeding from the attachment site. If the organ to which the placenta is attached is removable, such as a section of bowel, then the placenta should be removed together with that organ. This is such a rare occurrence that true data are unavailable and reliance must be made on anecdotal reports.[6][7][8] However, the vast majority of abdominal pregnancies require intervention well before fetal viability because of the risk of hemorrhage.
I have personally been involved in the care of the following:
-Two cases of Hyperemesis Gravidarum so severe both women developed renal failure secondary to severe dehydration. Both cases proved profoundly difficult to treat. I have no doubt both women would have died without a termination. Both women desperately wanted those babies & were devastated,but glad to be alive.
- At least half a dozen cases of women with severe congenital cardiac disease who would have undoubtedly progressed to congestive cardiac failure and death due to the stress of a pregnancy.
-More cases of ectopic gestations than I can remember. I take it that this fud has never seen the aftermath of a catastrophic haemorrhage from a ruptured ectopic? Do the words ''disseminated intravascular coagulation','multi-organ failure' and ' pituitary necrosis' mean anything to him? Believe me, trying to resuscitate even the youngest & healthiest of women from this is a fucking nightmare.
What does he think should happen? Just let women haemorrhage to death? Clueless is too nice a word..

People like this are dangerous the same way the Taliban are dangerous. I would fight TO MY LAST BREATH to prevent people like this having any jurisdiction over women's reproductive rights. They are a menace and a very real danger to us all.
yurble
From rape not causing pregnancy it is a small step to saying that women's lives are never endangered by pregnancy.

In a far-fetched way, this reminds me of one of the few times John Rosemond screwed up, last December: A 14-year-old girl was planning to have sex with her boyfriend and the mother wasn't sure what to do. He wrote:

"By the way, the age of sexual consent in every U.S. state is between 16 and 18. Mom should point that out and assure the girl that she is not shy about pressing charges against the boy. When the girl tells him that - and she will - he will vanish.

(I have to wonder about that - is it still statutory rape when she's 14 and he's 15? If not, there's a problem.)

"Lastly, dad is not mentioned by either mom or the therapist. Maybe he's not in the home, but if he's available, then he needs to sit down with his daughter and tell her how much he loves her and how important it will be to him that he walk a virgin to the altar, not to mention how important it will be to her husband."

(end)

I mean, HONESTLY! What makes Rosemond think that THIS father - if he's around at all, which I doubt - is that different from the mother? Why WOULD he try to give a speech like that to his daughter?

Rosemond doesn't seem to grasp what people have known for centuries; you can make a girl marry while she's still a virgin - that is, in her teens or earlier, OR you can make her marry at the age when pregnancy is least likely to kill her - that is, AFTER she turns 20. Not both. However, most cultures chose the former until the 20th century or so. And, for those who don't know, teen pregnancy is dangerous for the baby as well. (Of course, one reason it was hard for girls to stay virgins in past centuries was that rich unmarried women, especially, were supposed to stay indoors except to go to church, and any unmarried woman - rich or not - who didn't have a chaperone was practically legally fair game for rape.)

Most parents born after 1970 (aside from the most religious ones) do NOT expect daughters to marry at 20 or wait until 30 to have sex if they can't find anyone to marry - and how many men want to marry 30-year-old virgins??

Bottom line is: If parents aren't that religious, kids know that. Therefore, the best such parents can do, IF the teens are over the age of consent, is to play the money card instead - that is: "As long as you're living under my roof and I'm paying the bills, I expect you to do as I say. Even if you don't, rest assured I'm not paying for birth control, an abortion, or the thousands of dollars' worth of baby expenses. YOU will do that."

With any luck, that will work at least until the kid moves out for good - even if the parent is still paying a few bills.
October 19, 2012
The fetus I posted in another thread is evidence of abortion's medical necessity
October 19, 2012
Speaking of losing your life ~

This bonehead was arguing against Tammy Duckworth, an Iraq war veteran who lost both her legs in combat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammy_Duckworth
October 19, 2012
yurble
Personally, I believe (although I am not backed by any trained doctors) that a blow from a shovel to the head is not dangerous, and is in fact a damn good way to improve the minds of people like Joe Walsh. I challenge anyone to come up with a single paper studying the effects of shovels and Joe Walsh's head which disproves my theory.

I think Joe Walsh has already had a few hits to the head with a shovel if his thinking is any indication. What an ass!!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Dear Mr Joe Walsh,

Are you a doctor? No? Are you a woman seeking reproductive info? No? Then kindly butt the fuck out.

I second/third implanting a uterus in him, get him pregnant and leaving him to deal with it. Oh, and maybe dumping him in an area where woman are treated like scum, too.
At first, I got angry but then I realized that I can't be too angry at people with severe/debillitating/dangerous/unmedicated mental illnesses.

This person truly believes that he has reality-warping abilities. If he doesn't believe it happens, it doesn't! People could show him billions of facts, corpses, and motherless children, but he lacks the ability to comprehend it all because it doesn't match his fantasies. How sad and scary.

What I AM angry about is how the hell he got into a position of power. It should be illegal for people who have has his condition to be in positions of power. Perhaps many who voted for him share his condition, too?

Stuff like this is one of the billions of reasons I won't be bringing a child into this world. To me, it's borderline immoral to be bringing people here when their fellow humans, let alone humans in positions of power, are not even in the same damn UNIVERSE, let alone on the same damn page.
I personally know two people who've had to terminate pregnancies in order to stay alive. One had an ectopic pregnancy (fallopian tube, to be specific), and the other had hyperemesis gravidarum.

Both of these women are alive now because of surgical intervention and the option of terminating the pregnancy. Neither fetus would have made it, either.

I'm with JayJay. This Joe Walsh guy is DELUSIONAL and needs professional help for handling his issues.
The stupid hurts!

Rep. Joe Walsh, R-Ill., said a debate last night that he is against abortion “without exception,” even in cases of rape, incest, and when the life of the mother is in danger. When asked by reporters if he means that it’s never medically necessary to save a pregnant woman’s life, Walsh said “absolutely.”

“With modern technology and science, you can’t find one instance,” he said. “… There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing.”

Has he never heard of ectopic pregnancies?
Walsh is one more imbecile who should keep his fucking mouth shut when it comes to women's issues.

Until these whacko right-wing males can get pregnant, they need to stop talking about women's bodies, rape, and birth.

Period.
gwdzee
Dear Mr Joe Walsh,

Are you a doctor? No? Are you a woman seeking reproductive info? No? Then kindly butt the fuck out.

I second/third implanting a uterus in him, get him pregnant and leaving him to deal with it. Oh, and maybe dumping him in an area where woman are treated like scum, too.

Read the book The Fourth Procedure. I read it a long time ago as a kid and it's one of those books that stuck with me. What's weird is that it almost seems plausible.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Oh, okay, Mr. Walsh. I suppose I could've been dead, as well as the non-living clump of cells that hijacked my body, got stuck in my Fallopian tube, and tried to kill me, all bc some douchebag oopsed me, which might as well be rape, if you ask me. Consent should be 100% informed, like when you have to sign releases for medical procedures. People ( and I use the term very loosely to describe my ex, the oopser ), aren't I guess legally required to do so, unless it applies to HIV status and unprotected sex.

So, to recap- abortion isn't necessary to save the life of the mother, bc there's "no evidence" that pregnancy can, does, and always has killed, but it also shouldn't be available to women who've been raped. When someone actually does take a shovel to your head, Walsh, I'll be there to make sure nobody tries to save your life, even though you didn't make the choice to be clubbed updide tour skull, and even though it is likely that you'll perish from such an injury.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login