Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teen moos are kidding themselves!

Posted by brown-eyed diamond 
Teen moos are kidding themselves!
February 03, 2013
The article about the teen mother who was "denied her right to breastfeed" made me think of this article that I had read some time ago. A woman tells of how her childless/childfree friends dumped her. In the comments, some people tell similar stories while others tell the inverse; how they were dumped by friends who became parents.

As I was going through the comments, I saw some parents complaining who had kids at the age of 16, 17 or 18. And all I could think was "DUH! Of course, your friends dumped you! You gave up your adolescence! Why should they give up theirs? And, of couse, they consider themselves as "having matured faster". smile rolling left righteyes2

Also, in most of the comments where parents complain, they say something along the lines of "my childfree friends dumped me because I suddenly couldn't drink and party with them anymore". Gee, maybe if you didn't make such stupid stereotypes and accuse your friends of being non-stop partying drunkards because they didn't want to hear about your kid 24/7, they wouldn't have dropped you. No sympathy here. :Violin

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Anonymous User
Re: Teen moos are kidding themselves!
February 03, 2013
brown-eyed diamond
Also, in most of the comments where parents complain, they say something along the lines of "my childfree friends dumped me because I suddenly couldn't drink and party with them anymore". Gee, maybe if you didn't make such stupid stereotypes and accuse your friends of being non-stop partying drunkards because they didn't want to hear about your kid 24/7, they wouldn't have dropped you. No sympathy here. :Violin

This. I don't stop hanging out with breeders because I want to "go out and party." I live a pretty quiet life.

I drop them because after the 3rd straight hour of talking about Derply's poop, I'm about ready to either vomit or go into a coma.

Breeders are mind-numbing to talk to. That's why they get dumped.

There's nothing "mature" about wrecking your life before you're even old enough to vote. I get really sick of stupid, free-loading, uneducated teen moos painting the CF as human skid marks when reality is that we're the ones doing things with our lives, and they're the ones who wasted theirs.

The fact is that any even marginally intelligent person -- CF or not -- would rather talk to a tree than a breeder.
Re: Teen moos are kidding themselves!
February 03, 2013
I would bet almost every one of the "Boo Hoo All My Friends Dumped Me Moos" belonged to a wider social group that was centered around a certain activity or lifestyle. They thought when they decided to change that the whole group should change, even though the group was never asked. Since being a parent is seen as the ultimate trump card, they just assumed the whole group should follow their lead without question. When the group declines to make the change, Moos get pissed and consider themselves dumped.

If I belonged to a club that went caving every Saturday, I would be stupid to insist that they all start skydiving because I didn't want to cave any more. I would also be stupid to go to a Mommy and Me group and try to turn it into a cigar club. Moos are stupid for thinking that a group that is primarily interested in going out to clubs or music events is going to want to sit at home and look a tiny clothes, change diapers or watch her rub her gut.

Everybody except one person I know who sluiced before the age of 21 were the most immature and idiotic of all. They thought they were so mature for having a baybee but I have yet to know what is mature about getting knocked up, having and keeping a baybee that you could not afford any medical care (covered by Medicaid or parent's insurance) for, shelter (again, living with parents) or even provide basics for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login