Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Advertising

Posted by Not surprised 
Not surprised
Advertising
November 29, 2005
Post moved from the rant page: Date: 11-28-05 21:48

Hey John. I wanted to comment on your observation about advertising. I used to work in that industry (and got out because it made me sick). Trust me, most of the people writing those ads are not the target audience. Lots of homos and single CFers. You do what you have to to push a product. And they do it well. When I was 21 I was given an account, stock car racing. Mind you, I knew nothing about the sport, but no one else wnated to do it. So I researched it and we tested some of the ads, and they did quite well. Here's a secret about advertising--the people writing some of the ads are laughing about the crap their clients actually bought.

Find a creative person in the ad biz and ask him or her, how well do you understand your target audience? Most of them will snort. That's the skill! You don't. You observe and watch. OnStar gets kudos in my book because they tapped into exactly what the breeders are afraid of--parenting! (Oh my gosh--I locked the keys in the car! That never happens! I'm a bad Mom! Help me! Help Me!).
Anonymous User
Re: Advertising
December 01, 2005
Speaking of advertising - the one that makes me gag - is the J&J - "I used to like them tall-dark-handsome - (bathing crotch-dumpling) now the "love" of my life is short & bald"..... or some kind of drivel like that! PUKE! I say throw the baybeeee out WITH the bathwater!
CF VTer
December 01, 2005
DW and I were passing the puke bucket back and forth for that one, too...

KidFreeLuvnLife
Advertising & Meet The Fockers
December 01, 2005
I don't watch TV or read the newspaper because of assanine advertising drivel. Plus I'm sick of every show on TV featuring breeders and their screeching urchins. I'm sure everyone has seen "Meet the Fockers" by now? Well, of course they HAD to ruin it by entering into the story that Pam was pregnant and her sister had a baby already. Give me a fucking break. Just WHAT did the content of off spring add to this movie? All it did was piss me off.
VLM
December 01, 2005
LuckyCFbea - I saw that commercial, too. Completely disgusting!! This just proves that the message that is supposed to come across is that if a woman has a baybee, she is supposed to drop everything, ignore her significant other/spouse and give her entire life over to the baybee.
mercurior 1
December 01, 2005
i used to work in a marketing department of a local college and i got a qualification in marketing, the biggest market in advertising is women and most people see women as brood mares. its all about profit. watch any tv advert and remember its all about money, nothing else matters.
Anonymous User
December 01, 2005
A bit off track - not advertising - but a movie - Mr. & Mrs Smith with Pitt & AJ has this WONDERFUL scene where her character is among a heard of moos & crotch dumplings - She, AJ - is about as adult & confident next to the screams & panic - almost forced to hold one of the baybeeees she has this wonderful "aint I glad to be CF" look - It's a priceless NO BABY ON BOARD scene.....
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.