Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Should I Try to Toughen Up My Nipples for Breastfeeding? (Gross Moos Share Nasty Udder Tales)

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://www.babycenter.com/404_should-i-try-to-toughen-up-my-nipples-for-breastfeeding_2601.bc

lactation consultantThe Udder Goddess Speaksbowing
You don't need to do anything to toughen up your nipples for breastfeeding. Nonetheless, you can start preparing yourself for breastfeeding. You should be noticing some small pimple-like protrusions around the areola, the darker area around the nipple. These are called Montgomery's glands, and they secrete oil that fights bacteria, lubricates and softens the skin, and adjusts the pH balance. Avoid washing the nipples with soap, as it removes this beneficial oil and may dry the tissue, causing it to crack — a daily rinsing with warm water is all that's necessary. Oh, I doubt telling Inpig Moos to stay away from soap will be a problem.bouncing and laughing

For flat or inverted nipples, some mothers have found that wearing breast shells daily during the third trimester loosens or breaks the adhesions that cause the nipple to stay flat or go inward. Dimpled nipples benefit from a special type of nipple ring that can be purchased through the Lactation Institute in Encino, California — call the La Leche League at (800) LALECHE or (800) 525-3243 for more information. Udder feeders have special titty rings? Who woulda thunk it?confused smiley

Moos Share Their Titty Storiesmoo with baybeem

Loaf Led Latching
I read about latching and holding but honestly nothing will really tell you how to nurse. I know mothers that read so much about it and it still didn't help with the actual nursing process. I nursed for 13 months with my first one and it just came natural. Do what your gut and the baby tells you. Try to make your own schedule. You will have some discomfort among other things but remember the bonding that you are getting with your baby and you will get through it. That will help you relax. I nursed with no substitute and pumped no problem. At 13 mos she had a sippy cup, no pacifier and I lost all my preg weight. Just let the nature take it's course. I don't understand why the need for these PAID titty consultants and extensive reading material about udder feeding and what not. Wouldn't it just be the easiest thing to stick the udder in the suckling's pie hole and let it have a go at it?shrug

Pop Up Udder
I have flat nipples and found that pumping for a couple of minutes before feeding brought them out. after a couple of weeks though, just the baby breathing on them made them pop. I expect no problems this time either. You know, the visual I get of her flat nipples and the loaf breathing on them making them pop up makes me sick to my fucking stomach.eye rolling smiley

The Taffy-Puller and Udder Scrubber
I toughened up my nipples before both of my children & will do it again! While breastfeeding, I never had any pain or discomfort,or suffered from cracked nipples or other problems. People will tell you that your body was made to nurse so it won't hurt...Your body was made to have a baby too but I can assure you, you will be sore! About 6 weeks before my children were born I began roughing up my nipples with a washcloth in the shower. I also would pull on them at least 100 times a day, usually while going to the bathroom or right before bed. This will make you sore but it is better to get it over with while you have an option to stop rather than be in agony while you are nursing every couple of hours. Also, when you begin nursing if you ever notice a sore spot in your breast, this could be the onset of a breast infection. I had this with my second child. All I did was massage the tender area while he was nursing to help unclog the duct. It helped & it never got worse!saying 'wtf'

Bleeder Breeder
I really regretted not toughening them with my second baby. Cracked, bleeding nipples don't make for a very good nursing experience! I would cry from the pain as she nursed, and I really did not like seeing my blood in her spit up either. I will most DEFINITELY be toughening my nipples this time around! WHY ON EARTH do they keep udder feeding if the loaf is sucking out a bunch of blood and goo and it HURTS?:headbrick

There are 9 pages of this nonsense with each Moo udder comment more disgusting than the next.two faces puking

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
If it hurts so fucking much that you have to toughen your nipples up by pulling on them and scrubbing the first layer of skin off them with a rag, why tit-feed at all? Especially when there is the alternative of formula that probably is far better nutritionally than any fluid coming out of Moo?

Oh wait, what am I saying? These are MOOS we're talking about. They all try to one up one another in regard to pignancy, childbirth and feeding, so you get tossed to the bottom of the ladder if you take your tit out of Junior's mouth and replace it with a bottle. Of course, even when they are bleeding from their engorged tits into their loaves' pieholes, they STILL won't stop tit-feeding.

Women have tit-fed their bastards for ages. Why is it such a fucking exact science now? Why do we need lactation consultants to advise women on how to feed their kids? I doubt women before sat and twiddled their nipples in preparation for boob-feeding. I would never do this shit. The fucker would get formula and if that wasn't good enough, he could have fun starving.
Why is there no coach for vaginal widening before sluicing? The ones that opt for vaginal births all seem to need episiotomies at the very least. A collection of dildos of graduated sizes might keep them from developing the dreaded Vasshole/Vaginabutt. Since most of them seem so fixated on pushing it out of their hole, it seems like concentrating a little more on training the hole might be helpful. hysterical laughterz
I am still trying to wrap my mind around a bloated Inpig Moo, hunkering naked over the toilet seat, taking a dump or playing with her Coo-Goo, while tugging on her udders 100 times like it's normal. "Watcha doing in there honey?" asks the horny-toad duddy with moobs. "Oh, I am just a-tuggin' on my udders, I'll be in there in a minute".bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
You know, the visual I get of her flat nipples and the loaf breathing on them making them pop up makes me sick to my fucking stomach.

Same here! Who needs a husband to stimulate you, when you have a loaf? two faces puking And your description of the gropey, mucus-dripping moo on the toilet is probably dead-on accurate.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
I didn't see this important exercise.

Before your belly gets bloated, sit on the floor. Lean forward as far as possible reaching toward your toes. Stay in that position for 5 seconds (grab your ankles or shins if you need to hold the position) During that 5 seconds say "Knees, meet boobs. In a year or two they will be moving to your neighborhood permanently." Repeat this exercise until you accept that you will have boobs like half-filled feedbags/shriveled carrots or until your parasite becomes to large to allow you to bend forward.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login