Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Places kids don't belong

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Places kids don't belong
June 19, 2013
Got bored earlier today and was browsing Cafemoo and saw this thread. Thought some of the replies were interesting.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/18670219/Places_children_dont_belong

Hope this works, I don't know if my computer posted it right.
Anonymous User
Re: Places kids don't belong
June 20, 2013
To paraphrase, idiot brats don't belong anywhere.
Anonymous User
June 20, 2013
Places kids don't belong:
- out in public
- anywhere I am
June 20, 2013
I want to stand up and applaud the OP for her opening list!

Where are some places that you wouldn't take your kids?

My list:

1. A movie that is not rated G or PG

2. A wedding (unless they are specifically requested or it is family)

3. Showers (unless they are specifically requested)

4. Bars (Bar and Grills are okay during meal times)

5. Live Theatres or Symphony Shows (Unless it is a kids show and/or I KNOW they can handle it.)

YES! A thousand times, YES! If they would simply follow this short list, half my complaints would evaporate.

Anonymous User
June 20, 2013
Work.

Unless it's a fucking daycare, or something.

Oh, I almost forgot - anywhere they aren't explicitly invited is also off-motherfucking-limits; as well, NO DROP-INS WITH CHILD IN TOW!

Sincerely,
A ChildFree Bitch Who Chose Not to Have Any, So That She Wouldn't Have to Put Up With Any
June 20, 2013
Outside of their parents home, except for legitimate emergencies. Elsewhere only by invitation.
June 20, 2013
The original list is actually pretty good, and covers a lot of bases. I'm with nathanomir--if they'd stick to this list, a LOT of my own gripes about poor parenting would evaporate.

Aside from the obvious places where they're banned by law (sex toy stores, bars, strip clubs, cannabis clubs, etc), I would add:

-High-end restaurants
-Court proceedings, unless they're a witness
-Legal/gov't. offices such as DMV, county clerk, etc. They cannot handle the wait time that's sometimes involved.
-Wineries/wine tastings. Yes, some wineries allow kids in any area that's not the tasting area.
-Anyplace after bedtime (around 9 PM), unless the kid is sick and you have to take it to get medicine.
-College classes. Absolutely no reason for them to be present. Get a sitter. If there's none available, stay home.
-My house or car.
Anonymous User
June 20, 2013
Good list. Most places have already been listed but I'll add mine too.

-High end clothing stores/any shop that sells really expensive and breakable shit.
- Beauty and hair salons particularly the so called high end ones.
-Movies theaters
- My house
June 20, 2013
One commenter posted something like "MY kids belong EVERYWHERE." You can almost feel the smug coming through your computer screen. I hope she's been told more than once that her kids are unwelcome, but I'm sure that would just spark "mama bear" idiocy and would cause the person to cave.
June 20, 2013
In the middle of the ring at a dog agility trial. When I saw a kid as part of the ring crew at our last trial I got worried, my dog tends to bark at kids (she doesn't bite anyone, at least she never has), and just generally isn't used to them. Somehow I doubt she's the only high strung canine like that either. Fortunately she ignored him like every other ring crew person but how do they know someone's dog is just not child friendly? Or was a rescue who had been hurt by kids in a previous home?

Sigh, I was probably the only person there out of hundreds that saw a potential problem.
June 20, 2013
gun ranges
airplanes (except real 911 emergencies)
places were safety is an issue.
places where noise can cause hearing loss - rock concerts, industrial places auto races etc.
hospitals except as patients.

June 21, 2013
Two incidents that come to mind:

Husband took me to a fancy Italian place for a special occassion. In walks a pair of breeders with a kid that is about three. This place doesn't do kid's menus or high chairs. They proceed to ignore their brat while he bangs on the table with a breadstick.

We went to see The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in theaters. A family behind us had a kid that was probably six. I'm sure he enjoyed the cat mutilation and anal rape scenes. Good on you, parents, good on you.
Anonymous User
June 21, 2013
Places where I don't want to see nor hear any fucklings.

- Institutions of higher learning.
- Any workplaces. "Take Your Fleshnoob Little Angel to Work Day" should be annihilated from the calendar.
- Upscale restaurants with nary a scrap of kiddie fare. Take the brats future cancer curers to Mickey Dees or Chuck E. Cheese.
- Art galleries/museums/costume displays. Nothing here "for the juniors".
- Operas, plays and theater events.
- Black and white-tie balls and weddings.
- Nightclubs, jazz clubs, strip clubs, music festivals, raves and bars/pubs.
- Sex toy stores and R-rated movies (obviously, but subtlety and common sense are foreign concepts to the average breed-uhhh). Dunce cap
- Parties/gatherings/poetry readings with a large amount of booze.
- First, business and premium economy classes on airliners.
- Anywhere after a certain time (e.g. after Lhyttehl Phreighscheous's bedtime). That's right, ANYWHERE. That includes the mall, grocery stores, the library or any public space.
June 22, 2013
I saw one post had mentioned government offices like the Department of Motor Vehicles. Funny they mentioned that. I was just there two days ago to renew my drivers license. Place opened at 8:30. I got there at 8:20 and there was a line forming at the door. Way back in the line behind me I hear the incoherent sound of a howler monkey. Didn't take long. Typical.

jbs
June 22, 2013
Anywhere within a 2 kilometres of me? Can that be possible??
Anonymous User
June 22, 2013
-Clothing stores that aren't kid stores.
-Gamestop, I'm serious.
-On M-rated, multiplayer games. Trust me, they're more common than you think.
-Libraries.
Anonymous User
June 23, 2013
-Cat shows
-Reptile shows
-Apartment parking lots!! Seriously in my old place they were always running out into the goddamn parking lot
-Bachelorette parties
Anonymous User
June 24, 2013
- Public transport for a journey longer than an hour.

After spending 6 hours with bratlings on a bus, I'd have preferred them to fly for 40 minutes instead...
June 24, 2013
Funerals. I drove to Quebec to attend my aunt's funeral this past weekend. She did love her grandchildren and their kids. But kids running around squeeling at a solemn event are distracting. Meemaw spent the last year in the hospital, surely no infant is required to grieve in public.
June 25, 2013
Online on M rated team-based games. Some of the online sessions I've had on Left 4 Dead (a zombie shooter) have had tweens on my team, often cussing and trying to sound tough in their high pitched kid voices. Sometimes these gaming sessions are at 10-11 in the evening, and my first thought is when I come acrross these is "Shouldn't they be in bed by now? And why did their parents let them get an M rated game?"
June 25, 2013
nightfire
Online on M rated team-based games. Some of the online sessions I've had on Left 4 Dead (a zombie shooter) have had tweens on my team, often cussing and trying to sound tough in their high pitched kid voices. Sometimes these gaming sessions are at 10-11 in the evening, and my first thought is when I come acrross these is "Shouldn't they be in bed by now? And why did their parents let them get an M rated game?"

THIS. Stupid little fuckface brats are the main reason I don't play CoD online.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Anonymous User
June 29, 2013
Stupid Moo
My children belong everywhere. LOL! If you never take children out they will never learn how to behave in all these different places.

Methinks her crotchfruit don't belong anywhere.
June 30, 2013
Hanging about and making a nuisance in the changing rooms. Next small arm or face I see peek under the door as the oblivious parent gets changed next door will get a kick.

Mucking about in the lap lanes at the pool and interfering with people as they exercise.

Mucking about in the hydrotherapy pool, often with the parents walking straight past the sign banning people under 16 unless they are there for therapy.

Supermarkets if their parent is more than an arm's length away. I am not dodging the next one that pelts up the aisle. I am fat and I guarantee I will win in that clash.
June 30, 2013
tausa
Hanging about and making a nuisance in the changing rooms. Next small arm or face I see peek under the door as the oblivious parent gets changed next door will get a kick.

Mucking about in the lap lanes at the pool and interfering with people as they exercise.

Mucking about in the hydrotherapy pool, often with the parents walking straight past the sign banning people under 16 unless they are there for therapy.

Supermarkets if their parent is more than an arm's length away. I am not dodging the next one that pelts up the aisle. I am fat and I guarantee I will win in that clash.

Your post reminds me of the time I kicked a door in a public bathroom. It didn't hurt the little fucker peeking at me but it did make him wet his pants. I thought that was the funniest part.

I also decided to stop and see if some stupid little fucker really would walk into my shopping cart. I could have moved but thought it would be funnier to see him walk headlong into it. I got a good laugh out of that.
Anonymous User
June 30, 2013
I frequent the two malls here regularly, and will add: Tobacconists, cutlery stores, Hot Topic, tattoo parlors (yes, there are tattoo parlors in malls here), GNC and similar stores, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Golfsmith and Spencer's (especially in the section with erotica and sex toys, by the vuvuzela rack, at the candy counter, in the area with the breakable disco balls, strobes and other party lighting, or at the energy drink cooler)

Antique stores, antique fairs, gun shops, taxidermists and pet grooming salons are others.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login