Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did you know that fatherhood affects you positively?

Posted by blackpearl 
Did you know that fatherhood affects you positively?
November 15, 2012
Got a link on my FB wall from 'perheaika' ('familytime' in English) which says: "Did you know that fatherhood affects a man positively? When you become a dad, you also feel better physically and psychically."

They really need some true dad confessions folks.grinning smiley
Re: Did you know that fatherhood affects you positively?
November 15, 2012
I know many many fathers who would say otherwise.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
November 15, 2012
Turned my father into an alcoholic.
November 15, 2012
Is driving a minivan a good thing now??? What about having his balls in his wife's pocket book??? I'm sure there are men in this world who would disagree.
November 15, 2012
A lot of guys lose their shit once they have kyds. But they may not even realize it until things start falling apart. So at first they feel good about dick werks and kodak moments and Big man Protector status. Then reality sets in, after the damage is done. It reminds me of some of my SO's friends who went full Duh, and now they want to come back to the fold but that's a big "no thanks", they were not there for SO, so fuck em.

Some duhs MIGHT feel they have to be healthy and do well to be there for kyds at first, but they usually get fat and turn into asses at work, brown nosing and fucking over co-workers, no scruples, because they have a famblee to buy kindercrap for.
November 15, 2012
Yup, fatherhood affects a man positively all right. That's why so many fathers drink, beat their wives and kids, have a mistress or three, abandon their families, or just plain disappear once they find out their girlfriend/wife/hookup is pregnant. I suppose the positive impact of fatherhood is also why men are several times more likely to shake an infant to death than a woman,.

Many men do buy into the life script and allow themselves to become the Play Doh that fits neatly into the little mold society has made for them. For most men, having a child means at least a couple months of unprotected sex and proof that they are both fertile and heterosexual. Not to mention the mother will be expected to do the brat-wrangling while Duh gets to go to work and be away from his progeny. But then they notice things like their wives gaining 50 pounds and not caring enough to shower, their money that might once have been spent on luxuries and treats going to school, kid clothes, lessons, doctor visits, etc. The shrieking infant keeps them awake all night, which makes them bitter because shutting the child up is the woman's job and why should he have to hear it when he doesn't want to?

No sex life, either because Moo is too much of a walrus to incite even the tiniest little quiver in a man's junk, Moo doesn't want to wake the kids, or there's just nothing left to feel. Unless of course Moo wants another loaf or Duh is feeling insecure about his penis again and needs some more validation of his heterosexuality.

Should the Duh become pussy-whipped and diaper-whipped, you see him walking around in short shorts, white socks, sandals, a t-shirt and a ball cap with an infant strapped to his chest and a diaper bag hanging off his shoulders.All the while looking like stomped shit - totally defeated, lifeless, empty. Duhs will say they won't be coming home some nights because they're 'working late," when in reality, they're either banging someone on the side or they find that sleeping on the floor at work is preferable to going home to a shrieking wife and screaming kids.

I've also noticed that men who are, at the very least, not crazy about fatherhood (and at worst, fucking loathe it), will refer to their offspring as "my kid." Not "my son/daughter" or the child's name or "my boy/girl." Just "my kid." It's like they want to attach as little meaning and identity as possible to their children because it's one way that allows the Duhs to be somewhat distant mentally.

But that's the price you pay for needing a dick trophy. If you gave every father in the country a loaded gun and 30 seconds alone with his immobilized kids where he could do anything and not suffer ANY consequences, I bet you anything a vast majority of them would blow their kids away.
Cambion
I've also noticed that men who are, at the very least, not crazy about fatherhood (and at worst, fucking loathe it), will refer to their offspring as "my kid." Not "my son/daughter" or the child's name or "my boy/girl." Just "my kid." It's like they want to attach as little meaning and identity as possible to their children because it's one way that allows the Duhs to be somewhat distant mentally.

I'm so glad you said this because I've had this theory for quite a while now; I've noticed that it's mostly young guys or overgrown-frat-boy types that do this.
November 15, 2012
Cambion
If you gave every father in the country a loaded gun and 30 seconds alone with his immobilized kids where he could do anything and not suffer ANY consequences, I bet you anything a vast majority of them would blow their kids away.

I wonder how many of them fantasize about something bloodless and guilt-free, like a fairy godmother showing up and saying "You have two choices: I can give you two hours to pack your stuff and disappear, then I'll wave my wand and erase all memories of you from your kids' minds or I can make the kids disappear and it'll just be you and your wife again."
Oh hey blackpearl, sorry to be off-topic, but are you Finnish? smiling smiley
November 15, 2012
spinstar, I bet that a LOT of men think along those lines. There's probably a few who would give their left nut for a time machine.

Also, I am skeptical of their claim because there's simply no way that such a major trade-off can leave a guy 100 percent better off as a person like that. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Did they link any sources/studies/research about the topic by any chance?
November 15, 2012
Look how fatherhood affected our little "DaddyFiles" Duh. Yeah, he is affected SO positively that he mindfucks his wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 15, 2012
drake
Look how fatherhood affected our little "DaddyFiles" Duh. Yeah, he is affected SO positively that he mindfucks his wife.

If fatherhood had really been positive for Thunderdouche he wouldn't be my all time favorite person to pick on.
November 15, 2012
satansbitch
drake

If fatherhood had really been positive for Thunderdouche he wouldn't be my all time favorite person to pick on.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/daddyfiles

thom_c
satansbitch
drake

The amount of SMUG at this link makes me sick. And he still looks like a hairless Ewok. What a fucking egotistical bastard.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 15, 2012
drake
thom_c
satansbitch
drake

The amount of SMUG at this link makes me sick. And he still looks like a hairless Ewok. What a fucking egotistical bastard.

That's one of his many lousy personality traits. It's also one more reason to declare hunting season on his ass.
November 16, 2012
randomcfchick
Did they link any sources/studies/research about the topic by any chance?

Didn't see any. I guess it's just a statement of the kind you find in some places "did you know that...(insert smth. random)" I can't take it serioulsy.

techpriestess
Oh hey blackpearl, sorry to be off-topic, but are you Finnish?
Not by birth, but i live in Finland...and know some of the language.grinning smiley
November 16, 2012
"Did you know that fatherhood affects you positively?"

Yeah, positively stupid, positively lazy, positively a tool.
November 16, 2012
To be totally honest, fatherhood is regarded by fathers as more satisfying than motherhood is by mothers. Buts that's because fathers don't have to do shit! They bring home the bacon, crack open a beer, get served dinner, maybe kiss their wives (but no sex), and then go to bed to go back to work. They don't have to parent, just work and pay up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
November 17, 2012
catharsist
To be totally honest, fatherhood is regarded by fathers as more satisfying than motherhood is by mothers. Buts that's because fathers don't have to do shit! They bring home the bacon, crack open a beer, get served dinner, maybe kiss their wives (but no sex), and then go to bed to go back to work. They don't have to parent, just work and pay up.

This. A friend of mine's brother was at a family reunion, going on and on and on about how much he wuved being a duhdy, but who was actually doing all the work of keeping the two brats from darwinizing themselves? My friend.
November 18, 2012
I despise duh's as much as I despise moo's. They are so unattractive, as though sperminating someone removes all testosterone (studies show there is a decrerase in testosterone in duh's compared to real men). Even the honest ones who admit to me they made a mistake by breeding are pathetic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login