Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

arizona says its mean to put violent autards in a padded room

Posted by ladybug2203 
arizona says its mean to put violent autards in a padded room
March 12, 2014
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/law-targets-padded-rooms-autistic-kids/story?id=18892197
Re: arizona says its mean to put violent autards in a padded room
March 12, 2014
Actually, if you read the article, Arizona is *limiting* the use of padded "seclusion" rooms for behaviorally challenged kids. Parents will have to consent to their use before a child can be put into one.
March 12, 2014
Sooner or later, they will have to put the violent unredeemable kids in straightjackets, to protect teachers and other kids. Or raise the money to build asylums. Multimillionaires could pay to have the institution named after them, ie. "The Trump Center For Special Education". If the populace keeps pumping them out, gotta find a place to park them at. The padded rooms will come to be seen as gentle some day. I would prefer it myself. A quiet, soft place to think, nap and relax. I can dream, can I ?shrug
March 12, 2014
Would they rather the violent things thrashed around in un-padded rooms and bashed their brains in on some corner?
Fuck, they probably would. Get the state to do the PNA for them.
If you don't want the state to be mean to Pwechus, then don't fuck up so badly that it becomes the state's problem.
March 12, 2014
juliewashere88
Would they rather the violent things thrashed around in un-padded rooms and bashed their brains in on some corner?
Fuck, they probably would. Get the state to do the PNA for them.
If you don't want the state to be mean to Pwechus, then don't fuck up so badly that it becomes the state's problem.

Actually, I think the state kind of does. When Breed Hills built the new high school one thing some people, not just me, noticed was that while the old building had ceramic bricks with rounded-off corners the new one had concrete blocks with a lot of sharp edges. Some of the walls were also as rough as a garage. I'm sure there have been some heads cracked open by now.
March 12, 2014
barren4ever
Sooner or later, they will have to put the violent unredeemable kids in straightjackets, to protect teachers and other kids. Or raise the money to build asylums. Multimillionaires could pay to have the institution named after them, ie. "The Trump Center For Special Education".

Perfect name. Instead of helmets the autards could wear special padded toupees.
March 12, 2014
aliceblue
barren4ever
Sooner or later, they will have to put the violent unredeemable kids in straightjackets, to protect teachers and other kids. Or raise the money to build asylums. Multimillionaires could pay to have the institution named after them, ie. "The Trump Center For Special Education".

Perfect name. Instead of helmets the autards could wear special padded toupees.

smile rolling left rightsmile
March 12, 2014
Tie 'em to a tree. That way they can experience nature at the same time.

Hey - we have alot of potholes here (and everywhere) - That'd keep 'em occupied! Jerk and Spazz = Shovel and Fill.

Occupational Therapy!
March 12, 2014
Zzelda

Hey - we have alot of potholes here (and everywhere) - That'd keep 'em occupied! Jerk and Spazz = Shovel and Fill.

Occupational Therapy!

Where did that idea come from, Little House on the Prairie?
March 12, 2014
mr. neptune
Zzelda

Occupational Therapy!

Where did that idea come from, Little House on the Prairie?

No, I came up with myself! (Probably because they keep talking about all the potholes on the news here.)

Hey, I was going to pat myself on the back for my brilliance here! Seriously - I was going to go sit right by my mailbox to await the Nobel Prize! grinning smiley LOL

I also thought - this could be incorporated in B4E's 'sponsor program' too - this can be their "industry". Besides just 'donating' - they can make money off of it, at the same time!

I shouldn't be giving anyone any ideas ~

Of course some similar programs are already in place. Prison Industries. Existant Tard Programs, etc.
March 12, 2014
I recently read on an awwwtizmmm blog (Age of Autism, I think) that the rate of autism is projected to be 1 in 9, by the year 2022. (Holy crap.). They're gonna have to build many more padded rooms -- and many more institutions, for when they age out of the school system.
March 13, 2014
Apparently CT also has concerns about corralling the flappers -- or even removing rampaging tards from the class room.the world 'fail' on flames

link
http://c-hit.org/2014/02/09/restraints-seclusions-target-students-with-autism-new-report-shows/

On a related topic, don't forget it will soon be autard month so expect to hear more about these "wondrous" creatures.
http://www.aliensandchildren.org/Cause_of_Autism_Epidemic.htm

Reading about autism on google, I found this page, which basically says that Autistic people are the result of genetic tampering by aliens! waving hellolarious
I think there was also something about a woman who claimed to have seen a human-alien hybrid that was "flapping" its arms just like her autistic son does.

...just thought I post this here for added hilarity
March 13, 2014
Actually, I meant that on one episode of Little House, there was a scene where the couple were working on the farm and they had their child tied to a rope on a post like you would tie out a dog to keep it from getting loose.
March 13, 2014
I realize that, at one point in time, many mental institutions were shut down because there were legitimate cases of abuse. But, the smart move probably would've been to rehab and re-staff and keep those places up and running, with better health care and stricter regulation.

Although I can appreciate that the idea of "an institution" brings up scary images, I think lack of mental care facilities is a big problem in the country today. Not just with regards to mentally ill, including homeless who could use a safe haven, but, I do think that a large percentage of these "problem chyldren" would benefit from such places as well.

With regards to these violent type kyds -- awwtistics and otherwise -- they should most likely be placed in a mental health facility, for their own safety, but also of society at large.

I understand the mental hospital stigma, but, somehow I think even if it was a 5-star facility, Austimoos would still throw a fit at the idea of their kyds ending up there. I just don't get the mentality that they are willing to be terrorized, even beat to death in their own homes, much less all too willing to inflict violent chyldren on society.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login