Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

China

Posted by Annie 
Annie
China
November 26, 2005
I've been reading about China's solution to its overpopulation problem. I don't approve of their methods (women are coerced into abortions, if the baby born is a girl, she's abandoned, etc.), but I believe something needs to be done about the overpopulation problem, which is a problem of ALL countries.

If people had to be licensed to have kids (only those who met stringent mental health, emotional health, and financial health standards would be approved - and would be allowed to have two kids - MAXIMUM) - there would probably only be 1 billion people in the entire world. Probably not even half that, when you think about it.

I'm just so tired of being exposed to idiots who can't take care of a plant, being in charge of another human beings life and welfare.

I believe bad parents should be vaporized (maybe I do agree more with China's solution than I want to admit). I'm just sick of reading about kids being murdered, kidnapped, neglected, etc., due to the morons who conceived them.

May there be a special section in hell for them all.
the professor
Re: China
November 26, 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underpopulation

It is widely believed that there will be an underpopulation crisis in Japan by 2014, which is unsolvable except by massive immigration. It is also believed that there could be the same crisis in Western Europe; however, immigration there may help to offset the crisis. Problems could arise in Eastern Europe and Russia too, where the natality fell abruptly after the end of Communism. Underpopulation is also believed to be the root cause of the possible future failure of the United States Social Security system, but, until now, the constant flow of immigrants delayed the problem

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3560433.stm

The growth rate of the world population has slowed down, according to the US Census Bureau.
Its report says there were 74 million more people in 2002 - well below the 87 million added in 1989-90.

The rate of growth peaked 40 years ago, when it stood at about 2.2% a year. The bureau partly attributes the drop to women having fewer children.

In 1990 women around the world gave birth to 3.3 children on average, the report says.

By 2002, the average had dropped to 2.6 children - slightly above the level needed to assure replacement of the population.

The bureau's projections show the level of fertility for the world as a whole descending below replacement level by 2050.

It forecasts there will be nearly 9.1bn people by 2050, just under a 50% increase from the 6.2bn in 2002.

GuiltFree
November 26, 2005
I say, "Good, let the population keep dropping". In fact, I hope we humans go extinct. If I'm the last person on Earth 50 years from now, oh well. I don't care if there's no one left to "wipe my ass". I'll deal! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!
November 28, 2005
China has been limiting family size, or trying to, since the Communists came to power in the 1930/1940s. It's nothing new.
Nour
November 28, 2005
Thanks for those numbers. It's interesting that people get alarmed that they may not be "replaced." So what? Fewer people here, I would argue, is better than a greater number of people leeching off the earth.
CF Scorpio
November 28, 2005
Annie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been reading about China's solution to its
> overpopulation problem. I don't approve of their
> methods (women are coerced into abortions, if the
> baby born is a girl, she's abandoned, etc.),

Yes, those things DO happen in China, but keep in mind that it's the inherent misogyny in Chinese society that makes them kill/abort/abandon female babies & fetuses, not the Chinese government. The Chinese people themselves think boys are more desirable as babies and they apparently think it's auspicious to have the firstborn be a boy, so they will abort a female fetus. The government does not encourage that particular line of thinking.
Anonymous User
December 22, 2005
The surplus of males, a biiig surplus of males in China should lead to an interesting scenario for sociologists to watch.. (provided we are told the truth by China).
Young, unmarried males are the primary criminal elements. Since China is getting bloated with this age segment (not enuf females for obvious reasons mentioned above) it will be interesting to see how the crime wave progresses.
Also, since there are not enuf females, the population should drop even lower in a certain number of years.
Of course, this is leading to crimes against women, kidnapping, forced marriages (if you can call them that) by desperate wannabe breeder farmers.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.