Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Time to move? Seriously?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Time to move? Seriously?
March 22, 2015
My husband and I have lived in the same house for 17 years, happily childfree. Recently, our neighbors started fostering 3 young children who are constantly all over us anytime we even take the dog outside. We just got new neighbors on the other side of us, 2 more young children with that family. We have not met the new neighbors yet. We are huge college basketball fans. Right in the middle of our big game, the child who belongs to our new neighbors and is maybe 4, rang our doorbell and asked to come inside our house. I'm disgusted by the non-parenting in our neighborhood and frankly, don't even know where to go from here. Any thoughts or advice?
Re: Time to move? Seriously?
March 22, 2015
You need to find a way to nicely tell them to keep their spawn to themselves. We are in a similar situation. Just be careful to do it nicely, or you'll come off as the evil childfree kid haters. As you have to live next to these people, I would suggest tact. Even then, be prepared for the Village mentality from them. it sucks, i know. But it's better to let them know now, then face a barrage of favor begging from them, all because they have brats. I speak from experience from this. We are the evil CF people on our street because we don't put up with spawn on our property at any time. We also don't socialize with the breeder neighbors.
If they don't repond to tact and politeness, then be prepared in the future for possibly having to call the cops on their kids if they start doing shit. Sorry, but that's the breaks of living next door to breeders.
March 22, 2015
Approach the whole thing using the "stranger danger" angle. That gets breeders clutching their pearls and keeping their ducks firmly under their breast.

Also express "concern" regarding the dog. It doesn't matter it's got all the truth of a report on snow in the Sahara Desert.

:biggrin2

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 22, 2015
Yep, nip this in the bud. Talk to the parents before it becomes even worse. Early boundaries are good.

As for the four year old knocking on your door asking to come in...I'd tell them "It's not good manners to invite yourself over. Go play in your yard. Bye!" and shut the door.

I personally think the "stranger danger" thing is overdone, because kids aren't in nearly as much danger from strangers as they are from coaches, leaders, pastors, and their own family members. They should have a healthy wariness of strangers and an understanding of what situations are times to be especially guarded about strangers. But I wouldn't bother working the pedophile-behind-every-corner angle.

Oh, and when talking with the parents, be sure to mention that your dog isn't socialized to children (even if that's not the case) and that you're not comfortable having them around your dog for that reason. Then maybe they'll leave you alone when you take Fido for a stroll.
March 22, 2015
randomcfchick

Oh, and when talking with the parents, be sure to mention that your dog isn't socialized to children (even if that's not the case) and that you're not comfortable having them around your dog for that reason. Then maybe they'll leave you alone when you take Fido for a stroll.

Poor fido, he's a Michael Vick Rescue. they were training him to fight/bite. I know he looks like a poodle but he's mix Pitdoodle. They only look cute...

with the dog I'd say it bites, that way the perants wont want the kids near your dog or in your yard because they could get hurt, but that might not stop them if they just don't care.

If you have a fence with gate in the front yard you could put a padlock on it, that way, soon as you see a kid in your yard you can get up them or to their perants for trespassing in your yard, as the law is on your side then.

I do that for my home, I have a side fence that kept being leavered open to get past the slide bolt and padlock so kids could get their shit out of my yard when I'm not home, but I didn't have a dog back then, so I used wire to bound it shut to the fence, and borrowed my friends anti kid dog for a weekend with a warning dog sign up on my fence, one kid and one adult tried to hop my fence for a cricket ball, saw the dog, nope, came and knocked on my door instead.

Now I have my own sweet pooch who I've taught to bark and growl, and its been nearly 3years no one in my yard but Mr exile and I.
March 23, 2015
I would not go the stranger danger route. If I saw one of the kids in my n-hood in trouble, I would probably help them out of that situation. The few CF neighbors are pretty much the same. No point in being labeled the block perv or scary person.

Stranger danger is so overplayed, anyways. They should worry about the people their kids are around constantly....coaches, scout leaders, the weird uncle no one wants around, grandpa, the BFF who is several years older.

Then again, the kids here are by and large nice kids and don't go inviting themselves in. I would be inclined to use bad manners and rudeness rather than evil strangers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 23, 2015
Oh... keep your doors locked. In our first house (a small town house) a girl about 5 or 6 I'd say, knocked on my door one afternoon and asked if she could come in. I think it was because she had seen that I had two small dogs. I told her that I didn't know her and she couldn't just invite herself into a stranger's home. Next day... she just walked in my front door and into my livingroom to play with my dogs... totally unannounced. I told her she had to leave and she looked at me like I was crazy. I picked up the dogs and pointed to the door and told her 'GO'. She did. I kept things locked up after that. I think I heard her try that trick once or twice more. What is WRONG with these parunts (and kids) that they would think this was okay?

Had an issue at my second town house too. We moved in in November and met our neighbors 2 doors down within the first few days. They were nice, 3 kids and a cat. So we went through the winter on a neighborly basis...you know.. 'hello's', 'how do you like this weather?' and offers to help clean snow off our cars and stuff.

Spring comes. I get a knock at my door one day. The moo was livid. She said that 2 of her kids were playing near our deck in the back and got 'dog poo' on their shoes. (I had 3 small dogs then and I would let them out at the end of my deck steps and clean it up every few days...they were poodles... the poop wasn't that big) She was very angry and so I got defensive. All I said was 'It will be taken care of.'

Only 3 days later we had our back yard (only a small yard) fenced in with stockade fence and a padlock on the gate. It was taken care of alright ... and they never spoke to us again. See, the people who used to live in our house had 2 kids and her kids used to play with them on the back deck. Well... we locked her poor little pweshes away from one of their play places. Sheesh!!!

In this house I have not had any problems. It's a single fambly home and we have larger lots. Even when the kids in the immediate area were young ...we never had any problems. I just dread when these original owners (we've been here 17 years) begin to sell and the younger famblies begin to move in. Maybe I'll be ready for the assisted living facility by then. LOL
March 23, 2015
If the kid rings the bell, don't answer. We're surrounded right now by brats behind us, and next to us on both sides. Thankfully no brats have rung our bell. But at our last house, the moo sent her brat over to our house to ask if he could borrow money. Couldn't believe as we didn't even know these people.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
March 23, 2015
M4P
If the kid rings the bell, don't answer. We're surrounded right now by brats behind us, and next to us on both sides. Thankfully no brats have rung our bell. But at our last house, the moo sent her brat over to our house to ask if he could borrow money. Couldn't believe as we didn't even know these people.

:hs

Wow, that's just low. The nerve of some people.
March 23, 2015
M4P
I don't answer my door either. If I am not expecting someone, you ain't getting in. If I look through the peephole and you are not the mailman, I ain't answerin' it. Call me mean if you want.

And that is so ghetto of the neighbors to send their kid over to beg for money. Breeders are really low class creatures.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
March 23, 2015
I would tell them that you have a fire ant infestation in your lawn.
March 23, 2015
M4P

Where do people get the balls to do these things? Shit's crazy.

Maybe it would've been helpful to print out some money for such an event:

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

March 24, 2015
M4P

What an amazing act of entitlement. I can see sending a kid to a neighbor to ask for an egg or half a cup of sugar once in a while when you've forgotten to get something and the shops are closed, but asking for anything valued at much more than 50 cents requires some pre-existing relationship.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login