Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fed Up and Want to Walk Away From Everything

Posted by lar19 
Fed Up and Want to Walk Away From Everything
February 08, 2013
Yeahhh, this sounds like a fun life.

Fed up and want to walk away from everything

I know I'm opening myself up to a lot of judgement with this, but I need to talk it out and vent. This is really, really long, sorry, but I really felt like I needed to give the back story.

My daughter is 2-years-old. She is my first and only child. I had her in my early 30's. Her dad was someone I hadn't dated for very long. I wasn't even sure if I wanted kids, but if I did have them, I wanted them in a good, solid family situation. My family, although my parents are still married, have never been especially close. We are supportive of one another, but not the family activity type and I wanted something different then that.

Back to her dad...he was raised in foster care and has no family. He was in his late 30's and he convinced me that I was the one who he finally was ready to take that step with and have that perfect little family. Long story short, the second I got pregnant, he dumped me and continued to use my pregnancy to mentally torture and humiliate me. It was nine months of on again and off again, getting us a nice house, then moving out because he "didn't love "me and leaving me to the rent I couldn't afford, borrowing money from me...I could go on and on and on. To abbreviate it once again, by the time I had my daughter, I was completely broke, desperate, miserable. I'd sobbed nearly every day of my pregnancy. I had panic attacks. My boss "laid me off" so I could collect unemployment and move across the country to my family. I never ever wanted to go back to my home state. It's northern and frigid and completely not for me anymore.

I'm sure you know the exhaustion a newborn causes, so after she was born, it didn't get better like I expected. It just got worse. I didn't eat and therefore couldn't maintain breastfeeding. I continued to cry and cry uncontrollably every day. I'd feed her and rock her to sleep and my tears would fall on her. Her dad still had pull over me from halfway across the country, threatening that he would disappear and never help with a thing if I got the state involved in child support. He'd call and scream at me because I had called him and his girlfriend found out. My family was getting frustrated with me because I'd walk around like a zombie all day in my robe and got little joy out of parenthood. No matter how horrible her dad treated me, I continued to give him chances, thinking that his upbringing had him scared. I made some severely stupid choices, but just didn't want to accept that I'd been fooled and lied to. I didn't want to accept that something I had always said was the last thing I would ever want in life was happening to me (single parenting).

Slightly over a year ago, I got a job in the state he had moved to...he helped me pick out a house with promises of helping me pay for it, since he had a job that was paying very, very well. My mom was devastated, which I felt horrible about, but I wasn't willing to give up on a family and I wasn't ready to give up my career, which requires some moving around and weird hours. Not surprisingly, after I moved here, he completely ignored me. I've been here for over a year and he was at my house twice. He gave me a set of couches and $200 right after I moved. Then he disappeared. Child support can't find him. He won't put utilities, vehicles or anything that might trace him in his name. He works under the table for cash. I know this because a friend he screwed over called me and is trying to help me find him.

My job is insane hours. Luckily, I have really great neighbors who have taken over daycare for me and do just about any hours I need, but I pay dearly for it. Any second I want to myself comes at a price. I make just enough to not qualify for any assistance. My parents have paid rent for me and borrowed me THOUSANDS of dollars already. I make just enough money to not qualify for any kind of assistance. Yesterday, I didn't have a sitter and took her into work with me. It took 5 hours to do one hour of work, because she wouldn't leave me alone and kept making a disaster.

I have considered moving back home where I would have help. However, rent and daycare is twice to three times as much there. I would end up living in a shitty apartment and dealing with the freezing, long winters and landscape with zero character that I detest so much. I feel like either way I'll hate my life. I can either be broke with no life living away from my family, or I can be miserable about the locale and not have much more because of the higher cost and get the occasional weekend off free of charge.

My electricity is shut off. We're currently staying with a bachelor co-worker in a tiny apartment until I get my taxes back and can pay the bill. My checking account is constantly overdrawn. As if I didn't have enough money issues, I started smoking again out of pure stress. I thought I'd never go back to that disgusting habit. Out of sheer bordem and lonlieness, I've started drinking more after she goes to bed. I can't wait to get fucked up some nights to forget how miserable I am.

I hate it all. I hate changing diapers and cleaning up constant disasters. I hate being sassed back at and I hate sitting at home night after night after night without the freedom to even run to the store. I hate that I was fooled...I spent years figuring out what I wanted to do with my life and finally figured it out and it's nearly impossible to do the job I love as a single mother. I hate when people complain about being a single mother and then say they only get a break "every other weekend" when their child's parent takes them. I'd kill for that weekend. I hate the never-ending laundry, the constant noise, the hauling bag of crap around to accommodate a kid, the in and out of carseats, the poverty and the exhaustion. I get up for work at 3AM. By the time she's in bed, it's just about time for me to go too. I don't mind working one bit. I wish I had more money for daycare so I could spend more time at work, instead of lonely hours at home.

All I do is yell at her. She's sweet and cute and beautiful and funny, but all I do is yell. I'm already counting down the years til she's 18 and I can't wait til I can legally just LEAVE. My mom just took her for 3 weeks over Christmas and I was actually annoyed when she said she was on her way to drop her off. I just wanted to be alone. I am so close to either calling my mom and telling her I can't do it anymore or finding her dad and dropping her off at his doorstep. He's a total sociopath who ruins lives, but all I can think is that it's only fair that he see what it's like. I just want to run away and go back out west and never again contact my family or friends and just have my old life back. I've considered counseling, but I don't qualify for any sort of low-income help and I can't afford the $25 co-pay to go weekly, nor do I really have any sort of time. The only thing that's improved since the day I got pregnant is that I don't bawl uncontrollably without warning on daily basis. At least moving here finally got it through my thick skull that her dad is a liar, loser and has no soul and will never, ever help with anything...and even that doesn't stop me from wanting to leave her with him.

I will never, ever have another child no matter what the circumstances. Pregnancy was emotionally traumatic to me. I would never take the slightest risk that someone might walk out on me and leave me a single mother of two. ***shuddering*** I still have not met a guy who isn't at least 20 years older then me who has the slightest capability of sitting home every night with a kid, especially with my schedule.

I don't know what advice anyone can give me; maybe I just need to vent. People keep telling me "it gets better." Yeah, in certain way it has, but in other ways it's way worse. I feel like the world's most miserable person. I'm bitter, angry and a horseshit mother and I'm just FED up.
Re: Fed Up and Want to Walk Away From Everything
February 08, 2013
Has this simple minded bitch ever heard of adoption??? Welcome to hell. Bed made lie. :Violin:bedmadelie

Yes, I'm enjoying moo's misery and I should probably save my response for my things that make me a bitch file. Too bad moo didn't consider ANY of the things she vented about before sluicing.
February 08, 2013
If he dumped her as soon as she got knocked up, why did she keep it? She could have gotten an abortion and ended the problem before it began.
February 08, 2013
satansbitch
Has this simple minded bitch ever heard of adoption??? Welcome to hell. Bed made lie. :Violin:bedmadelie

Yes, I'm enjoying moo's misery and I should probably save my response for my things that make me a bitch file. Too bad moo didn't consider ANY of the things she vented about before sluicing.

I enjoyed reading it for the pure fact that this shit will never be me. It's hard to feel bad for someone's stupidity. My only dilemma for the night is which bottle of wine do I want to open while I catch up on my DVR?
February 08, 2013
satansbitch

This isn't always possible. In some states, you need the father's permission to put the loaf up for adoption. If this asshole is as controlling as he seems, he'd probably nix the adoption just to force her to raise his mini-me.
What an asshole. He convinces her to get knocked up, then dumps her and treats her like shit. She was set-up. While I think she's stupid to have kept the kid, I'd love to meet the douchbag who did this to her. I'd kick him the balls with the pointiest pair of Manolos in my closet. By the time I was finished with him, he'd never inseminate another woman again.
February 08, 2013
What. A. TRAINWRECK!!

Part of me has a little sympathy for her because the guy sounds like a douchebag and probably used being raised in foster care as an excuse. But then, part of me feels like she asked for it by having a child with someone she hadn't dated for long to begin with. Coming to the conclusion that he'd be father material that soon is her first mistake.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
February 08, 2013
Peace
This isn't always possible. In some states, you need the father's permission to put the loaf up for adoption. If this asshole is as controlling as he seems, he'd probably nix the adoption just to force her to raise his mini-me.

I may be wrong, but don't safe haven laws prevent this? Or do not all states have safe haven laws?

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
February 08, 2013
brown-eyed diamond
Peace

I may be wrong, but don't safe haven laws prevent this? Or do not all states have safe haven laws?

You made me curious enough to ask my friend Google. All states have safe haven laws. They also have "Duhddy is off his rocker and this is the safest option for everyone" laws.
February 08, 2013
satansbitch
brown-eyed diamond
Peace

You made me curious enough to ask my friend Google. All states have safe haven laws. They also have "Duhddy is off his rocker and this is the safest option for everyone" laws.

I thought safe haven laws were only for newborns. Can you drop off a 2 year old at a safe haven?
February 08, 2013
I don't feel sorry for her at all. She sounds like a fucking moron. She needs to grow a fucking SPINE and learn how to deal with looking out for herself and quit trusting other people who continually abuse her. Women like this are an embarrassment to my gender.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
February 08, 2013
Peace
satansbitch
brown-eyed diamond
Peace

I thought safe haven laws were only for newborns. Can you drop off a 2 year old at a safe haven?

In all fifty states safe haven laws apply until a child's third birthday. Moo could dump her literally the day before that and it would be legal.
February 08, 2013
satansbitch
Peace
satansbitch
brown-eyed diamond
Peace

In all fifty states safe haven laws apply until a child's third birthday. Moo could dump her literally the day before that and it would be legal.

Then moo needs to do this. This would be the best option for everybody.
Anonymous User
February 08, 2013
Peace
satansbitch
Peace
satansbitch
brown-eyed diamond
Peace

Then moo needs to do this. This would be the best option for everybody.

She needs to do this yesterday. Reading that story, I practically hear a voice screaming my head "post-natal abortion in the making!". She is overwhelmed with a capital O and things cannot get better at this rate.
February 08, 2013
If she can relinquish her parental rights, then she needs to do so.

Or, she needs to put an ad in the paper, looking for one of those "loving couples" who want to buy a nice, white baby.

This is a scenario for BIG TIME child abuse.
February 08, 2013
Suddenly my extremely shitty week seems less bad since I am not that stupid woman.

I hope she doesn't have a post natal abortion.
February 08, 2013
The feeble minded bitch looked around and found herself in her 30s without a mayun and a sprog. Don't you know that's what all women do? Sprog with a shiftless creep and have a kid to make a little, perfect famblee. Like most breeder cows, she thought she could will a whole 'nother person to play house. Which is odd since men who want to breed are a dime a dozen.

Adoption is out of the question because the sprog belongs to her. And who knows? Maybe the abusive creep may come to his senses and come back for the missus and the sprog. Better keep her around.
Anonymous User
February 08, 2013
This is what happens when people fail to take responsibility for their own lives. It's the guy's fault for 'tricking' her and leaving and the child's fault for being born. She doesn't acknowledge that every choice she made led her to this point. In the meantime, while she's mourning the life she had or 'should have had', her child is the one who suffers most.
February 09, 2013
There's no way that dickbag baby-daddy wasn't throwing big, flaming red flags left and right. She either saw them and ignored them or was clueless enough to not notice. It's certainly no mystery why she's miserable and that moohood isn't for her, but damn that's one unlucky little kid. And apparently the bint never heard of abortion OR adoption. She really does need to hie to an adoption agency or social services. Two years old (and white) is still young enough for couples to feel like they got a "good deal." The older she gets, the more that opportunity is lost. What a clusterfuck.
February 09, 2013
I have been around long enough, and I am waaaay too smart to believe one word this worthless bint says. I see her future and it is NOT what she "guarantees" it will be.

She will meet the mayun of her dreams, and immediately decide that she wants to do motherhood "the right way". She will sluice again to prove she's a good person. These cunts are all alike. It would be like Nate Silver predicting who will be president.

I would be willing to bet my tickets to South By Southwest on it.
February 09, 2013
She went back to the loser AGAIN after he screwed her over the first time? What a moron. The best thing she can do right now is accidentally leave the kid in a hot car, because this poor child has no chance in life if she has the same defective brain as her mother.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
February 09, 2013
You know, I've made some fucking bad decisions in my life, but none have ever landed me in a situation (at first I mistyped that as "shituation," which I may have to use in earnest from now on) like this. And it won't happen, because I'm not going to get knocked up with some loser's spawn, then persist in the deluded belief that if I wish really really really really really really really really really really really really really hard, everything will change for the better. And yet, according to breeders, I’m the selfish, irresponsible person, by virtue of being CF.

This woman is fucking crazy. It’s like she’s addicted to making bad decisions and ruining her own life. If she really wants to make things better, she can give the kid up for adoption (there’s still time for a level-headed couple to adopt her and undo the damage), get her tubes tied, and get a fucking job.

ETA: she says she's living with a "bachelor co-worker," talks about how he watches her spawn for her, actually uses the phrase "playing house" to describe the situation, and talks about how she's lonely when he's not around. I hope this guy runs for the hills (or rather, makes them move out once she gets her money), unless he wants to spend the next twenty years fixing her mistakes.
Anonymous User
February 09, 2013
alana
ETA: she says she's living with a "bachelor co-worker," talks about how he watches her spawn for her, actually uses the phrase "playing house" to describe the situation, and talks about how she's lonely when he's not around. I hope this guy runs for the hills (or rather, makes them move out once she gets her money), unless he wants to spend the next twenty years fixing her mistakes.

What are the odds that the "bachelor co-worker" is a kiddy diddler?
February 09, 2013
drake
I don't feel sorry for her at all. She sounds like a fucking moron. She needs to grow a fucking SPINE and learn how to deal with looking out for herself and quit trusting other people who continually abuse her. Women like this are an embarrassment to my gender.

This; so much this! She's clearly read one too many romance fantasies in her sad excuse of a life. Not only does all of the stupidity and cowardice piss me off, it's also that she *KNOWS* she could move back with her family and have an easier time, but "BAWWW!!! It's COLD there and I don't like the cold!!! BAWWW!!!" What a worthless piece of shit! :headbrick
February 09, 2013
I can see at least three points in which this gal could have saved herself: 1. abortion the moment the babydaddy abandoned her, 2. abortion when her depression spiked, 3. adoption upon birth, or surrender under the safe haven law.

I feel sorry for that poor, poor kid. It didn't ask for any of this. And it will more than likely pay the price by growing up in poverty with a distant, resentful mother.
February 09, 2013
Not only should the moo look at adoption or safe haven laws, but I'm fearful enough for the child after reading that screed that I think moo is unstable and CPS should be involved now. Post-natal abortion in the making indeed.

On notifying the father, every state has exceptions in adoption laws for situations such as hers in which he cannot be found or is dangerous. The most anyone in authority is likely to do to try to find him is to post a notice in the newspaper—notices that hardly anyone reads anyway, especially these days in which few actually look at a newspaper.

Bed–made–lie, but there is an innocent victim involved with this trainwreck, and none of us should want any harm to come to the daughter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login