Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kate Middleton - oh joy

Posted by CherryIce 
Kate Middleton - oh joy
December 03, 2012
I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by her, but I knew this was coming. She's pregnant and I *really* do not want to hear about this royal kid for years and years and years. This is the start of a new era. Once she gives birth to this one, then the speculation will be on for the next. Not one detail of these pregnancies will go unnoticed and soon People magazine will have a cover on how the crap in the kid's diapers shines like a golden crown.

Grooooan.
Re: Kate Middleton - oh joy
December 03, 2012
Alas, the women are expected to become royal broodmares, so not surprised. I was hoping they would buck tradition, at least for a while, but was sad to see they did not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 03, 2012
navi8orgirl
Alas, the women are expected to become royal broodmares, so not surprised. I was hoping they would buck tradition, at least for a while, but was sad to see they did not.

I had hopes too, but I knew it wouldn't happen. We'd have a better chance of winning the Powerball. I guess royalty appeals to some, but I can't imagine giving myself over to that stale old institution to become a broodmare and to wear frumpy dresses for the rest of my life. Oh, and let's not forget the royal duties where you can't stop smiling for a second.

The only thing I get a kick out of is that they refer to their offspring as "issues". That makes me laugh for some reason.
December 03, 2012
Oh snap, another one. I've had my share here in the North with princess Victoria of Sweden and her "issue". Now this.
December 03, 2012
Another beautiful woman ruined... sad smiley

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

December 03, 2012
CherryIce
I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by her, but I knew this was coming.
Why would anybody be bothered by her? She seems pretty innocuous to me but then again I don't really pay British royals much attention.

I never expected her and Prince Baldo to buck the trend. 'Heir and a spare' - that's just the way it is. I can easily see the media attention is going to be excessive and super annoying for the pregnancies and the spawn. I'm glad I wasn't conscious for any of the media junk for Baldo's birth (he's older than I am) or his brother Hot Ginge (we're the same age).
December 03, 2012
pepper labeija
CherryIce
I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by her, but I knew this was coming.
Why would anybody be bothered by her? She seems pretty innocuous to me but then again I don't really pay British royals much attention.

I never expected her and Prince Baldo to buck the trend. 'Heir and a spare' - that's just the way it is. I can easily see the media attention is going to be excessive and super annoying for the pregnancies and the spawn. I'm glad I wasn't conscious for any of the media junk for Baldo's birth (he's older than I am) or his brother Hot Ginge (we're the same age).

Oh, you'd be amazed. Go to a site like Celebitchy and read the comments about her pre-pregnancy (of course the big hypocrites in the comments are falling all over themselves congratulating her and regaling everyone with their own pregnancy stories eye rolling smiley). They slam her constantly for waiting for him, for not working (what exactly is she supposed to do? Dig ditches while the paps take her photo?), for being too slim, for her hairstyle, for the scar she has around her hairline, her teeth, her brows, etc, etc., etc. It's ridiculous.

The only thing I've ever noticed was that her makeup could use a little bit of updating and they should let her break free of the royal dress code once in awhile, but the royals aren't really into anything fresh or modern. That's why I always thought she didn't belong there. She should be with some hot rich dude living it up!
Anonymous User
December 03, 2012
*Sigh*

I knew that this would eventually happen as well, sooner or later.

There is pressure for a royal couple in line to the throne to reproduce. Even if times have change or not.

Wonder if Prince Harry is next. Hopefully he stays unmarried and don't sprog.
December 03, 2012
Okay, I get it. They rag on her like they do conventional celebrities. I don't think she's good looking (quite plain, actually) but she's well groomed and fairly poised, which is something that most of the moos who criticize her can't say about themselves or their spawn. hysterical laughterz
December 03, 2012
In the negative, it is unfortunately her main job. Surely she knew what she was getting into when she married the crown prince. We are also going to be bombarded with that damnable word "preggers." I'll start drinking now in preparation for all the "royal baby bump" references.

In the positive, between her brains and William's memory of his parents, they are likely to be the best parents in the English speaking world.
December 03, 2012
And so it begins.

Buzzfeed article title (I refuse to give them the pageviews by clicking it open)

10 Things To Freak Out About Now That Kate Middleton Is Pregnant

Is she having twins?! Is she buying maternity clothes?! LET'S ALL FREAK OUT IN A SEMI-ORGANIZED FASHION!

Even if it's meant to be funny there will be many more that aren't. :smn

Yawn. Like it is so goddamned important that the Monarchy survive in this day and age. All kinds of crap on Yahoo like articles on acute morning sickness, etc.

http://gma.yahoo.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton-expecting-first-child-162730486.html
Re: Prince William and Kate Middleton Expecting First Child
December 03, 2012
I for one like monarchy as a way to reign (despite my Political Science study, or peraphs because of them I am not a great fan of modern democracy). And, well, a king have to have kids.

I wonder what kind of parents will they be. PNB? Breeders?
Baf. Their choice smiling smiley

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
December 03, 2012
And this different from every celebrity under the sun... How? eye rolling smiley

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
December 03, 2012
There's already a thread on this, Myrle. Maybe you could PM a mod and they can merge these posts with the others.
December 03, 2012
CherryIce
I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by her, but I knew this was coming. She's pregnant and I *really* do not want to hear about this royal kid for years and years and years. This is the start of a new era. Once she gives birth to this one, then the speculation will be on for the next. Not one detail of these pregnancies will go unnoticed and soon People magazine will have a cover on how the crap in the kid's diapers shines like a golden crown.

Grooooan.

No offense to anyone personally, but I think that celebrity-worship, gossip rags, and fawning over the royal family is reserved solely for people with stagnant and mundane lives.

I am far from being the smartest guy in the world, but I am far too interested in reading, learning, and travel to be preoccupied with the trivial matters of another person's pregnancy because they are "royal."

I would relish the opportunity to take a survey among those who are genuinely interested in the royal pregnancy. I would ask the following questions and I can imagine that by in large, I would get the same answers...

1. When was the last time you read a book?

A long time ago.

2. Have you ever left the United States?

No.

3. Would you like to travel outside of the United States?

No.

4. Have you ever visited a National Park?

No.

5. Have you ever visited a museum?

No.

You get the picture.
December 03, 2012
StudioFiftyFour

No.

On this one I think you're wrong. Dullards interested in the UK royal family are probably more likely to be found in the UK than the US. I imagine people in the US are more likely to be interested in American celebrities.
December 03, 2012
Who gives a fuck.
Anonymous User
December 03, 2012
StudioFiftyFour
CherryIce

Grooooan.

No offense to anyone personally, but I think that celebrity-worship, gossip rags, and fawning over the royal family is reserved solely for people with stagnant and mundane lives.

I am far from being the smartest guy in the world, but I am far too interested in reading, learning, and travel to be preoccupied with the trivial matters of another person's pregnancy because they are "royal."

I would relish the opportunity to take a survey among those who are genuinely interested in the royal pregnancy. I would ask the following questions and I can imagine that by in large, I would get the same answers...

1. When was the last time you read a book?

A long time ago.

No.

3. Would you like to travel outside of the United States?

No.

4. Have you ever visited a National Park?

No.

5. Have you ever visited a museum?

No.

You get the picture.

This!

I also notice there is a strong correlation between people who worship celebrities and not being interested in learning about different things. In other words, dumb people worship "celebrities". Thats one of many reasons why there is so many celebrities' pignancies are on the front pages on the Internet. Dumb people are in demand.
December 03, 2012
I guess she's royally fucked now!

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
December 03, 2012
empresskitty

This!

I also notice there is a strong correlation between people who worship celebrities and not being interested in learning about different things. In other words, dumb people worship "celebrities". Thats one of many reasons why there is so many celebrities' pignancies are on the front pages on the Internet. Dumb people are in demand.

Pregnancy in and of itself is boring. It's something that the scientific community has a firm grasp on even at a molecular level. It can be prevented through drug therapy. It can be facilitated through drug therapy. It's not that big of a deal, and I scratch my head wondering why people continue to be so fascinated by the process.

The only thing I can point to--the only thing I can think of--is that maybe people's lives are so trivial, so mundane, so boring, so meaningless, that they MUST glorify things like pregnancy to give their own lives ANY meaning. And when a "royal" is pregnant, or a celebrity, they must have a feeling of connection with the celebrity or royal. They too went through the same process... so it's like they have something in common.

I can't think of any other reason.
December 03, 2012
It was on the U.S. national news tonight. Syria may be about to use chemical weapons and that gets two minutes, but Kate gets 10 minutes.

She has hyperemesis. Isn't that something? She is married to one of the richest people in the world, but right now she's in a hospital puking her guts out and all the money in the world can't make her feel like her normal, non-pregnant self.

Such is the misery that is breeding.

So glad this will never be my life.

*many years ago on EZboard, one of our posters had a period of time in her life when she had baby rabies. She got pregnant twice and terminated both times because she had uncontrollable vomiting. I can't remember what I ate for lunch two days ago, but I remember her story. It was absolutely harrowing.

Dune, if you are around, PM me. I'm sorry I lost track of you.
December 03, 2012
Studio 54,

You are absolutely right. Most people are absolute idiots. They are all up in the lives of people they do not know. One minute, they are being catty and degrading her hair and body. The next minute, they are worshipping her because she fucked without birth control. smile rolling left righteyes2
Anonymous User
December 03, 2012
michaela
I guess she's royally fucked now!

waving hellolarious
Anonymous User
December 03, 2012
Mere words cannot express how little I give a shit about this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login