Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have Yourself Spayed or Neutered, Fucking Breeders

Posted by SlumSlut 
Re: Have Yourself Spayed or Neutered, Fucking Breeders
July 04, 2012
Just emailed animal control. I hope I hear back.
July 04, 2012
law
Just emailed animal control. I hope I hear back.

If there is no pet then it was an attempt to scam. Then it's time for da po po

I'm glad to hear that Law - I hope this poor little guy will get the help he deserves and a new home where he will be loved up properly.
SlumSlut
I died today. You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number. I am in a black plastic bag in a landfill now. Some other puppy will get the barely used leash you left. My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge . Would I still be at home if I hadn’t chewed your shoe? I didn’t know what it was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You forgot to get puppy toys. Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken? Rubbing my nose in what I did only made me ashamed that I had to go at all. There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door. Would I still be at home if I hadn’t brought fleas into the house? Without anti-flea medicine, I couldn’t get them off of me after you left me in the yard for days. Would I still be at home if I hadn’t barked? I was only saying, “I’m scared, I’m lonely, I’m here, I’m here! I want to be your best friend.” Would I still be at home if I had made you happy? Hitting me didn’t make me learn how. Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to teach manners to me? You didn’t pay attention to me after the first week or so, but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me. I died today. Love, Your Puppy

***Edit to add : Please forward this to everyone, as its time to stop assholes who think animals are disposable. It is not a handbag, or a pair of shoes you can ship-off, the minute issues come up. If YOU don`t step up to the plate, odds are NO ONE WILL.

Wow, that almost made me cry. I can't stand people who treat their animals this way. My next door neighbours ignore their cat -- lock him out for days with no food and water -- and it enrages me beyond reason. I would take him in myself, but I have a very old cat who is allergic to the fe-luk vaccine, so I can't risk her getting exposed or rough housed. Otherwise, I would in a heartbeat. I doubt they'd even notice. If I've noticed him roaming for a while, I put food out at the end of the yard. I shouldn't lest he try to sneak inside, but I can't help it.

People think of their pets as mobile furniture, but in truth, those animals probably have way more soul and love in them than their human abusers ever could.
yurble
I suppose I have a number of reasons. First, I grew up in a rural area, and I tend to have a more utilitarian approach to domesticated animals than most people here. I don't often elaborate on these views because I am aware most people on this board have a different view, and I don't want to offend or get in a fight over this. Now that I live in a city, I simply don't have any need for the functions an animal can perform (for instance, I don't need a cat to prevent mice from getting into the grain).

Second, I have allergies and couldn't have indoor pets. Outdoor pets are not really an option in the city, as it's cruel to keep animals where they don't have space to run around.

Third, having an animal requires a measure of commitment and responsibility--medical care, shelter, opportunities to exercise, and food and water at a minimum. (If you keep an animal indoors, you also have a responsibility to entertain it to some extent.) I have no real desire to take on that commitment or responsibility. I also would rather spend my free time doing something other than entertaining or caring for something.

Fourth, I am somewhat concerned about the ecological impact of pet ownership. It's better than a lot of other things people do, but it still strikes me as wasteful. (Remember, I am also opposed to human reproduction, and I think it's far better to have pets than to have children.)

Now, none of this is to say that I don't have sympathy for the many animals that are put down, or that I don't think other people should own pets. It does make me sad to see colonies of feral cats which inhabit many parts of the world. I would feel bad for any creature that is suffering without purpose. I just don't have a romantic view of either humans or other animals.

I get where you're coming from. A couple thoughts, though.

Those handy, symbiotic rural pets you grew up with are different from the animals we city-dwellers keep. My cat is pampered beyond belief. She is so trusting that I can set her on her back in my lap, and she will just let me clip her claws. She tells me when she's sick. She's a CAT. She would be positively helpless in a rural setting.

Also, I completely agree with you about us keeping pets the way we do. I understand the symbiotic relationship of rural and farm feral pets that are somewhat independent, and get as much from humans as we get from them. I am uncomfortable with breeding animals for the purpose of keeping them in our people-boxes.

But they're already here.

So, as an animal-lover, and a cat person in particular, I will continue to adopt rescue cats for as long as domestic cats continue to exist.

If someday we manage to neuter 100% of domesticated cats and they start moving towards extinction, I will do nothing to try to repopulate them.

I would actually be happy to see that happen, whether they all move towards being rural feral cats or simply disappear. I don't think it's right that we create such helpless, highly dependent animals for our own amusement.

But as long as they're here, I will continue to care for them, making absolutely sure to never allow them to breed.
October 20, 2012
If I recall correctly - I'm not going to go upthread to check - this was in response to a question posed by Kim about why people wouldn't want pets, and I was trying to explain my reasons.

lilin_unite

Those handy, symbiotic rural pets you grew up with are different from the animals we city-dwellers keep. My cat is pampered beyond belief. She is so trusting that I can set her on her back in my lap, and she will just let me clip her claws. She tells me when she's sick. She's a CAT. She would be positively helpless in a rural setting.

I don't think city cats are quite as helpless as their owners usually think they are. There's ample evidence that many of them are quite capable of catching prey, hence the campaigns for cats to wear bells to protect local birds. And, having lived in the country, I have seen a good many pet - not working - dogs attack livestock if given the opportunity, while their owners continue to protest that Fluffy couldn't possibly have done that, even if he was caught red-muzzled.

If you, your cat, and I were suddenly dumped in a wilderness, I'd rate your cat's chances of survival above yours or mine. I think non-human animals are quicker to throw off human conditioning and adapt to situations than most people.

lilin_unite
I would actually be happy to see that happen, whether they all move towards being rural feral cats or simply disappear. I don't think it's right that we create such helpless, highly dependent animals for our own amusement.

But as long as they're here, I will continue to care for them, making absolutely sure to never allow them to breed.

I don't disagree with that. I don't like pet breeding for the reasons mentioned, but I see nothing wrong and several things good with people adopting rescue animals. It's just not for me, for several of the reasons described in my original post (allergies, not wanting dependents).
yurble
If I recall correctly - I'm not going to go upthread to check - this was in response to a question posed by Kim about why people wouldn't want pets, and I was trying to explain my reasons.

lilin_unite

I don't think city cats are quite as helpless as their owners usually think they are. There's ample evidence that many of them are quite capable of catching prey, hence the campaigns for cats to wear bells to protect local birds. And, having lived in the country, I have seen a good many pet - not working - dogs attack livestock if given the opportunity, while their owners continue to protest that Fluffy couldn't possibly have done that, even if he was caught red-muzzled.

If you, your cat, and I were suddenly dumped in a wilderness, I'd rate your cat's chances of survival above yours or mine. I think non-human animals are quicker to throw off human conditioning and adapt to situations than most people.

Not my kitty. She's not a hearty tabby mutt. She's a pure bred Cornish Rex.

She'd freeze to death in an instant because she's missing her top two layers of fur (due to breed specifications). There are squirrels bigger than her. And this is what I mean. We breed animals to have traits we find desirable, but which debilitate them from functioning normally in a natural environment.

Yes, a domestic cat who hasn't been inbred to hell and back and has a healthy mix of genes could survive quite happily. Those are probably the kinds of cats you had when you were living out in the boonies.

But those aren't the domestic cats people are pumping into the market. The ones they're pumping into the market are debilitated pure breds. See an earlier post, quoting that at least half of abandoned shelter dogs are pure breds.

When she was younger, yes, she was a very good hunter (we lived in an old house and bats sometimes got in through the attic; she could catch those too!). But the problem is that her body can't take the pressures of a natural environment.

In addition, it has a lot to do with how they're raised. Kittens always raised in a domestic environment will become pray in short order if released into the wild, just like wild animals raised in captivity. They're too trusting and they never properly trained their survival instincts.

If it were true that animals can simply shake off their captive/domestic lives, then we wouldn't have such extensive programs dedicated to rehabilitation of captive animals.

They would have to be completely rehabilitated to become feral cats -- assuming their breed specifications didn't make that totally impossible.

P.S. Not criticizing your choice not to keep pets. It's an individual choice, and as long as you're not breeding or abandoning them, you're not part of the problem. That's cool by me. I'm just explaining why I keep them.
a couple my own age who I have known for a long time had an "accident" baybee a couple years ago, and the Moo decided it was too much work to raise her two cats she had for 4-5 years before this AND her new baybee at the same time, Ultimately the gave the 2 cats to a perfect stranger.

Since then, the Moo and the Duh have become champions for Parent Rights everywhere. The duh got into it with me on FB for insinuating mothering your own kids isn't a real job, since it serves nobody except yourselves and doesn't draw a paycheck or provide any service whatsoever. He went on to tell me I'm "ignorant" and that he feels every mother of a new child deserves a paid year off courtesy of the child-free, because thats how hard it is and we just have no idea. My counter argument was it must not be nearly as hard as raising a pair of cats, since they got rid of the cats and kept the kid, and he and his wife (who I've known for almost a decade, back before they became Pawents) proceeded to block me.

A lot people told me afterwards, "that was a low blow". I was just curious to see if he thought all cat owners should a taxpayer-funded free year off for every cat they adopt, but I never had the opportunity.
June 20, 2016
Nice thread necro! grinning smiley But I love your response! LOL!!! hot smiley

ianyoung1982
My counter argument was it must not be nearly as hard as raising a pair of cats, since they got rid of the cats and kept the kid.
June 20, 2016
That was great! grinning smiley You have got balls! smiling bouncing smiley
A lot people told me afterwards, "that was a low blow". I was just curious to see if he thought all cat owners should a taxpayer-funded free year off for every cat they adopt, but I never had the opportunity.

"Low blow?!" That was brilliant! I love it! I also second the idea of tax credits for pets. I know you were joking / trying to prove a point, but I could still use it. Audi eats a 50lb bag a month

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
June 20, 2016
Holy thread necromancing Batman! eye popping smiley

That wasn't a low blow, that was calling them out on their bullshit logic. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 20, 2016
ianyoung1982
My counter argument was it must not be nearly as hard as raising a pair of cats, since they got rid of the cats and kept the kid

DAMN! That was AWESOME!! Nothing wrong at all with pointing out breeder hypocrisy grinning smiley.

Take a bow! You have earned it LOL!

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 21, 2016
This is one of those rare times when a thread needs to be necromanced.

I'm sick of seeing pahrunts on Fakebook bitch and moan about how "Parenting is incredible and HARD and glittery and HARD and orgasmic and HARD and unicorns farting rainbows and HARD and the greatest love you'll ever know BUT IT'S SO HAAAAAAAARD." You obviously weren't thinking of how HARD it was going to be when you were doing the bareback mattress tango, were you? Bed made lie.

Bravo ianyoung. You PWNED those morons.
June 21, 2016
Where's the chainsaw icon? Oh well I'll just use these two. angry smileyhot smiley
June 22, 2016
Totally pwned, nice burn.

http://shejustglows.com/2015/03/giving-dog-away-kids-doesnt-make-bad-person/

Ran across this gem today.
June 22, 2016
SlumSlut
I remembered another one from the "breeder pet-hypocrite files".

The ones who get their cat declawed because "you can't trust cats with baybees and smawl chyldrun" but continue to have a pit-bull or rottweiler even more destructive / danger to themselves child running the house.

There, I fixed it for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login