Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Validation for why I feel like fleeing from a screaming kid

Posted by Dorisan 
Validation for why I feel like fleeing from a screaming kid
July 18, 2015
So much for the moos who get all frowny when I take off for the other end of the grocery store to escape the caterwauling of their brats

http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/theres-a-scientific-reason-we-cant-ignore-screaming-babies/
Re: Validation for why I feel like fleeing from a screaming kid
July 18, 2015
This study refers several times to a 'fear' response, but what I feel certainly isn't fearful. I just want it to shut up, and holding and cooing to it is not the thing that first leaps into my mind to achieve that. Mostly I just envision a pillow over the face.

The author said that she had been unsuccessful at letting her son 'cry it out.' I can't imagine that would have been a particular problem for me. Put in crib (in its own room, natch), close door, insert earplugs or put on headphones and eventually baby will get the message. I mean, I'd check on it and all to make sure it wasn't choking to death or hadn't flopped itself around so that its head got stuck somewhere it shouldn't, but that picking it up whenever it made so much as a farty-type noise would never have flown in my house.

But, breeders lose their ever-lovin' minds that baby might experience so much as a scintilla of discomfort for any reason at all, ever. If they want to create their own hells, it's no skin off my ass.
barbur
This study refers several times to a 'fear' response, but what I feel certainly isn't fearful. I just want it to shut up, and holding and cooing to it is not the thing that first leaps into my mind to achieve that. Mostly I just envision a pillow over the face.

The author said that she had been unsuccessful at letting her son 'cry it out.' I can't imagine that would have been a particular problem for me. Put in crib (in its own room, natch), close door, insert earplugs or put on headphones and eventually baby will get the message. I mean, I'd check on it and all to make sure it wasn't choking to death or hadn't flopped itself around so that its head got stuck somewhere it shouldn't, but that picking it up whenever it made so much as a farty-type noise would never have flown in my house.

But, breeders lose their ever-lovin' minds that baby might experience so much as a scintilla of discomfort for any reason at all, ever. If they want to create their own hells, it's no skin off my ass.

I don't know if it's true but I've read that infants as young as 8-months-old are capable of showing deception by crying for no reason other than to get attention.

I'd do exactly what you did if I had a brat but, of course, some people will claim that your method is "abusive."
July 19, 2015
barbur

Haha, while my choice of thoughts are alot less humane, the outcome remains the same, I hear a baby wailing, and the only urge that comes through the wailing sirens, is that I want to kill it, just to shut it up, now lurking moos will be shocked and horrified by that I'm sure, but its the truth.

I've come to understand why I think such thoughts as my ears bleed out, survival instincts. here's a creature sounding a loud alarm that my brain registers as alerting other creatures, possibly preditors around me, to a location I'm very close to, which is a threat to my survival. This logic is of course as primitive as it gets, but its also very interesting in theory, since if we humans were put into a non-technological situation, a wailing baby would be a dangerous thing to get around with.

I've also heard that the crys of a new born can cause post moos in the radius to produce milk and lactate, but only for new borns.

Either way, the fact that my personal brain registers a babys crys with such an instinct, this is my primary reason for choosing not to breed, and a dam good reason if I say so. - who ever hears me say this and proceeds to keep telling me I'd make a great mum, is an idiot

Edit: would I actually harm a child? - not if I can help it, and by that, I mean, walking away, plugging my ears or not having any myself. - so no.
A baby's scream elicits a visceral, uncontrollable response. Your choice, as it has been from the dawn of time, is to either deal with it or run away. Since a screeching kid is one of those instances where Moomy does NOT want The VillageTM interfering, your only other option, according to natural law, is to get the hell out of there.

Now I know why I feel so exhausted and nerve-jangled after several hours of hearing the neighbor kids "play" outside (aka "perpetually wail like they're being fed feet-first through a wood chipper").

And after reading this article, I feel much, much more justified in giving an I-live-with-this-so-should-you Moo a double Sicilian Side-Eye of Death.

SCREAMING IS AN ALARM. BLITHELY SUBJECTING OTHERS TO IT BECAUSE YOU ARE LAZY OR OVERLY INDULGENT IS FUCKING ABUSE, ON A PAR WITH PHYSICAL THREATS.

When other animals give alarm calls, their tribemates know to either go into battle mode or GTFO; that's why alarm calls fucking exist. "Treating" other people to it who can't do either or castigating them for moving away from your precious little air raid siren would earn you a good hard slap, in a sane world.
July 21, 2015
Yes, these little shits will cry to see if they get attention. Even those who can't walk. They have cameras on these babies and they will see them cry a little, and then obviously listen to see if they are getting a response.
And Americas Funniest Video had the proof on tape on an episode quite a few years ago. This one was walking but couldn't have been much more than 2 years old. What a phony act it put on. Even the dog walked away, staying with dad who was filming it.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login